Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#4503584 - 01/13/20 10:49 AM HBO Westworld returns March 15th with Season 3.  
NoFlyBoy Offline
Hotshot
NoFlyBoy  Offline
Hotshot

What is this?

Where's Dolores?

I watched Season 1 and Season 2 three times each and still don't get most of it.

Now they are going to make it more complicated and confusing!!

Also why they have to include the current political climate into it?

I just want to enjoy a TV series or a movie and get away from the real world while watching it without having SJW, agendas and politics being thrown in my face.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4503588 - 01/13/20 11:32 AM Re: HBO Westworld returns March 15th with Season 3. [Re: NoFlyBoy]  
PanzerMeyer Online centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Online Centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
Thanks for the update on the release date. I'm a big fan of the show so I have several observations/comments on this:

1. Dolores will be in season 3 for sure. She is simply out in the human "real world" now instead of the Delos Park so that alone will greatly change the dynamic of her character.

2. The viewer ratings dropped significantly during season 2 and I think that was mostly due to two factors: Season 2 coming out almost 1.5 years after season 1 and the multiple timelines which confused many viewers. Season 3 will be airing almost 2 years after the end of season 2 so I'm afraid that many of the viewers from season 2 won't be coming back. If that indeed turns out to be true then we won't have a season 4.

3. Lisa Joy and Jonathan Nolan are both VERY much political activists so it's unavoidable that current politics will seep into the show. Let's keep it at that because I don't want this thread to go to PWEC.

Last edited by PanzerMeyer; 01/13/20 02:07 PM.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4503610 - 01/13/20 01:56 PM Re: HBO Westworld returns March 15th with Season 3. [Re: NoFlyBoy]  
NoFlyBoy Offline
Hotshot
NoFlyBoy  Offline
Hotshot

Yes, I do remember the end of S2 where we saw a glimpse of the real world.

A change of location will be nice.

I was getting tired of the Western motif.

Yes the multiple timelines in Season 2 was a bit too much.

You had to pay attention to what Dolores is wearing to distinguish one timeline from another.

POSSIBLE SPOILER AHEAD:

so this is my understanding after watching Season 2:

Dolores created Bernard and all the characters in the park and not Bernard that created Dolores and all the characters in the park?

#4503615 - 01/13/20 02:10 PM Re: HBO Westworld returns March 15th with Season 3. [Re: NoFlyBoy]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by NoFlyBoy

I was getting tired of the Western motif.

Well at least we got a glimpse of "India World" in one episode and a couple of episodes heavily featured "Samurai World".

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4522895 - 05/29/20 07:53 AM Re: HBO Westworld returns March 15th with Season 3. [Re: NoFlyBoy]  
NoFlyBoy Offline
Hotshot
NoFlyBoy  Offline
Hotshot

Just watched season 3 finale of Westworld. If you know who is not coming back next season, I won't be watching it. It feels like the writers spent 7 episodes building up this one character and at the end, don't know what really they should do with it and took the easy way out. Wasted time watching 7 episodes to get this cop out. If you don't know what a cop out is, here you go:

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/WriterCopOut

#4522902 - 05/29/20 10:49 AM Re: HBO Westworld returns March 15th with Season 3. [Re: NoFlyBoy]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Just watched season 3 finale of Westworld. If you know who is not coming back next season, I won't be watching it. It feels like the writers spent 7 episodes building up this one character and at the end, don't know what really they should do with it and took the easy way out. Wasted time watching 7 episodes to get this cop out. If you don't know what a cop out is, here you go:

All I can say is that at least you gave the season a shot instead of just dismissing it outright. Having said that, season 3 was very much a major reinvention for the series and whenever something major like that happens, some of the fans will embrace it and some fans will reject it.

HBO renewed WW for season 4 based on the very strong streaming numbers so it seems that most of the fans didn't mind the reinvention in season 3. The first episode of season 3 was streamed by over 10 million unique accounts.

#4599301 - 05/10/22 10:05 PM Re: HBO Westworld returns March 15th with Season 3. [Re: NoFlyBoy]  
NoFlyBoy Offline
Hotshot
NoFlyBoy  Offline
Hotshot

June 26th!!

Didn't Bernard and the Cowboy die? Is the red hair lady Dolores?

#4599324 - 05/11/22 10:31 AM Re: HBO Westworld returns March 15th with Season 3. [Re: NoFlyBoy]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
June 26th!!

Why don't you watch season 3 and find out?

#4599362 - 05/11/22 04:46 PM Re: HBO Westworld returns March 15th with Season 3. [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
NoFlyBoy Offline
Hotshot
NoFlyBoy  Offline
Hotshot

Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer
June 26th!!

Why don't you watch season 3 and find out?

I have. Can't remember. Also what that has anything to do with my question is Dolores the red hairy lady in the preview.

Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer

All I can say is that at least you gave the season a shot instead of just dismissing it outright. Having said that, season 3 was very much a major reinvention for the series and whenever something major like that happens, some of the fans will embrace it and some fans will reject it.

HBO renewed WW for season 4 based on the very strong streaming numbers so it seems that most of the fans didn't mind the reinvention in season 3. The first episode of season 3 was streamed by over 10 million unique accounts.

#4599366 - 05/11/22 05:03 PM Re: HBO Westworld returns March 15th with Season 3. [Re: NoFlyBoy]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA

I have. Can't remember.

If you can't remember then that's a different issue then. In the season 3 finale the Delores construct that we knew of which existed since the pilot episode was "erased" from existence by the French creator of Rehoboam. However, there was still the alternate version of Delores which existed in the body of Charlotte Hale so in essence "Delores" still exists in other variants and that is what we will see more of in season 4.

#4602226 - 06/22/22 04:53 PM Re: HBO Westworld returns March 15th with Season 3. [Re: NoFlyBoy]  
NoFlyBoy Offline
Hotshot
NoFlyBoy  Offline
Hotshot

Reminder Westworld 4 begins Sunday and ends August 14th

This is helpful https://gizmodo.com/westworld-season-four-dolores-meave-caleb-man-in-black-1849077221

Dolores is now Christina?? Who is Christina??

#4602231 - 06/22/22 05:28 PM Re: HBO Westworld returns March 15th with Season 3. [Re: NoFlyBoy]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
If you paid attention during the first 3 seasons of the show you would know who she is. She’s a major character. You act as if you have interest in this show but yet don’t know basic things about it.

I’ll be watching the season 4 opener Sunday night and will then post my spoiler free review here.

#4602234 - 06/22/22 05:42 PM Re: HBO Westworld returns March 15th with Season 3. [Re: NoFlyBoy]  
NoFlyBoy Offline
Hotshot
NoFlyBoy  Offline
Hotshot

I know she is a major character. She is Dolores. How is she Christina now?

#4602365 - 06/25/22 07:49 AM Re: HBO Westworld returns March 15th with Season 3. [Re: NoFlyBoy]  
NoFlyBoy Offline
Hotshot
NoFlyBoy  Offline
Hotshot

She sings incredible. Maybe she really is a bot. (if you don't want to watch the interview, forward to 6 minutes)

#4602366 - 06/25/22 09:17 AM Re: HBO Westworld returns March 15th with Season 3. [Re: NoFlyBoy]  
McGonigle Online cool
Motorius Emeritus
McGonigle  Online Cool
Motorius Emeritus

Copenhagen, Denmark
I think I'll give this a miss. I've given up trying to make sense of it. Didn't enjoy the gratuitous violence of season 1, season two was the fragmented and damaged harddisk that was Bernards brain, season three was taking control of the World Brain (I think), and I don't know who's who and can't be bothered to find out.

Jens C. Lindblad

Sent from my Desktop
#4602367 - 06/25/22 10:06 AM Re: HBO Westworld returns March 15th with Season 3. [Re: McGonigle]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by McGonigle
I think I'll give this a miss. I've given up trying to make sense of it. Didn't enjoy the gratuitous violence of season 1, season two was the fragmented and damaged harddisk that was Bernards brain, season three was taking control of the World Brain (I think), and I don't know who's who and can't be bothered to find out.

Hey at least you gave the series plenty of time before you decided to drop it. Ultimately it just seems the series wasn’t your cup of tea and that’s absolutely fine. I’ve given up on a couple of shows in the past because I kept thinking they would turn into something I would like. I will say that one major thing that hurt the series was the very long hiatuses between seasons. You really can’t expect most viewers to stay on top of what is going on with a heavily serialized story when they have to wait 2 years for the new season.

#4602450 - 06/27/22 03:17 AM Re: HBO Westworld returns March 15th with Season 3. [Re: NoFlyBoy]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
I don't know if anyone else here saw the season 4 opener tonight but here's my spoiler-free review:

The show has reinvented itself again it seems with putting familiar characters in very unfamiliar circumstances. Don't try to find any answers or try to fully comprehend what is going on because this episode is 100% set-up for what will happen later in the season. If you have been watching the show since season 1 and you have a fairly good grasp of where the story left off at the end of season 3 then by all means, I highly recommend you watch season 4. If you are one of those who maybe watched the first season but then drifted away sometime during season 2 or 3 then quite honestly I don't recommend season 4 because you will be completely lost and frustrated!

Having said all of that, The producers of the series (Joy and Nolan) are absolutely fearless when it comes to making major creative changes in their story-telling. Even with these major changes though, you can clearly see a parallel between "Christina's" life and the life of Dolores during season 1. For clarification, "Christina" is played by Evan Rachel Wood but that's all I'm divulging right now. smile

#4602454 - 06/27/22 04:53 AM Re: HBO Westworld returns March 15th with Season 3. [Re: NoFlyBoy]  
NoFlyBoy Offline
Hotshot
NoFlyBoy  Offline
Hotshot

We just sat down to view tonight's episode.

#4602463 - 06/27/22 10:46 AM Re: HBO Westworld returns March 15th with Season 3. [Re: NoFlyBoy]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
We just sat down to view tonight's episode.

I'll be curious to read your take on the episode.

#4602627 - 06/29/22 11:56 PM Re: HBO Westworld returns March 15th with Season 3. [Re: NoFlyBoy]  
NoFlyBoy Offline
Hotshot
NoFlyBoy  Offline
Hotshot

I ain't feeling the love with this season. But I will give it another go.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.