Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#4525479 - 06/14/20 06:13 PM DCS must get a lot of hate mail  
KRT_Bong Offline
It's KRT not Kurt
KRT_Bong  Offline
It's KRT not Kurt

Sarasota, Florida
They did it again. They released a patch that breaks the game, I can play single player but joining a server, it freezes on the plane selection screen and then Blue Screen every single time. I even reinstalled the game. No mods or anything extra, BSOD trying to play online WTF ED?

Windows 10 Pro
Gigabyte 970A DS3P FX
AMD FX6300 Vishera 3.5 Ghz
ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 970 Overclocked 4 GB DDR5
16Gb Patriot Viper 3 RAM DDR3 1866Mhz
Onikuma Gaming Headset (has annoying blue lights I don't use)
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4525492 - 06/14/20 07:06 PM Re: DCS must get a lot of hate mail [Re: KRT_Bong]  
Taxman Offline
Taxman  Offline

Portland, OR USA
That's about it. DCS can screw things up, I have been trying to install the P-47 since June 4. Purchased through the start up years ago as well as some others, and they have been able to install the P-47. For some reason when I go the module screen and try to install the P-47 and click on install it starts for a second then kicks me out right to desk top no error log no nothing.
Been working with the support team since then but still no go. The support even sent me a batch file to use and that would not even work, and yes I tried all of their suggestions. What a FC.

Taxes are my part time profession, flying is my passion.
#4525512 - 06/14/20 10:22 PM Re: DCS must get a lot of hate mail [Re: KRT_Bong]  
Taxman Offline
Taxman  Offline

Portland, OR USA
BTW I ordered the Channel map and tried to install it, shows in my module listing stating ready install, but as I posted about the P-47 same problems. This is indeed an issue with DCS not on my end as the support team keeps alluding too.

#4525540 - 06/15/20 01:58 AM Re: DCS must get a lot of hate mail [Re: KRT_Bong]  
KRT_Bong Offline
It's KRT not Kurt
KRT_Bong  Offline
It's KRT not Kurt

Sarasota, Florida
I googled DCS World crash after update rofl goes back years

Windows 10 Pro
Gigabyte 970A DS3P FX
#4525582 - 06/15/20 11:35 AM Re: DCS must get a lot of hate mail [Re: KRT_Bong]  
rollnloop. Offline
rollnloop.  Offline

France
Their internal quality control is non existent.

YOU are their quality control.

Tehy'll fix it..... someday.

#4525655 - 06/15/20 09:09 PM Re: DCS must get a lot of hate mail [Re: Taxman]  
Chaos Offline
Chaos  Offline

Originally Posted by Taxman
That's about it. DCS can screw things up, I have been trying to install the P-47 since June 4. Purchased through the start up years ago as well as some others, and they have been able to install the P-47..

Unless I completely misunderstand your problem...

Installing P-47 as a backer of the "WW2 Europe 1944" is a little different from the usual (within DCS) process. Go to the Digital Combat Simulation website and login with your credentials. Go to your profile page and there you can find a link, on the left side, specifically for the "1944 backers". Do not attempt to install it from within the game.

Just run a repair on your DCS install and start the process all over again...

"It's not the years honey, it's the mileage..."
#4525674 - 06/16/20 12:53 AM Re: DCS must get a lot of hate mail [Re: KRT_Bong]  
KRT_Bong Offline
It's KRT not Kurt
KRT_Bong  Offline
It's KRT not Kurt

Sarasota, Florida
I'm sorry but that is effd up

Windows 10 Pro
Gigabyte 970A DS3P FX
#4525680 - 06/16/20 01:29 AM Re: DCS must get a lot of hate mail [Re: KRT_Bong]  
Pooch Offline
Hotshot
Pooch  Offline
Hotshot

Orlando, FL
"Installing P-47 as a backer of the "WW2 Europe 1944" is a little different from the usual (within DCS) process. "

Yeah, must be that. I had no trouble installing it. It's a terrific model. It's the first sim P-47 that I haven't been disappointed in. First one to do the airplane justice.

"From our orbital vantage point, we observe an earth without borders, full of peace, beauty and magnificence, and we pray that humanity as a whole can imagine a borderless world as we see it, and strive to live as one in peace."
Astronaut William C. McCool RIP, January 29, 2003 - Space Shuttle Columbia

#4525683 - 06/16/20 02:05 AM Re: DCS must get a lot of hate mail [Re: KRT_Bong]  
Pooch Offline
Hotshot
Pooch  Offline
Hotshot

Orlando, FL
"They did it again. They released a patch that breaks the game, I can play single player but joining a server, it freezes on the plane selection screen and then Blue Screen every single time. I even reinstalled the game. No mods or anything extra, BSOD trying to play online WTF ED?"

I just went into multi-player to see what was broken. Got on to three servers with my Harrier and A-10C. Couldn't get onto others because of passwords and "PURE CLIENT IS REQUIRED." I must have mods that I don't even remember putting in. But, I flew on three without a problem. And one that I couldn't log onto had 26 people on it. So it seems that the problem is at your end.

"From our orbital vantage point, we observe an earth without borders, full of peace, beauty and magnificence, and we pray that humanity as a whole can imagine a borderless world as we see it, and strive to live as one in peace."

#4525803 - 06/16/20 07:23 PM Re: DCS must get a lot of hate mail [Re: Chaos]  
Taxman Offline
Taxman  Offline

Portland, OR USA
Originally Posted by Chaos
Originally Posted by Taxman
That's about it. DCS can screw things up, I have been trying to install the P-47 since June 4. Purchased through the start up years ago as well as some others, and they have been able to install the P-47..

Unless I completely misunderstand your problem...

Installing P-47 as a backer of the "WW2 Europe 1944" is a little different from the usual (within DCS) process. Go to the Digital Combat Simulation website and login with your credentials. Go to your profile page and there you can find a link, on the left side, specifically for the "1944 backers". Do not attempt to install it from within the game.

Just run a repair on your DCS install and start the process all over again...

I might try that but I don't think that is the problem. I purchased the Channel map and have the same issue as with the P-47. I will say that DCS support team has been working with me on this but so far no go.

#4526045 - 06/18/20 12:55 AM Re: DCS must get a lot of hate mail [Re: KRT_Bong]  
VMIalpha454 Offline
VMIalpha454  Offline

Chattanooga, Tn
No problems here, and I fly DCS all the time. They did jack the lighting up a bit but that has been mostly fixed by now.

I have the P-47 and Channel map, no issues.

Last edited by VMIalpha454; 06/18/20 12:55 AM. Reason: Added that I bought P-47 and Channel map, as well.

"I have only two men out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and a constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold."
1stLt. Clifton B. Cates, USMC
in Belleau Wood, 19 July 1918
#4526140 - 06/18/20 12:43 PM Re: DCS must get a lot of hate mail [Re: KRT_Bong]  
Pooch Offline
Hotshot
Pooch  Offline
Hotshot

Orlando, FL
It really irks me when someone goes on about how a game sucks, that the devs don't know what they're doing and start with the, "This game is broken!"
If thousands are playing it with no problems, the game isn't broken. YOUR game is broken. DCS runs flawlessly for me. I have had no trouble installing any modules, ever. I've had no trouble getting on line with it.
DCS is, probably, one of the most ambitious flight sim projects, ever. No combat flight simulator has ever tackled military airplanes in such a detailed manner. What they are attempting to accomplish isn't easy, and it's why it takes five years for an airplane to be released. I'd be surprised if there weren't any issues. I've had very few in the years I've been running it.
Noone wants to give them credit for what they are doing right. But they'll be a army of posts saying how much they such because someone noticed that a building is in the wrong place on a map, somewhere.

#4526160 - 06/18/20 02:34 PM Re: DCS must get a lot of hate mail [Re: Pooch]  
KRT_Bong Offline
It's KRT not Kurt
KRT_Bong  Offline
It's KRT not Kurt

Sarasota, Florida
Originally Posted by Pooch
It really irks me when someone goes on about how a game sucks, that the devs don't know what they're doing and start with the, "This game is broken!"
If thousands are playing it with no problems, the game isn't broken. YOUR game is broken. DCS runs flawlessly for me. I have had no trouble installing any modules, ever. I've had no trouble getting on line with it.
DCS is, probably, one of the most ambitious flight sim projects, ever. No combat flight simulator has ever tackled military airplanes in such a detailed manner. What they are attempting to accomplish isn't easy, and it's why it takes five years for an airplane to be released. I'd be surprised if there weren't any issues. I've had very few in the years I've been running it.
Noone wants to give them credit for what they are doing right. But they'll be a army of posts saying how much they such because someone noticed that a building is in the wrong place on a map, somewhere.

Here's the thing I've been playing since Lock-On (and the map still looks the same but I digress) as the years have gone by I've had to build a better PC to continue to run it. I used to own Black Shark but they didn't make it fit into DCS and it got left behind (got it from Direct2Drive and no longer have a way to get it back). They went from 32 to 64 bit and I had to buy a new OS, I've gone up 3 CPU's and MB's just to run flight sims particularly this one I was able to run DCS in Multiplayer just fine, I raised my RAM to 16 Gb and I have a 4 GB vid card on the way so I should anticipated being able to run it even better but then...2.5.6 just came out and it BSOD's before I can spawn on the field. Single player no problem I flew the Mustang for an hour no issues no stutters 50-60 fps. but online fuhget it. So I went searching through all the posts about crashing, my Blue Screens were often about Kernel Stack Page errors Virtual Page Errors so following someones guide I changed my Virtual Memory cleaned space in the drive and tried again. I got into a server and eventually was able to actually pick a plane start it taxi and take off, great fps, no stutters, then BAM! BSOD System Exception. I have run Malware scans and done everything I can think of and I have titles that are far more graphically intense with way more stuff happening on screen than DCS and not a single one has ever caused a Blue Screen in fact I've never had one except in DCS so someone tell me how it's all on my end? And yes I've reinstalled it, twice.

Last edited by KRT_Bong; 06/18/20 02:36 PM.

Windows 10 Pro
Gigabyte 970A DS3P FX
#4526168 - 06/18/20 03:23 PM Re: DCS must get a lot of hate mail [Re: KRT_Bong]  
theOden Offline
theOden  Offline

Kurt, you really should put DCS on the history garbagepile and focus on BMS and IL2.
ED will never change.
Well, maybe to the worse.
I consider all my DCS dollars gone.

(see what I did there?)

#4526170 - 06/18/20 03:46 PM Re: DCS must get a lot of hate mail [Re: KRT_Bong]  
Taxman Offline
Taxman  Offline

Portland, OR USA
Well here is my new take on DCS. I had problems with the P-47 (part of my backer package) and I also bought the Channel map. Neither one would load so for the last 2 weeks I've been working with their support team and all is now shorted out. What had happened is that an old exe. some how was left over and would prevent the P-47 or the Channel map from loading.
So they where very helpful to me.
BTW this is not DCS issue it was an issue with my computer.

#4526225 - 06/18/20 09:31 PM Re: DCS must get a lot of hate mail [Re: KRT_Bong]  
Pooch Offline
Hotshot
Pooch  Offline
Hotshot

Orlando, FL
Had a feeling, Taxman. Didn't think it was the sim, didn't see anyon else having the problem. You will LIKE the P-47. It's never been done better. I'm looking forward to the skins coming out. I want to see lots of 56th Fighter Group Jugs. I've imagined flying out of England with the 56th so much that I feel as though I've really done it.

#4526234 - 06/18/20 09:57 PM Re: DCS must get a lot of hate mail [Re: KRT_Bong]  
bisher Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
bisher  Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Manitoba, Canada
Yes the thunderbolt is going to be fun

The audio of the P 47 alone is worth the price of a peanut butter sandwich. Wow!

#4526255 - 06/19/20 04:19 AM Re: DCS must get a lot of hate mail [Re: KRT_Bong]  
KRT_Bong Offline
It's KRT not Kurt
KRT_Bong  Offline
It's KRT not Kurt

Sarasota, Florida
What really annoys me is someone who has no problems comes to a thread where someone is having problems and says "well, I have no problem it must be your fault" I want to fly a simulated aircraft, flip the switches and do what a real pilot does and to do it online. FSX has issues and always has but while systems are modeled it doesn't even look half real. But I shouldn't #%&*$# because someone else doesn't have my problem, my take is stay out of it then, congratulations and goodbye.

Windows 10 Pro
Gigabyte 970A DS3P FX
#4526354 - 06/19/20 06:46 PM Re: DCS must get a lot of hate mail [Re: KRT_Bong]  
Force10 Offline
I'm just a
Force10  Offline
I'm just a

CA
Originally Posted by KRT_Bong
What really annoys me is someone who has no problems comes to a thread where someone is having problems and says "well, I have no problem it must be your fault"

Here's a pic of the DCS Bug reporting forum "Game crashing" subsection. This is just a snapshot of the the 19 days of June so far. Clearly...these folks don't know what they're doing since we have reports of others running the sim flawlessly since it's inception. wink

[Linked Image]

Attached Files DCScrash.jpg
Last edited by Force10; 06/19/20 06:48 PM.

Asus Z87 Sabertooth motherboard
Windows 7 64 bit Home edition
Intel I5 4670K @ 4.4 ghz
16 gig 1866mhz Corsair Vengence Pro memory
EVGA GTX 970 Superclocked 4gb Video Card
Intel 510 series 120gb SSD (boot drive)
Samsung 840 1TB SSD
Onboard Realtek sound

Oddball from Kelly's Heroes: "If we're late, it's cause we're dead"

#4526356 - 06/19/20 06:52 PM Re: DCS must get a lot of hate mail [Re: KRT_Bong]  
bisher Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
bisher  Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Manitoba, Canada
Yup. She's a complicated #%&*$#

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.