Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 168 of 366 1 2 166 167 168 169 170 365 366
#4518443 - 04/28/20 01:09 AM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) ***** [Re: Raine]  
carrick58 Offline
Hotshot
carrick58  Offline
Hotshot

Full of it: 1 Rfc is running low on machines, ( might get 1 or 2 a/c by 1 May ) not to mention, The Rum allowance didnt come up with the Rations The mess only has Port wine and Vanilla extract for alcohol The replacement pilots are only haft trained. No females within 30 miles, except the dancers up at Corps Hq Officers Club However , We did get a lot of paint and swing blades for grass cutting along with heavy woolen clothing for Winter Wear.

#4518472 - 04/28/20 11:52 AM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
Fullofit Offline
Fullofit  Offline

Ajax, ON
Carrick, my pilot may end up in the same situation. Except here I’m running low on pilots. Each mission I return with less and less of them.

"Take the cylinder out of my kidneys,
The connecting rod out of my brain, my brain,
From out of my arse take the camshaft,
And assemble the engine again."
#4518476 - 04/28/20 12:19 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

Between collisions and Archie and woundings and shortages of planes and pilots, it’s a miracle any of our boys are flying at the moment.

Carrick – The last supply shipment Nigel’s crew received seems apropos somehow. This whole month has been a royal cock-up. But alcohol shortages! The unkindest cut of all.

Fullofit – Toby 2 appears to be getting the hang of that DH4, knocking down Albs with it almost as if it were a scout plane, almost. I hope he saved that chewed up rudder from the other day as a souvenir.

Raine – Good to see Mike is on the mend and his back is getting better. And the General stopped by personally to wish him well? Your man’s caught the right attention there. As for Bishop and his fawning over Boom, Billy’s story could be “A Brownnoser’s War”.

Lederhosen – Great to see Willi back in the thick of it. Too bad his extended absence cost him the promotion. But I bet he’ll be back in form and commanding his own jasta in no time.

Captain Swanson’s plane was a total write-off after the Archie hit and following landing, hardly good for spare parts with everything shattered as it was. He’s managed two sorties since, having to borrow mounts due to the shortages. He did knock down an old Alb D.II and is waiting on confirmation, but apart from that there’s been little further excitement. Trenchard did NOT pay him a visit.

#4518483 - 04/28/20 12:56 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
Fullofit Offline
Fullofit  Offline

Ajax, ON
Lou, what the heck did Swany do to not deserve a visit from the General? It couldn’t have anything to do with a certain paint job?
Still encountering D.II’s? You’re lucky you haven’t seen any Halberstadts lately. That would have been a sorry sight.
Toby is getting used to this large “scout”, but there is something wonky with the rudder. I think Dobbs needs to have another look at it.

#4518492 - 04/28/20 01:15 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

Nah, that can't be it Fullofit. I'll bet it's because of that night in the Officers' Mess during drinks when he made fun of the General's soup-strainer mustache, though how that got back to Trenchard is a mystery. Ball wasn't even there.

#4518496 - 04/28/20 01:24 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
Raine Offline
Raine  Offline

New Brunswick, Canada
And Swany sticking the "Kick Me" sign on Boom. There's that.

#4518498 - 04/28/20 01:35 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

Oh, you knew about that, eh? And Swany thought he was being so sneaky too.

#4518499 - 04/28/20 01:49 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
lederhosen Offline
lederhosen  Offline

Germany
Willi waved towards the Balloon Abt. below. He made a mental note of the location for his AAReport. Now came a wave of exhaustion. His already weakened lungs worked even harder as did his heart. All of a sudden Willi felt cold all over. His cloths, full of perspiration, stuck to his skin and the wind of the propeller blasting what body heat he had away. A quick look around revealed a nasty set of bullet holes just over his right shoulder, just short of the top plane radiator. By the size of the holes Willi knew that the SE5 was firing Buckingham at him. The Tommy would deny this of-course.

The whole fight went through his mind. First finding a large flight of Spads low over Marquette. They either didn’t see the two Albs up high or were looking for something else. Two others did take offence to the Hun presence, a N17 and a SE5. They left the protection of the Spads and climbed upwards. Willi smiled to himself, almost laughing a little, He was pleased that his plan worked. Willi knew they were looking for a scrap and so he lead them over the lines and back towards the Balloon section at Wasquehal. If all went wrong then the ground fire could step in and hold the two “Fox Hounds” at bay. Finally, when over the Balloon, Willi suddenly jerked his Alb hard left and towards the 2 EA. He remembered waving “Steuber” to attack. The fear he felt then now returned, making him flush and feel warm again. Willi had been away too long and he knew it. The N17 Pilot was good….to good in-fact. And then the SE5 arrived, blazing away with his illegal ammunition. Steuber must of forced the N17 down a little so that Willi could battle the SE5. It was an ugly brute to the eye but it flew well and had a better power plant. In the right hands a mighty adversary, but not today. The pilot made and error and Willi got in a snap shot as they passed each other. Looking back Willi saw the Tommy fly straight for the lines and away. Perhaps a lucky shot, nerves, who knows. Now the N17 was back, and Steuber no where around. By now Willi knew that he was back in the saddle once more. His movements matching those of his Alby. It was a long fight, and now ground fire was taking its toll on the N17. Willi imagined the EA in front of his sights once more, watching the tracer trails landing one after the other into the front of the N17.

Barsee Airfield:
Willi climbed out of his cockpit and down the wooden ladder held by his mechanics. He smiled and started removing his flying kit. In the distance he could see OFFstv. Gustove Steuber walking over from the Jasta HQ. Gustov had removed his flying kit but his face still had the tell tale signs that he had also been up not long ago. But his facial expression seemed rather sour to Willi.

“Und Herr Offizierstellvetreter Steuber, you don’t look very pleased with yourself. Where were you 30min ago ?”

“Herr Leutnant I don’t understand. You waved me off. I made one pass at the N17 and did what you ordered.”

“Did what I ordered? I’ll admit that I’ve been away too long , yes, but I’m quite sure my arm signals are up to date Herr Steuber. My only hope of claiming the Tommy is that an Officer at the Balloon Abt. Says he saw what happened.”

“That wont be necessary Herr Ltn. The Balloon section at Wasquehal already claims the EA and report that its Pilot admitted that it was ground fire that forced him to land and not you Sir.” Willi detected a slight undertone of resistance from Steuber, a challenge if you will, and one that Willi could not allow.

“So so Herr Steuber. First you abandon me and then you allow others to take my victory too. My arm signal was quite clear. It was a 2 on 2, even odds, one each I reckoned, or so I had thought. I’m not going to question your resolve Steuber, but perhaps your ‘misunderstanding’ .”

“Herr Leutnant I must protest. It is I who could rightly be-leave that your resolve back there was questionable.”

“How so Herr Steuber?”

“Why did you turn and flee when they challenged us Herr Leutnant. We had the advantage of height , wind and sun on our side. As you said, we each had an adversary. Why did we run? Did your moral sense return later as you realized that this could be seen as cowardice Herr Leutnant?”

The men who had been standing around started to leave without being dismissed, this was no place for them any more.
“Cowardice ! …you're a fool Herr Steuber. The Tommy is a special breed of “Sportsman” Steuber. Once he gets his feathers up he’ll follow you into Hell if he must. He’s not like our Franzmänner, he’s a bull dog and wont let go, brave but dumb. We needed ground confirmation to make any claims and the nearest where the Balloon Abt at Wasquehal. I gave the order to attack, and you let me down. I can’t prove this of course, but you know I’m right.”

“Well until we receive a new CO, I’m still the acting CO. I too will not mention this episode Herr Leutnant, and your claim will be rejected, should you decide to go forward with it. In fact, we don’t need people like you around hear. It’s your sort that got us into this mess in the first place.”

Willi felt a surge of hate emerge within himself. He wanted to take a big swing at Steuber, but Willi was an Offizier and such behaviour would go against him no matter the reason. He also knew that men like Steuber could be found in ever increasing numbers.

