Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#4514127 - 04/02/20 02:21 PM Re: Drug combo working. Covid. Dr Zelenko NYC hospital. [Re: TerribleTwo]  
RSColonel_131st Offline
Lifer
RSColonel_131st  Offline
Lifer

Vienna, 2nd rock left.
I've seen the stories about the malaria drug and SARS, and I believe it's a useful path for research. Discussing the potential of this drug isn't an issue with me, we had a previous thread here about it too.

Yet your statements like "Drug Combo works - this is the end of Corona" are just grossly missleading until there are credible sources that back such things up.

Doesn't mean it shouldn't be used in cases where it might help.
Doesn't mean it shouldn't be researched.

But spreading false hope is as bad as spreading false panic.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4514134 - 04/02/20 03:04 PM Re: Drug combo working. Covid. Dr Zelenko NYC hospital. [Re: RSColonel_131st]  
Mr_Blastman Offline
Hotshot
Mr_Blastman  Offline
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
Originally Posted by RSColonel_131st
Originally Posted by TerribleTwo
Listen to the recently uploaded conference call between several doctors I posted.

A Youtube Channel with less than 200 subscripers as a primary source of information?

Sorry, but you're acting like any generic Conspiracy Theorist here. This crisis is full of fake rumours, and everyone of us should keep a cool head and only share reliable news.

If a treatment would be showing promise, you'd be hearing about it from credible major sources of information, either government or media.

The media does not want this treatment to work because it does not fit their narrative.

Still, there's sound science behind this drug combo as to why it should work. And they love to tout science. The love the stuff. Except when it does not fit their narrative.

Last edited by Mr_Blastman; 04/02/20 03:05 PM.
#4514136 - 04/02/20 03:07 PM Re: Drug combo working. Covid. Dr Zelenko NYC hospital. [Re: RSColonel_131st]  
Mr_Blastman Offline
Hotshot
Mr_Blastman  Offline
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
snopes.com seems sceptical of the idea.

Snopes has been proven and fact-checked as a biased website that often posts only articles that fit their founder narratives. I would be very wary of believing anything there.

#4514157 - 04/02/20 04:09 PM Re: Drug combo working. Covid. Dr Zelenko NYC hospital. [Re: RSColonel_131st]  
TerribleTwo Offline
Hotshot
TerribleTwo  Offline
Hotshot

I've seen the stories about the malaria drug and SARS, and I believe it's a useful path for research. Discussing the potential of this drug isn't an issue with me, we had a previous thread here about it too.

Yet your statements like "Drug Combo works - this is the end of Corona" are just grossly missleading until there are credible sources that back such things up.

Doesn't mean it shouldn't be used in cases where it might help.
Doesn't mean it shouldn't be researched.

But spreading false hope is as bad as spreading false panic.

I think if the FDA had not approved this for emergency use, then I'd refrain from being a bit optimistic. But they have apparently looked at the anectodal evidence and is coming to a similar conclusion.

It doesn't have to work 100% of the time.

"College graduates should not have to live out their 20s in their childhood bedrooms, staring up at fading Obama posters and wondering when they can move out and get going with life" - Paul Ryan
#4514177 - 04/02/20 05:37 PM Re: Drug combo working. Covid. Dr Zelenko NYC hospital. [Re: TerribleTwo]  
Timothy Offline
Hotshot
Timothy  Offline
Hotshot

Phoenix - Ft. Carson
They keep down playing it, but it's been pretty well known that this anti-viral works in similar cases. Here is a study from 2005:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1232869/

This is mostly the media downplaying it. I was forwarded that study by my ex who is an IM and in a working group with this being the main focus now.

Keep Calm and Check Canopy

There are no ex-paratroopers, only ones off jump status

Learn Economics at:
http://www.mises.org
Carthago delenda est
#4514182 - 04/02/20 06:42 PM Re: Drug combo working. Covid. Dr Zelenko NYC hospital. [Re: TerribleTwo]  
TerribleTwo Offline
Hotshot
TerribleTwo  Offline
Hotshot

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/laninf/article/PIIS1473-3099(03)00806-5/fulltext

This is another from 2003 for it's potential against viral infections.

"College graduates should not have to live out their 20s in their childhood bedrooms, staring up at fading Obama posters and wondering when they can move out and get going with life" - Paul Ryan
#4514186 - 04/02/20 07:04 PM Re: Drug combo working. Covid. Dr Zelenko NYC hospital. [Re: TerribleTwo]  
Timothy Offline
Hotshot
Timothy  Offline
Hotshot

Phoenix - Ft. Carson

Keep Calm and Check Canopy

There are no ex-paratroopers, only ones off jump status

Learn Economics at:
http://www.mises.org
Carthago delenda est
#4514188 - 04/02/20 07:15 PM Re: Drug combo working. Covid. Dr Zelenko NYC hospital. [Re: TerribleTwo]  
Nixer Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Nixer  Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Veteran

Living with the Trees
And all the Talking heads all over the place...

They are so eager to throw wild, and some just insane figures uneducated guesses about death and destruction.

The media seems hell bent on destroying Americans hope. Even a glimmer of hope about a treatment that has worked for some is great.

We need more hope.

Just this week in school, I had a great example of this ignorance and/or maliciousness in an online discussion class.

The assignment was simple. Use two mainstream or scholarly sources to back up your example of a unethical business leader.

Two anti-trumpers right off the bat going after the President, not for his business practices, but as President!

After doing my required reply to a correctly done post, I went after the most rabid, ridiculous one.

Never mentioned her name, or the drivel she wrote..I just attacked her "mainstream or scholarly" sources.

1. First one is CTGN

CTGN is described by that bastion of liberalism, The New York Times, as “It broadcasts forced confessions to American audiences”

“China Global Television Network America, which reaches 30 million households in the United States, is an arm of China’s propaganda machine. It is controlled by the Communist Party “

2. Her second source is a click bait crap hole ludicrously named “Bipartisan Report”. It is described by the Seattle Times as "Seattle's own 'click-bait' news site serves up red meat for liberals".

I gave a couple more examples of how just plain horrible her sources are are and just totally destroyed her whole rant as complete BS. Which also had zero to do with the assignment.

I guess my point is she believes all that crap being spoon fed to her. The media is feeding us China is good and we are doomed crap all day.

I just do my best to avoid that crap.

Censored

Look for me on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook or Tic Toc...or anywhere you may frequent, besides SimHq, on the Global Scam Net. Aka, the internet.
I am not there, never have been or ever will be, but the fruitless search may be more gratifying then the "content" you might otherwise be exposed to.

"There's a sucker born every minute."
Phineas Taylor Barnum

#4514194 - 04/02/20 07:48 PM Re: Drug combo working. Covid. Dr Zelenko NYC hospital. [Re: TerribleTwo]  
Mr_Blastman Offline
Hotshot
Mr_Blastman  Offline
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
The great part here Nixer is you're old enough to not have to give two #%&*$# whether your teacher flunks you for lashing out at the liberals. Nice spot to be in. smile

I once flunked a course when I was a young kid in school because I stood up against our oppressive teacher and his ideals. Was worth it, regardless.

Last edited by Mr_Blastman; 04/02/20 07:49 PM.
#4514208 - 04/02/20 08:21 PM Re: Drug combo working. Covid. Dr Zelenko NYC hospital. [Re: TerribleTwo]  
Nixer Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Nixer  Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Veteran

Living with the Trees
Thing is, I thought it out quite well. I attacked nothing but her sources. I know... totally out of character right biggrin

I destroyed her with her own garbage. yep

I do good enough work in school that any ideological attack on my academics will have serious repercussions. I have a 3.45 GPA in my major. 3.1 overall.

I made her post and my reply into a .pdf to send to a couple of friends. If anybody wants to have a look PM me an e-mail, unless there is a way to attach it to a PM.

I ALMOST felt bad picking on a girl. I hope she learned something.

Censored

Look for me on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook or Tic Toc...or anywhere you may frequent, besides SimHq, on the Global Scam Net. Aka, the internet.
I am not there, never have been or ever will be, but the fruitless search may be more gratifying then the "content" you might otherwise be exposed to.

"There's a sucker born every minute."
Phineas Taylor Barnum

#4514279 - 04/03/20 08:19 AM Re: Drug combo working. Covid. Dr Zelenko NYC hospital. [Re: TerribleTwo]  
Mr_Blastman Offline
Hotshot
Mr_Blastman  Offline
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
Now the New York Times is admitting this drug combination might work, based on the results of some studies:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/01/health/hydroxychloroquine-coronavirus-malaria.html

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41422-020-0282-0

Pour concrete in a door lock and a key can no longer enter to turn the tumblers.

Last edited by Mr_Blastman; 04/03/20 08:20 AM.
#4514280 - 04/03/20 08:39 AM Re: Drug combo working. Covid. Dr Zelenko NYC hospital. [Re: TerribleTwo]  
FsFOOT Offline
FsFOOT  Offline

Well that remains to be seen.
in what form
Just hope people don't try treating themselves. You need a Doctor and a Chemist to know what drugs in what form actually work or can kill you.

There was a guy who took a chloroquine - but in the wrong form - used for a fish tank sterilizer or something and died.

It does not appear they took the pharmaceutical version of the drug, but rather "an additive commonly used at aquariums to clean fish tanks,"

#4514324 - 04/03/20 12:23 PM Re: Drug combo working. Covid. Dr Zelenko NYC hospital. [Re: TerribleTwo]  
TerribleTwo Offline
Hotshot
TerribleTwo  Offline
Hotshot

I do find it intriguing that the media will scour the planet to find that one guy who dies from something, while ignoring the 99.9% who don't. I don't have a theory on why it happens this way, other than creating a headline that will turn heads. Imagine for a moment if someone died from drinking too much beer.... Oh wait.

We have 70 years of safety on this drug. People with lupos and arthritis have been on it for decades.

#4514327 - 04/03/20 12:30 PM Re: Drug combo working. Covid. Dr Zelenko NYC hospital. [Re: TerribleTwo]  
PanzerMeyer Online centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Online Centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
I do find it intriguing that the media will scour the planet to find that one guy who dies from something, while ignoring the 99.9% who don't. I don't have a theory on why it happens this way, other than creating a headline that will turn heads.

It's not rocket science. Any ad-based news source will sensationalize because as you said it will "turn heads" and will increase viewers, readers, mouse-clicks, etc.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4514328 - 04/03/20 12:34 PM Re: Drug combo working. Covid. Dr Zelenko NYC hospital. [Re: TerribleTwo]  
TerribleTwo Offline
Hotshot
TerribleTwo  Offline
Hotshot

I guess I am thinking why "during this time of crisis" any media source would sensationalize. Our entire world economy, and civility is on the threshold of collapse. Hope is the one thing more powerful than a drug. It's the lack of hope and infestation of fear that is causing people to rush to the hospital at the first sign of any symptom.

If not for this panic and fear, our hospitals would be in far better condition to deal with those who are actually in need of help.

#4514331 - 04/03/20 12:59 PM Re: Drug combo working. Covid. Dr Zelenko NYC hospital. [Re: TerribleTwo]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
I guess I am thinking why "during this time of crisis" any media source would sensationalize.

Increased ratings = more you can charge advertisers. In short, money.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4514335 - 04/03/20 01:12 PM Re: Drug combo working. Covid. Dr Zelenko NYC hospital. [Re: TerribleTwo]  
MarkG Offline
Veteran
MarkG  Offline
Veteran

The Bayou
My problem with the national news media is just how overly political they've become, and they don't even try to disguise it. I guess the last time I was so glued to the news was 9/11 (and before that the Gulf War), but I don't remember it being like this. I'm backing off the big news stations a bit for my own sanity, catching more local news and statistical non-political websites.

The rusty wire that holds the cork that keeps the anger in
Gives way and suddenly it’s day again
The sun is in the east
Even though the day is done
Two suns in the sunset, hmph
Could be the human race is run
#4514340 - 04/03/20 01:17 PM Re: Drug combo working. Covid. Dr Zelenko NYC hospital. [Re: MarkG]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by MarkG
My problem with the national news media is just how overly political they've become, and they don't even try to disguise it. I guess the last time I was so glued to the news was 9/11 (and before that the Gulf War), but I don't remember it being like this. I'm backing off the big news stations a bit for my own sanity, catching more local news and statistical non-political websites.

All of the mainstream news media both on cable and network tv have become echo chambers for their respective target audiences. Local news may be ok in your area of Louisiana but local news in South Florida is moronic with the same sensationalist tactics done by the national news media.

#4514343 - 04/03/20 01:24 PM Re: Drug combo working. Covid. Dr Zelenko NYC hospital. [Re: MarkG]  
Mr_Blastman Offline
Hotshot
Mr_Blastman  Offline
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
Originally Posted by MarkG

Do what I do and stop watching televised news altogether. I read the news. This way a paragraph in I can usually tell where the article is, skip the rest and then maybe read the concluding paragraph. Cuts out the bias and gets to the facts, mostly.

#4514348 - 04/03/20 01:40 PM Re: Drug combo working. Covid. Dr Zelenko NYC hospital. [Re: TerribleTwo]  
Haggart Offline
I Fought Diablo
Haggart  Offline
I Fought Diablo
Veteran

The Lone Star State
Officials are realizing that telling people not to wear masks was a big mistake. You don't need the anti-viral rated masks worn by health care workers to offer yourself some protection. You simply need any mask or cloth to cover your mouth for starters. When people speak to others tiny droplets (most too small to see) are often released from their mouths and this is one of the main ways this virus spreads. If you don't have a dust mask then use cloth or other fabric. If you can, use glasses instead of contact lenses for your eyes and of course keep that 6 foot distance.

Also:
Viability of SARS-2 coronavirus in climates with higher temperatures & humidity:
"In this study, we showed that high temperature at high relative humidity has a synergistic effect on inactivation of SARS CoV viability while lower temperatures and low humidity support prolonged survival of virus on contaminated surfaces. The environmental conditions of countries such as Malaysia, Indonesia, and Thailand are thus not conducive to the prolonged survival of the virus. In countries such as Singapore and Hong Kong where there is a intensive use of air-conditioning, transmission largely occurred in well-air-conditioned environments such as hospitals or hotels. Further, a separate study has shown that during the epidemic, the risk of increased daily incidence of SARS was 18.18-fold higher in days with a lower air temperature than in days with a higher temperature in Hong Kong [24] and other regions [15–17]. Taken together, these observations may explain why some Asian countries in tropical area (with high temperature at high relative humidity) such as Malaysia, Indonesia, and Thailand did not have nosocomial outbreaks of SARS (Tables 1 and 2(a)–2(c)). It may also explain why Singapore, which is also in tropical area (Table 2(d)), had most of its SARS outbreaks in hospitals (air-conditioned environment). Interestingly, during the outbreak of SARS in Guangzhou, clinicians kept the windows of patient rooms open and well ventilated and these may well have reduced virus survival and this reduced nosocomial transmission. SARS CoV can retain its infectivity up to 2 weeks at low temperature and low humidity environment, which might facilitate the virus transmission in community as in Hong Kong which locates in subtropical area"

"everything lives by a law, a central balance sustains all"
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
CD WOFF
by Britisheh. 03/28/24 08:05 PM
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.