Mr_Blastman  Online Content
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
Guess you don't have kids.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4521172 - 05/17/20 06:10 AM Re: Covid 19 [Re: KRT_Bong]  
NoFlyBoy Offline
NoFlyBoy  Offline

Things will be like this from now. You be at work, restaurant, cinema, market and someone sneezes: [Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
#4521179 - 05/17/20 11:07 AM Re: Covid 19 [Re: KRT_Bong]  
TerribleTwo Offline
Hotshot
TerribleTwo  Offline
Hotshot

Kids being affected by covid is rare. But these videos like the one posted will enforce a misbelief that it's more prevalent than it is.

I guess we could create a video or two about the 174 kids who died from the Flu this season? While Covid is sitting around maybe 10 pediatric deaths?

Anyway, been reading Plague of Corruption by Dr. Judy Mikovitz, which is #1 on Amazon and in the NY Times best seller list, and this is a fantastic read. It is loaded with tons of footnotes to back up much of the information. It does become technical but easy enough to understand if you know a bit about immune systems. I gotta say Judy sounds less and less like a conspiracy theorist. In fact, her claims are starting to make sense. I think she could debate anyone about her claims and come out on top.

If you don't have time to read the book, just watch this interview, start at the :30 minute mark and then watch at least to the 1:20 min mark. She explains a lot and especially about the circumstances around her XMRV study and subsequent studies that allegedly didn't find the virus. It's a whole lot more complex than just looking for a virus and not finding it like the other studies claimed.

Do yourself a favor and take a little time to listen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynCYggioBLc

"College graduates should not have to live out their 20s in their childhood bedrooms, staring up at fading Obama posters and wondering when they can move out and get going with life" - Paul Ryan
#4521185 - 05/17/20 11:43 AM Re: Covid 19 [Re: KRT_Bong]  
mikew Offline
mikew  Offline

UK

#4521206 - 05/17/20 03:42 PM Re: Covid 19 [Re: KRT_Bong]  
Dart Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Dart  Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Lifer

Alabaster, AL USA
I had a conversation with someone who is really embracing the whole "Stay Safe, Stay At Home" total lock down way of doing things, and she got exasperated and said "If it saves just one life it's worth it; it could be a family member that dies needlessly from this" to which I responded "Time to raise the driving age to 21, then."

"Don't be silly."

"If it saves just one life it's worth it. It could be a family member that dies needlessly from a child behind the wheel of a car."

The opinions of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

More dumb stuff at http://www.darts-page.com

From Laser:
"The forum is the place where combat (real time) flight simulator fans come to play turn based strategy combat."
#4521211 - 05/17/20 04:39 PM Re: Covid 19 [Re: KRT_Bong]  
MarkG Offline
Veteran
MarkG  Offline
Veteran

The Bayou
I read that chlorine kills the virus, and since I'm homing in on my 'beach body'...

You got that pool ready for summer yet, Alicatt?

The rusty wire that holds the cork that keeps the anger in
Gives way and suddenly it’s day again
The sun is in the east
Even though the day is done
Two suns in the sunset, hmph
Could be the human race is run
#4521214 - 05/17/20 05:04 PM Re: Covid 19 [Re: KRT_Bong]  
Red2112 Online content
Red2112  Online Content

Airborn

Win10 Pro(x64), i7 8700k @ 4.7Ghz, 32GB ram DDR4, EVGA GTX 1070ti 8GB, M.2 PCIe NVMe (x2) 480GB + 960GB SSD´s, LG 29" Ultrawide 21:9 monitor, Logitech G13 and G502, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pro pedals, TrackIR 5.0, Corsair Void Pro 7.1 USB.
#4521215 - 05/17/20 05:18 PM Re: Covid 19 [Re: KRT_Bong]  
MarkG Offline
Veteran
MarkG  Offline
Veteran

The Bayou
Between my wife getting 'mauled' by neighbor's two large dogs (including a German Shepherd mix) walking back from our mail box, and my father breaking water lines in the yard (a project he should have waited on), I've had to get out twice since this all started. One trip was to our GP (wife needed an examination and tetanus shot) and one trip to Home Depot for plumbing supplies.

The doctor's office was cautious (someone at door to lock/unlock it) but not perfect. All but one person (out of 10) waiting in the lobby were wearing a mask, maybe half the staff were wearing masks, including everyone involved with treating my wife. Home Depot was busy with about half the customers and employees wearing masks.

My mother sewed us (her, father, wife and myself) each a nice washable custom-fitted (strap sizing) mask from a pattern she found online. Watching the local news, people are getting out and about now, but with lots of restrictions like mandatory masks (Costco) and low occupancy in restaurants. We have no need for getting out yet so we don't mind waiting it out.

The sun is in the east
#4521217 - 05/17/20 05:40 PM Re: Covid 19 [Re: Mr_Blastman]  
Nixer Online cool
Scaliwag and Survivor
Nixer  Online Cool
Scaliwag and Survivor
Veteran

Living with the Trees
Originally Posted by Mr_Blastman

Two grown sons and 4 grandsons.

Don't you have a family member in an assisted living/nursing home?

If so, I don't blame you for a pretty one sided view on over caution. I would probably have one also if that was my situation.

"There's a sucker born every minute."
Phineas Taylor Barnum

#4521231 - 05/17/20 07:51 PM Re: Covid 19 [Re: Nixer]  
MarkG Offline
Veteran
MarkG  Offline
Veteran

The Bayou
Originally Posted by Nixer

If so, I don't blame you for a pretty one sided view on over caution. I would probably have one also if that was my situation.

I feel the same way about my parents. Mentally they're doing very well for being in their early 80's. My dad is physically fit but mom has respiratory concerns and half-functioning kidneys (but not on dialysis). They live in a connecting apartment and we see them every day, several times a day, so we're being extra careful ourselves and staying in until they feel comfortable enough to start getting out.

The sun is in the east
#4521232 - 05/17/20 08:18 PM Re: Covid 19 [Re: TerribleTwo]  
KraziKanuK Online content
Hotshot
KraziKanuK  Online Content
Hotshot

Ottawa Canada
Originally Posted by TerribleTwo
Kids being affected by covid is rare. But these videos like the one posted will enforce a misbelief that it's more prevalent than it is.

I guess we could create a video or two about the 174 kids who died from the Flu this season? While Covid is sitting around maybe 10 pediatric deaths?

What is the breakdown from the ~200 variants of the flu virus?

At one time there was only 63 cases in the USA.

With new variation it only appears to effect Caucasian children.

There was only 16 squadrons of RAF fighters that used 100 octane during the BoB.
The Fw190A could not fly with the outer cannon removed.
There was no Fw190A-8s flying with the JGs in 1945.
#4521244 - 05/17/20 11:27 PM Re: Covid 19 [Re: Nixer]  
Mr_Blastman Online content
Hotshot
Mr_Blastman  Online Content
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
Originally Posted by Nixer

I have a 42 year old wife who is permanently disabled and immunocompromised with ME/CFS, plus a mother in law with a major heart defect, and I had heart surgery a decade ago, so yeah, we have reasons to be a little concerned.

Last edited by Mr_Blastman; 05/17/20 11:28 PM.
#4521264 - 05/18/20 07:48 AM Re: Covid 19 [Re: MarkG]  
Alicatt Offline
Hotshot
Alicatt  Offline
Hotshot

Ice Cold in Alex or Eating in ...
Originally Posted by MarkG
I read that chlorine kills the virus, and since I'm homing in on my 'beach body'...

You got that pool ready for summer yet, Alicatt?

Yup clear and ready, have been in it since last weekend

Attached Files DSC_2038sm.JPG

Chlanna nan con thigibh a so's gheibh sibh feoil
Sons of the hound come here and get flesh
Clan Cameron
#4521269 - 05/18/20 08:58 AM Re: Covid 19 [Re: KRT_Bong]  
DM Offline
DM  Offline

Prague
Seems that UV kills the virus. ~90-95% of traceable infections are traced to indoor contamination.

So, outside is the best place to be.

On that note, the Czech Republic is starting to emerge from its lockdown state, after a successful lockdown period. It was nice to enjoy a few beers out in the sun, in a glass, like a human being smile

"They might look the same, but they don't taste the same."
#4521279 - 05/18/20 11:05 AM Re: Covid 19 [Re: KRT_Bong]  
F4UDash4 Online cool
Veteran
F4UDash4  Online Cool
Veteran

SC
The US is Dramatically Overcounting Coronavirus Deaths

“The case definition is very simplistic,” Dr. Ngozi Ezike, director of Illinois Department of Public Health, explains. “It means, at the time of death, it was a COVID positive diagnosis. That means, that if you were in hospice and had already been given a few weeks to live, and then you also were found to have COVID, that would be counted as a COVID death. It means, technically even if you died of clear alternative cause, but you had COVID at the same time, it’s still listed as a COVID death.”

Medical examiners in Michigan use the same definition. In Macomb and Oakland Counties, where most of the deaths occurred, medical examiners classify any deaths as Coronavirus deaths when the postmortem test is positive. Even people who died in suicides and automobile accidents meet that definition.

Still, these broad definitions are not due to a few rogue public health officials. The rules direct them to do this. Unlike other countries, “if someone dies with COVID-19, we are counting that as a COVID-19 death,” as Dr. Deborah Birx, the White House coronavirus response coordinator, recently noted.

Classifications go beyond even these broad categories. New York is classifying cases as Coronavirus deaths even when postmortem tests have been negative. Despite negative tests, classifications are based on symptoms, even though the symptoms are often very similar to those of the seasonal flu. The Centers for Disease Control guidance explicitly acknowledges the uncertainty that doctors can face. When Coronavirus cases are “suspected,” they advise doctors that “it is acceptable to report COVID-19 on a death certificate.”

