Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 46 of 55 1 2 44 45 46 47 48 54 55
#4624727 - 04/14/23 11:03 AM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
Almost done with my second playthrough of Witcher 3. I will repeat and say that this is one of the 3 best RPG's I've ever played.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4624734 - 04/14/23 11:57 AM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: Mr_Blastman]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Originally Posted by Mr_Blastman

Yes you can. I have a button bound on my hotas to do this. I always stay in cockpit view, though. Very immersive. The game is fantastic, they really put some love into this.

Cool, thanks. I think I'll give it a go at some point, but maybe once it's on sale. Thanks for the info Blastman.

No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!
#4624754 - 04/14/23 03:53 PM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Mr_Blastman Offline
Hotshot
Mr_Blastman  Offline
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer
Almost done with my second playthrough of Witcher 3. I will repeat and say that this is one of the 3 best RPG's I've ever played.

Depends I guess on what you're looking for in a RPG. I have never been drawn into Witcher with that urge to keep back and come play, day after day. There simply is not enough interactivity and room for creative thought and play in the game world for me at least, nor flexibility and variation on how you approach things.

However, Bard's Tale IV I would consider way up near the top of RPGs, alongside the Ultima games(including Underworlds), The Dark Heart of Uukrul, Hero's Quest I & II, Wizardry 8, Baldur's Gate II, and perhaps a Might and Magic game at the bottom. Of those the Ultima Underworlds are the only single character(no party) RPGs, and they are action at that.

I wish Witcher 3 was less "follow the markers on the map" and instead "enter an immersive world and watch your adventure unfold as you make choices and create experiences." I can't consider Kingdom Come Deliverance a pure RPG, more of an ARPG, but that might be a modern example of what I am talking about--and one of the finest at that.

#4624755 - 04/14/23 04:03 PM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: Mr_Blastman]  
RossUK Offline
RossUK  Offline

Eastbourne, UK

Depends I guess on what you're looking for in a RPG. I have never been drawn into Witcher with that urge to keep back and come play, day after day. There simply is not enough interactivity and room for creative thought and play in the game world for me at least, nor flexibility and variation on how you approach things.

However, Bard's Tale IV I would consider way up near the top of RPGs, alongside the Ultima games(including Underworlds), The Dark Heart of Uukrul, Hero's Quest I & II, Wizardry 8, Baldur's Gate II, and perhaps a Might and Magic game at the bottom. Of those the Ultima Underworlds are the only single character(no party) RPGs, and they are action at that.

I wish Witcher 3 was less "follow the markers on the map" and instead "enter an immersive world and watch your adventure unfold as you make choices and create experiences." I can't consider Kingdom Come Deliverance a pure RPG, more of an ARPG, but that might be a modern example of what I am talking about--and one of the finest at that.[/quo
[quote=PanzerMeyer]Almost done with my second playthrough of Witcher 3. I will repeat and say that this is one of the 3 best RPG's I've ever played.

I wish Witcher 3 was less "follow the markers on the map" and instead "enter an immersive world and watch your adventure unfold as you make choices and create experiences." I can't consider Kingdom Come Deliverance a pure RPG, more of an ARPG, but that might be a modern example of what I am talking about--and one of the finest at that.

Totally agree with you, KCD is amazing and one of the most atmospheric games I've played in last 5 years. Just wish I could master the combat. Need to reinstall this weekend and try again I think.

#4624757 - 04/14/23 04:16 PM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: Mr_Blastman]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA

Depends I guess on what you're looking for in a RPG.

I'm not a hardcore "old school" RPG player. The very first RPG that I played was Knights of the Old Republic back in 2003 which was well after the glory days of the top down isometric RPG genre.

Last edited by PanzerMeyer; 04/14/23 04:17 PM.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4624758 - 04/14/23 04:23 PM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
It's been a long time since I played KCD, but I really liked it. I join you guys in recommending it.

As to combat, I thought it was the best melee system I've used. It's a little foggy at this distance, but I recall that one of the best approaches for me is to always let the enemy strike first. That opens him up to counter and riposte. I felt like I got good at it over time and this was probably the main reason why. Always counter, never lead.

#4624760 - 04/14/23 05:17 PM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Mr_Blastman Offline
Hotshot
Mr_Blastman  Offline
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA

Depends I guess on what you're looking for in a RPG.

I'm not a hardcore "old school" RPG player. The very first RPG that I played was Knights of the Old Republic back in 2003 which was well after the glory days of the top down isometric RPG genre.

