Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4528568 - 07/03/20 07:21 PM Amazon and the creators of "Westworld" are making a TV series based on "Fallout"  
Crane Hunter Offline
Veteran
Crane Hunter  Offline
Veteran

Master Meme-er
Amazon and the creators of "Westworld" are making a TV series based on "Fallout", the hit video-game series

[Linked Image]

Amazon is turning the hit video-game series "Fallout" into a TV show.

Amazon Studios tweeted a short teaser for the series on Thursday, July 2, which shows an old TV set and the words "please stand by."

The "Fallout" series, which was launched by Interplay Entertainment in 1997 and is now developed by Bethesda Game Studios, takes place in a post-nuclear apocalypse America. Amazon's series will be made by Kilter Films, a production company run by Jonathan Nolan and Lisa Joy, the showrunners behind the "Westworld" series.

"Fallout is one of the greatest game series of all time," Joy and Nolan told Deadline.

"Each chapter of this insanely imaginative story has cost us countless hours we could have spent with family and friends. So we're incredibly excited to partner with Todd Howard and the rest of the brilliant lunatics at Bethesda to bring this massive, subversive, and darkly funny universe to life with Amazon Studios," they added.

Todd Howard, director of Bethesda, told Deadline there have been discussions about a "Fallout" series for the past decade. "It was clear from the moment I first spoke with Jonah and Lisa a few years ago, that they and the team at Kilter were the ones to do it right. We're enormous fans of their work and couldn't be more excited to work with them and Amazon Studios," said Howard.

Amazon Studios' co-head of TV Albert Cheng told Deadline that Joy and Nolan were the "perfect storytellers to bring this series to life."

https://www.businessinsider.com/ama...es-with-the-creators-of-westworld-2020-7

Lamest teaser ever.

The show itself is bound to suck harder than a supermassive black hole, but hopefully not.

Inline advert (4th to 5th topic)

#4528639 - 07/04/20 11:15 AM Re: Amazon and the creators of "Westworld" are making a TV series based on "Fallout" [Re: Crane Hunter]  
Trooper117 Offline
Hotshot
Trooper117  Offline
Hotshot

UK
Hmmm... I was just thinking the other day they should make a series on Metro 2033, Metro Last Light and Metro Exodus.
but this will do!

#4528844 - 07/06/20 03:10 AM Re: Amazon and the creators of "Westworld" are making a TV series based on "Fallout" [Re: Crane Hunter]  
PanzerMeyer Online centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Online Centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
Lisa Joy and Jonathan Nolan will be very busy now running two shows. Of course due to the current pandemic who knows when season 4 of Westworld will arrive and when the first season of this Fallout show will be released? I'm thinking we have lots of waiting to do.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4528845 - 07/06/20 03:12 AM Re: Amazon and the creators of "Westworld" are making a TV series based on "Fallout" [Re: Trooper117]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by Trooper117
Hmmm... I was just thinking the other day they should make a series on Metro 2033, Metro Last Light and Metro Exodus.
but this will do!

It should ideally be a Russian studio to make it but I don't know if any of them have quite the finances to pull it off.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4528852 - 07/06/20 05:10 AM Re: Amazon and the creators of "Westworld" are making a TV series based on "Fallout" [Re: Crane Hunter]  
Mr_Blastman Online content
Hotshot
Mr_Blastman  Online Content
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
I would be interested if it were not the folks behind Westworld. They don't seem to know what they're doing with that show. They try to much to be "cool" and do not work hard enough at producing a cohesive, contiguous plot, nor characters that we care about.

Last edited by Mr_Blastman; 07/06/20 05:11 AM.
#4528900 - 07/06/20 01:59 PM Re: Amazon and the creators of "Westworld" are making a TV series based on "Fallout" [Re: Crane Hunter]  
EAF331 MadDog Offline
XBL: LanceHawkins
EAF331 MadDog  Offline
Hotshot

Oslo, Norway
I'd disagree with that. I found Westworld cohesive and not that hard to follow.

#4528901 - 07/06/20 02:08 PM Re: Amazon and the creators of "Westworld" are making a TV series based on "Fallout" [Re: EAF331 MadDog]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by EAF331 MadDog

Personally I agree with you and I consider myself to be a very avid fan of the series and I really enjoyed this last recent season. Having said that, there is no doubt that the show has lost many viewers since season 2. Sure, we can sit here and try to find the reasons why the show has lost so many viewers but as long as HBO keeps renewing the series I'm happy. smile

#4528909 - 07/06/20 02:52 PM Re: Amazon and the creators of "Westworld" are making a TV series based on "Fallout" [Re: EAF331 MadDog]  
Mr_Blastman Online content
Hotshot
Mr_Blastman  Online Content
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
Originally Posted by EAF331 MadDog

I found it to be a creative cesspool of bad, poorly executed ideas, post Season 1.

Lacking a "cohesive, contiguous plot" does not in any contextual way mean "hard to follow." Not sure how you came up with that?

What it means is that the plot is poorly structured, and does not properly build upon itself in successive fashion. Take season 2--it is entirely possible to watch episode 1 and episode 10, skip the rest of of the season and miss absolutely nothing. That's outhouse writing, for you, not even worth the toilet paper. Better off using dry, flaky leaves, because at least that way you'll get some crackle.

#4528991 - 07/07/20 05:50 AM Re: Amazon and the creators of "Westworld" are making a TV series based on "Fallout" [Re: Mr_Blastman]  
EAF331 MadDog Offline
EAF331 MadDog  Offline
Hotshot

Oslo, Norway
Originally Posted by Mr_Blastman

I found it to be a creative cesspool of bad, poorly executed ideas, post Season 1.

We'll just agree to disagree.
But worth to keeping in mind is that Fallout will very likely not be Westworld Mk 2. Jonathan Nolan's only other TV credit was "Persons of Interest", another TV show I immensely enjoyed. But his movie record is stellar.
His wife, Lisa Joy, was a writer on "Burn Notice", another TV show I really enjoyed.

All in all I'm thinking this will be really great.

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.