Attached Files a.jpgb.jpgc.jpgc1.jpgd.jpge.jpgf.jpg
Last edited by lederhosen; 05/01/20 09:04 AM.

make mistakes and learn from them

I5 4440 3.1Ghz, Asrock B85m Pro3, Gtx 1060 3GB
#4518507 - 04/28/20 02:11 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

Lederhosen - Willi's CO seems a real piece of work. I sense it's only going to get worse between those two men. Love the screenshots, and Willi's personal livery is outstanding!

#4518610 - 04/29/20 01:02 AM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
carrick58 Offline
Hotshot
carrick58  Offline
Hotshot

Good stories all.

#4518640 - 04/29/20 11:55 AM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

29 April 1917
66 Squadron R.F.C.
Vert Galand, France

Captain Swanson is on his way to the depot at St. Omer to bring back a new Pup as the squadron is woefully short on planes, as well as pilots. He is in a sullen mood, he lost his wingman yesterday. Over the last few weeks he and Lieutenant Oliver Corruthers had grown into a fairly good fighting team. But now the lad is gone, one more young man who won't be coming home. The following tells how it happened during yesterday's dawn patrol.

Lifting up from the field at first light. A beautiful and serene sunrise that belied the carnage and chaos soon to follow.
[Linked Image]

As B Flight is approaching the lines southeast of Arras Captain Swanson spots six Albatri well above them. He watches and waits as the Hun formulate their attack on the five Pups.
[Linked Image]

Several tense minutes pass before the Boche dive down and the battle goes into full swing. Dammit, those red noses again! Swany quickly gains the advantage on one of the Albs, its pilot clearly a green one.
[Linked Image]

The Captain places a solid volley into the engine and cockpit of his target at which point it literally explodes and falls to earth in pieces.
[Linked Image]

Looking around Swanson spots his wingman in trouble as two Hun are ganging up on him. The Captain presses forward as fast as he can but watches helplessly as the Albs send Corruthers down.
[Linked Image]

Swany unleases his Vickers on the closest Hun, scaring him off, then goes after the second. But this fellow is up for the fight and the two opponents go round and round nearly to the treetops before the King's airman at last gains the advantage. The Captain sees his shots find their mark and the Hun pilot slumps back in his seat as the Alb noses down into the sod.
[Linked Image]

Low on ammo, Swanson turns to land at Boiry St. Martin but as he does so he spots one more Albatros very near and making a run for the lines. Swany gives chase and sends his remaining rounds into the scarlet beak of the fleeing Boche.
[Linked Image]

The Captain watches with frustration as his prey continues to fly on, but then brief moments later sees the Alb suddenly burst into flames. "Burn you sonofabitch!" the war-weary ace shouts above the noise.
[Linked Image]

Swany turns back towards Boiry St. Martin once more and as he lands sees two smoke columns rising. After shutting off and climbing down from his mount, exhausted from the insanity that had just occurred, he learns that the wreck on the field is the Pup of his wingman. Corruthers is gone, and two other men of B Flight are wounded, Lieutenants Montgomery and Oxspring, with both of their kites wrecked as well. It had been a costly show for both sides.
[Linked Image]

#4518645 - 04/29/20 12:04 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
Fullofit Offline
Fullofit  Offline

Ajax, ON
Lou, when will those Huns learn? Bloody April is a misunderstood term and the German propaganda worked wonders to turn it around. Congrats on ... I can’t even count that high. How many did Swany swat this time? Too bad about the wingman. Another one is probably already waiting in ... the wings to take his place. Those sunrises are lovely, aren’t they?

#4518647 - 04/29/20 12:15 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

Yes Fullofit, those sunrises are quite lovely. To Swany's tally, he put in for those three yesterday morning and because they all fell right around Boiry St. Martin there were lots of witnesses and all were confirmed. With those his total for this past month is an insane 45 claims filed with 31 confirmed. It was Bloody April for both sides from the looks of it here, no matter what the Hun propaganda mill may be touting.

#4518655 - 04/29/20 12:45 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
Fullofit Offline
Fullofit  Offline

Ajax, ON
Lou, that is a very nice haul. Compares favourably to the scores of the entire Jastas in April. Don’t tell Kaiser.

#4518656 - 04/29/20 12:58 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

Mum's the word.

#4518738 - 04/29/20 08:16 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
MFair Offline
MFair  Offline

Wow! Things have been happening! I still have not caught up completely. Good to see Willi back in the fray, it does not matter what machine Toby is in for Huns to fall out of the sky and the Archie boys are trying their best to do in one of the RFC’s best pilots. It great to be back in the skies Gents.

Ltn. Gunther Ganz
Jasta 6, Wassigny
April 29, 1917

Ganz was tired. After 2 weeks of inactivity, the fatigue was showing after 2 missions for the day. It had been beautiful flying weather. The first show was at 5am and it was great to be back up in the fresh air. Ganz led his flight of 5 machines for a patrol of the lines west of St. Quentin. On the second round he noticed 5 Nieuports low on a parallel course over the hostile trenches. “I’m not that big of a fool” he thought as he continued south on the patrol. The EA finally turned west and Ganz kept scanning the clear blue for any other contacts. Turning back north Ganz noticed something ahead and a few thousand ft. below. Sure enough, the seven Nieuports were sneaking across the lines. He looked around at his flight. Hollar, Ey, Kuppert and Schubert. All seasoned pilots. Ganz signaled and the flight went into a shallow dive. The sun was not in their favor but that’s the only thing that wasn’t. The five Albatros were soon in a screaming dive. The Nieuports were no rookies either as before Ganz could close the range they scattered like a covey of quail. The next few minutes were chaos. Ganz pulled up to gain back his height and dove down on one of the Nieuports. He was sure he had damaged it but had no time to pursue as another was coming around on him. He had enough speed to reverse and ended up on his tail but the Nieuport pilot was good and never let Ganz get a sure shot. All the Nieuports soon gave up and headed west. As the fight had gone down to low altitude over no mans land it would be foolish to follow as the enemy trenches would surely make short work of any enemy machine at this altitude. Ganz was suddenly exhausted. His leg ached. His head ached. He took a deep breath and climbed East with his flight joining. Back at Wassigny they were all in good spirits. They had fought 7 Nieuports to draw and sent them packing. The afternoon patrol was non eventful. As the young flier lay his aching body on the bed he thought, “it’s good to be back where I belong.”

Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear or a fool from either end.
BOC Member since....I can't remember!
#4518766 - 04/29/20 10:25 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
Fullofit Offline
Fullofit  Offline

Ajax, ON
MFair, good to see Ganz back in the air. I am glad he is taking it seriously this time and not taking any chances over the trenches. No need for another lame leg.

29 April, 1917 04:50 morning mission
St. Pol-sur-Mer, Flanders Sector
RNAS-2
SC Tobias Chester Mulberry VC, DSC&Bar, DSO&Bar, L d’H
11.5 confirmed kills

The Albatros from yesterday has been confirmed.
More DH.4’s arrived at the aerodrome. Finally Toby won’t have to fly at a snail’s pace so that the Strutters can keep up. It will be different now.
Finally a proper mission. They are to bomb enemy troop camp near Ghistelles. 4 Pups from RNAS-4 will provide escort. No more sulking around.
The Pups showed up late at the rendezvous point, but better late than never. Toby dropped his bombs on the potato heads at the enemy camp and turned for home. Near Bray Dunes Toby encountered two Huns returning from their hunt and flying in the opposite direction. Their day wasn’t over. The first Hun was flying high and seemed to leave Toby alone, but the trailing one had burning two-seaters on his mind. The two planes merged with the British Ace drawing first blood. The Hun was helpless and finally fell to Toby’s gun.

YouTube Link

Next, Mulberry saw his Pup escort flying by and as they passed him he noticed the other Albatros coming back at him. He smiled, knowing the 4 Pups will make mince meat out of him. But as he continued to watch his glee turned to disgust. The Pups continued on as if nothing was ever out of place. Bloody drunks! Mulberry clenched his teeth and prepare for another battle. The Albatros came straight at him and more fire was exchanged. After a few circles around one another and more fire, the Albatros was ready to withdraw, but it wouldn’t be this easy. Toby nearly lost his target among the trees, but finally reacquired it and damaged it further. The German machine slowed down and came along the bomber. Toby’s gunner, Godard only waited for this opportunity. He fired no more than a handful of rounds before the German machine was engulfed in flames and promptly fell down just below.

YouTube Link

When they landed Goddard would tell anyone who cared to listen that he singlehandedly shot down a Hun with just three bullets. Toby didn’t say anything. He just smiled. Perhaps now his gunner will be less reluctant to use the machine gun.

29 April, 1917 13:30 afternoon mission
St. Pol-sur-Mer, Flanders Sector
RNAS-2
SC Tobias Chester Mulberry VC, DSC&Bar, DSO&Bar, L d’H
11.5 confirmed kills
Awaiting two victory confirmations

The HQ has sent them to bomb Roulers junction again. Probably to keep it fresh in the enemy’s memory. Toby would be the only one in ‘B’ flight and FL Clough would make up ‘A’ flight. They all would be escorted by a pair of Strutters from RFC-43. The bombing run went very well and the Huns will remember this day for a long time to come, or until the next attack. Toby was returning to St. Pol when he noticed some movement over the airfield. Then Archie “spoiled” the surprise. Huns were waiting for them to return. In fact there was only one Hun in a red and black Albatros and he was chasing Flight Lieutenant Clough from ‘A’ flight, who managed to return ahead of Toby. Mulberry didn’t think (twice) and threw his machine headlong into the action below. He was soon firing on the Hun, who in turn was attempting to get into position to eliminate Clough. Toby’s rounds found their target and the Boche had to disengage. He was mad and came after Toby to retaliate, but it wasn’t so easy. He eventually decided to abandon his hunt and return to base, but it wasn’t so easy. The heavy bomber was much faster in a dive and caught up to the red and black scout rather quickly. Toby was now punishing the German pilot for hunting this deep into enemy territory. The Albatros, along with its dead pilot, went down west of Dunkirk.

YouTube Link

#4518771 - 04/29/20 11:34 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
Maeran Offline
Maeran  Offline

UK
I haven't had much free time lately, RL is crazy right now. For some time, what little flying time I have had hasn't been producing much to write about. But now I do finally have a story.
------------------------------------

21st April 1917
The officers mess at Filescamp was a bit of a mess. The busy flying of the offensive left pilots tired and slumped into various chairs with little respect for tidiness.
Bishop threw himself wearily down into a vacant chair. His face still had whale grease in the corners, tinted with dark soot.
“Wags. Good to see you. How did the patrol go for you?”
Stanley folded the week old newspaper down and looked at the Canadian. He had mixed feelings about Bishop. The man had arrived a month ago and crashed several Nieuports. His flying had been so bad that General Higgins had ordered him to return to England for further training. Before he could go, Bishop had got his first victory. Once he started, it seemed the Canadian cavalryman could not stop. Now it was six confirmed kills and Bishop had been made a flight commander.
Captain William Stanley had eight kills, which he had slowly accrued over a year at the front. He deeply resented Bishop's rapid success, but the man was so very charming.
“We chased off a Hun two seater,”Stanley replied. “The new engines are better, but we still can’t catch anything in a chase.”
“That’s true,” Bishop nodded. “I’ve found surprise is the only way. I got another Aviatik today.”
Stanley’s smile was brittle. “Well done! I believe that is seven.”
“It is. Say; I’ve heard you were over here in the cavalry back in ’14.” Bishop wiggled in his seat to get comfortable. “I left the cavalry because we couldn’t do anything with our horses. Did you ever get to charge?”
“Not charge, no.” It wasn’t the first time that Stanley had spotted Bishop trying to put others at their ease with an affable chat. He was good at it, Stanley acknowledged. “Part of the Cavalry division did charge at Mons, but we were still coming up to the front on that day. I first saw action at le Cateau a few days later. That was standard modern cavalry action. Advance on horse and then dismount and engage on foot. It wasn’t what I expected.” Stanley gazed into nothing very much. “It was only two and a half years ago. Seems like longer.”

The BE2s were chugging slowly along the line. When he glanced down, Stanley could see the pilots checking their cameras before taking another plate.
Above them, three shark-like shapes darted out from the white clouds. Albatros scouts.

Stanley waggled his wings as a signal to Lloyd, Molesworth and Fry. The fight was on.
The Nieuports were nimble and could out turn the heavier Albatros. But the difference in the turn was not as great as Stanley would have liked. The German’s had an edge on speed however, and Stanley’s first opponent broke for home. The range was too great for anything better than a lucky shot. Stanley gritted his teeth. Another one escapes!

Stanley was left alone on the eastern side of the cloud bank. No allied machines to be seen. No Germans either.

Then Stanley spotted something. A lone Albatros streaking east low and straight. Someone was running for home. Stanley was not going to miss this one!
Pushing his stick forward, Stanley dived to the attack.
The first pass was nearly head on. The two aeroplanes approached one another with dizzying speed. Stanley pulled on the trigger lever and the Lewis gun above him stuttered a salvo that seemed to completely miss the oncoming enemy machine, which roared past unharmed.

As he pulled up and turned Stanley knew that he still had the energy advantage. One climbing turn and he could have another go. This Hun would not escape!

A pair of wheels came into view from Stanley's right, instantly followed by the lower plane of the German scout. It was too close. Stanley saw the propeller blade whirring close.

The blow seemed to blind Stanley for a moment. Blood streaked across his goggles and pain filled his world. He saw the Albratros pulling away. Somehow unharmed.
[Linked Image]
Stanley could not move. His arms and legs seemed to belong to someone else. His head lolled to one side and he saw that part of the wing was missing. The Nieuport span. Stanley could do nothing in the sickening whirl.
Night came early for Stanley. He passed out before the aeroplane reached the ground.
[Linked Image]

Final figures for Captain William AG Stanley
60 squadron RFC, Filescamp Farm
155 missions, 166.78 hours of which 155 were on active duty
8 confirmed victories in 19 claims.
Killed in action 21st April 1917

#4518791 - 04/30/20 07:05 AM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
lederhosen Offline
lederhosen  Offline

Germany
Monthly update

[Linked Image]

Last edited by lederhosen; 04/30/20 07:07 AM.

make mistakes and learn from them

I5 4440 3.1Ghz, Asrock B85m Pro3, Gtx 1060 3GB
#4518819 - 04/30/20 12:20 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

MFair - It's great to see Gunther has recovered and can get back into it. From the sounds of it he still needs to take it a bit easy though, so here's hoping he and his crew aren't pushed too hard for a while.

Fullofit - It didn't take long for Toby to sort out his new bus and get back to his old ways. A big finish for the month.

Maeran - You come back only to have poor Stanley killed. So sad, just one more casualty of Bloody April.

Lederhosen - Thanks for posting Willi's stats. Everyone else please remember to do the same for your pilots.

30 April 1917
66 Squadron R.F.C.
Vert Galand, France

Captain Swanson was spent, as was nearly everyone else in camp. The month had taken its toll on pilots, ground crews, and planes. All concerned hoped and prayed that May would be better. Swany had flown his new mount back from St. Omer late yesterday afternoon and the AMs had gotten to work on it immediately upon its arrival. The Captain told them not to worry about his old livery, he knew they had better things to do. He asked they simply get it tuned and trimmed for him so that it would be ready for the next day's sorties. He added that if they had the time and could paint the letter 'S' on it for him he'd be most appreciative. Sergeant Bingham, who'd been serving recently as Swany's lead Ack Emma, went the extra mile and gave the new kite blue tail feathers with a red and white band round the fuselage that matched the Captain's old mount, along with tri-colored wheel spats and a blue cowl. It wasn't anything like his last circus wagon but at least it had some personality to it. When Swany saw it wheeled out of the shed this morning he thanked the Sergeant for his thoughtfulness and promised to stand him and his men to rounds that evening.

[Linked Image]

Two uneventful patrols saw B Flight through the last day of Bloody April, thankfully. The Hun must have been as tired and worn out as the King's airmen, no enemy planes were spotted on either outing. The only thing going on was a massive barrage of the lines at Loos. The PBI were catching hell there.

End-of-month stats for April:

Captain Randolph Arvid Swanson, VC DSO MC&Bar CdG
66 Squadron RFC
Vert Galand, France
Sopwith Pup
83 kills, 131 claims
470.56 hours
336 missions

Page 168 of 366 1 2 166 167 168 169 170 365 366

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles