Blade_RJ Offline
Simhq Weather man, dropping rain in your parade
Blade_RJ  Offline
Hotshot

brasil
Originally Posted by adlabs6
Originally Posted by Chucky
Panzer,I'd be nothing but a liability. I suppose you could use me to walk out of cover to see if it's safe duck

You might be surprised how beginner-friendly the Arma group sessions are. Really worth considering, and experiencing in a coop multiplayer setting.

people still play online ? i never got around to try it. been sitting in my backlog forever.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4528256 - 07/01/20 04:11 PM Re: Steam Summer sale [Re: Blade_RJ]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by Blade_RJ
Originally Posted by adlabs6
Panzer,I'd be nothing but a liability. I suppose you could use me to walk out of cover to see if it's safe duck

You might be surprised how beginner-friendly the Arma group sessions are. Really worth considering, and experiencing in a coop multiplayer setting.

people still play online ? i never got around to try it. been sitting in my backlog forever.

Check us out in the ArmA forum for info on which mods you will need to download and install. We would love for you to join our group!

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4528573 - 07/03/20 08:02 PM Re: Steam Summer sale [Re: Chucky]  
WangoTango Offline
Hotshot
WangoTango  Offline
Hotshot

Ontario, Canada
I just grabbed some ARMA 3 stuff. Global Mobilization and Apex.

I think I'm nearly done now.

The free game next week on Epic is Conan Exiles. I don't usually enjoy 3rd person games but for free,why not?

I just grabbed Global Mobilization myself. The only DLC I didn't own yet. I was waiting for it to go on sale. It is massive (ARMA 3 standards) at over 24 GB. Almost doubles the install size.

#4528589 - 07/03/20 09:48 PM Re: Steam Summer sale [Re: WangoTango]  
Chucky Online sosad
Veteran
Chucky  Online Sosad
Veteran

UK
I also added ARMA 3 Jets,Helicopters,Tanks and Laws of War.

I've just been playing on an Altis Life RP server. No clue what to do at first. I kept seeing a message that I'd been paid but didn't realise I had to withdraw it from an ATM machine. It's pretty good fun to be honest but I need a mic I think.

EV's are the Devils matchbox.
#4528630 - 07/04/20 07:34 AM Re: Steam Summer sale [Re: Chucky]  
RossUK Online cowboy
RossUK  Online Cowboy

Eastbourne, UK
I also added ARMA 3 Jets,Helicopters,Tanks and Laws of War.

I've just been playing on an Altis Life RP server. No clue what to do at first. I kept seeing a message that I'd been paid but didn't realise I had to withdraw it from an ATM machine. It's pretty good fun to be honest but I need a mic I think.

I am in the same boat as you I need a mic before I take the online plunge. Need to do some research into the best one to get.

I deeply loved the original Operation Flashpoint game back in the day and remember getting a new rig just to play it smoothly. Poured countless hours into it and to this day haven't found a game so tense as that campaign. I remember spending three hours on a mission evading a BMP that was hunting me during a night mission. Superb atmosphere.

I have all the DLC for Arma 3 except Karts but find myself loading the editor up and just pottering about in the various vehicles and sight-seeing. Waste of such a great game but finding the time to dedicate to it is hard at the moment.

#4528806 - 07/05/20 07:43 PM Re: Steam Summer sale [Re: WangoTango]  
Blade_RJ Offline
Blade_RJ  Offline
Hotshot

brasil
Bough horizon zero dawn because it was cheap and now its not anymore lol. seems someone gave steam the pricing bribe of the epic release.
got a few sims i was dating for a few years like cold waters and atlantic fleet, and some puzzle games to change pace from racing, shooting,rts.
and that is it for another 3-4 years as my dynamic library on steam just acused me of having 255 games i never even played......and problably never will most of them......trying all the single player story driven ones first since they are easiier to cross out.

#4528848 - 07/06/20 03:18 AM Re: Steam Summer sale [Re: WangoTango]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
I bought "Terminator: Resistance" and started playing it today. The game play is pretty good but I'm a bit disappointed in the somewhat outdated looking graphics.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4528854 - 07/06/20 06:39 AM Re: Steam Summer sale [Re: Blade_RJ]  
RossUK Online cowboy
RossUK  Online Cowboy

Eastbourne, UK
Bough horizon zero dawn because it was cheap and now its not anymore lol. seems someone gave steam the pricing bribe of the epic release.
got a few sims i was dating for a few years like cold waters and atlantic fleet, and some puzzle games to change pace from racing, shooting,rts.
and that is it for another 3-4 years as my dynamic library on steam just acused me of having 255 games i never even played......and problably never will most of them......trying all the single player story driven ones first since they are easiier to cross out.

Cold Waters is a superb game.

#4528942 - 07/06/20 07:59 PM Re: Steam Summer sale [Re: RossUK]  
Timothy Offline
Hotshot
Timothy  Offline
Hotshot

Phoenix - Ft. Carson
Originally Posted by RossUK

Cold Waters is a superb game.

They needed one more patch, and a Red side DLC. I also don't like the magic spotting that happens, like when the SeaWolf fires a torp at a Whiskey Class from directly behind and it immediately fires 3 torps at you. After losing a number of campaigns like that, I uninstalled it.

Keep Calm and Check Canopy

There are no ex-paratroopers, only ones off jump status

Learn Economics at:
http://www.mises.org
Carthago delenda est
#4529831 - 07/13/20 09:05 PM Re: Steam Summer sale [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Timothy Offline
Hotshot
Timothy  Offline
Hotshot

Phoenix - Ft. Carson
Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer
Just bought Terminator: Resistance due to the overwhelmingly positive reviews and the fact that I'm always game for a well made sci-fi shooter.

It was okay, about Call of Duty Modern Warfare quality. Would have been better if released in 2017. Visited the forums to see about a question and the biggest question was who to sleep with...Both of course, but they discussed the morality of it and even judged which scene was better and why the uncensored one is better. CGI bewbies. So I just decided to try to figure it out on my own. I now remember why I rarely go to discussion boards for games.

Learn Economics at:
Carthago delenda est
#4529920 - 07/14/20 11:36 AM Re: Steam Summer sale [Re: Timothy]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by Timothy
I now remember why I rarely go to discussion boards for games.

Most of us on SimHQ need to be constantly aware of the fact that the median age of gamersr is probably around 25 and this is especially true for shooters like Terminator.

Having said that, I am really enjoying the story so far and the game play is pretty well done.

Last edited by PanzerMeyer; 07/14/20 11:36 AM.

#4530703 - 07/20/20 04:47 PM Re: Steam Summer sale [Re: WangoTango]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
I finished Terminator: Resistance a few days ago and I have to say I was very impressed with the story and the characters. It was good writing all around and it makes a great prequel to the 1984 film. smile

#4530746 - 07/20/20 11:27 PM Re: Steam Summer sale [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Timothy Offline
Hotshot
Timothy  Offline
Hotshot

Phoenix - Ft. Carson

Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer
I finished Terminator: Resistance a few days ago and I have to say I was very impressed with the story and the characters. It was good writing all around and it makes a great prequel to the 1984 film. smile

Yes, the story was better than the movies post T2, I just wish the engine and the graphics were better for the price. Barring the comments about who to sleep with, I found the characters quite well done in the story.

Learn Economics at:
Carthago delenda est
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
They wokefied tomb raider !!
by Blade_RJ. 04/10/24 03:09 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.