Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 64 1 2 3 4 63 64
#4526432 - 06/20/20 10:52 AM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
archermav Offline
archermav  Offline

Black Country, England.
Witcher 3. No idea what's going on, but I keep plugging away. Next month is Ghosts of Tsushima so that's my PS4 being used again.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4526469 - 06/20/20 03:22 PM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Europa Universalis IV
GTA V
Prey
Elite Dangerous

That's all I've played in the last three months

No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!
#4526471 - 06/20/20 03:33 PM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
KRT_Bong Offline
It's KRT not Kurt
KRT_Bong  Offline
It's KRT not Kurt

Sarasota, Florida
I've got tons but lately in no particular order;
Il-2 BoS
Ghost Recon Breakpoint
World of Warships
PUBG
Wreckfest
and watching DCS load and crash

Windows 10 Pro
Gigabyte 970A DS3P FX
AMD FX6300 Vishera 3.5 Ghz
ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 970 Overclocked 4 GB DDR5
16Gb Patriot Viper 3 RAM DDR3 1866Mhz
Onikuma Gaming Headset (has annoying blue lights I don't use)
#4526524 - 06/20/20 09:25 PM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
JohnnyChemo Offline
JohnnyChemo  Offline

Buffalo, NY
Hearts of Iron IV
Elite Dangerous
DCS (mostly 'Hog and Harrier)
Frostpunk
No Man's Sky
Mechwarrior 5

Those are the ones I've been dabbling in lately.

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.
This is known as "bad luck.”
-Robert Heinlein
#4526534 - 06/20/20 10:02 PM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
VMIalpha454 Offline
VMIalpha454  Offline

Chattanooga, Tn
DCS, several times per week online with my group or working my way through one of Reflected's campaigns.

Project Hospital

Ultimate Admiral: Age of Sail

Company of Heroes (Europe at War Mod)

Was heavily into Mount & Blade Bannerlord, but performance issues kind of led me to shelve it for a while.

"I have only two men out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and a constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold."
1stLt. Clifton B. Cates, USMC
in Belleau Wood, 19 July 1918
#4526574 - 06/21/20 07:16 AM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Timothy Offline
Hotshot
Timothy  Offline
Hotshot

Phoenix - Ft. Carson
About to start playing DCS and IL2, since I finally got a VR headset. Wish I could afford a P6, but not on my income.

I just beat Jedi: Fallen Order. That game was absolutely monstrous to beat. the story was great, but man Story Mode was too easy and Jedi Knight just kicked my butt ever where, like an entire evening to just beat Trilla (each time).

Looking forward to Iron Wolf and a few other VR games. I prefer Star Wars, but really excited about Star Trek Bridge Crew.

Keep Calm and Check Canopy

There are no ex-paratroopers, only ones off jump status

Learn Economics at:
http://www.mises.org
Carthago delenda est
#4526593 - 06/21/20 01:13 PM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
531 Ghost Offline
USMC
531 Ghost  Offline
USMC
Veteran

Elizabeth City NC
As I'm a Mission Observer in the Civil Air Patrol, I'm currently virtually flying a Cessna 172 w/G1000 in XPlane. I typically take off from KECG and practice search patterns using FlyQ on my IPad linked to XPlane.

Originally Posted by Abraham Lincoln
America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

#4526599 - 06/21/20 02:12 PM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Sluggish Controls Offline
Sluggish Controls  Offline

Hong Kong
Silent Hunter V with Wolves of Steel mod
Squad
Post Scriptum
Star Citizen

Just realised I have entirely stopped flying DCS / IL 2 BoS Series / CloD for a good 6 months :-/

Cheers,
Slug

"Major Burns isn't saying much of anything, Sir. I think he's formulating the answer..." - Radar - M*A*S*H
#4526601 - 06/21/20 02:26 PM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Chucky Offline
Veteran
Chucky  Offline
Veteran

UK
I keep all my flight sims updated,I just can't get into playing them right now. I wish it was not so. I'd even reduced my BoX MP time to mouse/keyboard. I realise my man card is in danger of being revoked.

Oh and Happy Birthday Timothy! happy_bday

Last edited by Chucky; 06/21/20 02:26 PM.

EV's are the Devils matchbox.
#4526623 - 06/21/20 04:32 PM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: Timothy]  
James McKenzie-Smith Offline
James McKenzie-Smith  Offline

Vancouver, BC, Canada
Originally Posted by Timothy
I prefer Star Wars, but really excited about Star Trek Bridge Crew.

You have this to look forward to in October, in VR...

https://www.polygon.com/interviews/...rs-squadrons-everything-you-need-to-know

#4526700 - 06/22/20 02:40 AM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Coot Offline
Pilgrim
Coot  Offline
Pilgrim
Veteran

These United States of America
Since i'm running out of time, if anyone has any recommendations from that list, it's greatly appreciated smile

@Vaderini, I don't know all of those games but here's a few thoughts:

I've got Abzu on PC and its a beautiful underwater game, kind of fantasy but with real fish types and seems to be a mostly experiential Zen kind of game. I enjoy it for the atmosphere and relaxation.

I only played a little ICO on PS3 and enjoyed what I played of it but I think its a game that takes some time.

Shadow of the Colossus I played some of on PS3 but would like to get the PS4 remaster. Its a cool game though fighting monolithic bosses to save a princess in a stark but atmospheric world.

I played quite a bit of Beyond 2 Souls on PS3 and enjoyed it. Narrative heavy and interesting, spooky adventure.

As a fan of Mafia 1 and to a lesser degree 2, I'd stay away from 3 though I've not played it. To me what they did to Mafia 3 is not in keeping with the spirit of the first two.

Deadly Premonition I have on PC and have played a little. Its a quirky, interesting, Twin Peaks-esk game. Folks seem to view it as a little gem but it has its quirks and the PC version needs some user made fixes so its likely an experience that would take some patience.

I think I'm close to completing my epic five year play through of Mad Max which is a very good, solid game that deserves an even better sequel.

I'm currently playing Jedi Fallen Order and I'm really enjoying it. The game definitely has some significant bugs and glitches at times which can get frustrating but over all I'm enjoying it and its a solid game. Please don't post spoilers. I only recently finished my second encounter with
the Second Sister and finished Miktrull's tomb

Still working through my first play through of Prey.

I'm trying to get further along on Horizon Zero Dawn.

I finished God of War and enjoyed the story and combat for the most part very much. I don't think I have it in me however to try and beat these pesky Valkeries. I would like to know what happens when you do though.

I finished a third play through of Uncharted 1-3 earlier this year. I'd like to start a second play through of Uncharted 4.

I'd like to eventually play The Order: 1886 for my third time soon. A very good game that absolutely deserves a sequel. Has one of my favorite video game characters in thirty years of gaming. Outstanding thing they created there.

The thing I'm really looking forward to after years of anticipation is Ghosts of Tsushima. That comes out finally next month and I hope it proves to be a stellar game and story and experience. Though I probably ultimately will not, I may play around with their Japanese only voice overs and black and white mode. I'm really excited to see this game.

Last edited by Coot; 06/22/20 02:44 AM.

John 10:1-30
Romans 10:1-13

#4526723 - 06/22/20 07:45 AM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: James McKenzie-Smith]  
Timothy Offline
Hotshot
Timothy  Offline
Hotshot

Phoenix - Ft. Carson
Originally Posted by James McKenzie-Smith
I prefer Star Wars, but really excited about Star Trek Bridge Crew.

You have this to look forward to in October, in VR...

https://www.polygon.com/interviews/...rs-squadrons-everything-you-need-to-know

I just wish they redid the engine and controls for TIE FIghter and that would be amazing. Not sure how EA is going to be. Jedi was good, but Battlefront...I wasted money on. Guess it has improved, but I haven't bothered to try it.

Learn Economics at:
Carthago delenda est
#4526724 - 06/22/20 07:48 AM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: Chucky]  
Timothy Offline
Hotshot
Timothy  Offline
Hotshot

Phoenix - Ft. Carson
Originally Posted by Chucky
I keep all my flight sims updated,I just can't get into playing them right now. I wish it was not so. I'd even reduced my BoX MP time to mouse/keyboard. I realise my man card is in danger of being revoked.

Oh and Happy Birthday Timothy! happy_bday

Thank you! Had dinner at a new Pho place, the chief is new from Vietnam and scratch makes it. So much better than the powder stuff other restaurant usually make. He showed me how he does it and it simmers over night.

Learn Economics at:
Carthago delenda est
#4526726 - 06/22/20 08:23 AM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
WhoCares Offline
WhoCares  Offline

Until like two or three weeks ago I played a lot of World of Tanks.
Since then I played the alpha of Ultimate Admirals: Dreadnoughts. - fairly promising game, though they still have some balance troubles from one patch to the next.

Just yesterday i started playing Elite:Dangerous again, after more than a year of pause. Made some adjustments to the blueprints of the Colonia engineers, which are nowadays ahead in how far you can upgrade certain items. Then I boarded my (t)rusty AspX and set out to a (not exactly straight and fast) trip to SagA*, and then back to the bubble.

Last edited by WhoCares; 06/22/20 08:34 AM.
#4526727 - 06/22/20 08:27 AM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
FourSpeed Offline
FourSpeed  Offline

Phoenix, AZ

Currently: DCS, City of Heroes (MMO), and RoF

Cheers,

#4526738 - 06/22/20 10:39 AM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: archermav]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by archermav
Witcher 3. No idea what's going on, .

Are you referring to the overall plot of the story? I felt the same way when I first started playing the game but the more I read about the lore of the Witcher universe the more it eventually made sense to me.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4526739 - 06/22/20 10:42 AM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: Timothy]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
A

I just beat Jedi: Fallen Order. That game was absolutely monstrous to beat. the story was great, but man Story Mode was too easy and Jedi Knight just kicked my butt ever where, like an entire evening to just beat Trilla (each time).

Yup, same here. At first I thought it was just my reflexes perhaps not being up to snuff anymore but then I read stuff online and it seems MANY players found the game difficult. What did you think of that unexpected appearance of you know who at the underwater facility? wink

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4526749 - 06/22/20 11:48 AM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: WhoCares]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by WhoCares

Just yesterday i started playing Elite:Dangerous again, after more than a year of pause. Made some adjustments to the blueprints of the Colonia engineers, which are nowadays ahead in how far you can upgrade certain items. Then I boarded my (t)rusty AspX and set out to a (not exactly straight and fast) trip to SagA*, and then back to the bubble.

Some big changes to ED within the past year. Fleet Carriers is the major one while the sell value of most minerals that you can extract from deep core mining have all been significantly reduced. The happy days of raking up easy money are mostly over.

#4526752 - 06/22/20 12:07 PM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Chucky Offline
Veteran
Chucky  Offline
Veteran

UK
Elite Dangerous has been my go-to space sim over the years although recently it's been neglected by myself.

Star Citizen made an interesting side-show for a while and others that I tried have failed to grab me,like the X series and the lesser known stuff like Helium Rain and Rogue System (now abandoned).

I'm interested in the new SW game but I need to see what it's going to be before spending any money.

Last edited by Chucky; 06/22/20 12:08 PM.

EV's are the Devils matchbox.
#4526754 - 06/22/20 12:24 PM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: Chucky]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by Chucky
Elite Dangerous has been my go-to space sim over the years although recently it's been neglected by myself.

When I first bought Elite Dangerous I was curious to learn about the developer (Frontier) and I found out that they are based in Cambridge Technology Park which is associated with the University of Cambridge.

I just KNEW the game was made by very smart people! biggrin

Page 2 of 64 1 2 3 4 63 64

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.