Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4517260 - 04/20/20 12:23 AM I told ya'll the "squeeze" would work!  
Nixer Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Nixer  Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Veteran

Living with the Trees

So here I have been doing my best to keep my immune system up.

Massachusetts starts testing homeless shelter folks and hundreds have it and no symptoms!

https://www.boston25news.com/news/c...less-shelter/Z253TFBO6RG4HCUAARBO4YWO64/

https://www.wbur.org/news/2020/04/17/worcester-homeless-population-covid-19-coronavirus

Oh, the "squeeze" for those who don't know:

https://books.google.com/books?id=K...andromeda%20strain%20squeeze&f=false

So...I have been being good for a while. The heck with that! Drinking (not posting late, promise) tonite.

Bear with me for a wild theory here...

Seems the really sick people get sick because of the war between the virus and their immune system.

What segment of the US population would you expect to have the WORST immune system?

Yep, homeless folks. yep

Junkies, meth heads, drunks, undernourished all of them. All kinds of vitamin deficiencies, health problems.

Weird scenes inside the gold mine...

Censored

Look for me on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook or Tic Toc...or anywhere you may frequent, besides SimHq, on the Global Scam Net. Aka, the internet.
I am not there, never have been or ever will be, but the fruitless search may be more gratifying then the "content" you might otherwise be exposed to.

"There's a sucker born every minute."
Phineas Taylor Barnum

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4517299 - 04/20/20 09:27 AM Re: I told ya'll the "squeeze" would work! [Re: Nixer]  
TerribleTwo Offline
Hotshot
TerribleTwo  Offline
Hotshot

Not sure about being "sick" is the reason someone is more susceptible. Someone with a condition however, has a better chance due to how the virus spreads and infects using the ACE2 receptors on human cells.

People with high blood pressure, heart issues, diabetes, usually take an ace inhibitor to help. That medication creates more ACE2 receptors. The fact they have more receptors allows the virus to invade many more cells for a rapid increase of infection. Its that rapid onslaught of infection that creates difficulty in controlling symptoms.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/03/200323101354.htm

Angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors (ACEIs) and angiotensin receptor blockers (ARBs) are highly recommended medications for patients with cardiovascular diseases including heart attacks, high blood pressure, diabetes and chronic kidney disease to name a few," notes Dr. Diaz. "Many of those who develop these diseases are older adults. They are prescribed these medications and take them every day."

Research in experimental models has shown an increase in the number of ACE2 receptors in the cardiopulmonary circulation after intravenous infusions of ACE inhibitors

And here's a scary fact, there are about 200 million in the world who are taking Ace inhibitors. I wonder how many were on inhibitors in taly's Lombardy area?

So why aren't homeless people showing symptoms? It's likely because they don't generally and consistently take medications for things that ails them

If you're reading closely you'll realize it's the drugs we take that is helping the virus.
I've always opined that the drugs we allow ourselves to take will kill us. We are prescribed drugs for one thing, and then have to take another drug for the side effects.

And dont expect this info to be headline news either. Not sure drug companies would be happy about it

And if you want verification of just how unhappy they are, read this joint statement from American Heart Association and others about the "myths" surrounding covid and Ace inhibitors. They offer no counter argument to actual studies that show a connection:

https://www.healio.com/cardiology/vascular-medicine/news/online/%7Bfe7f0842-aecb-417b-9ecf-3fe7e0ddd991%7D/cardiology-societies-recommend-patients-taking-ace-inhibitors-arbs-who-contract-covid-19-should-continue-treatment

"College graduates should not have to live out their 20s in their childhood bedrooms, staring up at fading Obama posters and wondering when they can move out and get going with life" - Paul Ryan
#4517384 - 04/20/20 10:46 PM Re: I told ya'll the "squeeze" would work! [Re: Nixer]  
Nixer Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Nixer  Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Veteran

Living with the Trees
Good info T2, thanks.

No Ace inhibitors here, happily on ZERO medication at age 69.

I still find it very strange that two different shelters had a bunch of asymptomatic positives, best I can tell all had no symptoms.

Hmmm...now where's my sterno

Censored

Look for me on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook or Tic Toc...or anywhere you may frequent, besides SimHq, on the Global Scam Net. Aka, the internet.
I am not there, never have been or ever will be, but the fruitless search may be more gratifying then the "content" you might otherwise be exposed to.

"There's a sucker born every minute."
Phineas Taylor Barnum

#4517396 - 04/21/20 01:22 AM Re: I told ya'll the "squeeze" would work! [Re: TerribleTwo]  
THX-1138 Offline
Tyrell Corporation
THX-1138  Offline
Tyrell Corporation

Miami, Florida - United States...
Originally Posted by TerribleTwo
And dont expect this info to be headline news either. Not sure drug companies would be happy about it

You are correct on this statement. Just read the disclaimer at the bottom of the article from healio.com:

"Disclosures: Bozkurt reports she is a consultant or advisory board member for Abbott Vascular, Bayer Health Care Pharmaceuticals, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Lantheus Medical Imaging, LivaNova Anthem, Respicardia, Sanofi and scPharmaceuticals Inc. Harrington reports he received research grants from AstraZeneca and Bristol-Myers Squibb. De Simone and Kovacs report no relevant financial disclosures. "

You can't just upset big pharma, they have too much at stake here.

I do believe there is a link between heart medicines (ACE and ARB) with the "beer" virus infection. The statistics show that most infected are males in the age that develop heart issues and are medicated.

Domestic Robotics - www.DomesRO.com

#4517726 - 04/23/20 09:27 AM Re: I told ya'll the "squeeze" would work! [Re: Nixer]  
THX-1138 Offline
Tyrell Corporation
THX-1138  Offline
Tyrell Corporation

TERRIBLE TWO you are over the target:

APRIL 22, 2020 WED

"A new study by a medical journal revealed that most of the people in New York City who were hospitalized due to coronavirus had one or more underlying health issues.

Health records from 5,700 patients hospitalized within the Northwell Health system -- which housed the most patients in the country throughout the pandemic -- showed that 94 percent of patients had more than one disease other than COVID-19, according to the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA).

Data taken from March to early April showed that the median age of patients was 63 years old and 53 percent of all coronavirus patients suffered from hypertension, the most prevalent of the ailments among patients.

In addition, 42 percent of coronavirus patients who had body mass index (BMI) data on file suffered from obesity while 32 percent of all patients suffered from diabetes.

The study also revealed that the overwhelming majority of patients who were on ventilators eventually died, and those who did more often had diabetes.

Data gathered from 2,634 patients who either died or were discharged from the hospital showed that 12 percent of them were placed on ventilators and of those who were, 88 percent of them died."

#4517731 - 04/23/20 10:44 AM Re: I told ya'll the "squeeze" would work! [Re: Nixer]  
TerribleTwo Offline
Hotshot
TerribleTwo  Offline
Hotshot

Yeah this is already a sensitive issue, because of who is behind the AI and ARB drugs. And what is it that all these patients, regardless of age, have in common? Having an underlying condition by itself isn't good enough in my book. There's more to it. If you're diagnosed with one of these conditions, you're likely to be on medication, and ace inhibitors and ARB's are predominantly prescribed drugs for all of them. That's one possible link.

I've also read a hypothesis that taking AI and ARBs help patients recover, but that article seemed like a weak argument IMHO.

Two groups of people have more ACE2 receptors; men and people taking these drugs. And no one has really dove into why men are 40% more likely to die from covid.

SARS-Cov-1 and SARS-Cov-2 use the ACE2 receptor to enter a cell, (lock and key), so wouldn't it be helpful to have less receptors? But therein lies the problem with people who have underlying conditions, in some cases, having more ACE2 receptors helps alleviate symptoms of the underlying condition.

