Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#4520987 - 05/15/20 05:34 PM The age of license of use and revoke at whim is upon us  
Blade_RJ Offline
Simhq Weather man, dropping rain in your parade
Blade_RJ  Offline
Hotshot

brasil
EA did this, movies studios are doing it (with their only ^catalogue^) and now ubisoft joined the bunch, i wont be surprised if with inteligent cars manufactures will follow suit by monitoring your driving.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4520988 - 05/15/20 05:45 PM Re: The age of license of use and revoke at whim is upon us [Re: Blade_RJ]  
Chucky Online sosad
Veteran
Chucky  Online Sosad
Veteran

UK
F**k Ubisoft. If I ever want to play one of their games (not likely) I'll get it from the PB.

EV's are the Devils matchbox.
#4520989 - 05/15/20 05:50 PM Re: The age of license of use and revoke at whim is upon us [Re: Blade_RJ]  
MarkG Offline
Veteran
MarkG  Offline
Veteran

The Bayou
This is why I have never, and will never, purchase any media/games with an online umbilical cord. I either own a license that is fully within my control or it's no sale.

But this is also why I've been left so far behind (years now turning in to decades). frown

The rusty wire that holds the cork that keeps the anger in
Gives way and suddenly it’s day again
The sun is in the east
Even though the day is done
Two suns in the sunset, hmph
Could be the human race is run
#4520991 - 05/15/20 06:01 PM Re: The age of license of use and revoke at whim is upon us [Re: Blade_RJ]  
PanzerMeyer Online centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Online Centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
This is the wave of the future boys. I'm not saying I like it but the only alternative is to play old games that don't require any kind of online authentication.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4520992 - 05/15/20 06:02 PM Re: The age of license of use and revoke at whim is upon us [Re: Blade_RJ]  
Chucky Online sosad
Veteran
Chucky  Online Sosad
Veteran

UK
Actually,there is one point I agree with in that licence. At around 12 mins 50 secs (Article 16).

16. Any conduct which interrupts the general flow of gameplay in the game itself, any Forum or any Service, including, but not limited to:

· spamming,

· “away from keyboard” (AFK),

· farming,

· advertising or soliciting other products,

· in-game harassment and bad sportsmanship, including but not limited to team killing, rage quitting, blocking players’ interactions and/or any other in-game behaviour meant to disrupt or interrupt the general flow of gameplay.

EV's are the Devils matchbox.
#4520993 - 05/15/20 06:03 PM Re: The age of license of use and revoke at whim is upon us [Re: Blade_RJ]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by Blade_RJ
with inteligent cars manufactures will follow suit by monitoring your driving.

That won't be necessary because the cars will be entirely automated. The driver passenger will just have to enter in the destination and that's it.

And this IS most definitely coming along with no physical money. It's just a matter of when.

Last edited by PanzerMeyer; 05/15/20 06:22 PM.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4520996 - 05/15/20 06:13 PM Re: The age of license of use and revoke at whim is upon us [Re: Blade_RJ]  
Crane Hunter Offline
Veteran
Crane Hunter  Offline
Veteran

Master Meme-er
Let them, it'll just drive more people to indie developers.

#4520998 - 05/15/20 06:25 PM Re: The age of license of use and revoke at whim is upon us [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Blade_RJ Offline
Blade_RJ  Offline
Hotshot

brasil
Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer
Originally Posted by Blade_RJ
with inteligent cars manufactures will follow suit by monitoring your driving.

That won't be necessary because the cars will be entirely automated. The driver passenger will just have to enter in the destination and that's it.

And this IS most definitely coming along with no physical money. It's just a matter of when.

i dont care about frauds, or even fear the fact my acount is 0 and 1s (untill i have a problem obviously lol)....but since a kid i always wanted money gone ! when i saw sci fi movies using what basically was credit cards to exchange money.

#4521002 - 05/15/20 06:41 PM Re: The age of license of use and revoke at whim is upon us [Re: Blade_RJ]  
adlabs6 Offline
Veteran
adlabs6  Offline
Veteran

Tracy Island
I'm already in with some of UBI games, so I'll wait and see if I ever have trouble. I never do streamsniping, griefing, smurfing, or the other usual stuff, but maybe that doesn't matter.

WARNING: This post contains opinions produced in a facility which also occasionally processes fact products.
#4521004 - 05/15/20 06:46 PM Re: The age of license of use and revoke at whim is upon us [Re: adlabs6]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by adlabs6
I never do streamsniping, griefing, smurfing, or the other usual stuff, but maybe that doesn't matter.

Heck, I had to look online to find out what "streamsniping" and "smurfing" meant.

#4521013 - 05/15/20 07:50 PM Re: The age of license of use and revoke at whim is upon us [Re: Blade_RJ]  
Mr_Blastman Offline
Hotshot
Mr_Blastman  Offline
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
"griefing" is a loaded phrase that means different things to different folks. Folks should be careful what they wish for.

#4521028 - 05/15/20 09:33 PM Re: The age of license of use and revoke at whim is upon us [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Alicatt Offline
Hotshot
Alicatt  Offline
Hotshot

Ice Cold in Alex or Eating in ...
Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer
Originally Posted by adlabs6
I never do streamsniping, griefing, smurfing, or the other usual stuff, but maybe that doesn't matter.

Heck, I had to look online to find out what "streamsniping" and "smurfing" meant.

Smurfing is the norm here in Belgium, heck even I have a smurf hat in the wardrobe biggrin

Chlanna nan con thigibh a so's gheibh sibh feoil
Sons of the hound come here and get flesh
Clan Cameron
#4521047 - 05/15/20 11:38 PM Re: The age of license of use and revoke at whim is upon us [Re: Blade_RJ]  
Nixer Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Nixer  Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Veteran

Living with the Trees
I blew off Ubi over Crappy Protection in IL2 a long time ago.

They have not seen a single cent from me since...

and I missed nothing.

Censored

Look for me on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook or Tic Toc...or anywhere you may frequent, besides SimHq, on the Global Scam Net. Aka, the internet.
I am not there, never have been or ever will be, but the fruitless search may be more gratifying then the "content" you might otherwise be exposed to.

"There's a sucker born every minute."
Phineas Taylor Barnum

#4521051 - 05/16/20 12:02 AM Re: The age of license of use and revoke at whim is upon us [Re: Blade_RJ]  
Mr_Blastman Offline
Hotshot
Mr_Blastman  Offline
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
I claim ownership of the period, a.k.a. the "." If anyone wishes to use one, they must pay me a royalty of one dollar, and I will provide you one licensed use. I hold the right to revoke your license at any time.

#4521052 - 05/16/20 12:07 AM Re: The age of license of use and revoke at whim is upon us [Re: Blade_RJ]  
Nixer Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Nixer  Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Veteran

Living with the Trees
I have no idea why some shyster hasn't sued FB, Google et al for tracking them around the internet, and profiting from it.

All without ever registering with them or agreeing to SQUAT.

It should be the "class action of the century"

Censored

Look for me on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook or Tic Toc...or anywhere you may frequent, besides SimHq, on the Global Scam Net. Aka, the internet.
I am not there, never have been or ever will be, but the fruitless search may be more gratifying then the "content" you might otherwise be exposed to.

"There's a sucker born every minute."
Phineas Taylor Barnum

#4521053 - 05/16/20 12:09 AM Re: The age of license of use and revoke at whim is upon us [Re: Blade_RJ]  
NoFlyBoy Online content
Hotshot
NoFlyBoy  Online Content
Hotshot

Without watching a 24 minutes video that may not directly get to the point, can someone please tell me what this is about? Thank you.

[Linked Image]
#4521059 - 05/16/20 12:40 AM Re: The age of license of use and revoke at whim is upon us [Re: Blade_RJ]  
Master Offline
meh
Master  Offline
meh
Veteran

Ubisoft reserves the right to ban people who violate their fair play rules in their online games like r6 siege. Thats what I got from skipping through the video.

#4521061 - 05/16/20 12:54 AM Re: The age of license of use and revoke at whim is upon us [Re: Master]  
Blade_RJ Offline
Blade_RJ  Offline
Hotshot

brasil
Originally Posted by Master
Ubisoft reserves the right to ban people who violate their fair play rules in their online games like r6 siege. Thats what I got from skipping through the video.

that is the norm and expect of good behaviours. the problem is ubi can ban your acount(s) for stuff outside the game use, for exemple someone acuse you of using a twitch feed to gain advantage, bad mouth their employees online (outside their venue, aka forums), how soon untill they use this to censor people about their own product ? EA already done this on their foruns,so its not far fetched.
Cheating in single player mode can also ban your acount, so i guess that include modding because you are basically hacking their property, or a simple memory edit like cheat engine to get more money or itens in anno or the likes so you can have fun.
Their new rules are very broad, and can be interpreted at someone whim.

#4521062 - 05/16/20 12:55 AM Re: The age of license of use and revoke at whim is upon us [Re: Nixer]  
Blade_RJ Offline
Blade_RJ  Offline
Hotshot

brasil
Originally Posted by Nixer
I have no idea why some shyster hasn't sued FB, Google et al for tracking them around the internet, and profiting from it.

because you agreed by sign up....same goes for instagram, both FB and instagram can claim your pictures to make internal use as they desire, so if they want to train AI, sell them as stock photo, they can.

#4521064 - 05/16/20 01:36 AM Re: The age of license of use and revoke at whim is upon us [Re: Nixer]  
Zamzow Offline
Zamzow  Offline

Originally Posted by Nixer

I read an article at least 8 years ago where a CIA person said "Social media has been a gift from God for us".

Government isn't going to do anything to discourage it - no matter who's president, no matter who's in control of the rest...

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.