Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
#4518763 - 04/29/20 10:14 PM Re: Current State of Game plus referal codes [Re: Master]  
RedOneAlpha Online content
RedOneAlpha  Online Content

LEGE
v3.9.0 is now LIVE (no assets wipe)...

Red

Win10 Pro(x64), i7 8700k @ 4.7Ghz, 32GB ram DDR4, Sapphire Pulse AMD RX 6700 12GB, M.2 PCIe NVMe (x2) 480GB + 960GB, 447GB SSD´s, Samsung G6 32" , Logitech G13, G502, Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Simagic Alpha Mini, and Formula Extreme FX, DC Simracing DC1 pedals, GT Omega ART cockpit, TrackIR 5.0.
AUDIO: Aiyima A07 Max, Topping E50 and L50 stack, Polk Audio Signature Elite ES20 , and Shennheiser HD 560s. DAP: Hiby R3, Hiby Seeds, and iBasso IT01, Sharp MD-MT 80H Minidisc.
#4518834 - 04/30/20 01:12 PM Re: Current State of Game plus referal codes [Re: Master]  
Chucky Online sosad
Veteran
Chucky  Online Sosad
Veteran

UK
Grrrr. STILL a stutter-fest,even on low detail.

Plus now they've added the one thing I hate about any game,eating and drinking mechanics mad

First FD ruined E:D for me and slowly this is going the same way.

I would have loved to have explored the game further (I spawned at Babbage) but the stuttering just drove me to quit.

Why the #%&*$# do they keep adding new stuff when the basic game runs like a 3 legged dog?

My basic PC specs are i5 6600/GTX970/16GB mem/SSD.

Last edited by Chucky; 04/30/20 01:15 PM.

EV's are the Devils matchbox.
#4519303 - 05/03/20 08:15 PM Re: Current State of Game plus referal codes [Re: Chucky]  
Master Offline
meh
Master  Offline
meh
Veteran

Originally Posted by Chucky
Grrrr. STILL a stutter-fest,even on low detail.

Plus now they've added the one thing I hate about any game,eating and drinking mechanics mad

First FD ruined E:D for me and slowly this is going the same way.

I would have loved to have explored the game further (I spawned at Babbage) but the stuttering just drove me to quit.

Why the #%&*$# do they keep adding new stuff when the basic game runs like a 3 legged dog?

My basic PC specs are i5 6600/GTX970/16GB mem/SSD.

I get horrible FPS on all the starting locations. It's annoying and I have no idea why they thought starting every player in the worst FPS sink was a good idea but once you get off planet everything clears up and as long as you stay away from the big planets and stick with the moons and bases it stays smooth for me. If you want we can get on a server and I can fly you off world then you can give it another go.

The eat and drink is once every 3-5 hours depending on activity. To me thats not so bad but I'd have rathered it just buffed you instead of being a survival mechanic.

#4519309 - 05/03/20 08:32 PM Re: Current State of Game plus referal codes [Re: Master]  
Chucky Online sosad
Veteran
Chucky  Online Sosad
Veteran

UK
Yeah,I hadn't looked at the actual eating and drinking mechanics to be honest. In a lot of games it's completely overdone. This doesn't look terrible but I'd still rather it was optional.

I did have a separate thread up about performance issues but I deleted it as I wasn't sure the conclusion I'd come to was right. My system isn't cutting edge (it never was) so I'll just have to accept that I have to run it in 'low' mode and suffer issues in the built-up areas and hopefully they'll optimise the code at some point.

EV's are the Devils matchbox.
#4519328 - 05/03/20 10:31 PM Re: Current State of Game plus referal codes [Re: Chucky]  
Master Offline
meh
Master  Offline
meh
Veteran

Originally Posted by Chucky
Yeah,I hadn't looked at the actual eating and drinking mechanics to be honest. In a lot of games it's completely overdone. This doesn't look terrible but I'd still rather it was optional.

I did have a separate thread up about performance issues but I deleted it as I wasn't sure the conclusion I'd come to was right. My system isn't cutting edge (it never was) so I'll just have to accept that I have to run it in 'low' mode and suffer issues in the built-up areas and hopefully they'll optimise the code at some point.

I think once you get out into space away from the 3 starting worlds performance gets a LOT better. Im on a 7 year old system myself and I get maybe 10fps on those planets but then about 40 out in space even with ships around. You just have to slideshow yourself out of orbit!

#4519534 - 05/04/20 09:31 PM Re: Current State of Game plus referal codes [Re: Master]  
wormfood Online content
wormfood  Online Content

Texas
I think that zone is one graphically one of the harshest of the starting zones. There's a lot of weather and atmospheric effects, much more than any other planet. I think Master is right though, the starting locations are the worst spots of performance in the game.

The food and drink mechanics are annoying and I don't like them in any games. It would be better if you could get food and drink from the landing zones, but many of them have no services. I'm not talking the little shelters either, places like Levski don't sell any food. And even there, it took me awhile to find water. At least it's not like other survival games where you have the metabolism of the Flash and have to eat nonstop.

Mining on ships is currently broken. The asteroids will just vanish once you break them up. There's no current fix, other than to log off, then log in and hope you get a different server/instance where it does work.

#4520372 - 05/10/20 06:32 PM Re: Current State of Game plus referal codes [Re: Master]  
Master Offline
meh
Master  Offline
meh
Veteran

Still having tons of 30ks which is annoying but also having a lot of fun with this patch. The game almost feels ready for prime time except for those #%&*$# server crashes. If they could get a handle on that it would be a lot easier to recommend the game to people.

#4520480 - 05/11/20 03:29 PM Re: Current State of Game plus referal codes [Re: Master]  
Mr_Blastman Offline
Hotshot
Mr_Blastman  Offline
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
I got a 24 hour prison sentence for killing AI NPCs in a mission the game generated and gave me...

Not exactly keen on this whole prison concept. Punishing us to play their game?

That was an entire day of real life I had to wait to play the game again. That or break rocks, which I couldn't...

#4520504 - 05/11/20 04:37 PM Re: Current State of Game plus referal codes [Re: Master]  
wormfood Online content
wormfood  Online Content

Texas
That's unfortunate Blastman. What was the mission?

#4520513 - 05/11/20 05:08 PM Re: Current State of Game plus referal codes [Re: Master]  
Mr_Blastman Offline
Hotshot
Mr_Blastman  Offline
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
The caterpillar rescue prisoner mission.

#4520516 - 05/11/20 05:15 PM Re: Current State of Game plus referal codes [Re: Master]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
It's Q2 2020! How do I sign up for the Squadron 42 beta?! biggrin

No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!
#4520549 - 05/11/20 09:00 PM Re: Current State of Game plus referal codes [Re: Mr_Blastman]  
wormfood Online content
wormfood  Online Content

Texas
Yeah, that does kind of suck. You do a mission and get thrown in jail.

Originally Posted by Mr_Blastman

On the other hand, you did just attack a prison ship and tried to spring the prisoners, so, what did you expect was going to happen?

There's guides on breaking out of prison, it's not too hard, you just have to have someone pick you up on the planet's surface. Then, try to avoid running into bounty hunters.
You could also just try hunting down escaped prisoners. It's dangerous, but pays well.

#4520577 - 05/12/20 12:46 AM Re: Current State of Game plus referal codes [Re: Master]  
Master Offline
meh
Master  Offline
meh
Veteran

Jail is the single best thing to happen to starcitizen and maybe even mmo survival games in general. Two days before the patch I watched people ramming ships at PO with their 890 jumps for literally 2 hours straight. When I finally found a server without people griefing the spawn I fled to daymar where people were camping the vehicle spawn area and blowing you up as soon as you left the no fire zone.

