Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4515764 - 04/11/20 06:34 AM Covid Countermeasures, Tips, Ideas  
FsFOOT Offline
FsFOOT  Offline

per oldgrognard's post (se my sig or here: https://SimHQ.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4514622/covid-19-information
from the researcher at John Hopkins' information it appears we all can use that knowledge take some counter measures.

Knowing the enemy is a huge advantage vs. just guessing. So be sure to closely examine the information (I mean who knew we could we could attacked by zombie virus - a protein that is not alive and how soap is or best friend?)

Of course gloves, mask are obvious.

UV light, heat, dryness no so obvious.

State your countermeasures here.

-

I'm currently using strict protocols and UV light, heat, dryness also.

I disinfect wipe all packaging, mail, and I wash my hands like 50- 100 x day, etc.

Also I disinfect all currency. Carry greenbacks or cards in a little bag so I don't reach into my pockets. I don't take change. They can keep it.

Last edited by FsFOOT; 04/11/20 06:54 AM. Reason: currently using strict protocols and UV light, heat, dryness also.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4515765 - 04/11/20 06:44 AM Re: Covid Countermeasures, Tips, Ideas [Re: FsFOOT]  
FsFOOT Offline
FsFOOT  Offline

Also brainstorm ideas for the future,

Like mine:

- train virus Sniffer dogs

- Roaming anti-covid robots with UV sterilize store aisles

- anti-covid nanite spray. The nanites block the protein.. or kill the mutations. (where are the sci-fi powers the futurists are alway claiming?)

- stores set up tables, etc in parking lot for goods. like a farmer market, drive-by shopping, using app to pay. Safer than going indoors.

Last edited by FsFOOT; 04/11/20 06:50 AM.
#4515766 - 04/11/20 07:01 AM Re: Covid Countermeasures, Tips, Ideas [Re: FsFOOT]  
FsFOOT Offline
FsFOOT  Offline

- Robot cashiers (I can't believ I'm saying this! Actually I've use self-checkouts for while now anywhere I go to. If they don't have I use another store.

- Sandbox / make secure entryway protocols. You have to disinfect in a foyier before entering store, possibly disinfect when leaving.

- UV or other disinfector stations at check outs

- UV lights in all stores - (caveat some people on medications wont go - also increases skin cancer risk.)

- Roaming robots offer UV or sprays, sanitizers. Alternatively they off to check out for you. Even pay right there.

- Robots you pay to shop for you

hmm.. this really is weird. I now realize this is the potential picture of the future coming if we don't change it!

- Oh my best idea:
No more airlines.

Or no more airlines flying stupid tourists in one day halfway across the world. You have to get a reservation for inspection, heath check, and quarentine when you book a trip. There will be a delay time of days, so virus can not ever jump in a day or two around the world like previously. Also no more hubs in the middle of population centers.
And frankly do we really need millions of flights each day anyway? Its one thing to have business another to just be a looky-loo tourist like most are.

Last edited by FsFOOT; 04/11/20 07:11 AM.
#4515794 - 04/11/20 12:47 PM Re: Covid Countermeasures, Tips, Ideas [Re: FsFOOT]  
TerribleTwo Offline
Hotshot
TerribleTwo  Offline
Hotshot

The virus appears to slam your immune system, per one study and a few very smart scientists agreeing. This could prove why covid is so hard on those with weakened immune systems and open them up for secondary infections.

Out of 7000+ deaths in NY, only 1 child age 0-9 died. Because kids have super immune system. Their t-cells come to the rescue after 2-3 days of contracting the virus and wipes it out.

So my tip, bolster your immune system. Vitamins a, c, d, zinc to begin with. Stop smoking. Stop being fat.

"College graduates should not have to live out their 20s in their childhood bedrooms, staring up at fading Obama posters and wondering when they can move out and get going with life" - Paul Ryan
#4515811 - 04/11/20 02:53 PM Re: Covid Countermeasures, Tips, Ideas [Re: FsFOOT]  
Dart Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Dart  Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Lifer

Alabaster, AL USA
Look for the gas pump that's in the sunshine when filling up.

The opinions of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

More dumb stuff at http://www.darts-page.com

From Laser:
"The forum is the place where combat (real time) flight simulator fans come to play turn based strategy combat."
#4515939 - 04/12/20 05:52 AM Re: Covid Countermeasures, Tips, Ideas [Re: FsFOOT]  
orbyxP Offline
orbyxP  Offline

Washington State
I read that this virus is transmitted via airborne droplets. I haven't seen fomite transmission confirmed from a reputable scientific journal. So, really only "respirator masks" (esp. N95) are confirmed to be effective. Surgical masks are less effective. That being said, it wouldn't hurt to practice other measures like hand washing, sanitizers, etc... which may help.

#4516050 - 04/12/20 08:04 PM Re: Covid Countermeasures, Tips, Ideas [Re: FsFOOT]  
vonBaur Offline
vonBaur  Offline

Leave non-perishable purchases in your car or in an unused room or closet for three or four days. I actually started doing that before it was being suggested.
The bad news is that this stuff could live up to 28 days in a refrigerator and an undetermined amount of time at subfreezing temperatures. Those estimates are based on existing testing of similar viruses.

SALUTE TO ALL!
#4516056 - 04/12/20 08:59 PM Re: Covid Countermeasures, Tips, Ideas [Re: TerribleTwo]  
rollnloop. Offline
rollnloop.  Offline

France
Originally Posted by TerribleTwo
The virus appears to slam your immune system, per one study and a few very smart scientists agreeing. This could prove why covid is so hard on those with weakened immune systems and open them up for secondary infections.

Out of 7000+ deaths in NY, only 1 child age 0-9 died. Because kids have super immune system. Their t-cells come to the rescue after 2-3 days of contracting the virus and wipes it out.

So my tip, bolster your immune system. Vitamins a, c, d, zinc to begin with. Stop smoking. Stop being fat.

If you try to get lean from being fat better do it with sports than lowering calories, or your general weakening during the process may be counter productive.

Strangely enough, smokers seem to be somewhat better protected, from what we've seen here.

Having diabete or using painkillers is bad, but that's usually not something one can change easily.

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
They wokefied tomb raider !!
by Blade_RJ. 04/10/24 03:09 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.