#4527539 - 06/26/20 07:21 AM When Easy is NOT Easy  
FishTaco Offline
Forever Cromulent
FishTaco  Offline
Forever Cromulent

Perth, Western Australia
Hi community,

Call me a wuss if you like....LOL

recently trying to ease myself into DCS world, after watching a few videos on Youtube, I have to admit, I have it looking pretty outstanding. BUT......for somebody like me who is just getting into it, it seems like the easy mode is not an easy mode as such.

At the moment, I am having some troubles getting my head around weapons firing. Not sure what is going on here, I have mapped and re-mapped keys to my X52 Pro over and over again, but it just don't seem to be behaving. For example, the main trigger on my device it sees as 2 inputs. I've never seen this in a sim before.
I purchased some add on modules (not cheap!) and I can do everything except fire weapons. I especially downloaded the A-10A, but even that seems like it has reversed some of the mappings. Really weird. A little disappointed that there are no included tutorials either.

Has anybody else had similar issues? I did not purchase this as a free flight sim.

Thanks,

Andrew.

Kindest regards,

AJ

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, your victory will not stand in doubt; if you know Heaven and know Earth, you may make your victory complete." - The Art of War - Sun Tzu
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4527564 - 06/26/20 01:29 PM Re: When Easy is NOT Easy [Re: FishTaco]  
CyBerkut Offline
Administrator
CyBerkut  Offline
Administrator
Hotshot

Florida
The Saitek X52 Pro has a two stage trigger... that is to say, there are two buttons associated with the trigger. They can be assigned to different weapons, or you can do clever things where the first stage controls something else(Perhaps change a reticle, hud or radar mode) before the second stage triggers something.

1st thing to get settled... are you mapping functions using the Saitek software, or the key assignments menu in DCS? You can go either way, or even use both together, but the bottom line is you want to make sure they are not conflicting. If you are assigning your trigger functions in the Saitek software, then make sure the DCS key assignments menu has nothing being assigned to the trigger as well, or vice-versa. Same thing for the rest of the X52 Pro controls.

I have been away from using the Saitek X52Pro, for years. Same thing for DCS, actually. The Saitek software has some nice capabilities... but DCS has a lot of different aircraft with varying control assignments needed per aircraft. You may find it easiest to use the built-in DCS key assignment menu system in the long run.

If you are not yet writing down your mappings, and then checking both the Saitek software and the DCS menus for each button assignment... that would be a good practice to start.

Good luck!

#4527571 - 06/26/20 02:41 PM Re: When Easy is NOT Easy [Re: FishTaco]  
wormfood Offline
wormfood  Offline

Texas
You can also try going to the DCS forums or searching online for some X52 profiles for the A-10A and start with that. See if one of those works for you and maybe modify one of those if it's not perfect.

#4527875 - 06/29/20 11:57 AM Re: When Easy is NOT Easy [Re: FishTaco]  
FishTaco Offline
Forever Cromulent
FishTaco  Offline
Forever Cromulent

Perth, Western Australia
Thanks so much to everybody again. Managed to get my first kill today; MiG-29S dispatched by my F-15C. Not easy at all!

Kindest regards,

AJ

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, your victory will not stand in doubt; if you know Heaven and know Earth, you may make your victory complete." - The Art of War - Sun Tzu
#4529399 - 07/10/20 08:05 AM Re: When Easy is NOT Easy [Re: FishTaco]  
FlyingToaster Offline
FlyingToaster  Offline

Scotland
Get Chuck's guides, they are the best thing to help you with new planes.
I recently got the P-47 on release, and without Chuck's guide I was a bit lost, clicking random things to start it up.

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
They wokefied tomb raider !!
by Blade_RJ. 04/10/24 03:09 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.