Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4511507 - 03/18/20 05:15 PM Ultimate vs Platinum  
rfxcasey Offline
rfxcasey  Offline

How much of a difference does Platinum addon actually make? Really don't have the money right now to get both UE and PE.

#4511538 - 03/18/20 06:39 PM Re: Ultimate vs Platinum [Re: rfxcasey]  
Beanie Offline
Beanie  Offline

Canterbury, Kent
You need to get UE first as PE is add on - but as soon as you are able - upgrade to PE as it is, more than worth the money, and the OBD team are always improving the game. They have also today announced that they will be releasing another add-on in the near future. You can see the list of details on the WOFF web site.

The game is clearly the best WW1 flying ever - although I have always been fan boy. Also the WOFF community is helpful and very knowledgeable on the subject of WW! aviation.

Also welcome

'Der Fuchs'

BOC Member
'BWOC BWOC BWOC'
#4511570 - 03/18/20 09:02 PM Re: Ultimate vs Platinum [Re: rfxcasey]  
VonS Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac
VonS  Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac

Originally Posted by rfxcasey
How much of a difference does Platinum addon actually make? Really don't have the money right now to get both UE and PE.

Hello potential WOFFer,

If you're strapped for cash currently, the most logical option is to buy the UE version and stay put for a while. Then, either buy the PE version later or the future upgrade that will follow PE.

Keep in mind that it makes no sense to buy PE, but not UE - since PE is only an addon and requires UE.

In terms of the future large update, I don't know whether it will already include PE or will be another addon on top of PE - for such info., I recommend contacting OBD Software directly.

I'm sure you will enjoy WOFF(ue) - it's really the only WWI flight sim that is still being developed. FE2 has been abandoned already for years by ThirdWire, as has Rise of Flight by 777 Studios. Yes, there is that Flying Circus stuff for the IL2-Box series - but, personally, I think WOFF is a much better long-term simulator investment.

Von S smile

~ For my various FM/AI/FPS/DM Mods. for First Eagles 2, WoFF, RoF & WoTR, and tips for FlightGear, recommended is to check over my CombatAce profile (https://combatace.com/profile/86760-vons/) and to click on the "About Me" tab while there. ~
#4511773 - 03/19/20 07:51 PM Re: Ultimate vs Platinum [Re: rfxcasey]  
Randomizer Offline
Randomizer  Offline

Vancouver Island
Originally Posted by rfxcasey

I have stayed with UE using a number of mods that are all working as designed. Most of the PE features seem to be related to eye candy/performance. My UE already runs well enough and additional eye candy is largely irrelevant for my enjoyment of WOFF. A PE buy will probably happen at some point, depending upon what if any new aircraft are offered in the future. Being on a fixed income I can see no reason to upgrade at this time and I am quite happy with my tweaked UE installation...

-C

#4511777 - 03/19/20 08:29 PM Re: Ultimate vs Platinum [Re: rfxcasey]  
Wodin Offline
Wodin  Offline

Liverpool
Maybe wait to see what future expansion brings?

Personally I too have little money but WOFF updates\expansions are always bought at some point.

#4511901 - 03/20/20 05:38 PM Re: Ultimate vs Platinum [Re: rfxcasey]  
Polovski Offline
Polovski  Offline

Hotshot

Most people who upgraded to PE think it's really worth it over UE, but maybe in your case for now just get UE, and if you enjoy it then save up tor PE?

We have not decided how the new expansion will work but it's likely you will need PE. So I wouldn't put off getting PE because the next WOFF is sometime in the future coming (it definitely is not 2 weeks btw - we are a long way from finishing).

Regards,

Polovski,
OBD Software, developers of immersive flight sims;
Wings Over Flanders Fields and Wings Over The Reich
http://www.overflandersfields.com
http://www.wingsoverthereich.com

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
They wokefied tomb raider !!
by Blade_RJ. 04/10/24 03:09 PM