Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4520328 - 05/10/20 11:03 AM Re: S.E.5a: Flying Circus [Re: bisher]  
Trooper117 Offline
Hotshot
Trooper117  Offline
Hotshot

UK
Great pic Bish!
If only they would add the earlier war content and more two seaters... sadly, as the dev's are keeping a tight lid on how many copies have sold with FC1, I doubt if anything else is in the pipeline.
Still, what do I know?... it could happen!

#4520376 - 05/10/20 07:50 PM Re: S.E.5a: Flying Circus [Re: bisher]  
Vince H Offline
Vince H  Offline

Columbus, OH by way of Aiken, ...
Very nice bisher!

#4520781 - 05/13/20 07:21 PM Re: S.E.5a: Flying Circus [Re: bisher]  
bisher Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
bisher  Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Manitoba, Canada
Thanks guys.

I agree Trooper it'd be great to see more content

#4521173 - 05/17/20 09:13 AM Re: S.E.5a: Flying Circus [Re: Trooper117]  
dutch Offline
dutch  Offline

EURO-zone
Originally Posted by Trooper117
Great pic Bish!
If only they would add the earlier war content and more two seaters... sadly, as the dev's are keeping a tight lid on how many copies have sold with FC1, I doubt if anything else is in the pipeline.
Still, what do I know?... it could happen!

I’m afraid the whole FC project is ending like an candle in a strong wind. For what suppose to be easy money to swap RoF planes into the BoX engine and polish them with teflon wax is now becoming a troublesome child. I think it would be an better idea; first not to select Yugra media, as reading also lots of negative topics at DCS and simply stay to RoF. Make some 3D cockpits, introduce 4k templates and let VorpX software do its VR job, sell it for €59,- as an ROF VR DLC, including an extra bonus: the Snipe as this plane should somewhere still in somebody’s desk and reintroduce the 2009 Pfalz DXII that did have the Mercedes engine.

But the best would be, kick Yugra media out of this project and ask OBD, as the CFS3 DX8 engine is now totally obsolete.

Last edited by dutch; 05/17/20 09:16 AM.
#4521183 - 05/17/20 11:29 AM Re: S.E.5a: Flying Circus [Re: dutch]  
Blade_Meister Offline
Blade_Meister  Offline

Atlanta, GA, USA
Originally Posted by dutch

I’m afraid the whole FC project is ending like an candle in a strong wind. For what suppose to be easy money to swap RoF planes into the BoX engine and polish them with teflon wax is now becoming a troublesome child. I think it would be an better idea; first not to select Yugra media, as reading also lots of negative topics at DCS and simply stay to RoF. Make some 3D cockpits, introduce 4k templates and let VorpX software do its VR job, sell it for €59,- as an ROF VR DLC, including an extra bonus: the Snipe as this plane should somewhere still in somebody’s desk and reintroduce the 2009 Pfalz DXII that did have the Mercedes engine.

But the best would be, kick Yugra media out of this project and ask OBD, as the CFS3 DX8 engine is now totally obsolete.

All respect to you Dutch, but I wholeheartedly disagree. It is absolutely hilarious to me how the few VR users post this rubbish on the many Flight Sim focused Forums. Not having VR myself, I cannot make any comment about how good or bad it is, but just reading and looking at the sales statistics gives me a pretty good idea of how small a percentage of actual Flight Sim purchasing customers are out their. Dutch, you and other VR users total anywhere from 1%-3% of the total of retail Flight Sim sales, lets just say 5% to be safe. FC may be finished due to poor sales, but we do not know that yet because it has not been publicly stated. How would taking ROF and making it a VR focused FC have helped this situation at all? VR users do not command even near a high enough percentage of potential sales revenue to save any Sim at this point in time. While I can see that VR is probably an awesome addition to Flight Simming, I can also see that what you and many others say about VR Flight simming saving the Flight Sim genre, much less one particular sim(FC) is just not true. If Flight Sim Developers believed what you have just posted, not one of those Developers would even consider making another Flight Sim because they know VR owning customers cannot support them now or any time within the near future and they would go broke. I understand VR users wanting more and better quality content, but the Developers revenue is not coming from your minority. That is the simple Truth. I also disagree with you about Yugra. While I know nothing about there businesses practices, my eyes alone tell me they have produced a graphically and visually stunning product. While the content level and immersion of ROF may not be there, FC is one heck of a lot of fun to use for me. I am not sure how you can be so negative about Yugra just by reading other peoples post about there product on another sim and compare it to FC? Even if FC is finished, I am quite happy to own and fly it. Sorry Dutch, but IMHO I wholeheartedly disagree with what you wrote.
Great pics Bish, I hope to be posting some of my own soon.

