Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 68 of 77 1 2 66 67 68 69 70 76 77
#4520089 - 05/08/20 01:03 AM Re: WOFF UE Screenshots ***** [Re: Polovski]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

Cheers Albert I hope your claim gets confirmed pal. Haha yep I've also only had a bunch of sheep or a horse to "see" my victory in the past.
Great pics btw, love the snow in WOFF and the guys really did a great job on the scenery Ankors shaders do a excellent job regarding the shadows.

Thomas Muller Mission 6. Dec 1916 Habsheim airfield in the Alsace region...

An 8:05 takeoff with Ernst Udet once again taking us up, it was warmer this morning and the snow's look like it's melting slowly dark clouds were above and i knew it,d be difficult to spot anyone up there. It was a Sperrflug mission (Intercept) of some aircraft that had been bombing our troops, we were close to the enemy frontlines when Ernst spotted them 1st. (He,s got the eyesight of a hawk)
2 Caudrons were on there way back after there mission, I was instructed to take the left craft of the pair and proceeded to fire my guns..wow it soaked up my ammo but eventually i saw the craft spiral out of control, the pilot was lucky, id hit him and he was slumped dead in the cockpit, the observer/gunner less so he was still alive when i saw him jump out from 3000ft..i sight that will live with me for the rest of my days. the claim was confirmed and i got the credit i also received the "eisernes kreuz" 2 Klasse (Iron cross) but my award is tainted in what i witnessed, i was shaking when i left the cockpit but Ernst was quick with a stiff drink to try calm my nerves....

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.
#4520111 - 05/08/20 08:31 AM Re: WOFF UE Screenshots [Re: Polovski]  
lederhosen Offline
lederhosen  Offline

Germany
This mornings outings....

Claimed N23 x2 and a Balloon, all with no witness...1 N23 was given...must be because I was near an airfield???

Attached Files a.jpgb.jpg
Last edited by lederhosen; 05/08/20 08:32 AM.

make mistakes and learn from them

I5 4440 3.1Ghz, Asrock B85m Pro3, Gtx 1060 3GB
#4520167 - 05/08/20 03:28 PM Re: WOFF UE Screenshots [Re: Polovski]  
Albert Tross Offline
Flight Sim Nut
Albert Tross  Offline
Flight Sim Nut

UK
Some great pictures guys and well done Adger on you're confirmation and award. It must have been terrible to have seen something like that happen. I was only reading something like that last night regarding Kurt Wintgens and one of his kills and him seeing the burning aircraft falling past him and then the observer falling past him.....had he fell? Or had he jumped?

It was only a quick death when you hit the ground, the poor bugger had several seconds to contemplate it all first....doesn't bare thinking about does it eek2

I had a quiet mission this morning, nothing sighted except for the lovely sunbeams. I did have my kill confirmed (yes the one with the cows haha) so that's 7 I've got now and we're up to 16th Jan 1916.

Attached Files sUNNY.jpg

"A great deal of an aeroplane could be holed without affecting its ability to fly. Wings and fuselage could be—and often were—pierced in 50 places, missing the occupants by inches (blissfully unaware of how close it had come until they returned to base). Then the sailmaker would carefully cover each hole with a square inch of Irish linen frayed at the edges and with a brushful of dope make our aircraft 'serviceable' again within an hour."
#4520182 - 05/08/20 05:19 PM Re: WOFF UE Screenshots [Re: Polovski]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

@Lederhosen congrats on the kill mate and great shots,usually when I get that close to any enemy ac I end up slamming into it haha.

@Albert it really doesn't bare thinking about does it mate and I've read quite a few WW1 books, what those poor young men must have witnessed not just in the air but the horrors of the trenches..mad mate. Great shot btw and haha congrats on the claim the cow must hold some sway over the claims board winkngrin

We will remember them.
#4520434 - 05/11/20 10:47 AM Re: WOFF UE Screenshots [Re: Polovski]  
lederhosen Offline
lederhosen  Offline

Germany
new bus

Attached Files new.jpgb.jpg
Last edited by lederhosen; 05/11/20 10:47 AM.

make mistakes and learn from them

I5 4440 3.1Ghz, Asrock B85m Pro3, Gtx 1060 3GB
#4520451 - 05/11/20 12:46 PM Re: WOFF UE Screenshots [Re: Polovski]  
Albert Tross Offline
Flight Sim Nut
Albert Tross  Offline
Flight Sim Nut

UK
Smashing pictures Lederhosen, great skin.

I had a quiet couple of days but back in the saddle again today. I had a lone wolf jaunt over Loos and spotted something in the murky distance.....I closed in and quickly made out the less than shapely lines of an FE.

As you can see, it was dispatched with aplomb (well actually it was with a Spandau).

Attached Files FE2b1.jpgFE2b2.jpgFE2b3.jpgFE2b4.jpgFE2b5.jpg

"A great deal of an aeroplane could be holed without affecting its ability to fly. Wings and fuselage could be—and often were—pierced in 50 places, missing the occupants by inches (blissfully unaware of how close it had come until they returned to base). Then the sailmaker would carefully cover each hole with a square inch of Irish linen frayed at the edges and with a brushful of dope make our aircraft 'serviceable' again within an hour."
#4520693 - 05/13/20 12:57 AM Re: WOFF UE Screenshots [Re: Polovski]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

@Great skin Lederhosen,lets hope it doesn't grab too much attention winkngrin

@Albert, Great shots as always and good spotting thru the sun/clouds to spot the FE i could do with you has my flight leader instead of this idiot Udet story below...

Thomas Muller Mission 7... 20th Dec 1916 Habsheim airfield in the Alsace region...

A early patrol over the frontlines was the order for this morning,the heavy rain yesterday that suspended the flights had cleared the last of the snows. It was a absolutely beautiful morning, cold but the sunrise was a sight to behold.
Ernst was again our patrol leader and tensions were frayed after making an idiot of himself last night (He,d been drinking all of yesterday). Instead of the early night he decided to drink until the early hrs and he was like a bear with a sore head when he got his call at 06.15am

I dont know how he managed to take off but i made sure i watched him very carefully and he very nearly clipped the trees to his left hand side during take-off duh Not long after take off i noticed a couple of Caudrons above us. I signalled to Ernst that id spotted them and he looked to see. After a brief moment he signalled to carry on with our objective..I was flabbergasted, i couldn't believe that he wasn't going to get us climbing to meet the target.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I looked at him with disgust from the cockpit, it's a good job he couldn't hear my obscenities..
We continued to patrol the frontlines and the troops from both sides below were getting a serious pounding. No more opportunities arose during the flight and we landed..i couldn't help myself i jumped down and the mechanics had to keep us apart.
Christmas is coming up and i've never felt so low, it looks like i could be putting in a transfer very soon...

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We will remember them.
#4520735 - 05/13/20 12:52 PM Re: WOFF UE Screenshots [Re: Polovski]  
Albert Tross Offline
Flight Sim Nut
Albert Tross  Offline
Flight Sim Nut

UK
Oh dear, Adger, so 'knägges' Udet had been nudging the turps and forgot what enemy aircraft looked like. bottles

It's strange how that happens with WOFF, enemy aircraft are high up above your airfield but unless you're assigned a scramble mission, you leave them alone. Of course you don't know what else is lurking up there to jump on you if you start to climb up but even so.... especially as it's your airfield they're pounding!

Well my jaunt with the Luftstreitkrafte in Jan 1916 ended with me getting jumped by Nieuports and one getting a lucky shot in which hit my controls and left me spinning down. Full right rudder and I thought I might just be able to land it, but the angle was too steep and into the ground we went.

I've started a new career and thought I'd try something very different, I've signed up with the US and flying for 103rd in Feb 1918. I'll post some pictures when I get some.

Must fly......... copter

Last edited by Albert Tross; 05/13/20 12:53 PM.

#4520786 - 05/13/20 08:17 PM Re: WOFF UE Screenshots [Re: Polovski]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

Haha yep Albert i think he overdid the boozing a little. Bet there,s some great kites to fly with the US..definitely keep us posted mate thumbsup

We will remember them.
#4520826 - 05/14/20 08:53 AM Re: WOFF UE Screenshots [Re: Polovski]  
Albert Tross Offline
Flight Sim Nut
Albert Tross  Offline
Flight Sim Nut

UK
My first patrol with 103rd and straight away you can feel how different the situation is from early 1916, there seems to be aircraft everywhere and in big formations.

The key to survival now seems to be height, if you're higher than your opponent you've got the biggest advantage straight away. You can see why many of those who were aces back in 1916, struggled somewhat with what they came up against in 1918.

As you can see from the pictures we gained plenty of height before heading off to the lines and we had a large group of aircraft. SPAD VII's.

As we get to the lines I spot a proper melee going on a little below me. I'm in good position to dive in and take out an enemy scout.

The Albatros is slippery and a proper game of scissors is in progress until I'm able to get right behind....from there he's a gonner, he disappears underneath me and the next I saw of him he was a crater in the front lines north of Chalons.

As I take stock all I can see is several enemy crates flying home. I could go after them with the SPAD's speed but they're low and over the front lines. Given past experiences in WOFF, I'm not going to take so many chances.

Attached Files 103SQ.jpgmelee.jpgseesaw.jpgsittingduck.jpg

#4520879 - 05/14/20 06:57 PM Re: WOFF UE Screenshots [Re: Polovski]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

Brilliant shots and so true regarding going after the Alb,s, when I 1st started flying I'd often break off and go after anything I saw Albert..I soon realised that this often got me in trouble and I lost numerous pilots. I now take less risks and my pilots definitely last longer thumbsup

We will remember them.
#4521163 - 05/17/20 01:31 AM Re: WOFF UE Screenshots [Re: Polovski]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

Thomas Muller Mission 8... 21st Dec 1916 Habsheim airfield in the Alsace region...

We had another dawn mission to patrol just over the lines, we were to protect our recon and artillery recon aircraft and also to attack any ground forces if any opportunity came up.
It was a misty dawn morning and the clouds above were dark and foreboding. We all took off and patrolled our area, no contacts were spotted and there wasn't much going on at ground level aswell..(the ground mist over the patrol area would have made it near impossible to see anyway)..We all landed safely for breakfast and a hot drink.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We will remember them.
#4521178 - 05/17/20 11:00 AM Re: WOFF UE Screenshots [Re: Polovski]  
Albert Tross Offline
Flight Sim Nut
Albert Tross  Offline
Flight Sim Nut

UK
Lovely shots Adger especially that third one.... amazing sunlight.

I've had a few quiet missions as well, well I say quiet that should be kill'less.

I spotted a formation of Fokker DR1's and dived on the leader. I got hits but nothing fell and that was the last I saw of them as they dived into huge clouds and I thought it best to depart, else I end up like Albert Ball.

I then had a balloon bursting mission. I got the Drachen but I didn't put a claim in.

I finally got another kill in my next mission, spotting a large flight of Albatros scouts and nailing one who went down like a meteor.

Attached Files SpadTriplanes.jpgSpadballoon.jpgSpadmelee.jpgSpadflames.jpg

#4521188 - 05/17/20 12:22 PM Re: WOFF UE Screenshots [Re: Polovski]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

Cheers Albert looks a bit more livelier in your sector than mine pal. That 2nd shot with the light snowy landscape is quality.
You were probably right to depart when you did..I mistake I've learnt over time not to keep making I nearly always used to follow my foe, then curse when I got outnumbered and shot down with the rest of my squad nowhere in sight. duh biggrin

We will remember them.
#4521247 - 05/18/20 12:49 AM Re: WOFF UE Screenshots [Re: Polovski]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

Thomas Muller Mission 9... 22nd Dec 1916 Habsheim airfield in the Alsace region...7.55am

A mission to patrol close to the lines, Ernst again took us up and the clouds like the previous day were dark and visibility was low. We circled to altitude and proceeded on our route.
We got within a few miles of the front when Ernst signalled..he,d spotted enemy AC ahead of us, il say this there,s nothing wrong with his eyesight. the number 3 in flight took the left hand foe who took him down a few thousand feet in a spiralling fight.
Both myself and Ernst took on the same target and i got in 1st and peppered the Caudron then Ernst appeared in front of me, what a fool !! i had to quickly bank or we would have both collided..the man's mad the Caudron,s top part of his wing split and our foe tumbled to the ground.
We landed and i managed to grab Ernst and land one on his chin, we both ended up scrapping in the mud and again had to be pulled apart, im sure there's going to be reprimands after this latest incident..Its 3 days until Christmas and my morale along with my nerves are shot. Im going to request some leave and a possible transfer before one of us kills the other.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We will remember them.
#4521297 - 05/18/20 01:14 PM Re: WOFF UE Screenshots [Re: Polovski]  
Albert Tross Offline
Flight Sim Nut
Albert Tross  Offline
Flight Sim Nut

UK
Well done Adger and great shot of the falling Caudron. Blimey you and Udet seem to be having a bit of bother. I'm assuming he's above you in rank, watch yourself or he'll have you transferred to the kitchens. I think id definitely put in a transfer request.

I thought id share some pictures of my second campaign I've got going on at the moment. It's a completely different pace from Feb 1918. I'm flying for the French in Alsace with MS 49 in August 1915.

The Morane is a funny bird to fly. If it's windy its hard to keep the nose down, it's like flying an umbrella.

Ive had some good missions, bombings and recon. Flying around the mountains of Alsace is great though.

I've managed a scrap with an Aviatik, but the wind was terrible (although that could have been the deep fried escargot in the mess last night sicko )

Attached Files Morane1.jpgMorane2.jpgMorane3.jpgMorane4.jpgMorane5.jpg

#4521328 - 05/18/20 04:46 PM Re: WOFF UE Screenshots [Re: Polovski]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

Brilliant Albert..quality shots mate. Yep Ernst outranks me so I've got to be careful, he even took the kill aswell a transfer seems the only way out of the mess I've gotten into with him.

The Morane haha yeah I've done some flying in the past with this temperamental old bird.".like flying an umbrella " haha I couldn't have put it any better. It's like the cheap plastic footballs I had as a kid ,you'd go for the bottom corner and the wind I'd take it over the bar .love the Alsace region it can be quiet at times but the scenery is often beautiful ..great stuff pal.

We will remember them.
#4521338 - 05/18/20 05:57 PM Re: WOFF UE Screenshots [Re: Polovski]  
VonS Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac
VonS  Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac

Wonderful screenies gents', keep them coming.

@Albert, lovely pics. of the Parasol (I'll have to increase my gloss values slightly in the WOFF menu to see if I can get that same shine on the wings - my glossiness settings are at 5).

@Adger and Albert, it does indeed fly like an umbrella. I will look into combing over its FM for a ver. 6.0 of the FM tweaks pack - top speed on the stock Parasol is around 125 kph near SL (possibly a later model?) - earlier Parasols had even lower speeds of about 112-5 kph. Also, the climb rate will be reduced slightly for the slower variant, and the wing loading increased, among other things. I'll try to look into those tweaks as soon as I find time. At any rate, I'm glad to have transferred from the Parasol into the Bristol Scout C for my RFC1 campaigns in 1915. The Bristol Scout is a beauty, especially when compared with the Parasol's and the Eindecker's flight characteristics.

Von S

Last edited by VonS; 05/18/20 05:58 PM. Reason: Added info.

~ For my various FM/AI/FPS/DM Mods. for First Eagles 2, WoFF, RoF & WoTR, and tips for FlightGear, recommended is to check over my CombatAce profile (https://combatace.com/profile/86760-vons/) and to click on the "About Me" tab while there. ~
#4521412 - 05/19/20 08:25 AM Re: WOFF UE Screenshots [Re: Polovski]  
Albert Tross Offline
Flight Sim Nut
Albert Tross  Offline
Flight Sim Nut

UK
Thanks Von S,

I think my settings are on '8' but if FPS drops I normally lower it to 6.

I know Cecil Lewis was very weary of the Morane when he flew it, according to Sagittarius Rising.

However the first French aces, Gilbert and Pegoud flew it successfully. I've noted on pictures of the time they had a machine gun attached to the top wing (ala Nieuports) which explains how they got their kills. Maybe the devs could include that armaments option in future updates.

The Bristol Scout is a delight to fly and can better an Eindecker with ease, although taking on two seaters with that weird gun setup is a risky business.

I pity poor number 3 Squadron RFC who flew Moranes through into late 1917! Those poor sods must have thought they'd been forgotten about by Trenchard.

Adger, yes I remember those cheap footballs myself. There's no shame requesting a transfer, Udet did it himself when he left Gontermann's Jasta.

Last edited by Albert Tross; 05/19/20 08:27 AM.

#4521434 - 05/19/20 01:23 PM Re: WOFF UE Screenshots [Re: Polovski]  
BuckeyeBob Offline
BuckeyeBob  Offline

Ohio, USA
Loving those screenshots, Albert and Adger! Very "atmospheric!"

“With Major Lawrence, mercy is a passion. With me it is merely good manners. You may judge which motive is the more reliable.”
Page 68 of 77 1 2 66 67 68 69 70 76 77

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM