Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4520954 - 05/15/20 10:33 AM where can one find the ETO expansionfor CFS3 now?  
Agathosdaimon Offline
Agathosdaimon  Offline

Melbourne, Australia
Hi!

I have recently finally been able to install and run the old BOB addon for CFS3 from just flight and its great, but now i just learned there was a great mod ETO1.50 made for CFS3. I cannot find it anywhere however and the one site supposedly where one can download it is gone so would anyone here know where i could find or would they be able to share it with me?

thank you

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4521114 - 05/16/20 05:13 PM Re: where can one find the ETO expansionfor CFS3 now? [Re: Agathosdaimon]  
baltika Offline
baltika  Offline

Scotland

#4521122 - 05/16/20 06:25 PM Re: where can one find the ETO expansionfor CFS3 now? [Re: Agathosdaimon]  
33lima Offline
33lima  Offline

Belfast, NI
A must-have is the latest (Dec 2019) version of Ankor's DX graphics mod, incorporated in WoFF and WotR but needing installed separately in CFS3 - it's easy to set up and available in the Sim Outhouse 'warbirds library', forum registration being needed for access IIRC:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=161

Have just re-started a Battle of Britain campaign designed for the ETO...

[Linked Image]

...which I'm writing up on the CFS3 forum at Sim Outhouse; the first post includes links for this campaign, if interested.

Good hunting!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[ETO Expansion + Ankor's shaders, quick combat, Bf110s -vs- MS406s near Lille)

Last edited by 33lima; 05/16/20 06:40 PM.

SimHQ Battle of Britain II screenshots thread
CombatAce Mission Reports
"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." (attributed to Marcus Aurelius)

#4521177 - 05/17/20 10:29 AM Re: where can one find the ETO expansionfor CFS3 now? [Re: Agathosdaimon]  
Agathosdaimon Offline
Agathosdaimon  Offline

Melbourne, Australia
wow that looks superb - thanks for the links, yes i ended up finding that thread and have downloaded the eto files

speaking of WOFF - i have been thinking about getting WOTR - especially as i love BoB stuff, is as good as or beter than the ETO BoB?

#4521220 - 05/17/20 06:01 PM Re: where can one find the ETO expansionfor CFS3 now? [Re: Agathosdaimon]  
33lima Offline
33lima  Offline

Belfast, NI
As well as the ETO BoB campaign, there is a separate freeware CFS3 mod for the Battle of Britain, by Pat_Pattle, which is getting an update: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/119482-questions-on-Pat-Pattles-BOB

Being dedicated to the Battle, this is likely better at that in some respects and has its own version of MrJMaint's BoB campaign. However, the ETO has a lot of extra content. So one is deeper, the other is wider, and by using multiple CFS3 installs via Martin Wright's MultiCFS3 utility, you can have both. Pat_Pattle's BoB mod is an awful lot simpler and quicker to install. Both benefit from having detailed and accurate period airfields this being Hawkinge, though its geographical location (in the ETO mod anyway) is some miles out.

[Linked Image]

This is Warmwell, IIRC:

[Linked Image]

Being CFS3 based, they both have its unusual (odd?) semi-wargame dynamic campaign but lack the sort of pilot and squadron career you get in WotR (and WoFF). Of course there are many scripted missions available. Being older, the graphics tend not to be as good as WotR's, cockpits in particular, though with Ankor's mod they are still rather good and the more recent models like the Mk.II Spitfire package are second to none.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by 33lima; 05/17/20 06:09 PM.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." (attributed to Marcus Aurelius)

#4521265 - 05/18/20 08:11 AM Re: where can one find the ETO expansionfor CFS3 now? [Re: 33lima]  
Agathosdaimon Offline
Agathosdaimon  Offline

Melbourne, Australia
great - where could i find that separate freeware Bob you mention? i couldnt access the link you gave, it said teh server is too busy - is that a link to the download of it?

#4521273 - 05/18/20 10:11 AM Re: where can one find the ETO expansionfor CFS3 now? [Re: Agathosdaimon]  
33lima Offline
33lima  Offline

Belfast, NI
That link was to a Sim Outhouse CFS3 forum thread in which plans for the CFS3 BoB mod were recently discussed. This is the separate home site for the CFS3 BoB mod - you can download it from there: https://cfs3bob.wixsite.com/cfs3-bob

The update mentioned there was available for a time but is NYA and is now part of the planned new work.

This is the link to the Sim Outhouse Warbirds Library (=download section) page which includes the latest Ankor mod, which is an absolute must have for CFS3 in any shape or form: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=161

I recommend MajorMagee's suggested edits (in Notepad, to the graphics slider '5' settings in files Compositescenerybudgets.xml and Compositetexturebudgets.xml (in the 'assets' folder, once the mod is applied). This pushes out the terrain texture 'ring' so you don't sometimes see low resolution textures near the horizon, from altitude - https://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/109573-MAW-1943-BETA-Link-Provided/page2

This is the link to MrJMaint's campaign for the CFS3 BoB mod: http://www.mrjmaint.com/cfs3/BoBCampaigns.html

This is the link to the variant of the BoB campaign for the ETO mod, which is the one I am currently playing (with a package of new files by Daiwilletti added): http://www.mrjmaint.com/cfs3/ETOCampaigns.html

This is the thread with the link to Daiwilletti's files: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/119667-New-Package-For-ETO-BoB-Campaign

If you're starting afresh, I would go with the BoB mod first, adding Ankor's shaders and MrJMaint's BoB campaign. If you like the gameplay, and want many more planes and eras from the Spanish Civil War on, go for a separate install with the ETO mod too.

Last edited by 33lima; 05/18/20 10:43 AM.

#4521281 - 05/18/20 11:43 AM Re: where can one find the ETO expansionfor CFS3 now? [Re: Agathosdaimon]  
Agathosdaimon Offline
Agathosdaimon  Offline

Melbourne, Australia
thanks for the run down on the content, its alot to choose from and for someone new to it not knowing where to start can be offputting

#4521285 - 05/18/20 11:55 AM Re: where can one find the ETO expansionfor CFS3 now? [Re: Agathosdaimon]  
Agathosdaimon Offline
Agathosdaimon  Offline

Melbourne, Australia
just looking at the bob website - one of hte reasons i started looked around for the mods and such was that i was looking up cfs3 BOB on youtube and what came up was videos of clearly the non just flights BOB versions and the spitfires in them had the cockpits with the circular working rear view mirrors -are these included in the BOB addons? My CFS3 install (including the Just Flights BoB expansion) does not have cockpits with working rear mirrors, and square also

- update - i am trying to download teh bob freeware addon and mediafire is just not working at all - it might doing a few kilobytes and then it just fails. I was able to download a few gigs from mediafire yesterday for the ETO addon but today, geez - does mediafire throttle one if they get too much from it in some time period>?

Last edited by Agathosdaimon; 05/18/20 12:08 PM.
#4521311 - 05/18/20 02:24 PM Re: where can one find the ETO expansionfor CFS3 now? [Re: Agathosdaimon]  
33lima Offline
33lima  Offline

Belfast, NI
I have downloaded quite a lot from mediafire over the last couple of weeks but usually one item at a time tho often more than one a day, and have never had one dropping outdurig d/l, even a big one. I did notice recently that after a recent ISP change I can no longer access file sharing site 4shared for some Steel Fury mods, the connection just failing at the outset not the download, which I haven't been able to resolve yet.

Mediafire may have limits but I'd have thought they'd have warned you that you'd reached it and had to wait before staring another d/l, rather than just cutting out mid-download.

I suspect ISPs trying to keep up with increased demand on bandwidth may have something to do with it all, but that could be just another conspiracy theory smile

The new Spit II has a functional, rectangular rear view mirror. I'm not totally sure it picks up other aircraft, but I think it might:

[Linked Image]

The ETO & BoB mod Spit Is have this, which has what looks like a painted on view of your tail blocking much of the view. It seems to show variations in lighting to the rear, but I don't think it's really functional.

[Linked Image]

It may be possible to alias the superior Spit II cockpit to the Mk.Is.

The BoB mod's Hurricane has a circular one, only visible in the cockpit view, which is otherwise similar:

[Linked Image]

The same Hurricane (externally) in the ETO mod has no mirror:

[Linked Image]

Last edited by 33lima; 05/18/20 02:27 PM.

#4521401 - 05/19/20 01:57 AM Re: where can one find the ETO expansionfor CFS3 now? [Re: Agathosdaimon]  
Agathosdaimon Offline
Agathosdaimon  Offline

Melbourne, Australia
which of the mods has the new Spitfire 2.? I like having a mirror there, its so much easier to have some modicum of situational awareness. with it

#4521403 - 05/19/20 02:12 AM Re: where can one find the ETO expansionfor CFS3 now? [Re: Agathosdaimon]  
Agathosdaimon Offline
Agathosdaimon  Offline

Melbourne, Australia
if you have that Bob mod install would it be possible for you to file tranfer it to me like with wesendit or some other free file transfer service? i have tried the mediafire link again and now it is just not even working at all.

#4521496 - 05/19/20 05:50 PM Re: where can one find the ETO expansionfor CFS3 now? [Re: Agathosdaimon]  
33lima Offline
33lima  Offline

Belfast, NI
PM sent. The Spitfire II is a self-contained download, available after registration from the Sim Outhouse Warbirds Library, under CFS3 British Aircraft.

#4561769 - 03/29/21 06:22 PM Re: where can one find the ETO expansionfor CFS3 now? [Re: Agathosdaimon]  
RayHoff Offline
RayHoff  Offline

Alberta, Canada
Does this work with a stock game with the v3 and v3.1 patch?

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.