Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 173 of 366 1 2 171 172 173 174 175 365 366
#4520197 - 05/08/20 09:16 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) ***** [Re: Raine]  
carrick58 Offline
Hotshot
carrick58  Offline
Hotshot

Wow, our pilots are dropping like flies

#4520199 - 05/08/20 10:24 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
carrick58 Offline
Hotshot
carrick58  Offline
Hotshot

Nigel Farnsworth Philby
2Lt , Rfc
1 Rfc Sqn
Flanders
4 unconfirmed
1 victory
Bell Asylum, Flanders

May 9. 1918

I Got forced down on our side of NML. Off with 5 a/c for line patrol spotted and attacked a two seat. Problems: The thunderheads seperated my 3 a/c from the rovers. They saw and chased the e/a 2 seat ( Never caught up with him.) ,but didnt see the 2 V Struts that hit us, We lost 1 a/c he just broke apart in flight. I lined up and fire off a drum. then pulled up to reload. A Jasta 8 V Strut made a firing side pass cracking or breaking a wing runner, hardly able to keep her headed for our side . Thankfully, they went home and I put it down safely. Losses: B Flt 1 destroyed and 1 forced down + 1 damaged. Claims 0

Attached Files CFS3 2020-05-08 15-01-38-41.jpg
#4520201 - 05/08/20 10:32 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
MFair Offline
MFair  Offline

Sgt. Ainslie H. Harris
40 RAF
Bruay
May 8, 1917

Harris had arrived the night before by tender. After a short meeting with the CO, a Corporal Butler was instructed to show him his new lodgings with Sgt. Redler. Entering the tent which would be his new home he dropped his kit on a cot. “I assume this here is my bunk?” Harris asked. Realer stood up from his own cot and extended his hand. “Set. Herbert Redler. Glad to make your acquaintance.” Harris shook the mans hand as he sized him up. About his own age, 21, seemed friendly enough and a proper Englishman to the core. “Glad to meet ya friend” replied Harris. Redler looked at Harris, “We’ll, Sir, I can tell by your accent your a yank!” Harris laughed and replied, “Well if yor saying I’m American, you’d be correct!” Realer motioned for Harris to take a seat and he did the same. “What part of America are you from?” Redler asked. Harris stretched his arms over his head and replied, “A little ol’ town in Montana called Lavinia. It’s about two days ride ride Billings. By horse that is.”
“Ah, the Wild West of America!” Realer exclaimed. Harris laughed. “Not hardly friend. Ain’t to wild anymore. Well, not as wild as it was in my Daddy’s day.”
Redler continued, “How in gods name did you end up in the RAF?” Harris chuckled again! Know that’s a long story! I don’t mean to be unneighbourly but I’m a bit bushed and the CO says I’m up at daylight for my first flight. I’ll fill you in when I ain’t so dog tired. How’s the chow?”
“Not to bad ol’ boy. Especially if your not too particular.” Redler replied.
“Much action in these parts?” Harris asked. Realer replied, “If you are referring to the Hun, you will get your fill. If your asking about the female persuasion, I’m afraid your a bit out of luck!” They both laughed. Redler continued, “I brought down my 1st two today, a balloon and an Albatros.”
Harris slapped his leg, “well congratulations friend.” It wasn’t long before the two were asleep.

At 0600 they were in their Nieuport scouts ready to take off. Harris had been instructed to head back to Bruay if the enemy was sighted. Lt. Gregory, the flight leader was very emphatic about that. The weather was terrible. A light rain fell as they climbed into the clouds. The flight made their way to Thelus and began the patrol from their to Monchy. They had just turned south when Gregory wagged his wings and dove. Harris stayed at his present altitude and searched the sky. He saw the enemy machines climbing to engaged. As he circled above the coming fight he saw one of the Albatros turn onto the tail of one of his flight. He never hesitated and dove. He came up behind the black fuselage with yellow and black stripped tail and opened fire. He saw his rounds hit the engine area of the enemy machine as it dove away. He follows and stayed with him. The machine levelled out and flew straight east. Harris pulled up behind and with a long burst the upper wing broke away and the machine tumbled into no mans land. Harris climbed back up and started circling. He saw a Nieuport chasing a Hun east but did not follow. Directly he spied one of his flight and joined him. A few minutes later anotherjoined and they continued the patrol. After a while they turned northwest for home much to Harris’s relief. He was wet and cold.

