Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4523386 - 06/01/20 10:43 AM Wingman Self-Destructing  
BlackThor_06 Offline
BlackThor_06  Offline

Philippines
Hello,

I have returned to simming (as well as a former member of SimHQ forums), and recently restarted playing EECH.

After updating to ver1.16.1, I began to notice my allied helicopter forces dwindling during Skirmish and Campaign scenarios - even if I "left" them on their way back RTB. I decided to personally fly the helo back to base and suddenly heard an explosion - I checked my wingman and he disappeared.

I determined that they were inexplicably self-destructing in mid-air on the return trip; Waypoint W.

I thought perhaps it was something I did in the EECH.ini file or installing the other options in the EECH AllModi nstallers, or even the settings I did in the NVIDIA Control Panel, so I tried I tried several reinstallations and troubleshooting it.

Eventually I tried a reinstall and just installed both AllMods 1.16.0 and ver1.16.1 with no changes to EECH.ini nor EECH AllMod NVIDIA, but the problem remains.

Here is a YouTube video I uploaded that would show the self-destructing wingman.

Any tips to identify and resolve the problem would be appreciated. smile

Thanks!

BT6
#4523388 - 06/01/20 10:58 AM Re: Wingman Self-Destructing [Re: BlackThor_06]  
thealx Offline
thealx  Offline

Since 1.16.1 AI helicopters consume fuel. When one of the group members low on fuel, mission aborted and everyone return to base.
If fuel amount became zero - helicopter being destroyed with explosion effect (AI hard landing will be added soon).
If you are leader and ignore mission abort - that is pretty possible situation. When you are planning to fly much longer than scheduled by mission route - you have to increase amount of fuel for each helicopter manually in Payload section.

So first thing you can check - how much fuel AI helicopter had before explosion (you need savefile for that).
If it's the reason, check how long it was in the air - maybe something wrong with consumption calculation.
If it's not the case, maybe you can provide savefile, so I can check it in debug mode.

#4523491 - 06/02/20 10:16 AM Re: Wingman Self-Destructing [Re: BlackThor_06]  
BlackThor_06 Offline
BlackThor_06  Offline

Philippines
Hi thealx,

I see, so it means that the possible problem was my Wingmen ran out of fuel and they crashed? I always re-route to other waypoints after accomplishing the misson, so I think that was a factor why my wingmen runs out of gas,

I guess I misread the ver1.16.1 release notes, I thought that the update had included AI helicopters would not consume fuel, but I guess the fuel consumption for AI wingmen was added, LOL.

Will try a short mission this week to see if that was the "problem" and I will give feedback.

I appreciate the help, thank you! BTW are you the same fellow who commented on my Youtube video with the same advice? If you were, thanks as well and my apologies for not answering, since I misunderstood the patch updates.

Thanks! smile

BT6
#4523494 - 06/02/20 10:20 AM Re: Wingman Self-Destructing [Re: BlackThor_06]  
thealx Offline
thealx  Offline

Thanks for report, this feature was just added, so I will revise how it may work safely.

yeah, it was me.

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Headphones
by RossUK. 04/24/24 03:48 PM
Skymaster down.
by Mr_Blastman. 04/24/24 03:28 PM
The Old Breed and the Costs of War
by wormfood. 04/24/24 01:39 PM
Actors portraying British Prime Ministers
by Tarnsman. 04/24/24 01:11 AM
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.