Here's an articulate article explaining the case:

https://www.rndsystems.com/resources/articles/ace-2-sars-receptor-identified

We've all seen the stories about "healthy Joe, 38 years old, succombed to Covid". But what we don't see is healthy Joe had high blood pressure and healthy Joe is a man, and healthy Joe takes ace inhibitors for his high blood pressure. Healthy Joe had more ACE2 receptors than you can shake a stick at.

This is old data:

Since their advent in the late 1970s [18], ACEIs have become a commonly prescribed drug. Lisinopril is the most commonly prescribed ACEI in the USA [19]. In 2014, there were 103 million lisinopril prescriptions dispensed, which represents an increase of 90 million prescriptions from 2011 [20].

So a good portion of America is a target.

ps. I know I am posting quite a bit on this subject, but I do a lot of research. I do biotech investments so I'm always learning. And right now I am trying to stay on the front lines of research for potential $$$.

"College graduates should not have to live out their 20s in their childhood bedrooms, staring up at fading Obama posters and wondering when they can move out and get going with life" - Paul Ryan
#4517738 - 04/23/20 12:00 PM Re: I told ya'll the "squeeze" would work! [Re: Nixer]  
TerribleTwo Offline
Hotshot
TerribleTwo  Offline
Hotshot

Latest NYC data April 22, visual representation of what's being said. I think it's safe to say young folks are not susceptible.

[Linked Image]

Attached Files Screenshot_20200423-075214_Drive.jpg

#4517814 - 04/23/20 07:54 PM Re: I told ya'll the "squeeze" would work! [Re: TerribleTwo]  
THX-1138 Offline
Tyrell Corporation
THX-1138  Offline
Tyrell Corporation

Originally Posted by TerribleTwo
Yeah this is already a sensitive issue, because of who is behind the AI and ARB drugs. And what is it that all these patients, regardless of age, have in common? Having an underlying condition by itself isn't good enough in my book. There's more to it. If you're diagnosed with one of these conditions, you're likely to be on medication, and ace inhibitors and ARB's are predominantly prescribed drugs for all of them. That's one possible link.

I've also read a hypothesis that taking AI and ARBs help patients recover, but that article seemed like a weak argument IMHO.

Two groups of people have more ACE2 receptors; men and people taking these drugs. And no one has really dove into why men are 40% more likely to die from covid.

SARS-Cov-1 and SARS-Cov-2 use the ACE2 receptor to enter a cell, (lock and key), so wouldn't it be helpful to have less receptors? But therein lies the problem with people who have underlying conditions, in some cases, having more ACE2 receptors helps alleviate symptoms of the underlying condition.

Here's an articulate article explaining the case:

https://www.rndsystems.com/resources/articles/ace-2-sars-receptor-identified

We've all seen the stories about "healthy Joe, 38 years old, succombed to Covid". But what we don't see is healthy Joe had high blood pressure and healthy Joe is a man, and healthy Joe takes ace inhibitors for his high blood pressure. Healthy Joe had more ACE2 receptors than you can shake a stick at.

This is old data:

Since their advent in the late 1970s [18], ACEIs have become a commonly prescribed drug. Lisinopril is the most commonly prescribed ACEI in the USA [19]. In 2014, there were 103 million lisinopril prescriptions dispensed, which represents an increase of 90 million prescriptions from 2011 [20].

So a good portion of America is a target.

ps. I know I am posting quite a bit on this subject, but I do a lot of research. I do biotech investments so I'm always learning. And right now I am trying to stay on the front lines of research for potential $$$.

Great information. I am no medical expert but wouldn't it be wise to ask the COVID-19 patient (Male, Female, young or old) if they take any blood pressure medications? Then pause those medicines or change them to non ACE versions while in treatment? It is just common sense. Medical Doctors could ask volunteer patients to test this hypothesis by having a group that paused ACE pressure meds and observe if it helps the patient not get worse and/or recover much faster.

Another thing to check is that some COVID-19 survivors have been reported to have damaged heart , lungs and/or kidneys due to the virus causing havok to the organ cells. Maybe by pausing ACE meds on the infected will minimize the damage.

I am just thinking on how to help out in this crisis.

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.