Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4519338 - 05/04/20 12:25 AM OT: Inquiry for kksnowbear  
Stache Offline
Stache  Offline

Michigan, USA
Originally Posted by kksnowbear
because I'd truly like that to happen.

kksnowbear, I have put off asking this question many times and I hesitate now but... WHY?

WHY is this topic so darn important to you?

As you DO NOT participate in the enjoyment of WOFF, what interest do you have in coming back to this topic, time after time after time?

What possible difference can it make to you it this topic is ever eliminated?

If you would please, try to keep any response as terse, consise and on topic as possible.

I'd truly like to understand your motivation.

Regards,

Last edited by Stache; 05/04/20 12:32 AM.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. A. Einstein

(System Specs:)

I7-6700k OC 4.4GHZ, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz; Gigabyte Gaming 7 MB, G1 OC'ed GTX980ti; Three-Acer XB271HU WQHD Gsync 144Mhz; Samsung 950-512GB NVMe SSD; WD 2TB-7200rpm; Cooler Master HAF XB EVO, Nepton 240M cooler, V1000 PS; Windows 10 PRO; VKB GunfighterPro Stick; Thrustmaster TPR Pedals; Saitek Throttle; Dual TM MFD panels; TrackIR 5; Windows 10 v1909
#4519346 - 05/04/20 03:08 AM Re: OT: Inquiry for kksnowbear [Re: Stache]  
kksnowbear Offline
kksnowbear  Offline

I'd really be more than glad to discuss the subject, but I do have to be honest in saying I'm not sure of the nature of this inquiry.

What I mean is, if you're truly interested in what I think, then isn't it best to let me decide how to express it? It seems as if you want a short answer, and the truth is that often, there's not necessarily an easy or short answer if we're actually trying to understand 'why' something is the way is. Things like who, what, where, when, and even how are generally pretty definitive, and usually fairly easy to identify. Not really the case with 'why'.

Incidentally (and please, I'm not trying to nit-pick), but 'terse' is generally considered to have a negative connotation. I don't think you really want me to be terse. (It's politely offered constructive criticism, so please take it for what it is. My mom was an English teacher.)

If brevity is more important to you than being thorough, then okay, but it's not necessarily my preference. But if you're really trying to understand, I'm not sure you can actually do that while counting words.

Also, you have asserted that I DO NOT participate in the enjoyment of WOFF, and I'm not sure exactly how you'd actually know that (though I can say it'd probably help make things at least look more civil if you weren't using caps).

I'm not sure how well you know me, or for how long, or exactly what I do or do not enjoy. I think (maybe) you're basing it off what you might be inferring from reading here on the forum - but that's hardly comprehensive. I'd be happy to discuss your inquiry, but it doesn't seem altruistic, if we have to start out with that sort of assertion about me.

Sorry I wasn't able to be more concise here. But, as I said, I am happy to discuss it further, if you're really interested in my perspective.

I welcome the chance to continue the dialogue.

Last edited by kksnowbear; 05/04/20 03:09 AM.
#4519386 - 05/04/20 11:37 AM Re: OT: Inquiry for kksnowbear [Re: Stache]  
Stache Offline
Stache  Offline

Michigan, USA
If you would, please directly address the question posed.

Please be brief and to the point.

I'd truly like to understand your motivation.

Last edited by Stache; 05/04/20 11:38 AM.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. A. Einstein

I7-6700k OC 4.4GHZ, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz; Gigabyte Gaming 7 MB, G1 OC'ed GTX980ti; Three-Acer XB271HU WQHD Gsync 144Mhz; Samsung 950-512GB NVMe SSD; WD 2TB-7200rpm; Cooler Master HAF XB EVO, Nepton 240M cooler, V1000 PS; Windows 10 PRO; VKB GunfighterPro Stick; Thrustmaster TPR Pedals; Saitek Throttle; Dual TM MFD panels; TrackIR 5; Windows 10 v1909
#4519992 - 05/07/20 01:41 PM Re: OT: Inquiry for kksnowbear [Re: Stache]  
kksnowbear Offline
kksnowbear  Offline

There is no such thing as genuine understanding without effort. If you've ever had to train someone for a job (or coached a team) where someone says they want to understand, but they don't want to put in the effort, well...I trust we can all do the math.