S!Blade<><

Last edited by Blade_Meister; 05/17/20 11:30 AM.
#4521347 - 05/18/20 07:00 PM Re: S.E.5a: Flying Circus [Re: bisher]  
dutch Offline
dutch  Offline

EURO-zone
Blade I did not discuss here the VR aspects as an unique selling point that would be a lifesaver on selling, nor my intentions was to burn down FC as an bad game, because FC IS NOT A BAD GAME.
As I did wrote down, I’m only afraid there will be no FC2, as it does not give any indication FC is an big success. So if this is the case and let me clear on this, I DO HOPE NOT, we getting stuck to something that’s unfinished. Now getting the points as my writing down on RoF, would give more satisfied WW1 gamers as we have now. Because I’m sure I’m not the only WW1er who did aspect more, after some did spending $80. (In my case I did receive the max discount).
About the Yugra media results, RoF is now 11y old and after 11y I did aspect something better then this simple swap job from that Russian design buro, and yeah, I’m 100% sure about that OBD was a much better choice then YM?

Last edited by dutch; 05/18/20 07:02 PM.
#4521565 - 05/20/20 03:11 AM Re: S.E.5a: Flying Circus [Re: dutch]  
Blade_Meister Offline
Blade_Meister  Offline

Atlanta, GA, USA
Originally Posted by dutch
Blade I did not discuss here the VR aspects as an unique selling point that would be a lifesaver on selling, nor my intentions was to burn down FC as an bad game, because FC IS NOT A BAD GAME.
As I did wrote down, I’m only afraid there will be no FC2, as it does not give any indication FC is an big success. So if this is the case and let me clear on this, I DO HOPE NOT, we getting stuck to something that’s unfinished. Now getting the points as my writing down on RoF, would give more satisfied WW1 gamers as we have now. Because I’m sure I’m not the only WW1er who did aspect more, after some did spending $80. (In my case I did receive the max discount).
About the Yugra media results, RoF is now 11y old and after 11y I did aspect something better then this simple swap job from that Russian design buro, and yeah, I’m 100% sure about that OBD was a much better choice then YM?

Dutch, Jason told us before FC was even starting development that:
A. FC would be ROF ported over material with slight graphic upgrades and no FM changes. This was stated in the original announcement. You have no reason to expect more. You never should have purchased FC if you did expect more.
B.There would be no Career Mode and no Dev developed missions or Campaigns. The hope was that Pat would adapt PWCG to work with FC, which he did.
Your expectations were unfounded and that is your responsibility to be satisfied with what was Developed and provided. FC is exactly what Jason said it would be, plus some bonus FM changes and DM changes. Everyone who purchased FC has gotten their 80$ worth plus more. You have no room to complain about FC. I think everyone who bought FC wants to see FC2 and more content, but if 1C cannot make money doing it because not enough people will buy it, then that is not their fault. VR support certainly has no bearing on whether FC2 would be more successful and warrant Developing, or the original FC would have been a success because it already has VR support. Sorry Dutch, I know English is a second language for you, and I am not trying to be mean or pushy, but you don't have a leg to stand on with your dissatisfaction concerning FC.
Sorry Bisher, no more comments from me. Here is the pic I promised. winkngrin

Cheers!

S!Blade<><
Running for home after a knife fight in a phone booth!
[Linked Image]

Last edited by Blade_Meister; 05/20/20 03:13 AM.
#4521626 - 05/20/20 04:16 PM Re: S.E.5a: Flying Circus [Re: bisher]  
dutch Offline
dutch  Offline

EURO-zone
Did I wrote down anything about a career mode, NO, so please stop writing down assuming if I did have problems in that absence of the career, VR or whats next “I hate FC” attack
I can only say I do wish OBD had done this swap job.

BTW this was the official announcement on FC on which your remark was based on, only now the complete text, nothing slight as you can read:

Flying Circus - Volume 1 is now available in its fully planned state and all the remaining ground-based equipment of the First World War have been added in our new standard of visual quality. Observation balloons with observers who may leap from their post when under attack are also included now. ]A number of improvements were also made on the map, primarily to the front line. We hope that users who purchase this project will like the step forward in comparison with our previous title Rise of Flight, especially in the visual quality of aircraft and the environment that we, together with our partner Yugra Media, have created for you. Although the flight models generally correspond to the ones from Rise of Flight, many of the improvements that have been made over the past 7 years for Il-2 Sturmovik play a role in Flying Circus as well. Such improvements automatically benefit all projects within the framework of our one common game world and give a new, previously unavailable experience of virtual flight and combat in the First World War. All these new opportunities unfold in their fullest when playing with the use of virtual reality devices. FC includes so many new things - new landscape technology, new lighting and clouds, better sound, new AI and improved ballistics, new graphic effects and new materials for aircraft surfaces, new detailing of textures and models - all this and much more gives the virtual pilots of the First World War something that is not available anywhere else.

Last edited by dutch; 05/20/20 05:11 PM.

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.