Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4526854 - 06/22/20 09:00 PM New Update - All Confirmed Flyable Desert Aircraft!  
ATAG_Pattle Offline
ATAG_Pattle  Offline

Australia
Latest Beta images of all confirmed flyable desert war aircraft, coming to the highly anticipated expansion to IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz.

Not all aircraft shown are complete, with cockpits, external components, special effects and sounds to be finalised by release.

At the end of the video, we have included a full list of all flyable aircraft, including all variants, available in both IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz, which you will need to own in order to play the expansion, along with the outstanding channel and desert war types and variants.

Let us know which of the new aircraft will be the first you will fly when the game is released!

Cheers,

Pattle

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4526857 - 06/22/20 09:13 PM Re: New Update - All Confirmed Flyable Desert Aircraft! [Re: ATAG_Pattle]  
RedToo Online smile
RedToo  Online Smile

Bolton UK
thumbsup 109F for me, then Kittyhawk - I loved the Kittyhawk in IL2.

My 'Waiting for Clod' thread: http://tinyurl.com/bqxc9ee

Always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented.
Elie Wiesel. Romanian born Jewish writer, professor, political activist, Nobel Laureate, Holocaust survivor. 1928 - 2016.

Indeed the safest road to Hell is the gradual one - the gentle slope, soft underfoot, without sudden turnings, without milestones, without signposts. C.S. Lewis, 1898 - 1963.
#4526964 - 06/23/20 02:22 PM Re: New Update - All Confirmed Flyable Desert Aircraft! [Re: ATAG_Pattle]  
Blade_Meister Offline
Blade_Meister  Offline

Atlanta, GA, USA
Come on ATAG_Pattle, you have to know by now what the first plane I will fly will be???? No???? Let me give you a subtle hint then, maybe this will help.

It begins with a Mart....................................

no? need another???
if you still can't guess, it ends with alet
winkngrin

Nice Vid.

S!Blade<><

Edit: That music, WOW, Just WOW! If that is playing during all of the UI screens I am going to have a hard time starting the mission and thus cutting it off. Very nice. By the way, that Trop Spitty looks like a Spitty and a garden gnome had a head on. biggrin
One more thing! People can say what they want, this has taken so long, it doesn't have VR,..Blah, Blah, Blah, but I am so glad 1C saw fit to give TFS the source code. With that list of planes(and variants),the possibility to create skins and the ME and flexibility for creators to create content, this is a nice compliment to the IL2 series including TGBS, CLOD and Sands of Tobruk. That is a lot of CBF simming. I may not have to buy any more sims after this as this may last me the rest of my life. Still waiting impatiently! Dammit! winkngrin

One more thing: If this isn't ready by Christmas, I will be hurling rotten vegetables your way!!! cuss

Last edited by Blade_Meister; 06/24/20 04:46 AM.
#4527010 - 06/23/20 06:22 PM Re: New Update - All Confirmed Flyable Desert Aircraft! [Re: ATAG_Pattle]  
bisher Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
bisher  Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Manitoba, Canada
I just watched the vid full screen high definition. Wow looks great, both inside and out, those cockpits look amazing.

Can't wait to fly these aircraft, like Blade_Meister I'm looking forward to flying the plane that begins with Mart wink

The Kittyhawk and Tomahawk look interesting as well.

Love the air intake on one of the spitfires, I forget the variant but it looked butt-kicking. Make a great screenshot in SimHQ's screenshot forum, which I would be willing to do if I was provided a copy of the game. Like early smile

One of my favorite aircraft to fly in flight sims is the 109 so there will be a whole lot of one-oh-nining for me as well smile

#4527018 - 06/23/20 07:53 PM Re: New Update - All Confirmed Flyable Desert Aircraft! [Re: ATAG_Pattle]  
Pooch Offline
Hotshot
Pooch  Offline
Hotshot

Orlando, FL
You mean the Spit five with the big air filter. It may look cool, but it hurt the performance of the engine a lot and caused a great deal of drag, besides. They were really slow compared to other Spitfires. By the way, I'm a tester on this, and yeah, it's looking good.

"From our orbital vantage point, we observe an earth without borders, full of peace, beauty and magnificence, and we pray that humanity as a whole can imagine a borderless world as we see it, and strive to live as one in peace."
Astronaut William C. McCool RIP, January 29, 2003 - Space Shuttle Columbia

#4527020 - 06/23/20 08:17 PM Re: New Update - All Confirmed Flyable Desert Aircraft! [Re: ATAG_Pattle]  
bisher Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
bisher  Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Manitoba, Canada
Ya but it'd look good in a screenshot, the props in Dover are a screen shooters dream. With that air filter I'm looking forward to some great pics smile

You're a tester, eh. That's cool man smile

#4527024 - 06/23/20 08:58 PM Re: New Update - All Confirmed Flyable Desert Aircraft! [Re: ATAG_Pattle]  
Redwolf Offline
Redwolf  Offline

Maple Ridge, B.C., Canada
Wow, that is an amazing list! Really looking forward to seeing what you guys have accomplished for the final product. A great showcase and thanks for that! - this could end up being fantastic! charge

I don't know about anyone else though, but seeing such a great presentation and peak has raised the stakes and created a lot of anxiety as the potential boom or bust levels got that much stronger - I don't know if I am going to be feeling euneirophrenia or malneirophrenia in the end?
I really like the flyable list! And I really really hope it is the former.

Wishing you all the best and stay safe. smile

(*quietly prays for decent AI and a solid SP experience...oh please*)

Win10/ i5-7600/ 16GB RAM/ GTX1660 Super
#4527085 - 06/24/20 03:11 AM Re: New Update - All Confirmed Flyable Desert Aircraft! [Re: ATAG_Pattle]  
ATAG_Pattle Offline
ATAG_Pattle  Offline

Australia
Blade, I was thinking of you when filming the Martlet scenes smile

#4527098 - 06/24/20 05:05 AM Re: New Update - All Confirmed Flyable Desert Aircraft! [Re: ATAG_Pattle]  
Blade_Meister Offline
Blade_Meister  Offline

Atlanta, GA, USA
Originally Posted by ATAG_Pattle
Blade, I was thinking of you when filming the Martlet scenes smile

Ha!Ha! I was eyeing that hand crank in the cockpit shots. Wildcat/Martlet pilots were know to have bigger right arm biceps and forearm muscles from cranking the gears up and down a lot. Do we know if it is going to take like a thousand button pushes to raise or lower the gear like it did in IL2 1946, or will it just be one button push??? I have to agree with Bisher on his cockpit comment. I have always felt CLOD's were the best or at worst tied with DCS's cockpits as the most realistic. That He111 skimming the water(in cockpit view) is just awesome.

S!Blade<><

twoweeks thumbsup banghead twoweeks smash twoweeks pitchafit twoweeks mycomputer twoweeks wacky twoweeks deadhorse twoweeks whenpigsfly twoweeks explode twoweeks twoweeks twoweeks twoweeks partything twoweeks notworthy

#4527127 - 06/24/20 11:35 AM Re: New Update - All Confirmed Flyable Desert Aircraft! [Re: ATAG_Pattle]  
ATAG_Pattle Offline
ATAG_Pattle  Offline

Australia
I was careful not to put the 111 into the drink filming that. Even when I was flying it, I couldnt take my eye away from how good that dawn scene looked smile

#4527162 - 06/24/20 01:29 PM Re: New Update - All Confirmed Flyable Desert Aircraft! [Re: ATAG_Pattle]  
MudPuppy Offline
MudPuppy  Offline

Appalachian foothills in Virgi...
Wow.!Just, wow!

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.