Thanks.

It is part of our heritage, my family worked there back into the early 1700s. I was on a training course in the Blackburn Works learning a bit of metal work for my work in the 1970s, a couple of years later and the whole place was torn down and they started building the houses there, and now there is a football pitch on the wet fitting out dock. The Denny Tank is still there, it is the first commercial wave tank for testing out ship designs and it is still in use though a lot of the test equipment is now missing, mainly it is a maritime museum where they have a work book from 1739 and one of my forefathers is mentioned on the first page as joining them as an engineer in 1739.

A Friend has been running a campaign to get some recognition for the work and war effort that was done there and finally this year they are going to put up a memorial and plaque to the work that was done.

If you went further along the Clyde and just past Helensburgh and just as you get to Rhu there are some large green buildings, those were part of the hanger complex for Sunderland flying boats during WW2, the big hangers have been pulled down now and there is a yachting club on that part of the site now.
If you go across to Roseneath you can still see some of the sheds that housed fast patrol boats.

Not been to Mountbatten in Plymouth but I have worked at Devon Port many years ago and used to visit a young lady that went to Uni there, Ahhh happy days wink

Chlanna nan con thigibh a so's gheibh sibh feoil
Sons of the hound come here and get flesh
Clan Cameron