Yeah, oddly KOTOR is another that I can't get drawn into. Very weird. I've tried to start playing a few times now and never carries steam, when it should. I think with Star Wars I expect more action along the lines of Fallen Order, and is so strange ordering someone to shoot with a blaster. I know this should not be an issue, either.

#4624795 - 04/15/23 09:41 AM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Allen Offline
Hotshot
Allen  Offline
Hotshot

Ohio USA
Still messing with Fallout 4 in spare time. I started with 1100hrs already in, per Steam.

140hrs current in-game on "Hard" (per Steam), 68hr in-game on this play (I restarted), 31hrs in Creation Kit. Many more hours in graphics software, etc.

By the way, some of my modifications conspire to make "Hard" combat into "Easy". So, never give me credit for combat set to "Hard". I'm in it for Story and Modding. smile

Sapphire Pulse RX7900XTX, 3 monitors = 23P (1080p) + AORUS FV43U 43"L (4K/2160p) + 23P (1080p), AMD R9-7950X (custom water cooled), 64GB RAM@6.0GHz, Gigabyte X670E AORUS Master AM5 WIFI MB, (4x M.2 SSD + 2xSSD + 2xHD) = 38TB storage, Seasonic 1300W PSU, Rosewill Thor Case, ASUS AC86U router, VKB Gladiator WW2 Stick, Pedals, G.Skill RGB KB, AORUS Thunder M7 Mouse, W11 Pro
#4624930 - 04/17/23 02:41 PM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Has anyone here tried the Dead Space remake besides me? It's really a must-buy for any fan of sci-fi horror.

#4626215 - 05/08/23 05:25 PM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Another month has gone and this is what has been in my rotation

-- Dying Light (2015). Yes Dying Light 2 is out, but having never played any of these zombie games I decided to take a punt on DL1 when it went on sale last month. Ten bucks for the works seemed a good deal and if I didn't like it, not much regret. But it turns out I do like it. Satisfying melee combat, the parkour is easy and fun and the grappling hook makes me feel like Spiderman. Well worth the money I dropped on it.

-- Hitman 3. Freelancer mode is right up my alley. Really enjoy this. I've acquired every weapon and tool now.

-- PGA Tour 2K23. Good golf game, and we have a society/league going at SimHQ which is open to everyone here, so join us. Nice swing mechanics, with choice of methods and very customizable difficulty, so everyone can find their comfort level. The online modes are a bit spotty, but I have fun with it and am involved with a number of different leagues. Single player is pretty strong, with a good tour mode. Add a touch of RPG mechanics with club fittings and player skills and I reckon it's the best golf game I've played, and that goes back to Links 386! I turn off commentary, music and that sort of stuff, but others might like it. If you like golf or just sports games in general it is worth a look. Come smack the ball around with us.

The society (called Duck Hook Divot Diggers Club) allows us to compete with each other, and can be done completely solo, add the others as ghosts, or we can meet up for some head to head matches. We have difficulty settings mostly open to cater to everyone. Hope to see you out on the links! There is a new event every couple of days.

#4626220 - 05/08/23 05:36 PM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Elden Ring - Yup. 620 hours put in and I'm still discovering new things to do! Needless to say, this and Witcher 3 are my top 2 fantasy RPG's of all time.

Fallout 76 - Still giving me lots of joy and new experiences even after 2,500+ hours put into it.

DCS/IL-2/ArmA 3/COH 3 - I play these frequently but only in MP.

Witcher 3 and Dead Space - Nearly done with my second playthrough of these great games.

#4626508 - 05/14/23 10:26 AM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Allen Offline
Hotshot
Allen  Offline
Hotshot

Ohio USA
Still playing Fallout 4 over 250hrs on this play (2 major restarts). Also 50hrs in Creation Kit. Plus many hours in graphics programs, etc.

I used a 4 year old reload to start -- which included my modifications and downloaded modifications from 4 years ago. That was a BIG ERROR. Yesterday the game just "locked" in such a way I cannot play further. Seems that some of the mods conflict in an insurmountable way (for me, at least). Removing them had no effect on the problem.

Thus, I started over yesterday with a "bare clean install" from Steam -- no third party material (mine or theirs). Then, upon loading one mod file, some of my modest mods are not showing up in-game.

