Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
#4516521 - 04/15/20 04:02 PM Re: Economic Impact Payments - What you need to know [Re: FsFOOT]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
Once you’re on a fiat currency going digital makes no difference.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4516557 - 04/15/20 07:29 PM Re: Economic Impact Payments - What you need to know [Re: malibu43]  
Raw Kryptonite Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Raw Kryptonite  Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran

MS
Originally Posted by malibu43
Got mine this morning. Have already filed my 2019 taxes (did it in Feb) and have filed online for at least 5-10 years.

Same here.

·Steam: Raw Kryptonite ·MWO & Elite Dangerous: Defcon Won ·Meager youtube channel
·Intel i5-9600K ·EVGA GTX1070 FTW 8GB ·EVGA CLC 120 Cooler
·16 GB Patriot Memory VIPER 4 3000MHz ·GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO WiFi Mobo
· CORSAIR CARBIDE AIR 540 case ·BenQ BL3200PT monitor
#4516595 - 04/15/20 11:16 PM Re: Economic Impact Payments - What you need to know [Re: FsFOOT]  
Mr_Blastman Online content
Hotshot
Mr_Blastman  Online Content
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
I put mine in savings today to... pay my taxes.

Using taxes to pay taxes.

smile

#4516605 - 04/15/20 11:47 PM Re: Economic Impact Payments - What you need to know [Re: Mr_Blastman]  
JimK Offline
Veteran
JimK  Offline
Veteran

Spokane,WA
Originally Posted by Mr_Blastman
I put mine in savings today to... pay my taxes.

Using taxes to pay taxes.

smile

That is our plan to. But we are in a bit of sticky spot since we last filed taxes from MN. Moved out here in July. IRS still thinks we are in MN since we have not yet filed our taxes. Yes must pay again.
Looked all over the IRS website as to where to make this change and get led into circles of no help.

Erebus Full Tower:Windows 7 Ult 64bit:Intel� Core� i7
3930K Processor(6x 3.20GHz)32GB[4 GB X8] DDR3-1866:GPU
NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan 6GB:1.5Kw PSU: 43" Sceptre 4k:
LG Blu-ray burner,: hd1/750GB,hd2/2TB,hd3/1TB,hd4/1TB,HD5/4TB

Youtube videos
Flickr Photos
#4516613 - 04/16/20 12:21 AM Re: Economic Impact Payments - What you need to know [Re: FsFOOT]  
NoFlyBoy Offline
Hotshot
NoFlyBoy  Offline
Hotshot

IRS Get My Payment still telling me and other who are eligible and have filed 2018 or 2019 or both and who have prior given the IRS banking information that the agency can't determine our eligibility and there is no way to call the IRS because they shut down their national live help phone number and you will only get an automated message to use the website. Also if you check your status again on Get My Payment, you may also get the message that you have already checked today and to not do it more than once in 24 hours. So at this time I and many others Americans do not know if it's the treasury department is overwhelmed trying to get this money out to everyone who is eligible and eventually we will get our $ or if we got lost in their system and we will never get our money or if we fell into the group that will get paper check in the postal mail beginning April 24th starting with the ones who make 0-10000 a year and on.

[Linked Image]
#4516730 - 04/16/20 05:48 PM Re: Economic Impact Payments - What you need to know [Re: FsFOOT]  
FsFOOT Offline
FsFOOT  Offline

How to Use the Tools on IRS.gov to Get Your Economic Impact Payment

U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and resident aliens are likely eligible for an Economic Impact Payment if they meet all these requirements:

Have a valid Social Security number,
Could not be claimed as a dependent by another taxpayer, and
Had adjusted gross income under certain limits.

Note: Below is all quoted from the IRS page - I added the color comments and markup since cannot do tables with forum UBB code. - FsFOOT

" If you are an eligible individual, use the following chart.

Do I need to use the Non-Filers: Enter Payment Info Here tool?

What can the Get My Payment tool do for me?
https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment
=====================================

you are required to file a federal income tax return for 2019 or 2018,

… and you filed a return for 2019 or 2018 with direct deposit information for your tax refund, and the direct deposit information is current and accurate.

No, do not use Non-Filers: Enter Payment Info Here.

You don’t need to do anything else to get your Economic Impact Payment. You will automatically get your payment deposited directly into your account.

Track the status: You can use the Get My Payment tool on IRS.gov to track the status of your Economic Impact Payment once the IRS has processed your tax return.

… and you filed a return for 2019 or 2018 with direct deposit information for your tax refund but the information is not current or accurate.

No, do not use Non-filers: Enter Payment Info Here.

Generally, if you designated direct deposit on your 2018 or 2019 tax return, the Economic Impact Payment will go to the account number you designated. If the account is no longer active, the IRS will automatically mail your payment to your address of record (this is generally the address on your last return or as updated through the United States Postal Service (USPS)).

Track the status: You can use the Get My Payment tool on IRS.gov to track the status of your Economic Impact Payment once the IRS has processed your tax return.

Note. Get My Payment cannot update bank account information after an Economic Impact Payment has been scheduled for delivery. To help protect against fraud, the tool also does not allow people to change bank account information already on file with the IRS.

… and you filed a tax return for 2019 or 2018, but you owed tax or didn’t choose direct deposit for tax refund.

You don’t need to do anything else to get your Economic Impact Payment in the mail. You may be able to provide direct deposit information to the IRS to get your payment in your bank account instead.

Track the status: You can use the Get My Payment tool on IRS.gov to track the status of your Economic Impact Payment once the IRS has processed your return.

Add direct deposit information: You may be able to use the Get My Payment tool on IRS.gov to provide direct deposit account information once the IRS has processed your return. If this tool doesn’t offer you the option to provide your direct deposit information, it means the IRS will mail your Economic Impact Payment.

… and you have not filed a tax return for either 2019 or 2018 but expect to receive a tax refund.

File your 2019 individual tax return electronically. Choose direct deposit for a faster refund. Your Economic Impact Payment will be sent in the same way you choose to receive your refund unless you specify otherwise.

Track the status: You can use the Get My Payment tool on IRS.gov to track the status of your Economic Impact Payment once the IRS processes your tax return.

Add direct deposit information: If you don’t choose direct deposit when you file your return, you may be able to use the Get My Payment tool on IRS.gov to provide direct deposit account information after the IRS has processed your return. If this tool doesn’t offer you the option to provide your deposit information, it means the IRS will mail your Economic Impact Payment.

… and you have not filed a tax return for either 2019 or 2018 and you expect to owe tax on the return(s).

File your 2019 federal tax return. Your Economic Impact Payment will not be reduced – even if you owe tax.

File electronically for the quickest processing.

For information about paying the tax due with your return, visit IRS.gov/payments.

Track the status: You can use the Get My Payment tool on IRS.gov to track the status of your Economic Impact Payment once the IRS has processed your return.

Add direct deposit information: You may be able to use the Get My Payment tool on IRS.gov to provide direct deposit account information once the IRS has processed your return. If this tool doesn’t offer you the option to provide your direct deposit account information, it means the IRS will mail your Economic Impact Payment.

you are not required to file a federal income tax return for 2019 or 2018

… and you do receive Social Security retirement, disability (SSDI), Supplemental Security Income (SSI) or survivor benefits or Railroad Retirement benefits.

No, you don’t need to use Non-Filers: Enter Payment Info Here.

The IRS will direct deposit or mail your Economic Impact Payment to where you normally receive your benefit.

Track the status: You can use the Get My Payment tool on IRS.gov to track the status of your Economic Impact Payment.

… and you do not receive Social Security retirement, disability (SSDI), Supplemental Security Income (SSI) or survivor benefits or Railroad Retirement benefits.

This may include, but is not limited to, low-income or no-income individuals.

Yes, use the Non-Filers: Enter Payment Info Here tool.

The IRS won’t have the information necessary to issue you an Economic Impact Payment, unless you provide some basic information. Entering your bank account information will allow the IRS to deposit your payment directly in your account. Otherwise, your payment will be mailed to you.

Track the status: You can use the Get My Payment tool on IRS.gov to track the status of your Economic Impact Payment once the IRS processes the information you entered in the Non-Filers: Enter Payment Info Here tool.

Page Last Reviewed or Updated: 16-Apr-2020 "
..END QUOTES.

ps. Note the site is waaaayyyy busy!! and so its likely it won't show your info - this is a waiting line. the get my payment page refreshes only after awhile - then lets you in (be sure to enable javascript in browser).

meanwhile.. maintain internet distancing.. lol!

Last edited by FsFOOT; 04/16/20 05:53 PM. Reason: ps. Note the site is waaaayyyy busy!!
#4516731 - 04/16/20 05:56 PM Re: Economic Impact Payments - What you need to know [Re: FsFOOT]  
FsFOOT Offline
FsFOOT  Offline

also note the caveat,
.. once the IRS has processed your tax return.

#4516753 - 04/16/20 07:51 PM Re: Economic Impact Payments - What you need to know [Re: FsFOOT]  
Raw Kryptonite Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Raw Kryptonite  Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran

MS
Saw on the news that people that used a tax refund advance at one of those tax prep (*not an accountant) places had their incentive sent to the tax prep place, since that's what was on record, as those people got an advance.
On top of that, the business was closed to to the virus going on. That's going to be fun situation to watch get untangled. Those tax prep places are very popular in small towns.

·Steam: Raw Kryptonite ·MWO & Elite Dangerous: Defcon Won ·Meager youtube channel
·Intel i5-9600K ·EVGA GTX1070 FTW 8GB ·EVGA CLC 120 Cooler
·16 GB Patriot Memory VIPER 4 3000MHz ·GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO WiFi Mobo
· CORSAIR CARBIDE AIR 540 case ·BenQ BL3200PT monitor
#4516768 - 04/16/20 10:13 PM Re: Economic Impact Payments - What you need to know [Re: FsFOOT]  
NoFlyBoy Offline
Hotshot
NoFlyBoy  Offline
Hotshot

All those fsFOOT posted do not apply to my situation. I have filed for both 2018 and 2019, provided my banking account and routing number, they took money from it both times. They have my banking info to take money from me and according to the IRS site, that is also the same banking info they will use to direct deposit the stimulus money which I still haven't received. Like many other Americans, when I go to GET MY PAYMENT, https://sa.www4.irs.gov/irfof-wmsp/notice

I am getting one of several error messages that it can't determine my eligibility or that the information I entered doesn't match their record.

By the way, if you enter a fake name with a fake address, fake date of birth and fake social security number, you will still get one of those error messages.

The issue with the IRS GET MY PAYMENT site is being reported by the news but the IRS has not fixed it. People are still reporting problems with it on Twitter: https://twitter.com/hashtag/IRSDirectDeposit?src=hashtag_click&f=live

Some news report says to CALL the IRS but those reporters did not check their facts. If they did they will find out that when you call the IRS now, you will get a recording saying Live Help is not available due to staffing shortage caused by the Coronavirus.

[Linked Image]
#4517438 - 04/21/20 01:45 PM Re: Economic Impact Payments - What you need to know [Re: FsFOOT]  
NoFlyBoy Offline
Hotshot
NoFlyBoy  Offline
Hotshot

Still no $ and the IRS portal https://sa.www4.irs.gov/irfof-wmsp/notice still giving error messages no matter what you enter even if you enter FAKE information, which many said they did just to see what it will do. https://twitter.com/hashtag/IRSDirectDeposit?src=hashtag_click&f=live

According to this article, 80 millions Americans that the IRS have banking info on received their $ last week and the remaining 60 millions will get their money in the postal mail in the form of a paper check beginning this week: https://www.fool.com/investing/2020/04/21/heres-precisely-when-youll-get-your-stimulus-check.aspx

[Linked Image]
#4517445 - 04/21/20 02:19 PM Re: Economic Impact Payments - What you need to know [Re: FsFOOT]  
NoFlyBoy Offline
Hotshot
NoFlyBoy  Offline
Hotshot

Forgot to say above that a couple of news articles said that if you owe in 2018 and 2019 and paid via electronic transfer directly taken out your bank account, the IRS will not use that same account to send the stimulus $ to and you will get a paper check instead .

That makes no sense to me considering many news reports on posts on social media that the IRS sent money to closed accounts, accounts that do not belong to the person they were trying to send the money to and temporary accounts that were set up when people filed their income tax through H R Block or Turbotax to get a refund anticipation loan.

[Linked Image]
#4517528 - 04/21/20 11:24 PM Re: Economic Impact Payments - What you need to know [Re: FsFOOT]  
JimK Offline
Veteran
JimK  Offline
Veteran

Spokane,WA
Since we had to pay in the past few years I guess we will be getting check forwarded from our old address.

Youtube videos
Flickr Photos
#4518114 - 04/25/20 07:23 PM Re: Economic Impact Payments - What you need to know [Re: FsFOOT]  
NoFlyBoy Offline
Hotshot
NoFlyBoy  Offline
Hotshot

So the first time I checked my payment status at 6 am when the IRS portal first went online last week on Wednesday 4/15 it told me it couldn't determine my eligibility. Then that same day I checked several more times and it told me it had no record of me. After that for 10 days from that Wednesday to Thursday day before yesterday it kept telling me no record of me and I already checked my once per each 24 hours period and the site is only updated once a day overnight so I should try again in 24 hours. Yesterday all day it gave me access denied you are not allowed to access his IRS website address on this server.

[Linked Image]

This morning about 5 hours ago, it was back to no record and I already checked my once per 24 hour period and again site is updated once overnight try again in 24 hours.

I decided to not wait 24 hours to try again and I just got this. They even got our bank account number correct. Iheard horror stories of the IRS direct deposit the money into closed accounts, non existing accounts or close accounts.

[Linked Image]

I will believe it when I see the money in my bank account and hopefully they will deposit the correct amount.

So this is evidence that the site is not only updated once a day overnight and you can check more than once per each 24 hours period.

[Linked Image]
#4518583 - 04/28/20 08:45 PM Re: Economic Impact Payments - What you need to know [Re: FsFOOT]  
JimK Offline
Veteran
JimK  Offline
Veteran

Spokane,WA
It finally let me enter our info and update online banking info. Now the wait till its deposited

Youtube videos
Flickr Photos
#4518584 - 04/28/20 08:49 PM Re: Economic Impact Payments - What you need to know [Re: FsFOOT]  
Nixer Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Nixer  Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Veteran

Living with the Trees
Mine says deposit inbound tomorrow.

First $120 is going for an anti-body test.

Censored

Look for me on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook or Tic Toc...or anywhere you may frequent, besides SimHq, on the Global Scam Net. Aka, the internet.
I am not there, never have been or ever will be, but the fruitless search may be more gratifying then the "content" you might otherwise be exposed to.

"There's a sucker born every minute."
Phineas Taylor Barnum

#4518586 - 04/28/20 09:04 PM Re: Economic Impact Payments - What you need to know [Re: FsFOOT]  
NoFlyBoy Offline
Hotshot
NoFlyBoy  Offline
Hotshot

I checked it again yesterday and it changed from the screen above to deposit tomorrow.

Originally Posted by Nixer
Mine says deposit inbound tomorrow.

First $120 is going for an anti-body test.

We are saving it for food. This virus is not over. Things might turn bad before it ends.

I saw one of our neighbors bought a new TV. He has a gigantic empty box sitting in his patio sticking out over the fence.

[Linked Image]
#4518589 - 04/28/20 09:27 PM Re: Economic Impact Payments - What you need to know [Re: FsFOOT]  
rwatson Offline
Hotshot
rwatson  Offline
Hotshot

New Concord, Ohio
I don't have a checking account so not sure if I should put down my savings account..I'll donate some to the Wounded Warriors project on top of my monthly donation and save the rest..I live alone so food isn't a big expense ,,Always like to have enough set aside if the computer dies..

Russ
Semper Fi
#4518594 - 04/28/20 09:49 PM Re: Economic Impact Payments - What you need to know [Re: FsFOOT]  
NoFlyBoy Offline
Hotshot
NoFlyBoy  Offline
Hotshot

Just read this: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tr...lants-open-amid-fears-of-supply-shortage Everything else is still closed so can't spend it anywhere other than at a grocery stores or at a take out restaurant and we haven't gotten any take out food except for pizza delivery once. I also notice one of my other neighbors got doorbell cameras install on front door and side door. People who use that money to buy a TV or other luxuries are fools.

[Linked Image]
#4518595 - 04/28/20 09:53 PM Re: Economic Impact Payments - What you need to know [Re: FsFOOT]  
rwatson Offline
Hotshot
rwatson  Offline
Hotshot

New Concord, Ohio
Yeah and they are the ones who will crying the loudest for another check..down the road

Russ
Semper Fi
#4518597 - 04/28/20 10:05 PM Re: Economic Impact Payments - What you need to know [Re: FsFOOT]  
F4UDash4 Online cool
Veteran
F4UDash4  Online Cool
Veteran

SC
I submitted my tax return about 6 weeks ago. I was getting back a couple of hundred from both state and federal, got the state money in about a week. I had forgotten about the federal money and when I checked it is still pending, thus I have also not received a COVID19 check either.

"In the vast library of socialist books, there’s not a single volume on how to create wealth, only how to take and “redistribute” it.” - David Horowitz
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.