Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4514508 - 04/04/20 12:35 AM How many more paid expansions will there be?  
Tycoon Offline
Tycoon  Offline

I'm thinking of getting woff, ue edition seems like a good deal money wise, but pe I'm not so sure about, and apparently from what I read there is going to be more expansions like it. woff ue combines many expansions that would have cost a lot more separately, so what i'm asking is there every going to be another super duper ultimate forever edition that combines everything? or will expansions be separate purchases?
thx

Last edited by Tycoon; 04/04/20 12:39 AM.
#4514511 - 04/04/20 12:54 AM Re: How many more paid expansions will there be? [Re: Tycoon]  
MFair Offline
MFair  Offline

Tycoon, WOFF UE is a great deal deal for the money. PE is also in my opinion. Wether the devs keep improving it with expansions depends on how many people buy their product I would think. They can’t work for free. It is hands down the best flight sim around for an immersive experience. If you buy UE, you will not be disappointed. My guess is you will want PE. As for myself, I hope they keep improving it, because I will keep buying. It’s that good. And I might add, the WOFF forum members are the best group of folks around. Just my two cents worth.

Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear or a fool from either end.
BOC Member since....I can't remember!
#4514548 - 04/04/20 09:20 AM Re: How many more paid expansions will there be? [Re: Tycoon]  
Willo Offline
Willo  Offline

UK
Tycoon - Although I'am a new member here, I've flown all the sims. ROF, IL2 SERIES DCs etc. I agree with MFair the value for money is fantastic. If you buy ue and pe you have like 90 planes. For 40 odd quid (I might be wrong here) il2 battle series without a sale is 40-80 quid a go. The flying circus dlc is £69 for like 8 planes. No career mode.

Dcs is a very detailed sim, and unfortunately out my price bracket. £40 a plane is well to much for my ability and wallet.

Hope I've not rambled on to much

Willo

Last edited by Willo; 04/06/20 10:48 AM.
#4514641 - 04/04/20 05:18 PM Re: How many more paid expansions will there be? [Re: Tycoon]  
Becker01 Offline
Becker01  Offline

IMHO start with WOFF UE. If you recognize "THAT'S MY SIM!" I can only recommend to buy PE too.
And the future … … WOFF is living!

#4514746 - 04/05/20 01:32 PM Re: How many more paid expansions will there be? [Re: Tycoon]  
Hellshade Offline
Hellshade
Hellshade  Offline
Hellshade

Florida
Originally Posted by Tycoon
I'm thinking of getting woff, ue edition seems like a good deal money wise, but pe I'm not so sure about, and apparently from what I read there is going to be more expansions like it. woff ue combines many expansions that would have cost a lot more separately, so what i'm asking is there every going to be another super duper ultimate forever edition that combines everything? or will expansions be separate purchases?
thx

If there is, it will likely be years (a decade?) down the road, just like it was for WOFF UE to combine OFF / WOFF 1, 2 & 3. The sim is already an amazing bargain. Well worth the cost of UE and PE if you are looking for an immersive WWI flight sim.

Flying Wings Over Flanders Fields: Between Heaven & Hell II
videos at www.youtube.com/hellshade68

#4514893 - 04/06/20 01:34 AM Re: How many more paid expansions will there be? [Re: Tycoon]  
Tycoon Offline
Tycoon  Offline

Thanks for the replies.

#4514907 - 04/06/20 03:48 AM Re: How many more paid expansions will there be? [Re: Tycoon]  
FurphyForum Offline
FurphyForum  Offline

Australia
@Tycoon
Mate , I am relativity new to WOFF, and my first purchase was UE and recently I upgraded to PE. Do I regret the purchase of either?...... Hell No!!!! The asking price is a great deal, as pointed out by 'Willo" and the advice by the others is good.

This Flight sim is a total Gem!!! A great little find.

Good luck with your choice.

#4514966 - 04/06/20 04:24 PM Re: How many more paid expansions will there be? [Re: Tycoon]  
HumanDrone Offline
Just shoot me...
HumanDrone  Offline
Just shoot me...