Well, I like to solve problems. So, I'll keep "plugging away". smile

Attached Files Screenshot 2023-05-14 061330.jpgScreenshot 2023-05-14 060818.jpg

Sapphire Pulse RX7900XTX, 3 monitors = 23P (1080p) + AORUS FV43U 43"L (4K/2160p) + 23P (1080p), AMD R9-7950X (custom water cooled), 64GB RAM@6.0GHz, Gigabyte X670E AORUS Master AM5 WIFI MB, (4x M.2 SSD + 2xSSD + 2xHD) = 38TB storage, Seasonic 1300W PSU, Rosewill Thor Case, ASUS AC86U router, VKB Gladiator WW2 Stick, Pedals, G.Skill RGB KB, AORUS Thunder M7 Mouse, W11 Pro
#4626545 - 05/15/23 02:44 AM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Never bothered with mods in any of the Fallout games but I use a ton of mods for ArmA 3. I guess it all depends on the game for me.

#4626783 - 05/17/23 08:50 PM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Phoenix54C Offline
I am just a cowboy
Phoenix54C  Offline
I am just a cowboy

Emerald Isle
Halflife 2 at the moment.

About every 3 months i put this game on and play it right to the end,

The immersion of the game and the way they did it was top notch.

Also love city 17 and the way the cops look lol

Even the graphics sill look great for its age.. wave

Last edited by Phoenix54C; 05/17/23 08:51 PM. Reason: mispelling
#4626803 - 05/18/23 08:27 AM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Allen Offline
Hotshot
Allen  Offline
Hotshot

Ohio USA
Never bothered with mods in any of the Fallout games but I use a ton of mods for ArmA 3. I guess it all depends on the game for me.

None of the following detail will mean anything to someone who is not making their own Fallout 4 mods. It has to do with graphics mods -- that involve Materials, Meshes, and Textures.

One very significant issue turned out to be a single line in the "Fallout4.ini" file.

It read: "sResourceDataDirsFinal=STRINGS\"

It should have read "sResourceDataDirsFinal=STRINGS, TEXTURES, MUSIC, SOUND, INTERFACE, MESHES, PROGRAMS, MATERIALS, LODSETTINGS, VIS, MISC, SCRIPTS, SHADERSFX\".

Now, my older graphical mods work as initially intended. And they work better than when I recently used the more "elegant" method of making the " .ba2 files". For example: "zzGodWorkBench - Main.ba2" and "zzGodWorkBench - Textures.ba2" to go with my homemade "zzGodWorkBench.esp" visual/graphics modification.

#4626809 - 05/18/23 10:28 AM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: Phoenix54C]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by Phoenix54C
Halflife 2 at the moment.

About every 3 months i put this game on and play it right to the end,

The immersion of the game and the way they did it was top notch.

Also love city 17 and the way the cops look lol

Even the graphics sill look great for its age.. wave

I really enjoyed HL 2 when I first played it even though I had no clue what was going on with the story since i had not played the original HL at that time. After I played the original HL then things made more sense.

#4627261 - 05/23/23 06:32 AM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
NoFlyBoy Online content
Hotshot
NoFlyBoy  Online Content
Hotshot

I want to play this!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1268750/Starship_Troopers_Extermination/

I want to give my life to serve in the Federal Service to gain my Citizenship so I will earn my right to Vote and Breed.

Would You Like To Know More?

#4627269 - 05/23/23 10:29 AM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
If the game has a good Cooperative MP mode I may try it out.

#4627278 - 05/23/23 12:27 PM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
NoFlyBoy Online content
Hotshot
NoFlyBoy  Online Content
Hotshot

Starship Troopers: Extermination is a 16 player co-op FPS .

#4627280 - 05/23/23 12:29 PM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: NoFlyBoy]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by NoFlyBoy
Starship Troopers: Extermination is a 16 player co-op FPS .

Excellent. I'll add it to my wish list in Steam.

Page 46 of 55 1 2 44 45 46 47 48 54 55

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
This is almost like the Holodeck
by NoFlyBoy. 10/04/23 03:13 AM
Hey Panzer!
by Chucky. 10/03/23 01:01 PM
30th Anniversary of the Battle of Mogadishu
by bones. 10/03/23 12:16 PM
Your game of the year vote so far?
by PanzerMeyer. 10/02/23 05:09 PM
Tech support
by KraziKanuK. 10/02/23 06:35 AM
Anyone here a vet or friends with one?
by Mr_Blastman. 09/30/23 10:59 PM
is microsoft trying to kill hotmail ?
by Blade_RJ. 09/28/23 03:40 PM
September 28th, 1987
by NoFlyBoy. 09/28/23 12:34 PM
Sir Michael Gambon was 82
by F4UDash4. 09/28/23 12:32 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.