Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 45 of 47 1 2 43 44 45 46 47
#4521755 - 05/21/20 01:43 PM Re: The SimHQ Diet and Training Thread - everyone feel free to join [Re: RSColonel_131st]  
MarkG Offline
Veteran
MarkG  Offline
Veteran

The Bayou
That's exactly what I'm talking about, RK. People want quick fixes or think they have to go to extremes and/or get extreme results, which is so often advocated online. And there's really no finish line, which I often forget myself. If you're working to get down to a certain weight or size or fitness level, and you actually achieve it, you may have reached your goal but you haven't crossed a finish line. At best you can slow down a little (and I stress "a little", especially with age), but you're still in a race that you can never stop running. Like keeping the spark in a marriage by never stop courting, ceremonial vows and signed paperwork are not some conclusion. And then you eventually die, but hopefully in old age and with a decent quality of life. smile

Also, mixing vegetables in a blender is nasty, but that's just my opinion. smile A frozen fruit smoothie is good though, especially if it's spiked (just remember 100 cal per 1.5 oz shot).

++++++++++

You can also find lots of this on the internet...

[Linked Image]

...as if you're having to make a choice. Well, here's what I would choose...

I'd take that broccoli and oven roast it with red onion, carrot pieces and even cabbage and/or brussel sprouts, because oven roasting with olive or avocado oil makes just about any vegetable taste freaking delicious (or stir fry in a wok for even tastier results).

Then I'd choose *one* donut and split it with my other half, putting the other four in the fridge and repeating over the next four days (after a few seconds in the microwave).

++++++++++

And then I look at this pic...

[Linked Image]

...and think that the bacon, cheese and even the chicken (without skin or adding Ranch dressing) don't belong in this group. Just remove the bread, processed meats (bugger patty is probably fine) and leave the potatoes in a more natural state (preferably your own sweet potato fries). Or just eat this stuff occasionally and in moderation, some exercising will help burn off the rare splurge.

Attached Files high-fat-diet-1-650x433.jpg317122_1100.jpg

The rusty wire that holds the cork that keeps the anger in
Gives way and suddenly it’s day again
The sun is in the east
Even though the day is done
Two suns in the sunset, hmph
Could be the human race is run
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4521776 - 05/21/20 04:04 PM Re: The SimHQ Diet and Training Thread - everyone feel free to join [Re: RSColonel_131st]  
Raw Kryptonite Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Raw Kryptonite  Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran

MS
I'm a believer in a cheat meal (not day) so if you want to scarf that down on Sat night, go for it. One loaded meal won't break the bank.
That said, I need to solidify my good habits! Cut the pasta, pizza needs to go, not even as a cheat meal. I haven't been as careful with salt as I should. My blood pressure is still good, but I don't want to slip on that or cholesterol.

·Steam: Raw Kryptonite ·MWO & Elite Dangerous: Defcon Won ·Meager youtube channel
·Intel i5-9600K ·EVGA GTX1070 FTW 8GB ·EVGA CLC 120 Cooler
·16 GB Patriot Memory VIPER 4 3000MHz ·GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO WiFi Mobo
· CORSAIR CARBIDE AIR 540 case ·BenQ BL3200PT monitor
#4545585 - 11/20/20 12:56 PM Re: The SimHQ Diet and Training Thread - everyone feel free to join [Re: RSColonel_131st]  
Marshton Offline
Marshton  Offline

Boston
My favorite food is one that doesn't hurt my body and doesn't give me bad influence on my health. In general, I am into the keto diet now and that helps me a lot to keep in balance my body. I wanted to start a long time ago but didn't have enough time and force to do it. After a while, I decided that it is time to begin and I found the best keto diet calculator that helped me a lot to start a keto diet and brings me a lot of commodities and advantages. Did someone here try it?

Last edited by Marshton; 11/20/20 04:11 PM.
#4545586 - 11/20/20 12:58 PM Re: The SimHQ Diet and Training Thread - everyone feel free to join [Re: RSColonel_131st]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
Welcome aboard Marshton. Do you happen to be a Red Sox fan?

