Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#4513083 - 03/27/20 05:51 PM Re: True HP of the 8 most powerful classic era muscle cars [Re: Crane Hunter]  
Crane Hunter Offline
Veteran
Crane Hunter  Offline
Veteran

Master Meme-er

A true power cruiser.

Yikes.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4513109 - 03/27/20 09:49 PM Re: True HP of the 8 most powerful classic era muscle cars [Re: Crane Hunter]  
Zamzow Offline
Zamzow  Offline

Originally Posted by Crane Hunter

A true power cruiser.

Yikes.

Okay, that V8 bike is the only street legal motorcycle I've ever seen that I would be almost afraid to ride. Matter of fact I'd probably be more intimidated by that thing than a full on nitro burning top fuel drag bike.

That is just completely nuts!

#4513129 - 03/28/20 12:40 AM Re: True HP of the 8 most powerful classic era muscle cars [Re: No105_Archie]  
Nixer Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Nixer  Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Veteran

Living with the Trees
Originally Posted by No105_Archie
I can never seem to get photos to appear in posts. Can somebody give me a step by step please ?

I

I'll try Archie.

I use the attachment manager

I upload a picture from my computer with that. I right click on the image I uploaded and copy image address.

I close the attachment mgr, then press "insert image link" on the commands bar (or whatever it is)

I paste the address I copied from the from the image in the attachment mgr.

Then post your stuff to the forum.

Here's the weirdness...

Edit your post right away.

It will be an [img][/img] address for the pic..like

"https://SimHQ.com/forum/tmp/22987.jpg" no quotes or bold, that's me

When you edit it, you change the image code from

"https://SimHQ.com/forum/tmp/22987.jpg"

to

"https://SimHQ.com/forum/files/22987.jpg"

You should get a "full" size pic (not more than 2mb) like this AFTER you edit the image address in the post.

[Linked Image]

Yep. yep

A total pain in the ass!

Sorry about the non car art stuff. No pics of my old Saturn melting in the sun here in sunny FL. Only pic I had quick access to that was less then 2mb.

Attached Files 4x6.jpg
Last edited by Nixer; 03/28/20 12:47 AM.

Censored

Look for me on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook or Tic Toc...or anywhere you may frequent, besides SimHq, on the Global Scam Net. Aka, the internet.
I am not there, never have been or ever will be, but the fruitless search may be more gratifying then the "content" you might otherwise be exposed to.

"There's a sucker born every minute."
Phineas Taylor Barnum

#4513168 - 03/28/20 01:39 PM Re: True HP of the 8 most powerful classic era muscle cars [Re: Crane Hunter]  
Alicatt Offline
Hotshot
Alicatt  Offline
Hotshot

Ice Cold in Alex or Eating in ...
Today my son is getting a good lift out of this, lifting the body off the front engine and subframe

[Linked Image]

Attached Files b2uQHZP.jpg

Chlanna nan con thigibh a so's gheibh sibh feoil
Sons of the hound come here and get flesh
Clan Cameron
#4513169 - 03/28/20 01:53 PM Re: True HP of the 8 most powerful classic era muscle cars [Re: Crane Hunter]  
Crane Hunter Offline
Veteran
Crane Hunter  Offline
Veteran

Master Meme-er
Is that a BMW?

#4513223 - 03/28/20 07:49 PM Re: True HP of the 8 most powerful classic era muscle cars [Re: Crane Hunter]  
Alicatt Offline
Hotshot
Alicatt  Offline
Hotshot

Is that a BMW?

Yes, a 1992 E30 325iX touring all wheel drive.

It belongs to my youngest son, he has been restoring it for the past year.

It needed quite a bit of body work replaced and there are lots of bits not available any longer, and because it is the 4x4 version the body and running gear is just slightly different than the standard 325 so he has had to fabricate quite a bit. The engine is good, and the 4x4 system works, it passed it's motor vehicle test last summer and he was driving it up to last weekend. Now it is time to get the bodywork resprayed and he needs to get the engine bay done too, that's why the engine is out. While it is out he is going to replace all the bushings and rubber mounts while he has easy access to them. just now the car has a lot of red undercoat on it.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

This was taken over a year ago when he started working on it. the bodyshell in the background is a spare for my MG ZT, was bought when MG Rover went bust just so I had a spare.
[Linked Image]

Attached Files HOpKlmj.jpgMZVWUIS.jpgvvqI9o7.jpgaoGCYtsq.jpg
Last edited by Alicatt; 03/28/20 08:05 PM. Reason: to add an earlier picture

Clan Cameron
#4513229 - 03/28/20 08:23 PM Re: True HP of the 8 most powerful classic era muscle cars [Re: Raw Kryptonite]  
Alicatt Offline
Hotshot
Alicatt  Offline
Hotshot

Originally Posted by Raw Kryptonite

That MG Xpower SV(maybe the name as a concept?) was my desktop pic for years.