“Together, let us take up the challenge to reawaken America's religious and moral heart, recognizing that a deep and abiding faith in God is the rock upon which this great Nation was founded.” - Ronald Reagan, May 4, 1982
#4521284 - 05/18/20 11:53 AM Re: Covid 19 [Re: KRT_Bong]  
TerribleTwo Offline
Hotshot
TerribleTwo  Offline
Hotshot

Cool graph from CDC comparing total expected deaths from recent years to today, by week.

Scroll all the way down to the graphic, then just above the graph there is a drop down menu where you can display by State.

States like California and many others have less deaths today than they did in 2018. Washington State had more deaths in 2017. Pretty interesting.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/excess_deaths.htm

"College graduates should not have to live out their 20s in their childhood bedrooms, staring up at fading Obama posters and wondering when they can move out and get going with life" - Paul Ryan
#4521286 - 05/18/20 12:01 PM Re: Covid 19 [Re: KRT_Bong]  
PanzerMeyer Online centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Online Centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
So the bottom line at least to me seems to indicate that while this pandemic should be taken seriously, it has also been blown way out of proportion by a sensationalist news media.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4521289 - 05/18/20 12:04 PM Re: Covid 19 [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
TerribleTwo Offline
Hotshot
TerribleTwo  Offline
Hotshot

Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer
So the bottom line at least to me seems to indicate that while this pandemic should be taken seriously, it has also been blown way out of proportion by a sensationalist news media.

The 2018 flu appears to have hit several states harder than covid.

As we know NYC, New Jersey, etc.. are the ones racketing the death toll so high. People living on top of people, bad hygiene, etc.. I mean the NYC and surrounding areas including NJ is just a cesspool of humanity.

But it's not just population numbers in a small area. Look at India, tons of people in small areas, but it doesn't seem to affect them. Healthy folks? Good immune systems?

#4521290 - 05/18/20 12:07 PM Re: Covid 19 [Re: KRT_Bong]  
Lieste Online sigh
Lieste  Online Sigh

No, Some have less deaths now than the +5SD on the 5 year mean. Partly because this is the 'upper bound of normal' not the middle... partly because there has been a lockdown which has reduced many causes of accidental deaths, and partly because the most recent deaths do not include all actual deaths, and may be incomplete, as the note in the graphs indicates.

Pennsylvania is instructive. In February there was a strong suppression of deaths by normal causes (My interpretation) as the early restrictions of behaviour started. People starting to be more cautious before the spread had really started.... followed by a strong surge in deaths as despite the social distancing and caution community spread took hold.

What everyone has been doing is trying to avoid the New York City shaped excess deaths.... if you have succeeded, well done. If not, my commiserations, but even NYC could have been worse....

#4521317 - 05/18/20 03:28 PM Re: Covid 19 [Re: NoFlyBoy]  
Nimits Offline
Hotshot
Nimits  Offline
Hotshot

United States of America

I do have children not far off that age, and I have the same questions.

Also, I have been in a serious car accident, and know multiple people (including the child of a friend) who have died in vehicle accidents. Yet I have not changed my driving frequency nor reduced the amount of time my children travel in car, nor would I encourage anyone else to do so.

I have had friends and acquaintances badly injured and killed in airplane crashes (just FYI, low probability mechanical failures, not pilot error). Yet I have not changed how often I pilot myself (with my family) nor that my family and I travel via commercial air, nor would I encourage anyone else to do so.

A "one-in-a-million" bad occurrence should not affect people's actions.

Originally Posted by NoFlyBoy
Just purchase this. Delivery in 10 days.

Looks it this will be a regular life expense like food and gasoline and electricity and cell phone and toilet paper

https://www.amazon.com/Disposable-3-Layer-Safety-Breathable-Earloop/dp/B0872WRTVK

Except it is not clear they actually do anything, especially if you are wearing the same mask for an extended period of time . . .

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-per...-masks-all-covid-19-not-based-sound-data

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-52015486

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politi...JKdAuiH_b2uGID8XFAQUFbumJbDRQO5F_2loWfVU

https://www.who.int/emergencies/dis...ice-for-public/when-and-how-to-use-masks

Last edited by Nimits; 05/18/20 03:43 PM.
Page 20 of 47 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 46 47

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
A cowboy from Texas walks into a bar in Montana
by semmern. 11/28/20 01:46 PM
Kung Fury
by Chucky. 11/26/20 08:12 PM
Need a laugh ?
by WangoTango. 11/26/20 07:02 PM
Fantasy NHL League
by WangoTango. 11/26/20 06:36 PM
Thanksgiving In America!
by Blade_Meister. 11/26/20 03:00 PM
Thanksgiving
by NoFlyBoy. 11/25/20 07:16 PM
Uh oh...
by Nixer. 11/24/20 09:12 PM
meaning of a deck of playing cards
by KraziKanuK. 11/24/20 03:27 PM
Criterion Collection BR/DVD sale
by Patrocles. 11/24/20 03:26 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.