Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#4520673 - 05/12/20 08:51 PM Re: School shooting have been around [Re: Mr_Blastman]  
Crane Hunter Offline
Veteran
Crane Hunter  Offline
Veteran

Master Meme-er
Originally Posted by Mr_Blastman
Back when I was a kid, if you had a problem with someone, you settled it with fists, then a few hours later, proverbially speaking the two of you'd be sharing a beer together.

Kids these days somehow have failed to learn this aspect of masculinity/humanity.

That must have been a fairly long time ago, even in my school days it was not uncommon for bullies to attack in groups, sometimes with weapons.

Quite often the school will repeatedly look the other way when it comes to bullying, but will come down hard on a bullied kid that finally stands up for himself, because "zero tolerance".

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4520703 - 05/13/20 05:00 AM Re: School shooting have been around [Re: MarkG]  
Mr_Blastman Offline
Hotshot
Mr_Blastman  Offline
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
Originally Posted by MarkG
Back when I was a kid, if you had a problem with someone, you settled it with fists, then a few hours later, proverbially speaking the two of you'd be sharing a beer together.

Kids these days somehow have failed to learn this aspect of masculinity/humanity.

This can be fine with kids of equal physical stature, whether friends or a bully situation, but that's often not the case.

Martial arts training can be a great equalizer. Most folks don't know how to fight or stand up for themselves.

School was kind of like the prison system. If you perpetually got beat up you'd be labeled as a chump. Kick the crap out of one or two bullies and word would get out to not mess with you, and those that did were often alone as their friends were scared to have their backs.

I think a combination of both are what helped me out growing up as I was always one of the smallest kids in my class, as I was often a year younger than everyone else. Some of my friends, however, didn't fare so well, but they never stood up for themselves.

Last edited by Mr_Blastman; 05/13/20 05:05 AM.
#4520724 - 05/13/20 11:03 AM Re: School shooting have been around [Re: Mr_Blastman]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA

School was kind of like the prison system. If you perpetually got beat up you'd be labeled as a chump. Kick the crap out of one or two bullies and word would get out to not mess with you, and those that did were often alone as their friends were scared to have their backs.

And now if a student hits another kid even in self defense they'll be promptly hand-cuffed by school security and put in the back of a police cruiser.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4520744 - 05/13/20 02:03 PM Re: School shooting have been around [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Mr_Blastman Offline
Hotshot
Mr_Blastman  Offline
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer

And now if a student hits another kid even in self defense they'll be promptly hand-cuffed by school security and put in the back of a police cruiser.

Silly, isn't it?

Wouldn't stop me, nor has it stopped me from telling my daughter to do the same. If you let folks push you around in life you'll forever be a doormat.

But my daughter is in private school where nonsense rules such as zero tolerance don't exist.

One rule that I was taught is "no throwing the first punch." That's not allowed. One may only strike another after they have been struck at, first.

Last edited by Mr_Blastman; 05/13/20 06:52 PM.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.