Back at Bruay, the other members of the flight had landed. A crew was punching a Nieuport into a hanger and Harris could see blood along the cockpit. A fellow named Mason had been badly wounded. As Harris went into the hut for debriefing he was stopped by Corporal Miller. “The CO wants to see you immediately Sgt”. Harris turned to Redler, “Most likely wants to tell me what a fine job I did today!” As he went to the office.

As he entered the CO’s office he noticed Lt. Gregory standing at his desk. Harris approached and saluted. “You wanted to see me Sir?” He asked.
The CO stood up. “Sgt. Harris! Your orders were to fly back to Bruay if there was any combat!” Harris was confused. “Well, Yes Sir, they were.” He said. The CO glared at him and continued,”Ah! You do understand what your orders were. That is excellent Sgt.! He paused while glaring at Harris then continued. “ if you understood your orders, why in gods name did you not follow them!” The CO was loud enough now that Harris knew the whole squadron could hear. Gregory stood stock still staring between the two. Harris cleared his throat. “Sir, I never did cotton to runnin’ from a scrap and one of my flight, ain’t sure who, was goin’ to be in a real fix if I didn’t do something.....Sir”
The CO sat down in his chair. “Well Sgt. Harris. I don’t know how you yanks run your military but over here WE FOLLOW ORDERS, wether we “cotton” to them or not! Whatever in hell that means. Do you understand!” Harris looked straight ahead and replied “Yes Sir!”
“You are dismissed! Go fill out your damned report!” The CO replied. Harris saluted and turned on his hill and left the office.
The CO turned to Lt. Gregory after Harris had left. “What do you think Lt.?” He asked. Gregory smiled, I think he got the message Sir. All I can tell you is he can fly and he certainly sent that Hun down. I would hat to loose him for one mistake.”

Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear or a fool from either end.
BOC Member since....I can't remember!
#4520219 - 05/09/20 01:49 AM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
Fullofit Offline
Fullofit  Offline

Ajax, ON
Carrick, looks like it’s back to that French aerodrome for Nigel. Hopefully all those helpful maids recovered after his last visit.

MFair, back in the saddle. Glad you didn’t take too long before getting the new pilot on the road. Looks like Sgt. Harris gets a slap on the wrist on his first outing. Hopefully his skill will soon be recognized and he won’t have to put up with this “we follow orders” nonsense. Welcome to the Front!

Toby scratched his ear with his good hand and regretted it immediately. It was itching like crazy, but with each, even slightest of touches, the wound would open and blood would trickle onto his neck. One of the bullets from that Albatros nearly took his head off. Instead it nicked his ear. It was split neatly in half. Well, “neatly” was too generous of a description.
The nurse noticed the blood and began to berate Toby for disturbing the dressing, or at least that’s what Mulberry imagined she was doing. She only knew a few words in English and the most peculiar ones at that. Earlier in the week he tried to introduce himself to her:
“- My name is Toby.”
She raised her bushy eyebrows, furrowing her forehead in a sign of understanding. “- Ah, to be or not to be. Das ist hier die Frage.” She smiled and walked away. He hadn’t had luck learning much more. He wanted to know at least what day it was. He asked, “- What day is it? Day.” He got a blank stare from her. Toby thought hard. “- Tag!” He exclaimed, extremely delighted with his recall of the German word. The nurse raised her bushy eyebrows that time too and announced: “- Dienstag”.
That was that. He still had no clue what day that was. What did it matter anyway? Each day was the same. He would be taken to another room to have his dressings changed. The one on the ear would take the longest and would hurt the most. The arm was much easier. The bullet missed the bone and the wound was healing rather nicely. It would open up from time to time, but it was nothing compared to the ear. He would be given a stale piece of bread and cabbage soup to dip it in to soften it. This food wasn’t sitting well with Toby and his stomach was producing copious amounts of gas in protest. It was fortunate Mulberry was spending most of his time under the blanket.
Two guards were always posted inside the hall he was staying in, so there was no chance he could simply walk out. He did notice that the guards usually kept their eyes on the nurses and not the patients. Toby knew well that sooner or later he will be sent deeper into the Hunland with little opportunity to escape. If he doesn’t act soon he will spend the rest of the war learning German. He needed a miracle.

"Take the cylinder out of my kidneys,
The connecting rod out of my brain, my brain,
From out of my arse take the camshaft,
And assemble the engine again."
#4520238 - 05/09/20 10:52 AM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
MFair Offline
MFair  Offline

Fullofit, my memory is not what it used to be but if it is serving me correctly, this is not the first time Toby has escaped. I sure am glad he his alive.

Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear or a fool from either end.
#4520243 - 05/09/20 01:09 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
Fullofit Offline
Fullofit  Offline

Ajax, ON
MFair, you may be thinking of Voscadeaux. My memory is fuzzy at best, but I don’t think Mulberry had the pleasure of stepping out of his airplane onto the Hunnish soil. This is his first serious wounding. I could be wrong - those head wounds are usually serious. smile

#4520246 - 05/09/20 01:35 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
MFair Offline
MFair  Offline

Well, he is alive. That’s the most important thing. With so many pilots wounded and dead as of late, it all starts running together a bit. Other than Jericho and Ganz, I can’t even remember the pilots in between! In real life I’ve had 3 concussions that I know of. I think they are coming home to roost.

#4520249 - 05/09/20 02:32 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
Fullofit Offline
Fullofit  Offline

Ajax, ON
MFair, I hope all these injuries are sex-related. duck

#4520257 - 05/09/20 03:10 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Fullofit]  
MFair Offline
MFair  Offline

Originally Posted by Fullofit
MFair, I hope all these injuries are sex-related. duck

Don’t I wish! Unfortunately, no. Two from sports and one from a horse. That being said, no animal sex jokes. Actually, the horse did not cause the concussion. The ground did.

#4520261 - 05/09/20 04:20 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
carrick58 Offline
Hotshot
carrick58  Offline
Hotshot

2LT Philby

I am still waiting for a lift back to the unit. My Hosts ( 3 Troop, 43rd Fusileers , Opcon to 5 th Army as a Recondo unit. ) Has an armor Car going 3/4 quarters of the way towards the Airfield. It departs at Noon.

#4520262 - 05/09/20 04:23 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
carrick58 Offline
Hotshot
carrick58  Offline
Hotshot

Full of it: Cant get any more wine from the French AF. The women wine crushers/ stompers got fired some say for Sitting down on the Job.

#4520269 - 05/09/20 05:51 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: carrick58]  
Fullofit Offline
Fullofit  Offline

Ajax, ON
Originally Posted by carrick58
Full of it: Cant get any more wine from the French AF. The women wine crushers/ stompers got fired some say for Sitting down on the Job.

They had to sit after Nigel had his way with them.
Looks like Nigel is singlehandedly responsible for the mutiny in the French Army due to wine shortages caused by grape stompers’ raw knees and quivering thighs.

#4520354 - 05/10/20 03:23 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
Fullofit Offline
Fullofit  Offline

Ajax, ON
The miracle Toby was looking for had a name. Unfortunately he never figured out what the bushy-eyebrowed nurse was called. Nevertheless she was the miracle he was hoping for. Just like every other day, Toby was taken to a room to have his bandages changed. The nurse was just finishing off the tourniquet when another nurse flung the door open and began to frantically explain something to the nurse in the room. After a quick exchange and signalling Toby to stay put, the two nurses left. Mulberry was left alone sitting in the middle of the room holding the unfinished dressing and trying to prevent it from unraveling. He sat there motionless for what seemed like fifteen minutes without anyone coming in to check on him. He looked around uninterested. Toby knew this room well and could tell where everything was with his eyes closed. A desk and a chair in the corner. A large wooden closet by the door. A narrow bed across from the desk with neatly made up sheets. There was a sink on one wall and the entire room was illuminated by the sunlight coming through a large window. Then there was him, sitting on a chair in the middle of the room. He got up to his feet and walked over to the window. The hospital was in fact a monastery. There were at least four ambulance lorries in the courtyard with men and women darting in and out, bringing in wounded, unloading them from the backs of the cars on stretchers. He wondered if he could just sneak by in the midst of this commotion. But then what? First patrol would pick him up in his pyjamas. If only he had proper clothes ... an idea began to grow in his rattled brain. He went to the closet and looked inside. Just as he expected, there were clothes hanging on coat hangers! He made a sour face - they were all women’s clothes. He wondered for a second. Could he pull it off?
The bushy-eyebrowed nurse was a large woman, but her clothes still felt very tight on Toby. The shoes were the worst. They were at least one size smaller and what’s even worse had an inch and a half heel. It was like walking on stilts. The large nurse cap with a red cross on the front covered most of his head, hair and the bandaged ear. Now for the finishing touch - the surgeon’s face mask. Toby had some problems tying it at the back of his head. There! He looked in the mirror hanging above the sink. His face was mostly hidden, only his eyes could be seen but the figure wasn’t right. Toby pushed his chest forward. That’s more like it.
He started for the door and nearly twisted his ankle, totally forgetting about the heels. He opened the door and stuck his head out. The corridor was bustling with doctors and nurses tending to the new arrivals still on the stretchers. The space was filled with moans, cries and whimpers. Doctors shouted orders to the nurses. A priest was administering last rights to an unfortunate soul. The smell of blood, decay, sweat and formaldehyde was mixing in the air. Toby kept close to the wall in case he lost his footing again. No one paid attention to him. He was almost near the exit. There was a bored looking guard within the vestibule. The guard perked up when he saw a nurse he didn’t recognize. As Mulberry walked by the German, he felt a pinch on his buttock. He turned around. The guard was chuckling and saying something most likely concupiscent. Toby was about to be discovered. He giggled in his most girlish voice and slapped the guard across the face. He then turned around toward the exit and picked up his pace. He could still hear the guard’s cackling behind him. Mulberry was out! He was in the courtyard and quickly hid behind one of the lorries with the red cross on the side. He realized the car was running. He checked the back, it was unoccupied. The cab was also empty. Perfect. Toby climbed clumsily onto the driver’s seat, released the brake, engaged the clutch and selected a gear. The lorry lurched and began to roll. Toby cleared the courtyard and accelerated. He looked in the rear view mirror to check if anyone noticed. It didn’t look like anyone realized there was a “nurse” driving a large vehicle. Toby smiled to himself and headed west.

#4520357 - 05/10/20 04:07 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
MFair Offline
MFair  Offline

Toby escapes in drag! Now that’s a story.

Carrick, glad you were able to make it back. We have lost enough pilots.

#4520368 - 05/10/20 06:10 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
lederhosen Offline
lederhosen  Offline

Germany
bagged another Pup today.

I have been a little peeved by my Jasta performance as of late, so I had a good look at the duty Roster...

What a mess..not one single pilot rated above poor. Almost all lack skills, have poor morale or crappy awareness. No wonder these guys are falling out of the sky.

make mistakes and learn from them

I5 4440 3.1Ghz, Asrock B85m Pro3, Gtx 1060 3GB
#4520369 - 05/10/20 06:22 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: MFair]  
Fullofit Offline
Fullofit  Offline

Ajax, ON
Originally Posted by MFair
Toby escapes in drag! Now that’s a story.

MFair, I call it “degrade escape”.

#4520375 - 05/10/20 07:42 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
carrick58 Offline
Hotshot
carrick58  Offline
Hotshot

The German papers said that the British Ace escaped . Later the Red Cross vehicle was found to be missing all the issues of women's fashion magazines

Last edited by carrick58; 05/10/20 07:46 PM.
#4520377 - 05/10/20 07:51 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Fullofit]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man
RAF_Louvert  Offline
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man

L'Etoile du Nord

Originally Posted by Fullofit
I call it “degrade escape”.

More like "ToMul's Drag Race".

#4520378 - 05/10/20 07:53 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
Fullofit Offline
Fullofit  Offline

Ajax, ON
Lou, I didn’t know you were Ru’s fan!

#4520380 - 05/10/20 07:56 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
lederhosen Offline
lederhosen  Offline

Germany
I cant wait for the story of when this Drag Queen gets caught at the British lines. I mean all those young healthy men, couped up for months with only black and white fotos of naked women, and no salt peter either.
"Halt, who goes there??"
"don't shoot, I'm a british pilot"
"Pull the other one...... oh, helo Love"

make mistakes and learn from them

I5 4440 3.1Ghz, Asrock B85m Pro3, Gtx 1060 3GB
Page 173 of 366 1 2 171 172 173 174 175 365 366

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social