My perspectives on this matter have been stated many times; if you genuinely want to understand, it's perfectly reasonable to suggest applying your own effort.

But, I honestly wouldn't want anyone to spend a lot of time searching, so I'll do some of the legwork to help get you started. All you have to do is read, which you'd have had to do anyway (seems fair enough).

Therefore, to be as brief as possible, preclude wasted time, save space in the forum views, and as per CyBerkut's advice (HERE) regarding using links instead of re-writing what's already been stated:

LINK

LINK

LINK

LINK

Those cover a good deal of what's necessary to understand my perspective. I'm sure there are others that are relevant, and I'll try to add more as I find it, which will hopefully enhance your understanding even further.

I've provided responses to your questions. If you really have any interest in truly understanding my views, the answers are available - but it requires effort, as is always the case with understanding anything.

#4520058 - 05/07/20 08:33 PM Re: OT: Inquiry for kksnowbear [Re: kksnowbear]  
Stache Offline
Stache  Offline

Michigan, USA
Hi kksnowbear,

I have read your posts.

You seem to be over thinking this request.
Let me see if I can simpify.
I was hoping for something along these lines.
(note these are just examples, please feel free to supply your own)

If this topic is resolved I will be able to...
Enjoy flying WOFF more (assuming you are not enjoying it now.)
Advise your clients better regarding hardware to support WOFF
Be able to sleep at night smile2
Something else?

Why do you need this topic resolved?

Regards,

#4520632 - 05/12/20 12:40 PM Re: OT: Inquiry for kksnowbear [Re: Stache]  
Hellshade Offline
Hellshade
Hellshade  Offline
Hellshade

Florida
Originally Posted by Stache
Hi kksnowbear,

Why do you need this topic resolved?

Regards,

He doesn't even own WOFF anymore, as I recall. I believe he sold his copy. I just put him on ignore a long time ago.

Flying Wings Over Flanders Fields: Between Heaven & Hell II
videos at www.youtube.com/hellshade68

#4520634 - 05/12/20 01:07 PM Re: OT: Inquiry for kksnowbear [Re: Stache]  
kksnowbear Offline
kksnowbear  Offline

Hellshade, I am not sure how you know exactly what I do/do not own (in fact, no one owns WOFF, it's a license). It is absolutely not of your concern what I own, to be perfectly honest. You are apparently basing this on something you read on the forum some time ago, which is neither comprehensive nor authoritative.

However, what is much more recent and factual is that I have provided real and tangible support to this sim and OBD at a level that goes well beyond that from the typical user. Specifically, on that most recent occasion, I chose to contribute directly to OBD for my own reasons - which, again, are not your concern.

Moreover, this particular point has been addressed many times: It is simply not necessary for anyone to own anything to have an opinion about it, be aware of issues with it, or to discuss it in an open forum. Many people know about rust in Chevy Vegas; comparatively few people actually owned one.

I realize it may not suit you, but so long as it's within forum rules there is no reason this discussion cannot take place (and to be perfectly accurate, I didn't start this thread, regardless). The moderators have warned recently about personal attacks, name-calling, and so on. If you have something to contribute, by all means. If you've decided to ignore me, great - your prerogative. I don't believe there's any need to post in this thread just to attack me personally.

#4520638 - 05/12/20 01:40 PM Re: OT: Inquiry for kksnowbear [Re: Stache]  
Polovski Offline
Polovski  Offline

Hotshot

OK this is going nowhere - closing it.

Regards,

Polovski,
OBD Software, developers of immersive flight sims;
Wings Over Flanders Fields and Wings Over The Reich
http://www.overflandersfields.com
http://www.wingsoverthereich.com

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.