DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
New week, new rewards

But meh

https://gtaforums.com/topic/955333-triple-rewards-in-hunting-pack-and-daily-objective-gta1m-bonus/

Nothing in it for me really, other than a 1 million bonus for completing 10 daily objectives between now and May 27th. Might be worth a go, depending on what the objectives are.

Free Firework Launcher and Firework Ammo. Didn't even know this existed. Might be worth it since it's free and I like fireworks smile

The half-track is on the podium, Kamacho still not on sale.

Sale on hangars, bit I've got one of those.

No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4521774 - 05/21/20 03:53 PM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
Chucky Offline
Veteran
Chucky  Offline
Veteran

UK
I decided to take advantage of Epic Game's offer and pick this up for $0. I was interested in the online portion of the game but after failing to even complete the first mission (get the drugs) I feel this game is not for a gentleman of my age. The driving is horrible with the keyboard so I dusted off my X-Box controller, that at least made it bearable but I can't do the FPS stuff with a controller so I'm swapping between the 2 like a demented loon.

It looks heaps of fun though biggrin

EV's are the Devils matchbox.
#4521775 - 05/21/20 04:02 PM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
I'm an old dude and it works fine. Are you in first-person or third?

I use the X Box controller for driving and flying, skydiving and the like, and KB+M for everything on foot.

Stick with it and you'll get accustomed to it I'm sure.

#4521778 - 05/21/20 04:14 PM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
Mr_Blastman Online content
Hotshot
Mr_Blastman  Online Content
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
Power went out the other night and I had a nice little adventure. Started out bland, I jacked a car, took her for a spin, headed up through the hills to a quaint convenience store on a hill. Looked peaceful enough so I mosied on in and shoved my hot piece up beneath the clerk's nose and demanded the money. With trembling hands, the dark brown sod complied, and filled my bag with dirty bills. Small haul, nothing big, maybe 500 bucks but not bad for a smiling gas station on a balmy day. Of course, second I walked out the door that shaking douche behind the register called the cops and I heard sirens in the distance. I should have iced him. Whatever.

In the car I jumped, tires screeching, I burned rubber tracks across the asphalt as I floored it through the mountains and valleys and canyons, dodging flashing metal beasts and saps that got in my way. I hit a few, maybe, ran over some shrubbery, drifted a few turns sideways as we tangoed through the twisties until I lost the last pig when I crested a ridgeline... And there I spied it. A dusty dirt road. Bam! Nailed the power slide and I was off in natural splendor, so I cut the throttle and rolled with the faint crackles and pops of pebbles beneath my tires and came to a halt, hidden in the trees.

I waited.

Stupid cops, they were persistent, but I heard them roll by several times until their sirens grew distant and they were gone. Whew. Only one problem--my car was made. They knew my make and plates and I had to ditch this sled like a hooker with a bad case of crabs, so on foot I went. Not far though. Soon thereafter I stumbled across a mountain bike of all things! A few patsies were milling about babbling of centennial hotties like they were goddesses and they weren't worthy. Stupid beta male kids. Chumps. All of them. So I waved a socially awkward greeting so as not to alert them, moseyed on over to those two rubbers on a frame, and before they could whine like the babies they were I was sailing over a grass crested berm and off into the bushy jungle.

What a downslope!

By the time I made it back into town the sky had cracked and rain had begun to fall. I swerved through puddle slicked streets in the late afternoon sun, glinting golden flecks of fireworks as I made my way home.

Home.

"Honey, I'm home!" Right? Nah. After I stashed my new friend in the garage I noticed two tennis rackets leaning on the wall next to the front door. Cool, coach was there, only when I went inside, guess who I found hopping around like a monkey in animal print speedos on my soiled matrimonial bed? With the missus.

Son of a beeyotch.

But that's a story for another day. Let's just say his... house, his home, his entire world came crashing down around him, later that evening. I survived another run, and didn't do anything stupid. Dough is dough.

Or did I?...

Last edited by Mr_Blastman; 05/21/20 04:20 PM.
#4521780 - 05/21/20 04:27 PM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Drive it like you stole it!

Haha great story. I know just the mission you are talking about. Wrong house is just collateral damage biggrin

On the plus side it leads to the first heist and for Franklin anyway, the first real money.

#4521785 - 05/21/20 05:28 PM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
Chucky Offline
Veteran
Chucky  Offline
Veteran

UK
Originally Posted by DBond
I'm an old dude and it works fine. Are you in first-person or third?

I use the X Box controller for driving and flying, skydiving and the like, and KB+M for everything on foot.

Stick with it and you'll get accustomed to it I'm sure.

1st person for walking,3rd for driving although 1st person in the car looks nice.

I just need to invoke my 'thug life' and I'm sure I'll do fine.

