Hop To
Page 70 of 77 1 2 68 69 70 71 72 76 77
#4522026 - 05/23/20 12:08 AM Re: WOFF UE Screenshots ***** [Re: Polovski]  
Hellshade Offline
Hellshade
Hellshade  Offline
Hellshade

Florida
Got inspired by the Nieuport pics so trying my hand at the N23s. Those fragile lower wings are scary to dogfight with.

Attached Files N23-1.jpgN23-2.jpgN23-3.jpgN23-4.jpgN23-5.jpg

Flying Wings Over Flanders Fields: Between Heaven & Hell II
videos at www.youtube.com/hellshade68

#4522032 - 05/23/20 12:56 AM Re: WOFF UE Screenshots [Re: Polovski]  
Hellshade Offline
Hellshade
Hellshade  Offline
Hellshade

Florida
Bounced by a Hun from above. Wingmen noticed him before I did. Tricky little #%&*$# too.

#4522034 - 05/23/20 01:04 AM Re: WOFF UE Screenshots [Re: Adger]  
mandrews Offline
mandrews  Offline

South Carolina
Originally Posted by Adger
Try this MAndrews see if it helps pal...go into workshops and then onto the key bindings..left click on the zoom in and out and it should show a advanced option ..click up twice until it shows 2 and that should give you smoother zoom thumbsup And great stuff Hellshade.

Advanced button? Advanced button. Advanced button!! Why have I not noticed the advanced button before? duh

Thanks Adger

Last edited by mandrews; 05/23/20 01:07 AM.

i7-7700 @ 3.6GHz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSD (OS) + SSD (Games), GTX 1070 Ti, Acer Predator Z35p 3440x1440 GSync
#4522041 - 05/23/20 02:28 AM Re: WOFF UE Screenshots [Re: Polovski]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

@Hellshade what a great scrap that was he nearly took you with him in the end aswell, he certainly fought for his life mate

@Mandrews very welcome pal i hope it helps you cheers

Thomas Muller Mission 12... 28th Dec 1916 Frescaty airfield in the Verdun region..8:25 am

My transfer came thru and i left Jasta 15 and joined up at Jasta 17 I met with my new Jasta who were full of spirits but largely inexperienced and they were slightly in awe of my 2 kills. I was more in awe of the Zep that was in the shed on the airfield..It was a sight to see
We had a mission from the Kommandant to patrol an area just over the frontlines, it was another cold morning and we had cloud at 4000ft, there wasn't really anything of note and we saw no enemy it's a very tricky airfield to land at and if there's no more missions today im definitely going to practice some circuits and landings..still im in better spirits than a few days ago and im itching for some action hopefully very soon.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.
#4522066 - 05/23/20 09:07 AM Re: WOFF UE Screenshots [Re: Polovski]  
Albert Tross Offline
Flight Sim Nut
Albert Tross  Offline
Flight Sim Nut

UK
Some great shots there guys. Adger I'm happy your transfer came through thumbsup

Here's some pics from my mission yesterday evening. The fact the German machine's are so visible against the backdrop of the forest made me think that so are we in our pale Nupes! So I borrowed Redford Mullock's paint scheme and adapted it.

Flying with the sun behind me I spotted a pair of enemy two seaters down below. I zoomed down as fast as my Nupe would allow and despatched one with my first pass.....which was nice. The second took a couple of passes, but went down far more theatrically cool

Attached Files nupe2.jpgnupe3.jpgnupe4.jpgnupe5.jpg

"A great deal of an aeroplane could be holed without affecting its ability to fly. Wings and fuselage could be—and often were—pierced in 50 places, missing the occupants by inches (blissfully unaware of how close it had come until they returned to base). Then the sailmaker would carefully cover each hole with a square inch of Irish linen frayed at the edges and with a brushful of dope make our aircraft 'serviceable' again within an hour."
#4522087 - 05/23/20 02:09 PM Re: WOFF UE Screenshots [Re: Polovski]  
Hellshade Offline
Hellshade
Hellshade  Offline
Hellshade

Florida
Awesome screenshots! I am always amazed by the color palette and how organic OBD makes the world feel. Adger, that last shot is fantastic.

In my extended weekend quest to fly planes I'm absolutely terrible at, I figured I give a few spins in the Fokker DR1. So I joined up with the Huns and while flying Balloon defense in our DR1s, we get bounced by a flight of British Tripehounds. It's a battle of the triple deckers! The DR1 is nimble but not a very stable gun platform due to the plane being so twitchy. I have a really hard time staying lined up for clear shots it in. Anyway, I was on the tail of one, apparently novice, Tripehound when two more fell in line behind me, changing the situation drastically. I don't know who they were but unfortunately for me those two weren't novices behind the stick.

Last edited by Hellshade; 05/23/20 02:41 PM.

#4522093 - 05/23/20 02:35 PM Re: WOFF UE Screenshots [Re: Polovski]  
Hellshade Offline
Hellshade
Hellshade  Offline
Hellshade

Florida
Much too close for comfort. A Bristol F.2b rear gunner sending a round right past my head. Different angles of the same instant it happened. I was trying to chase him away from my airfield and he wasn't having it. We both fought to the bitter end. I got him but just barely. My plane was so wrecked I emergency landed on my field in the wrong direction, as close to the tents as possible to keep out of the way of the rest of my flight landing. These pics were at the tail end, obviously. Video of the rather vigorous engagement in a bit.

Attached Files TCFC-01.jpgTCFC-002.jpgTCFC-003.jpgTCFC-004.jpgAD-001.jpgAD-002.jpgAD-003.jpg
Last edited by Hellshade; 05/23/20 02:42 PM.

#4522095 - 05/23/20 02:38 PM Re: WOFF UE Screenshots [Re: Polovski]  
Hellshade Offline
Hellshade
Hellshade  Offline
Hellshade

Florida
Here you go. Man those Bristol's are vicious lot. Being able to fire at you from almost any direction with that rear gunner coupled with speed superiority and a sturdy air frame. Those boys are no joke.

#4522099 - 05/23/20 02:49 PM Re: WOFF UE Screenshots [Re: Polovski]  
HarryH Offline
HarryH  Offline

Fantastic video Hellshade. You sure can fly!

System: i5 8600K @ 3.6GHz,16GB DDR4 @2666MHz. RTX2080, MSI Z370 mobo, Dell 27" G-SYNC @ 144Hz. 2560x1440

#4522108 - 05/23/20 04:17 PM Re: WOFF UE Screenshots [Re: Hellshade]  
BuckeyeBob Offline
BuckeyeBob  Offline

Ohio, USA
Originally Posted by Hellshade
My TrackIR kinda went wonky a few times whenever I tried looking to the left, but other than that this was a beautiful flight. Right to the bitter end, LOL

WOFF looks absolutely beautiful on your machine, Hellshade. What got you in the end, the flak or flying through the balloon fireball? Or did you just bleed out?

“With Major Lawrence, mercy is a passion. With me it is merely good manners. You may judge which motive is the more reliable.”
#4522109 - 05/23/20 04:19 PM Re: WOFF UE Screenshots [Re: BuckeyeBob]  
Hellshade Offline
Hellshade
Hellshade  Offline
Hellshade

Florida
Originally Posted by BuckeyeBob
My TrackIR kinda went wonky a few times whenever I tried looking to the left, but other than that this was a beautiful flight. Right to the bitter end, LOL

WOFF looks absolutely beautiful on your machine, Hellshade. What got you in the end, the flak or flying through the balloon fireball? Or did you just bleed out?

Thanks. I think the Archie injured me and then I just bled out, Might have taken more flying through the fireball. Either way I should have cut for home the moment the Archie hit me.

#4522112 - 05/23/20 04:47 PM Re: WOFF UE Screenshots [Re: Polovski]  
BuckeyeBob Offline
BuckeyeBob  Offline

Ohio, USA
Oldhat's Archie looked quite deadly. Did you also have AA set to difficult in Workshop? At that setting, flying straight and level is not the way to go!

“With Major Lawrence, mercy is a passion. With me it is merely good manners. You may judge which motive is the more reliable.”
#4522154 - 05/23/20 10:39 PM Re: WOFF UE Screenshots [Re: BuckeyeBob]  
Hellshade Offline
Hellshade
Hellshade  Offline
Hellshade

Florida
Originally Posted by BuckeyeBob
Oldhat's Archie looked quite deadly. Did you also have AA set to difficult in Workshop? At that setting, flying straight and level is not the way to go!

I have no one to blame but myself. wink

New to the Alb DIII. Mixed it up in a campaign furball with some more Sopwith Tripes (I keep running into those guys!). Seems like a good, solid, all around fighter for when it was introduced.

#4522161 - 05/24/20 12:14 AM Re: WOFF UE Screenshots [Re: Polovski]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

@Hellshade great stuff as always,your shooting skills are simply brilliant.

@Albert your sure racking those kills up mate, be careful if you go down in your kite..with that camouflage your own lads il never find you biggrin

We will remember them.
#4522278 - 05/25/20 09:24 AM Re: WOFF UE Screenshots [Re: Polovski]  
Albert Tross Offline
Flight Sim Nut
Albert Tross  Offline
Flight Sim Nut

UK
Thanks Adger, I'm doing pretty well, but it's normally around this time that I do something daft or find the bullet with my name on and it all comes to an end.

You're right there I don't fancy anyone's chances in some of the forest around here, to quote a line from a famous film.... ar15..... lawncareby20mm it makes Cambodia look like Kansas.

Here's some more from my latest mission. The weather's taken a severe turn for the worst but apparently there's been a 'marked increase in enemy air activity' so we have to go up.

After a while flying around St Die I spot a couple of enemy kites through all the murk (thanks again to their anti-camoflage camoflage biggrin )

They both end up crashing down into the forest.

Attached Files nuperain1.jpgnuperain2.jpgnuperain3.jpgnuperain4.jpgnuperain6.jpg
Last edited by Albert Tross; 05/25/20 09:40 AM.

"A great deal of an aeroplane could be holed without affecting its ability to fly. Wings and fuselage could be—and often were—pierced in 50 places, missing the occupants by inches (blissfully unaware of how close it had come until they returned to base). Then the sailmaker would carefully cover each hole with a square inch of Irish linen frayed at the edges and with a brushful of dope make our aircraft 'serviceable' again within an hour."
#4522336 - 05/25/20 07:54 PM Re: WOFF UE Screenshots [Re: Polovski]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

Albert haha good old Jesse Ventura in predator, the weather does look pretty bad, great shots mate..stick an F4 or A6 intruder in those pics and you’d be mistaken for being in Vietnam, great stuff pal

We will remember them.
#4522434 - 05/26/20 03:14 PM Re: WOFF UE Screenshots [Re: Polovski]  
Albert Tross Offline
Flight Sim Nut
Albert Tross  Offline
Flight Sim Nut

UK
Thankfully the weather has improved in Alsace. A few quiet missions later and we are again patrolling around St Die. I spot a couple of aircraft ahead. They look like Parasols, we're getting pretty close to each other now......hold on...we don't have any Parasol Escadrilles around here!
...and those aircraft are coming straight towards us!

A steep climb avoids the enemy's first pass and gives me height over the two Pfalz scouts. I pick my target as my wingman takes on the other Pfalz. I put a good burst into him and he slows right down. I try to throttle back as well but I'm still too fast and I end up side by side with the Pfalz. As I look across, his engine splutters and then bursts into flames......the last I see of him is as he smashes into the forest below.

I look for my wingman and see he's beaten the other Pfalz who spins down into the trees.

It's a long fly back to our airfield in Fontaine, but a happy one.

Attached Files pfalz1.jpgpfalz2.jpgpfalz3.jpgpfalz4.jpgpfalz5.jpg

#4522839 - 05/28/20 08:40 PM Re: WOFF UE Screenshots [Re: Polovski]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

Love that last shot Albert thumbsup

We will remember them.
#4522892 - 05/29/20 06:34 AM Re: WOFF UE Screenshots [Re: Hellshade]  
jeanba Offline
jeanba  Offline

Got inspired by the Nieuport pics so trying my hand at the N23s. Those fragile lower wings are scary to dogfight with.

With a little experience, it is quite easy to handle it :
No steep dive (cut engine when you dive)
Stop fighting as soon as you are damaged in the wing (usually, as soon as damaged)

Also, the AI does not handle very well "boom and zoom" fighters vs turning fighter.
So when you have a Nieuport 23 against a Albatros, things are quite easy as the Albi easily goes into turning fight.
Even if you chase the Albatros, just fire at it occasionnally at long distance and the plane, instead of using its higher speed to escape, will sooner or later enter a turning fight, and he is obviously doomed.
o

#4522950 - 05/29/20 05:12 PM Re: WOFF UE Screenshots [Re: Polovski]  
VonS Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac
VonS  Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac

@JB and Hellshade, also try an inverted dive with engine idle, if possible, since the top wing is sturdier. I do this sometimes in FE2 but have yet to try it out in a Nieup. in WOFF.

Von S smile2

~ For my various FM/AI/FPS/DM Mods. for First Eagles 2, WoFF, RoF & WoTR, and tips for FlightGear, recommended is to check over my CombatAce profile (https://combatace.com/profile/86760-vons/) and to click on the "About Me" tab while there. ~
Page 70 of 77 1 2 68 69 70 71 72 76 77

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM