Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4524239 - 06/07/20 02:38 PM Using WOTR assets  
Ekaton Offline
Ekaton  Offline

Serving in RNAS 5 seems a bit unrealistic without bombing German ships and ports. If I’m not mistaken, assets for these already exist in WOTR - perhaps they could be moved to WOFF and add some more realism to coastal operations?

#4524366 - 06/08/20 10:43 AM Re: Using WOTR assets [Re: Ekaton]  
Maeran Offline
Maeran  Offline

UK
I was waiting to see if anyone who knows more in this would answer. In the meantime, it is certainly possible to bring shipping assets into WOFF. Both games are based on CFS3, which had shipping in it.

If my hazy memory is correct, earlier versions of WOFF (OFF phase 2 I think) still had ships in it. OBD removed them for some reason. If there was some issue that caused them to take the ships out then that might be resolved now, since there are ships in WOTR.

#4524369 - 06/08/20 10:48 AM Re: Using WOTR assets [Re: Maeran]  
Ekaton Offline
Ekaton  Offline

Originally Posted by Maeran
I was waiting to see if anyone who knows more in this would answer. In the meantime, it is certainly possible to bring shipping assets into WOFF. Both games are based on CFS3, which had shipping in it.

If my hazy memory is correct, earlier versions of WOFF (OFF phase 2 I think) still had ships in it. OBD removed them for some reason. If there was some issue that caused them to take the ships out then that might be resolved now, since there are ships in WOTR.

That was my thought process exactly, as both games have the same engine, assets should be more or less interchangeable.

It is possible that WOTR assets represent WWII-era ships, and as such are not accurate - if that’s the case, they shouldn’t be added to WOFF. If, however, they’re reasonably accurate, they would definitely be a welcome addition. Even without special missions added to them - I sometimes adjust recon missions to include long patrols just off the Belgian coast, imagining that my observer notes all the ships, their positions etc. No special missions needed smile

#4524396 - 06/08/20 12:45 PM Re: Using WOTR assets [Re: Ekaton]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man
RAF_Louvert  Offline
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man

L'Etoile du Nord

Ekaton, the "ships" folder is already in WOFF so for now it would simply require special missions to be built that would make use of them and allow you to spot them and/or bomb them. I am hopeful we may see them added into a future WOFF update as I too would love to have the added immersion factor during those coastal patrols and North Sea Zep and Gotha intercept flights.

Cheers!

Lou

[Linked Image]

Three RFC Brass Hats were strolling down a street in London. Two walked into a bar, the third one ducked.

Former Cold War Warrior, USAF Security Service 1974-1978, E-4, Morse Systems Intercept, England, Europe, and points above.
"pippy-pahpah-pippy pah-pip-pah"

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
They wokefied tomb raider !!
by Blade_RJ. 04/10/24 03:09 PM