EV's are the Devils matchbox.
#4521786 - 05/21/20 05:31 PM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: Chucky]  
PanzerMeyer Online centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Online Centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by Chucky

I just need to invoke my 'thug life' and I'm sure I'll do fine.

Thugs are called "chavs" where you live right? biggrin

Last edited by PanzerMeyer; 05/21/20 05:31 PM.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4521790 - 05/21/20 05:51 PM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
theOden Offline
theOden  Offline

Haha Blastman, thank you for that write-up - made me laugh a lot.
smile

#4542478 - 10/28/20 11:05 AM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: Chucky]  
Tedt Offline
Tedt  Offline

It does not matter how you play, the most important thing is that you like
it this game is made for fun:) That's what my older brother told me. My brother and I have been playing GTA 5 for 5 years, and we also like to play on the phone when we are out of the house. I go to training and I love Boxing and I don't have much time for games. My brother plays every day and knows all the news about the GTA series of games. lol, look, my brother plays a lot, he even FORGETS that there is me!! he plays all day and forgets to eat.....I think he's crazy. But the game is really cool. I can share the site GTA 5 MOBILE here is information about the mobile APK file with the game GTA on the phone is also available on IOS. thanks to this site, my brother knows about all the latest news. Play - it's always fun and therefore useful:)

Last edited by Tedt; 11/03/20 09:52 PM. Reason: I found smt new
#4542481 - 10/28/20 12:26 PM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
I don't agree, and for me it does matter. Open public servers are a sh!t show most of the time, although there are times when it all aligns and public can be a lot of fun.

GTAO public is mostly ruined by Oppressors, Deluxos, orbital cannons and all of the Jetsons stuff combined with psychopaths and the fact that there are player location dots on the map that act as come shoot me beacons.

Private lobbies are so much better but of course you miss the emergent gameplay and interaction with others. For me the best way to play is with like-minded players in a private lobby.

Public could be transformed by a couple of changes. One, make it a server option to remove all futuristic stuff like flying armed cars and bikes. Two, remove the dots. GTA is best with a gritty street crime vibe using facsimiles of real-world gear, weapons and cars/bikes/planes. The Oppressor is the worst of the lot. I rarely give in to hype and the notion that a single thing 'ruins' a game. But the Oppressor does. It's ridiculous.

A server without these things and without beacons would be awesome and I would play more, especially in public servers.

#4542488 - 10/28/20 01:18 PM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
KRT_Bong Offline
It's KRT not Kurt
KRT_Bong  Offline
It's KRT not Kurt

Sarasota, Florida
Ha ha great after action report lol, yeah the public lobbies are made for griefing. I haven't been on in a while, Racing can be a lot of fun if you can find a few people Planes Boats Cars and a few that include all three, I've made a pile of them. Some can be serious F-1 or GP style while others resemble a Hot Wheels track.

Windows 10 Pro
Gigabyte 970A DS3P FX
AMD FX6300 Vishera 3.5 Ghz
ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 970 Overclocked 4 GB DDR5
16Gb Patriot Viper 3 RAM DDR3 1866Mhz
Onikuma Gaming Headset (has annoying blue lights I don't use)
#4542491 - 10/28/20 01:38 PM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Yeah, I have a great time with the street racing, and helicopter racing too. And skydiving, err racing.

Not a fan of the other types, like the fantasy tracks, and the morph racing or whatever it's called. Full circle to the 'real world facsimiles' thing. I like the GTA stuff that's grounded in reality. Motorcycle point to point is my favorite.

And as I mentioned before in this thread I just love flying helicopters around Los Santos. The flight model is terrible, and I'm using a controller and not the Cougar, but that aside, I love it. Never gets old and sometimes I log in just to have a bash around the city in my Buzzard.

#4548761 - 12/16/20 04:23 PM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Big update dropped yesterday! So out of the loop, had no idea.

https://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/61840/out-now-the-cayo-perico-heist

A lot of new stuff. A new island, a big submarine, new weapons, aircraft and vehicles. new missions and even a new heist. Now normally something like this sub would get a glance from me and nothing more. This isn't how I spend my money in GTAO. But I've heard the associated heist is SOLOABLE!!!

If that's true I just might buy me a sub. Anyone who has read through this thread has seen the anguish I've endured just trying to get three people to want to do heists together. If this new update does indeed allow solo heists, and all it takes is buying a 2 million dollar submarine, well then, maybe I will! Not sure what the payoff it though.

I like the new helo, called the Sparrow. Might have to add one of those to my hangar at LSIA smile

#4548805 - 12/17/20 01:11 AM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
KRT_Bong Offline
It's KRT not Kurt
KRT_Bong  Offline
It's KRT not Kurt

Sarasota, Florida
May just have to go play a bit, I love it when we get snow. I think I already have a one man sub, I got the submersible car..

Windows 10 Pro
Gigabyte 970A DS3P FX
#4548839 - 12/17/20 02:00 PM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Yeah, I'll be giving it a go too soon. I want to check the new stuff out. Seems the payoff for the heist is around 1.1 million, and even though it is doable solo, it's a b!tch to do it that way. Sounds like mass frustration, but I will probably attempt it anyway. I do not want a submarine so hopefully that isn't needed to do the heist but I think it is. Need to learn more. Player reaction to the new update is mixed.

With Cyberpunk now out I'm not sure when I'll get around to it, but my business closes Saturday for a month and I'll be having plenty of gaming time coming up. I do want to try out the Sparrow. Hopefully you can select it in races to give it a test.

#4548898 - 12/18/20 02:18 AM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
KRT_Bong Offline
It's KRT not Kurt
KRT_Bong  Offline
It's KRT not Kurt

Sarasota, Florida
Holy crap!! I can't see getting through it real easy unless I
get some special tools

Windows 10 Pro
Gigabyte 970A DS3P FX
#4548935 - 12/18/20 02:18 PM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
But if we did it together..... biggrin

I've read quite a bit about the new heist. The keys seem to be to do all of the preps, and to not get detected. They say if you get detected it's nearly impossible because of all the aggro that unloads on you, and there is no way to get it back to unalerted state. Many players say that they just kill themselves once the alarm sounds and try again. The payoff is good, but I'll have to see how much effort goes in to the prep work. Might not be worth the hassle, especially solo.

A SimHQ Heist Crew would be great, still holding faint hope. To this day, the first heist is the only one I've done. Oden and I did it together, the details of which are earlier in this thread. I hope to do them all before GTA VI. The window to submit applications remains open smile

Need three professional gangster mf'ers, with their sh!t wired tight to roll some paper, fool!

#4550431 - 01/02/21 02:04 AM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
Mark Aisthorpe Offline
Crazy Courier
Mark Aisthorpe  Offline
Crazy Courier

London UK
Hey DBond, I don't know if you still play GTA V online or not but if you do take a listen to what Muta has to says about it and beware.
I'v been watching him for quite a while and he knows his stuff.
He gets a bit sweary but don't let that put you off what he has to say.

Asus Maximus XI Hero
i9-9900K
32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
Corsair H115i
Corsair RM850X PSU
Phanteks Evolv X
Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
Win 10
#4550602 - 01/03/21 11:33 PM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
My reaction to that is old news. He is right that Rockstar are cheap bastages by not providing dedicated servers despite their riches and putting the burden on the player base with the peer to peer structure, and in effect cultivating a hacker's haven by doing it this way. But it's been this way since the start, which was 2015 on PC. So that's five years. Most players who have been in GTAO for any length of time are well aware of how it works. Not a fan of this dude's style, and it's not the language. But that's neither here nor there. He is right, but none of this is news.

#4585841 - 11/24/21 02:09 PM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
A year's passed since I last fired up GTA 5. But I did it anyway haha.

Man, a lot has been added in that time. I didn't do any of the new content, but I intend to. Instead I fell in to old habits, taking my Akuma out for a bash around Los Santos, getting back in the groove, with West Coast Classics cranked up. Then I ran some Sightseer/Headhunter in my Buzzard.

There are many new vehicles, and I'll need to sort through them to figure out which ones are worth looking at.

A year ago I said I would give the Cayo heist a go solo, but I have yet to even start it. Anyone want to run some heists?

Maybe the most intriguing thing I saw is the Auto Shop business, and I plan to buy one. Actually I was going to buy it yesterday, but thought I'd wait until Thursday for the new week's discounts. Maybe Auto Shops will be featured and I can save 40% or whatever. Longshot, but if it could save a few hundred grand that would be good. If they are not included this week I'll buy one at full boat. Anyone here have an auto shop? Which one did you go for?

It feels like it's been years since I bought a new business. Probably has. But this one seems well suited to me, and it appears it can be a good money maker. The payouts are relatively small, but the time it takes to do them is low, so in the long run I think it could be quite profitable. Much more so than the bunker I bought and never use. Plus you can mod and paint your own cars there. Cost ranges from 1.6m to 1.9m for the five locations.

I have about 7.2m in the bank, so it's affordable.

I own these businesses

Import/Export Warehouse
Gunrunning Bunker
Hangar Smuggling business
CEO Office

I've made a lot of money from the import/export, easily my biggest source of income aside from log-in bonuses. The CEO VIP missions have also paid well, but that's because I do so many of them. They don't pay well per job really. The smuggling business is not a money maker, I got it because I love flying helicopters on this map, and this business unlocks some better pricing for aircraft. I wouldn't recommend it for turning a profit, but it's good if you like having personal aircraft.

I've ignored the nightclub, the crate/cargo business, motorcycle club and arcade. Maybe there are a few more I don't even know about?

Page 13 of 17 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.