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4549543 - 12/23/20 05:12 PM Re: The SimHQ Diet and Training Thread - everyone feel free to join [Re: RSColonel_131st]  
oldgrognard Offline
Administrator
oldgrognard  Offline
Administrator
Lifer

USA
Marshton, please respond to my post so I know you are not a Bot

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Someday your life will flash in front of your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
#4549546 - 12/23/20 05:49 PM Re: The SimHQ Diet and Training Thread - everyone feel free to join [Re: RSColonel_131st]  
Herman Online content
Herman  Online Content

"Last edited by Marshton; November 20, 2020 09:11. "

I did not think that bots can edit their own messages.

ScenShare Guidelines :

1) Enjoy creating it
2) Enjoy playing it
3) Enjoy sharing it

The PlayersDB - The Harpoon community's #1 choice

Harpoon3 Frequently Asked Questions
#4549547 - 12/23/20 05:51 PM Re: The SimHQ Diet and Training Thread - everyone feel free to join [Re: Herman]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by Herman
"Last edited by Marshton; November 20, 2020 09:11. "

I did not think that bots can edit their own messages.

True but you don't need to be a bot to be a spammer.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4549548 - 12/23/20 05:51 PM Re: The SimHQ Diet and Training Thread - everyone feel free to join [Re: RSColonel_131st]  
NoFlyBoy Offline
Hotshot
NoFlyBoy  Offline
Hotshot

I try to eat less meat and less sugar and less deli sandwich meat. Yesterday I had 2 plain baked potato and a salad with canola oil and balsamic vinegar.

[Linked Image]
#4549549 - 12/23/20 06:01 PM Re: The SimHQ Diet and Training Thread - everyone feel free to join [Re: RSColonel_131st]  
Herman Online content
Herman  Online Content

That seems a bit bland and almost torturous for my palate. smile

What's wrong with deli sandwich meat? I know about the nitrites and try to stick primarily to turkey, roast beef, and chicken.

ScenShare Guidelines :

1) Enjoy creating it
2) Enjoy playing it
3) Enjoy sharing it

The PlayersDB - The Harpoon community's #1 choice

Harpoon3 Frequently Asked Questions
#4549550 - 12/23/20 06:10 PM Re: The SimHQ Diet and Training Thread - everyone feel free to join [Re: Herman]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by Herman
That seems a bit bland and almost torturous for my palate. smile

Eh, I'm sure it's just fine for those wo are used to eating English food all the time.

Last edited by PanzerMeyer; 12/23/20 06:10 PM.

#4549565 - 12/23/20 10:02 PM Re: The SimHQ Diet and Training Thread - everyone feel free to join [Re: RSColonel_131st]  
NoFlyBoy Offline
Hotshot
NoFlyBoy  Offline
Hotshot

I love sandwiches and sandwich meat but Doctor told me it's processed meat and not good. Sausages are same thing. I love links and bratwursts.

#4575047 - 07/21/21 11:17 PM Re: The SimHQ Diet and Training Thread - everyone feel free to join [Re: RSColonel_131st]  
MarkG Offline
Veteran
MarkG  Offline
Veteran

The Bayou
A new edition to my 'Mickey Mouse' gym just arrived via UPS, some assembly required...

[Linked Image]

Link:
Exerpeutic Folding Magnetic Upright Exercise Bike with Pulse, 31.0' L x 19.0' W x 46.0' H (1200)

Actually bought the same model from Costco, but with a smaller thicker seat (#1 complaint with the Amazon version)...
Exerpeutic Upright Folding Bike with Airsoft Seat

I should know better than this. Can a ~$150.00 stationary bike be anything but a piece of crap waste of money? My gut says "no," but the many reviews on Amazon and Costco claim it's a great bargain. Time will tell if I've been suckered.

Mainly for my wife anyway; the rain has been havoc on our daily outdoor walking and she's getting bored with the treadmill. Plus this one is portable enough to plop in front of the living room TV on Sundays. Me...with the right tunes rattling the rocks in my skull I could never get bored. tuner I'm going to try it though.

EDIT: I need a rower next.

Attached Files EB.JPG

The sun is in the east
#4575055 - 07/22/21 12:19 AM Re: The SimHQ Diet and Training Thread - everyone feel free to join [Re: MarkG]  
Allen Offline
Hotshot
Allen  Offline
Hotshot

Ohio USA
Originally Posted by MarkG
this one is portable enough to plop in front of the living room TV on Sundays.