This turbo SV belongs to John, he was racing at the European king of drag, run what you brung at Chimay in Belgium

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktH94QsZ7Fs

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Attached Files 100_1928.JPG100_1940.JPG100_1961.JPG

Clan Cameron
#4519253 - 05/03/20 02:12 PM Re: True HP of the 8 most powerful classic era muscle cars [Re: Alicatt]  
Alicatt Offline
Hotshot
Alicatt  Offline
Hotshot

Originally Posted by Alicatt
Is that a BMW?

It needed quite a bit of body work replaced and there are lots of bits not available any longer, and because it is the 4x4 version the body and running gear is just slightly different than the standard 325 so he has had to fabricate quite a bit. The engine is good, and the 4x4 system works, it passed it's motor vehicle test last summer and he was driving it up to last weekend. Now it is time to get the bodywork resprayed and he needs to get the engine bay done too, that's why the engine is out. While it is out he is going to replace all the bushings and rubber mounts while he has easy access to them. just now the car has a lot of red undercoat on it.

[Linked Image]

This was taken over a year ago when he started working on it. the bodyshell in the background is a spare for my MG ZT, was bought when MG Rover went bust just so I had a spare.

Wee update:

There was a slight score in one of the cylinders so it had to be re-bored, now my son is rebuilding the engine, it's just about ready to start the re-assembly

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Attached Files 325B1.jpg325B2.jpg
Last edited by Alicatt; 05/03/20 02:13 PM.

Clan Cameron
#4519278 - 05/03/20 04:14 PM Re: True HP of the 8 most powerful classic era muscle cars [Re: Crane Hunter]  
Crane Hunter Offline
Veteran
Crane Hunter  Offline
Veteran

Master Meme-er
^^^

That's a nice looking engine.

Project mission creep is a real thing.

#4519296 - 05/03/20 07:58 PM Re: True HP of the 8 most powerful classic era muscle cars [Re: Alicatt]  
WolverineFW Offline
WolverineFW  Offline

Is that a BMW?

I am more interested in that portable gantry......looks manufactured...is there a brand and model number????

#4519297 - 05/03/20 07:59 PM Re: True HP of the 8 most powerful classic era muscle cars [Re: Nixer]  
WolverineFW Offline
WolverineFW  Offline

Originally Posted by Nixer
Originally Posted by oldgrognard

Electric is the future, so that might be the thing to go with on a restomod.

As much as I LOVE hot exhausts, I have to agree.

0-60 in <3.0 anything seconds is scary fast.

Hmmmm...solar carports...

The newest Mercedes G-Wagon AMG 63 does 0-60 in 3.9 secs.........scary fast in a giant concrete block of an SUV....

#4519308 - 05/03/20 08:28 PM Re: True HP of the 8 most powerful classic era muscle cars [Re: WolverineFW]  
Crane Hunter Offline
Veteran
Crane Hunter  Offline
Veteran

Master Meme-er
Originally Posted by WolverineFW

I am more interested in that portable gantry......looks manufactured...is there a brand and model number????

Looks like a home built engine stand to me, the factory ones are typically painted and have wheels.

#4519364 - 05/04/20 07:27 AM Re: True HP of the 8 most powerful classic era muscle cars [Re: Crane Hunter]  
Alicatt Offline
Hotshot
Alicatt  Offline
Hotshot

Looks like a home built engine stand to me, the factory ones are typically painted and have wheels.

The engine stand is home built, not by my son but by one of his friends for a 4 cylinder engine, the 6cyl BMW is just a little big for it, mounting the engine sideways on it worked smile

The gantry is manufactured and is "portable" it belongs to my son's work and can be put up and taken down by one person, I'll get him to get the details when he comes home tonight. From what is written on it, it is made in Germany.

I don't have a lift in my garage only a pit which is fine for a lot of jobs but I'm finding that with the likes of my Range Rover that to do work on the engine you have to take the body off the chassis, I've seen the garage doing it and they can have the whole body off the chassis in a couple of hours and it is much easier to work on the engine running gear/drive train.

Engine safely home, he rebuilt it in the workshop of his work over the holiday weekend here. Middle son driving his forklift.

Attached Files sWl3uTA.jpg

Clan Cameron
#4519464 - 05/04/20 05:08 PM Re: True HP of the 8 most powerful classic era muscle cars [Re: WolverineFW]  
Alicatt Offline
Hotshot
Alicatt  Offline
Hotshot

Is that a BMW?

It's made by Schilling,

https://www.dlhonline.co.uk/by-brand/schilling

This is the one we were using: https://www.dlhonline.co.uk/by-bran...-model-load-capacity-1000-kg-and-1500-kg

https://www.schillings.com.au/

Clan Cameron
#4519470 - 05/04/20 05:18 PM Re: True HP of the 8 most powerful classic era muscle cars [Re: Crane Hunter]  
Crane Hunter Offline
Veteran
Crane Hunter  Offline
Veteran

Master Meme-er
If I had the motor apart like that, I'd be tempted to do a little head porting and a cam swap at the least.

#4519514 - 05/04/20 08:13 PM Re: True HP of the 8 most powerful classic era muscle cars [Re: Crane Hunter]  
Alicatt Offline
Hotshot
Alicatt  Offline
Hotshot

If I had the motor apart like that, I'd be tempted to do a little head porting and a cam swap at the least.

The parts are on the way, well new cam anyway, there are limits on what you can do to vehicles here, the vehicle has to remain standard, when he registered it, he imported it from Holland, everything was noted down even to the spec of the wheels.

Same when I got the 318i in Germany it was a pain in the butt getting it through the test, the tester did not put all the details in the system and the vehicle licence dep. rejected the car as not meeting standards, had to go back and tear a strip off the tester about it as it was on the original documents and he never entered it into the computer, lucky I took a photocopy of all the docs and could show what was missing.

We got a set of M Sport wheels for the 318i, they are an optional fitment to this model but as I had steel wheels on during the inspection they will have to be on for the next inspection. Oh the joy smile have a search for Auto Keuring Belgium test on You-tube to see what they put the car through, first time I was there I thought they were trying to tear the wheels off with the machine as it pulls, presses, twists and vibrates the suspension to make sure there is no play in it.

Clan Cameron
#4519542 - 05/04/20 10:00 PM Re: True HP of the 8 most powerful classic era muscle cars [Re: Crane Hunter]  
oldgrognard Offline
Administrator
oldgrognard  Offline
Administrator
Lifer

USA
I wouldn’t like living with that kind of restrictions on vehicles.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Someday your life will flash in front of your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
#4519557 - 05/05/20 12:01 AM Re: True HP of the 8 most powerful classic era muscle cars [Re: oldgrognard]  
Alicatt Offline
Hotshot
Alicatt  Offline
Hotshot

Originally Posted by oldgrognard
I wouldn’t like living with that kind of restrictions on vehicles.

It's why my cars are still registered in the UK, especially for the MG with it's supercharger, at least in the UK you can get a single vehicle approval for a highly modified vehicle and the MG is not modified enough to require that smile

When I took in the 318i to the test station in Belgium they listed everything that was in the vehicle, all the documents, the med kit, toolkit, etc. and it means that when I go for it's yearly test they will be looking for them and also that they will be noted down if/when I sell the car and the list given to the new owner.

In Germany there are ways to get round the type approval with the right documents, I remember a lass having to get the right docs from the manufacturers to accompany the mods she had done to her Mustang for drag racing, it took a while but eventually she was able to get it road legal.

For me, in the UK, as long as I have declared the mods to the insurance and they pass inspection/emissions then there is no problem. With my Subaru WRX STi PPP, the PPP part is Prodrive Performance Pack, takes the 2 litre turbocharged engine up to 305bhp at the wheels and it also came with a new exhaust, headers and new suspension. I had no problems with the insurance about the power hike they were on the point of refusing insurance over the suspension mods. Great car to drive but man it was like riding on a pair of 1950s metal wheeled roller skates plus it needed 100octane fuel, and I had to keep a 24 pack of octane boost it the pocket in the trunk beside the water tank for the intercooler spray just in case I could not find 100octane petrol.

My Scooby the day I chopped it in for the Range Rover.

Attached Files _DSC3316.JPG_DSC3320.JPG_DSC3330.JPG

Clan Cameron
#4519569 - 05/05/20 01:26 AM Re: True HP of the 8 most powerful classic era muscle cars [Re: Crane Hunter]  
No105_Archie Offline
No105_Archie  Offline

Veteran

N. Atlantic east of Canada
You can't soup up your own car ? That's amazing

Archie Smythe

carpe diem
#4519572 - 05/05/20 01:45 AM Re: True HP of the 8 most powerful classic era muscle cars [Re: No105_Archie]  
Crane Hunter Offline
Veteran
Crane Hunter  Offline
Veteran

Master Meme-er
Originally Posted by No105_Archie
You can't soup up your own car ? That's amazing

They almost made that the case in Canada in the early '2000s, after a speeding street racer in a "riced out" car collided with and killed an RCMP officer.

All aftermarket modifications to motor vehicles were to be banned, right down to tinted windows and the like.

Only the prospect of major public outcry and the considerable lobbying resources of SEMA was able to prevent it.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.