Near Pittsburgh, PA USA
I would also add that Mark (MFair) is correct - this is the best bunch of simmers to hang around with on "teh intarwebz". I hope to get back in the air shortly, som technical issues have my sound out right now, and it's kinda tough flying without sound...

Box: Win7 Pro 64 bit / I72600K @4.1 GHz / EVGA GTX1080Ti/ 16GB RAM / Corsair 240 GB SSD / WD 600 GB Velociraptor / 1050W Power
FS Stuff: Saitek X52 Pro Stick/Throttle & Combat Rudder Pedals, TrackIR 5
Sims: FSX Gold, REX 2.0 OD, UTX-NA, FSGenesis 10m mesh/ CFS3 ETO 1.40/Wings Over Flanders Fields BH&H2 (more gorgeous than ever!)
Proud BOC inductee 4/30/12!
#4514973 - 04/06/20 04:57 PM Re: How many more paid expansions will there be? [Re: Tycoon]  
VonS Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac
VonS  Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac

To pitch in my own 2 cents here - I bought WOFF (ultimate ed.) sometime in early 2017 - was fairly late to get on the bandwagon since I was usually, until then, splitting my time between RB3D and FE2 - and, now, looking back, I can say with certainty that WOFF is the best investment anyone can make in terms of WW1 flight sims.

I have all of the big three WW1 sims - FE2/WOFF/ROF - and I would gladly give ROF back and re-invest the returned money in WOFF. (FE2 still stays on the hard drive in my case, together with WOFF, since I like to mod. things. biggrin .)

In short, if you only want to have one WW1 flight sim (and that is still being developed) - the best choice is WOFF (ult. ed.) - and then to invest in the expansion packs (such as platinum ed.) when possible/convenient for you.

Happy WOFFing,
Von S smile

P.S. FE2 is worth a look too if you have money to burn since all of its mods. are free and it gives a lovely sensation of flight - but the terrain (and sky) engine in FE2 (and SF2) by today's standards looks somewhat dated. Also, it is no longer being developed since the TW developer has moved on to smartphone "apps." The other "peculiarity" about the TW sims is that trees are "alpha objects" and can't be crashed into. Personally, I find clouds and terrains in WOFF to be the best of all WW1 flight sims (even more to my taste than ROF landscapes/clouds which I never really warmed up to).

Last edited by VonS; 04/06/20 05:51 PM. Reason: Added a few more thoughts.

~ For my various FM/AI/FPS/DM Mods. for First Eagles 2, WoFF, RoF & WoTR, and tips for FlightGear, recommended is to check over my CombatAce profile (https://combatace.com/profile/86760-vons/) and to click on the "About Me" tab while there. ~
#4514978 - 04/06/20 05:13 PM Re: How many more paid expansions will there be? [Re: Tycoon]  
lederhosen Offline
lederhosen  Offline

Germany
well crap...I'm gona buy the PE edition too. Seems we all have a lot of time on our hands anyway.

make mistakes and learn from them

I5 4440 3.1Ghz, Asrock B85m Pro3, Gtx 1060 3GB
#4515009 - 04/06/20 07:22 PM Re: How many more paid expansions will there be? [Re: VonS]  
Redwolf Offline
Redwolf  Offline

Maple Ridge, B.C., Canada
Originally Posted by VonS

P.S. FE2 is worth a look too if you have money to burn since all of its mods. are free and it gives a lovely sensation of flight - but the terrain (and sky) engine in FE2 (and SF2) by today's standards looks somewhat dated. Also, it is no longer being developed since the TW developer has moved on to smartphone "apps." The other "peculiarity" about the TW sims is that trees are "alpha objects" and can't be crashed into.

OT & an aside...

Not entirely. Strike Fighters 2 Complete Win10 Edition is due out the end of May - whether they get to/forge forward with a Vietnam, Europe, and First Eagles rehash/update/re-release remains to be seen (and probably dependent on the success of the of the SF2 Win10 Edition).

https://store.thirdwire.com/project_sf2_w10.htm

Win10/ i5-7600/ 16GB RAM/ GTX1660 Super
#4515027 - 04/06/20 09:20 PM Re: How many more paid expansions will there be? [Re: Redwolf]  
VonS Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac
VonS  Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac

Originally Posted by Redwolf

Not entirely. Strike Fighters 2 Complete Win10 Edition is due out the end of May - whether they get to/forge forward with a Vietnam, Europe, and First Eagles rehash/update/re-release remains to be seen (and probably dependent on the success of the of the SF2 Win10 Edition).

https://store.thirdwire.com/project_sf2_w10.htm

Thank you for that link....seems they may end up updating SF2 - although the current ver. of SF2 runs fine in Win10 at least on my rig (if run in Win7 compatibility mode). confused (I'm doubtful though that FE2 will get TLC - perhaps good in a way since it won't break any mods. biggrin .)

Was also looking at the prices over there....40 dollars USD approx. for FE2, SF2 vanilla, etc., and the expansion packs are "up there" too. More indication how WOFF is not only an excellent investment but also, overall, less expensive than the current TW offerings, and the real beauty of WOFF is that upgrades/expansions always include new features and improvements - not merely cosmetic upgrades for new OSes.

Great stuff OBD - I particularly like that rumbling/vibrating Mercedes engine in the other thread featuring latest developments - look forward to it. Perhaps this will open the possibility for animated random engine failure, with prop shafts breaking off, propellers, etc.? smile smile

Von S

~ For my various FM/AI/FPS/DM Mods. for First Eagles 2, WoFF, RoF & WoTR, and tips for FlightGear, recommended is to check over my CombatAce profile (https://combatace.com/profile/86760-vons/) and to click on the "About Me" tab while there. ~
#4515031 - 04/06/20 09:54 PM Re: How many more paid expansions will there be? [Re: VonS]  
Redwolf Offline
Redwolf  Offline

(oops, double post - please delete)

Last edited by Redwolf; 04/06/20 09:57 PM.

#4515032 - 04/06/20 09:55 PM Re: How many more paid expansions will there be? [Re: Tycoon]  
Redwolf Offline
Redwolf  Offline

Originally Posted by VonS

Thank you for that link....seems they may end up updating SF2 - although the current ver. of SF2 runs fine in Win10 at least on my rig (if run in Win7 compatibility mode). confused (I'm doubtful though that FE2 will get TLC - perhaps good in a way since it won't break any mods. biggrin .)

Yes, I don't even have to run compatibility mode in my case - works fine for me on Win10 (I play a modded SF2 Vietnam (my go to jet simulator as I don't much like DCS at all)) - but I do believe they are adding in some enhancements and upgrading the directX usage to a more current standard for the official "Win10" version. But I fear you are right, that FE will probably not get the TLC.

...and I completely agree, WOFF is a completely amazing offering everything and all considered! A true gem!

#4515124 - 04/07/20 02:20 PM Re: How many more paid expansions will there be? [Re: Tycoon]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man
RAF_Louvert  Offline
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man

L'Etoile du Nord

Any time the devs bring out a new WOFF iteration, add-on, improvement, expansion, etc, my response to them is the same.

[Linked Image]

Seriously though, WOFF is the absolute best value out there in WWI combat flight sims, and I will gladly keep buying updates to support OBD and future development of this gem.

Cheers,

Lou

[Linked Image]

Three RFC Brass Hats were strolling down a street in London. Two walked into a bar, the third one ducked.

Former Cold War Warrior, USAF Security Service 1974-1978, E-4, Morse Systems Intercept, England, Europe, and points above.
"pippy-pahpah-pippy pah-pip-pah"

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
They wokefied tomb raider !!
by Blade_RJ. 04/10/24 03:09 PM
Good F-35 Podcast
by RossUK. 04/08/24 09:02 AM
Gleda Estes
by Tarnsman. 04/06/24 06:22 PM
Food Safety and Bad Roommates
by KRT_Bong. 04/04/24 02:16 AM