FWIW: Our bike is in front of a TV -- that makes it work for us. My wife spends 30 minutes every so often -- likes watching the Tennis channel among other things. I'm trying to get my time back up to 40+ minutes by watching a TV series (on DVDs) -- only half way there.

Sapphire Pulse RX7900XTX, 3 monitors = 23P (1080p) + SAMSUNG 32" Odyssey Neo G7 1000R curve (4K/2160p) + 23P (1080p), AMD R9-7950X (ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 420), 64GB RAM@6.0GHz, Gigabyte X670E AORUS MASTER MB, (4x M.2 SSD + 2xSSD + 2xHD) = ~52TB storage, EVGA 1600W PSU, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower, ASUS RT-AX89X 6000Mbps WiFi router, VKB Gladiator WW2 Stick, Pedals, G.Skill RGB KB, AORUS Thunder M7 Mouse, W11 Pro
#4575058 - 07/22/21 12:54 AM Re: The SimHQ Diet and Training Thread - everyone feel free to join [Re: RSColonel_131st]  
carrick58 Offline
Hotshot
carrick58  Offline
Hotshot

I agree about processed meats However Life without Pizza

Attached Files 56Tk  NO NO.gif
#4575072 - 07/22/21 05:01 AM Re: The SimHQ Diet and Training Thread - everyone feel free to join [Re: RSColonel_131st]  
MarkG Offline
Veteran
MarkG  Offline
Veteran

The Bayou
^ Recently lost our Mellow Mushroom; bring back Godfather's!

++++++++++

<Disclaimer: My (our) initial impressions after an hour of use...still may be a piece of junk with a short lifespan.>

But Wow!

Very sturdy, solid and smooth, also whisper quiet. Heavier than it looks, but folds nicely with transport wheels built into the front stabilizer (clever). The smaller flywheel design as part of the pedal assembly feels more substantial than expected. Also really like the magnetic tension with click knob (some cheap bikes use felt pads for friction). Nothing about it feels cheap and flimsy to me, although I'm sure a Peloton feels like a Mercedes Bentley by comparison. smile

Only negative is that *I* can't use it: although the seat height is easily adjustable, on assembly you have to hard bolt the seat to the flat surface of the post using 1 of 2 sets of holes, either for 5'1" to 5'6" or 5'7" to 6'3". We're 5'4.5" and 5'9". No biggie; I'd rather it last longer from less use and adjustment anyway (single user). So it's all set up for her, including pedal straps. And since I won't be using it, we're going to permanently keep it in the living room so she can watch TV. It's very easy to move and store if needed.

So *if* it lasts for at least a couple of years or so (while staying as smooth and quiet), I'll consider it a bargain.

++++++++++

Allen, nice idea. While I'm not much of a TV person, I still like to revisit some of my History Channel collection (old pic)...

Attached Files DSCF1965.JPG

The sun is in the east
#4575089 - 07/22/21 01:48 PM Re: The SimHQ Diet and Training Thread - everyone feel free to join [Re: MarkG]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA

Wow, Godfather's Pizza. I'm pretty sure the last time I ate at one was in 1985.

#4575323 - 07/24/21 11:15 PM Re: The SimHQ Diet and Training Thread - everyone feel free to join [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
MarkG Offline
Veteran
MarkG  Offline
Veteran

The Bayou
Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer

Wow, Godfather's Pizza. I'm pretty sure the last time I ate at one was in 1985.

Me too, maybe '86 or '87. I don't remember a Godfather's in Atlanta, just a Mellow Mushroom and Upper Crust.

++++++++++

Wife loves her stationary bicycle so far. As the reviews point out, this isn't made for super-heavy training so she might outgrow it before it eventually fails (although we haven't outgrown our modest gym yet).

