Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#4518404 - 04/27/20 08:40 PM Re: OT: CPU Speed [Re: orbyxP]  
kksnowbear Online content
kksnowbear  Online Content

It's a personal attack, Lou, replete with name-calling which is explicitly against the forum rules. That's all. Ad hominem, and not the first time.

Guess we'll see how the mods handle this.

#4518408 - 04/27/20 08:56 PM Re: OT: CPU Speed [Re: orbyxP]  

I recommend anyone looking at computer gaming should consider used parts because they represent a much better dollar for dollar value than over-inflated retail prices for the newest hardware.

Also, based on my years of professional experience and training, I understand these highly reliable components can provide years of service even if bought used.

I made such recommendations for years before I ever sold anything. I also buy used parts, so my involvement is not about trying to sell anything. Anyone I offer anything to is reminded of all options.

In fact, in the last two days I've just spent many hours helping someone who is buying new parts, from another source, and that was understood way up front - but I helped him with his decision anyway.

Any offer I make will also generally include options for new parts, if it's a viable option. I have built numerous systems with new parts bought by others, acting solely as assembly labor and advisor, and I'm always happy to do that, too.

This has nothing to do with me selling anything.

Last edited by kksnowbear; 04/27/20 09:01 PM.
#4518413 - 04/27/20 09:11 PM Re: OT: CPU Speed [Re: orbyxP]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man
RAF_Louvert  Offline
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man

L'Etoile du Nord

Well, for what it's worth, I've never bought one, single, solitary thing from you KK. Yet any time I've had a computer issue or needed advice on a possible component purchase or system build and asked here, you were one of the first to provide assistance, and you kept on providing that assistance until I got things sorted out and working properly.

Are you opinionated? Yup.

Do you rub people the wrong way sometimes? Yup yup.

Do you know your stuff when it comes to building first-rate gaming rigs at budget prices. Absolutely, yup yup yup.

#4518417 - 04/27/20 09:23 PM Re: OT: CPU Speed [Re: RAF_Louvert]  

Originally Posted by RAF_Louvert
. Well, for what it's worth, I've never bought one, single, solitary thing from you KK. Yet any time I've had a computer issue or needed advice on a possible component purchase or system build and asked here, you were one of the first to provide assistance, and you kept on providing that assistance until I got things sorted out and working properly.

Are you opinionated? Yup.

Do you rub people the wrong way sometimes? Yup yup.

Do you know your stuff when it comes to building first-rate gaming rigs at budget prices. Absolutely, yup yup yup. .

Mighty kind, Lou. I appreciate your honesty (yup, all of it biggrin ).

BTW the person I helped over the last two days is also right here on the forum smile There have been others, but even though I've been accused of 'bragging', no one really ever hears anything about it when I'm helping people, as it's largely done in private.

Does it always involve used parts? Nope.

Have I ever recommended new stuff? Yup, plenty.

Have I bought more used stuff here than I've sold? Probably. Most likely. Almost without doubt biggrin

Have I had forum members at my house, breaking bread at my table, and spent time teaching them first-hand, one-on-one how to do micro-min solder work? Yup.

But clearly, I'm just out to sell stuff here.

Last edited by kksnowbear; 04/27/20 09:25 PM.
#4518445 - 04/28/20 03:19 AM Re: OT: CPU Speed [Re: Panama Red]  
CyBerkut Offline
Administrator
CyBerkut  Offline
Administrator
Hotshot

Florida
Originally Posted by Panama Red
You have to remember that kknowsitall talks about USED PC parts because he sells used PC parts, so naturally he thinks those are better. biggrin

Knock it off with the name calling.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse