Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 163 of 384 1 2 161 162 163 164 165 383 384
#4508297 - 02/24/20 06:10 PM Re: What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw? *** [Re: MarkG]  
PanzerMeyer Online centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Online Centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by MarkG

Then her frozen corpse, floating in outer space, starts to twitch. She becomes fully conscious and starts flying in space like Superman! Maybe I'm not wise enough in the ways of the Force but this to me was just too ridiculous to keep watching. I stopped and deleted the movie, turned off the TV and went back to my tunes.

That was a ridiculous scene indeed but I'll also add that it was no more ridiculous than the pod racing sequence in Phantom Menace or basically any scene with Jar Jar Binks in it. smile

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4508298 - 02/24/20 06:13 PM Re: What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw? [Re: Mr_Blastman]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by Mr_Blastman
I fell asleep watching episode 8 of "The Witcher."

I'd say this is a definite sign that the show is not for you. smile

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4508305 - 02/24/20 06:38 PM Re: What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
MarkG Offline
Veteran
MarkG  Offline
Veteran

The Bayou
Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer

Then her frozen corpse, floating in outer space, starts to twitch. She becomes fully conscious and starts flying in space like Superman! Maybe I'm not wise enough in the ways of the Force but this to me was just too ridiculous to keep watching. I stopped and deleted the movie, turned off the TV and went back to my tunes.

That was a ridiculous scene indeed but I'll also add that it was no more ridiculous than the pod racing sequence in Phantom Menace or basically any scene with Jar Jar Binks in it. smile

SW to me will forever be Episodes IV, V and VI. I purchased the prequel trilogy mainly to see II and III (actually saw I in a theater) for the backstory. III was tolerable but I may never watch it again, whereas I'll sometimes marathon IV, V and VI (ESB being my favorite). I won't even try another newer one now as I don't want to spoil the story (for me it ends with VI RotJ).

The rusty wire that holds the cork that keeps the anger in
Gives way and suddenly it’s day again
The sun is in the east
Even though the day is done
Two suns in the sunset, hmph
Could be the human race is run
#4508306 - 02/24/20 06:40 PM Re: What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Mr_Blastman Offline
Hotshot
Mr_Blastman  Offline
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
I fell asleep watching episode 8 of "The Witcher."

I'd say this is a definite sign that the show is not for you. smile

The show is poorly written, storyboarded and structured. Maybe season 2 will find a better footing? Based on the showrunner's comments towards critics, though, I don't think it will. Very frustrating given the source material's quality.

#4508307 - 02/24/20 06:44 PM Re: What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw? [Re: MarkG]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
SW to me will forever be Episodes IV, V and VI. I purchased the prequel trilogy mainly to see II and III (actually saw I in a theater) for the backstory. III was tolerable but I may never watch it again, whereas I'll sometimes marathon IV, V and VI (ESB being my favorite). I won't even try another newer one now as I don't want to spoil the story (for me it ends with VI RotJ).

I highly, highly recommend you give "Rogue One" a shot. It is a direct prequel to Episode IV and I am 99% confident that you will like it.

Last edited by PanzerMeyer; 02/24/20 06:44 PM.

#4508308 - 02/24/20 06:44 PM Re: What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw? [Re: MarkG]  
Mr_Blastman Offline
Hotshot
Mr_Blastman  Offline
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA

If I want a ridiculous movie I'll watch Maximum Overdrive

At least "Maximum Overdrive" was entertaining and full of laughs. smile So bad it was good. "The Last Jedi," on the other hand... Hard to find anything noteworthy or positive there.

#4508311 - 02/24/20 06:47 PM Re: What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw? [Re: Mr_Blastman]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA

At least "Maximum Overdrive" was entertaining and full of laughs. smile So bad it was good.

And it featured a really great song by AC/DC "Who Made Who?".

#4508329 - 02/24/20 09:13 PM Re: What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
MarkG Offline
Veteran
MarkG  Offline
Veteran

The Bayou
I highly, highly recommend you give "Rogue One" a shot. It is a direct prequel to Episode IV and I am 99% confident that you will like it.

Will do.

At least "Maximum Overdrive" was entertaining and full of laughs. smile So bad it was good.

And it featured a really great song by AC/DC "Who Made Who?".

Along with other AC/DC tracks, but that's the main one.

The rusty wire that holds the cork that keeps the anger in
Gives way and suddenly it’s day again
The sun is in the east
Even though the day is done
Two suns in the sunset, hmph
Could be the human race is run
#4508548 - 02/26/20 05:36 PM Re: What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw? [Re: wheelsup_cavu]  
vonBaur Offline
vonBaur  Offline

Finally watched "Nobody's Fool" last night. The one from 1994, that starred Paul Newman and Bruce Willis and was the last movie featuring Jessica Tandy, released after she died. It was set in the fictional town of North Bath, NY. There really is a Bath, NY, but not North Bath (and the town is too small to be worth identifying the geographical difference). I'm originally from Northeastern Pennsylvania, and I was certain from the buildings that it had to have been shot somewhere in the region. So being a "credits watcher" I decided to see if they mentioned the location. They gave thanks to (meaning "portions most likely filmed in") Hudson, Poughkeepsie, and Fishkill, NY. For those of you not familiar with the area, Hudson is about 30 miles North of, and Fishkill about 35 miles South of, and all on the same side of the river as, The Old Rhinebeck Aerodrome and Museum (Poughkeepsie is between Fishkill and Rhinebeck.).