On a recent Cardiology checkup she was told that her age is now becoming a real factor (53). Her father (same ectomorphic body type...naturally very skinny) died at age 32 of a heart attack in 1970, and she's now outlived him by 20 years. It's all broad estimates by the Cardiologist, given that her father was a heavy smoker (she never smoked), had more serious heart issues (she has a murmur and leaky valve...both mild and common), both *very* moderate drinkers (~6 evenings a year for wife, never more than a little tipsy), and she has an overall healthier lifestyle than her father had (diet and exercise). But the estimated lifestyle/milder condition cushion years are now ending, at least that's how I understood it.

So her doctor's recommendation is to regularly exercise hard enough to break a good sweat. Apparently the best way to know your heart health (besides regular echocardiograms and nuclear dye treadmill testing) is to consistently push yourself while noting any unusual fatigue or shortness of breath. And we haven't been pushing too hard lately in this heat...daily speed walking at best (no running) around the track. Same with treadmill when necessary, maybe a little jogging when the feeling hits, but we're not at our best right now. So we'll see how this exercise bike fits into her cardio. The pulse feature at least seems more accurate than our NordicTrack treadmill.

The sun is in the east
#4575333 - 07/25/21 12:37 AM Re: The SimHQ Diet and Training Thread - everyone feel free to join [Re: Marshton]  
Allen Offline
Hotshot
Allen  Offline
Hotshot

Ohio USA
Originally Posted by Marshton
My favorite food is one that doesn't hurt my body and doesn't give me bad influence on my health. In general, I am into the keto diet now and that helps me a lot to keep in balance my body. I wanted to start a long time ago but didn't have enough time and force to do it. After a while, I decided that it is time to begin and I found the best keto diet calculator that helped me a lot to start a keto diet and brings me a lot of commodities and advantages. Did someone here try it?

FWIW: I've been on a keto diet most of the time for the last 40 years. Due to illness (low platelets not caused by diet), I had to go pure-Vegan for 2 years about 15 years ago (raised my platelets above the fatal level).

Currently I'm fairly solid keto because I gained weight last year by not being keto enough. I/m losing and weighed 143 this morning -- 135 is ideal for me at 5'7".

What I believe: For me, keto means lots of good proteins (0.7gm per pound of body weight daily), good fats (e.g. fish oil) and carbohydrate as low as 25 grams a day in special situations -- but 1/3 of calories from carbohydrate is okay (much less if dieting). Fresh vegetables are fine. Just always avoid added Sugar and Flour products -- sugar and flour digest too quickly -- cause glucose spikes -- the body reacts -- over decades all that contributes to most health issues (e.g. obesity, type two diabetes, Dementia, and many more).

Scans show my body is in good shape internally.

After all those years and how healthy I am compared to friends my age, "I believe". Haven't tried the calculator you mention.

Just sharing with a fellow keto follower smile

Sapphire Pulse RX7900XTX, 3 monitors = 23P (1080p) + SAMSUNG 32" Odyssey Neo G7 1000R curve (4K/2160p) + 23P (1080p), AMD R9-7950X (ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 420), 64GB RAM@6.0GHz, Gigabyte X670E AORUS MASTER MB, (4x M.2 SSD + 2xSSD + 2xHD) = ~52TB storage, EVGA 1600W PSU, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower, ASUS RT-AX89X 6000Mbps WiFi router, VKB Gladiator WW2 Stick, Pedals, G.Skill RGB KB, AORUS Thunder M7 Mouse, W11 Pro
#4575418 - 07/26/21 01:41 AM Re: The SimHQ Diet and Training Thread - everyone feel free to join [Re: RSColonel_131st]  
MarkG Offline
Veteran
MarkG  Offline
Veteran

The Bayou
That's a mighty slim BMI you're sporting there Allen (like my older brother and sister. I'm the portly one who's always struggled). smile

I'm just hoping that by doing my best with my health, along with some incredible upcoming breakthroughs in modern medicine, that I'll live long enough to experience the 80's again (coming back around in 60 years). Fat chance, eh? biggrin

Queen - Who Wants To Live Forever (Official Video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Jtpf8N5IDE

The sun is in the east
#4575420 - 07/26/21 02:55 AM Re: The SimHQ Diet and Training Thread - everyone feel free to join [Re: RSColonel_131st]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
It was quite prophetic for Freddy to sing that song.

Page 45 of 47 1 2 43 44 45 46 47

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.