Since 3.9 I've not seen anyone grief the spawn or no fire zones. Yes people still grief and player kill but it is greatly (vastly) reduced to the point that I no longer kill on sight when I run into random players. When you do die from someone you know they are going to have to spend a LOT of time rotting in jail for that 30 seconds of gratification.

Best thing ever... might could still be tweeked a bit. Also, you can take criminal missions just like previously but if you commit a crime in a region with a com sat it's still a crime and you'll still have to do the time. Doesnt matter if the game generated the mission or not. Murder is murder! even if you are murdering other criminals. Especially if you murder police on a prison ship...

Last edited by Master; 05/12/20 12:47 AM.
#4520643 - 05/12/20 02:49 PM Re: Current State of Game plus referal codes [Re: wormfood]  
Mr_Blastman Offline
Hotshot
Mr_Blastman  Offline
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
Originally Posted by wormfood
Yeah, that does kind of suck. You do a mission and get thrown in jail.

On the other hand, you did just attack a prison ship and tried to spring the prisoners, so, what did you expect was going to happen?

There's guides on breaking out of prison, it's not too hard, you just have to have someone pick you up on the planet's surface. Then, try to avoid running into bounty hunters.
You could also just try hunting down escaped prisoners. It's dangerous, but pays well.

This was a game provided mission killing AI, no different than destroying aliens in Space Invaders or robots in Berserk. I did what the game asked me to do, within the framework of the game design, and I was punished harshly with real world consequences--24 hours of downtime, or spend my afternoon mining rocks.

That's not reasonable? Nobody can convince me otherwise. There's no way to rationalize penalizing a player for playing the way the game asks you to. This is insane, retarded, and will ultimately be Star Citizen's downfall if idiotic mechanics and decisions like this are implemented in the game.

Frankly, it doesn't get stupider than this.

Make a game -> punish players for playing your game -> ????

Moronic.

p.s. (not directed at anyone in particular)

Killing AI is not griefing. Killing AI doesn't affect other players. I wasn't pad ramming. I wasn't murderboating random players. I was playing the game within the scope of what it asked me to do.

Pad ramming is griefing. I'm fine with consequences for that.

Piracy is NOT griefing. If you're too greedy to hire other human players to protect your expensive cargo run, you deserve to be robbed and lose your cargo. One can't have infinite profit potential without risks. You don't get to trade for free. The natural penalty for piracy players is their significantly reduced level of income. Throwing them in prison for adding intrigue and excitement to a game is not good gameplay--it only hardens the criminals and makes them nastier and more vengeful. If the stakes are raised to the point folks are banned from the game for playing it in a way developers originally advertised as acceptable ways to play, then those who wish to pirate will do their damnedest to achieve their goals at whatever costs are levied on the innocent traders or miners or explorers or whoever, rather than nice, courteous piracy that could be. The stakes are simply too high.

So those who smugly smile at these implementations, be wary of the consequences, as one bounty hunter learned a night ago.

I was at Kareah removing my crimestat with a cryptokey--because I shot an AI, and just as I finished and my crimestat went away, a bounty hunter barreled into the room, weapon drawn, ready to sink his teeth into his prize. I stood there and waved, and he gunned me down. Soon after he was hauled off to prison to break rocks. I didn't intend for this to happen, but there are others who will, and are already devising ways to send innocents to jail.

Mechanics that punish players for playing a game within the scope of a game with real world consequences are awful design and can only hurt a game's player population.

p.p.s.

Some pirates might be the nicest, kindest and caring folks you may ever meet in real life, but once in a game... the gloves come off.

Last edited by Mr_Blastman; 05/12/20 03:08 PM.
#4520667 - 05/12/20 07:26 PM Re: Current State of Game plus referal codes [Re: Mr_Blastman]  
Master Offline
meh
Master  Offline
meh
Veteran

*edited to a new post that was less agressive.

Last edited by Master; 05/12/20 07:46 PM.
#4520668 - 05/12/20 07:46 PM Re: Current State of Game plus referal codes [Re: Master]  
Master Offline
meh
Master  Offline
meh
Veteran

Mechanics that punish players for playing a game within the scope of a game with real world consequences are awful design and can only hurt a game's player population.

I completely disagree. Now granted the game could have been better at informing you that the mission you are on is a criminal mission that will result in a criminal rating but other than that I have no issue with people lose days of game time for committing crimes. You can explore the prison mechanics to reduce your sentence. if you dont like that then you are SoL and have to wait it out. Does it suck? sure but you should have known that might be the consequence when you got into it with that mission.

Sofar this penal system that vastly reduced the pvp griefing and even wrangled the standard pvp to the point that I feel safe enough to play and learn the game.

Now granted we do need a more open area for people to run amok in and that is coming with pyro (un policed zone) but in a normal system what we have now works brilliantly and even though it might run some players off those are not players I care to play with anyways. This IS the direction the game is going for better or worse. This is just the first iteration though. it will get better/worse and vastly more encompassing down the road.

#4520676 - 05/12/20 09:18 PM Re: Current State of Game plus referal codes [Re: Master]  
Mr_Blastman Offline
Hotshot
Mr_Blastman  Offline
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
Originally Posted by Master

and even wrangled the standard pvp to the point that I feel safe enough to play and learn the game.

Seriously? You need big brother watching over your shoulder to feel safe?

Please.

Ships have guns on them! Use them! Combat is so easy to avoid in Star Citizen and Elite. If you want to run it is as simple as following a few quick steps and you're outta there, nobody can hurt you. Now if you're in a larger ship like a Caterpillar, this may be a lot harder to pull off, what with EMP in the game, but if you have a Caterpillar... then you're wealthy enough to afford players to protect you.

Don't do the trade if the guards won't be paid. wink

Regarding prison, question...

So I should go to prison every time I kill someone in Streets of Rage? How about every koopa troopa I squash in Mario games? I'm in Bowser's Kingdom, after all. Mario should be incarcerated for playing the game the way it is meant to be played?

Last edited by Mr_Blastman; 05/12/20 09:29 PM.
#4520689 - 05/13/20 12:04 AM Re: Current State of Game plus referal codes [Re: Master]  
Master Offline
meh
Master  Offline
meh
Veteran

None of those examples even remotely work for this situation.

In this game, prison IS how it is meant to be played if you commit a crime. If you dont like that dont commit crime in policed space or find a new game. It's not going away. In fact they plan to make it MORE restrictive and all encompassing.

Last edited by Master; 05/13/20 12:04 AM.
#4520691 - 05/13/20 12:35 AM Re: Current State of Game plus referal codes [Re: Master]  
Mr_Blastman Offline
Hotshot
Mr_Blastman  Offline
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
So...

I play the game the way the game missions tell me I should play the game and do as the game asks me to do...

And I get sent to prison for a day or MORE? And this is how the game is supposed to be played?

TOTALLY MAKES SENSE!

LET'S PAY MONEY FOR SOMETHING THAT PUNISHES US FOR PLAYING THE GAME!

Do you not realize how ludicrous that sounds?

#4520737 - 05/13/20 01:30 PM Re: Current State of Game plus referal codes [Re: Master]  
Master Offline
meh
Master  Offline
meh
Veteran

Some people want to play as criminals. You cant play as a criminal without crime and punishment. It's like you are getting angry at the devs of Grand Theft Auto because the police shot you after you murdered a bunch of people and stole several cars.

Your argument makes no sense to me. You took a criminal mission where you were breaking other criminals out of a prison ship and you murdered the prison guards. Yes, it was a mission presented to you by the game and you played it the way the game wanted it played but you accepted a criminal mission. It pays more but also gives you a crime stat. Surprise you got a crimestat for committing crime...

If you dont want that, then dont take crime missions.

Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
CD WOFF
by Britisheh. 03/28/24 08:05 PM
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.