SALUTE TO ALL!
#4508632 - 02/27/20 01:02 PM Re: What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw? [Re: wheelsup_cavu]  
NoFlyBoy Online content
Hotshot
NoFlyBoy  Online Content
Hotshot

Altered Carbon Season 2 is on Netflix now.

[Linked Image]
#4508634 - 02/27/20 01:13 PM Re: What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw? [Re: NoFlyBoy]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by NoFlyBoy
Altered Carbon Season 2 is on Netflix now.

Yup. I’ll be watching the first episode next week.

#4508869 - 02/29/20 03:30 AM Re: What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw? [Re: wheelsup_cavu]  
NoFlyBoy Online content
Hotshot
NoFlyBoy  Online Content
Hotshot

Best Pacific War doc I ever viewed. Highly recommended. https://www.amazon.com/Pacific-War-Color-Season/dp/B07GJVV473

Darn. All the episodes are here free! https://hdclump.com/?s=+Pacific+War+in+Color

[Linked Image]
#4508879 - 02/29/20 06:43 AM Re: What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw? [Re: wheelsup_cavu]  
NoFlyBoy Online content
Hotshot
NoFlyBoy  Online Content
Hotshot

Just watch this week's Picard. Better each week!

Hey, there was one episode of Next Generation where the admirals had parasites in their necks and it open ended. Was there ever a sequel?

[Linked Image]
#4509095 - 03/02/20 03:11 AM Re: What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw? [Re: wheelsup_cavu]  
NoFlyBoy Online content
Hotshot
NoFlyBoy  Online Content
Hotshot

The Simpsons. Good episode. Makes fun of big movie franchises like Marvel Cinematic Universe with its never ending sequels, their crazed fans, movie spoilers and the ungodly amount of $ they bring in.

Bart uses spoilers for a superhero movie he saw to get what he wants, but two movie executives will stop at nothing to keep his knowledge secret.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
#4509106 - 03/02/20 04:12 AM Re: What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw? [Re: NoFlyBoy]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by NoFlyBoy
and the ungodly amount of $ they bring in.

This tripe again?

What kind of "ungodly" amount of money do you think the Simpsons has made in advertising revenue for Fox (now Disney) over the past 25+ years. wink

Last edited by PanzerMeyer; 03/02/20 11:40 AM.

#4509240 - 03/02/20 08:55 PM Re: What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw? [Re: wheelsup_cavu]  
Mr_Blastman Offline
Hotshot
Mr_Blastman  Offline
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
I'm six expisodes into "Mr. Robot" and the quality of writing is strikingly better than "The Witcher." Every episode has built upon the last with strong characters, plotting and worldbuilding. The best way I can describe the show is think of Chuck Palahniuk's "Fight Club" merging with Bret Easton Ellis's "American Psycho" and hints of Philip K. Dick.

I know it is way too soon to pass any kind of verdict, but I'm refreshed after wasting a week and a half on predigested poo compote.

#4509247 - 03/02/20 09:22 PM Re: What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw? [Re: wheelsup_cavu]  
NoFlyBoy Online content
Hotshot
NoFlyBoy  Online Content
Hotshot

That was the first Simpsons episode I watch this season.

[Linked Image]
#4509298 - 03/03/20 11:35 AM Re: What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw? [Re: Mr_Blastman]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
I'm six expisodes into "Mr. Robot" and the quality of writing is strikingly better than "The Witcher." Every episode has built upon the last with strong characters, plotting and worldbuilding. The best way I can describe the show is think of Chuck Palahniuk's "Fight Club" merging with Bret Easton Ellis's "American Psycho" and hints of Philip K. Dick.

I know it is way too soon to pass any kind of verdict, but I'm refreshed after wasting a week and a half on predigested poo compote.

I have not watched it yet but "Mr. Robot" has had overwhelmingly positive reviews by critics since it first debuted. It has a relatively small niche audience compared to most other "water cooler" shows but it managed to last several seasons.

#4509386 - 03/03/20 10:57 PM Re: What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw? [Re: wheelsup_cavu]  
NoFlyBoy Online content
Hotshot
NoFlyBoy  Online Content
Hotshot

Watching e4 of Warship Life at Sea S2. They eat better than I do! Smoked salmon at breakfast!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
#4509955 - 03/07/20 10:19 PM Re: What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw? [Re: wheelsup_cavu]  
Ssnake Offline
Virtual Shiva Beast
Ssnake  Offline
Virtual Shiva Beast
Hotshot

Germoney
Ford vs. Ferrari is the third racing film that is worth watching (in my book) because it works as a film and not just as gearhead fan service.

Jojo Rabbit is brutal in its humor, a spark of genius in a way. Definitely worth a look.

Page 163 of 384 1 2 161 162 163 164 165 383 384

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
They wokefied tomb raider !!
by Blade_RJ. 04/10/24 03:09 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.