Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4504625 - 01/22/20 04:51 PM Thrustmaster Combined, OK, but the physical joystick is OK too...  
Joao Muas Offline
Joao Muas  Offline

Portugal
Hi there.

I'm using a T.16000M joystick and it works perfectly in its normal mode.
But I'm facing a problem when loading a script configuration in Target.

What is happening is that sometimes (most of the times actually) it takes a little bit more to load the script, just a few seconds more, then when I check the Windows game controllers status I see

T.16000M, OK
Thrustmaster Combined, OK

The Target device analyzer also shows the 2 joystick active...

What is happening is that for whatever reason Windows is "not hiding" the T.16000M by keeping the Thrustmaster Combined virtual joystick only.
And on the Windows device settings page I see T.16000M Setup Incomplete. Restart Device.
This is very annoying because the physical joystick is still sending direct X input to programs, like Discoord for instance, it reads an input defined from the virtual joystick script + a DX input from the T.16000M in normal mode... When I restart it then it loads correctly and only the Thrustmaster Combined virtual joystick is active.

I'm using the latest 2018_FFD.exe drivers, and Target_v3018(328V2).exe software and I'm on Windows 10.
I don't really know when it started to act like this... any ideas of what might be causing this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4506050 - 02/03/20 10:31 PM Re: Thrustmaster Combined, OK, but the physical joystick is OK too... [Re: Joao Muas]  
Drakoz Offline
Drakoz  Offline

I have seen several people report issues like this with TARGET over the years. I don't think there is any one solution to solve it except to completely remove and re-install TARGET and the drivers for your controllers. At least I have seen some people say they did that and the problem went away, but I'm not sure.

#4506076 - 02/04/20 08:29 AM Re: Thrustmaster Combined, OK, but the physical joystick is OK too... [Re: Joao Muas]  
Joao Muas Offline
Joao Muas  Offline

Portugal
I tried to remove, re-install, use different USB ports, etc., but no luck...

The facts are these:

1) This is not a consistent behavior, I mean sometimes it just works as it should
2) When the problem occurs there are two "annoying ways" ways to solve it:
2.a) I unplug and re-plug the stick, this solves it 100% of times
2.b) Reboot the PC, most of the times it works, but not always, sometimes I need to reboot it twice

I tried this software USBDeview to make solution 2.a) simpler by running a bat file but it doesn't work; I have to physically connect and disconnect the stick.

Thrustmaster support says I should try it in another PC with USB 2.0 ports (mine are 3.0 and 3.1 but they were supposed to be backward compatible...)

I guess I have to live with it for the time being...

#4507801 - 02/18/20 05:20 PM Re: Thrustmaster Combined, OK, but the physical joystick is OK too... [Re: Joao Muas]  
Joao Muas Offline
Joao Muas  Offline

Portugal
In case someone else is facing this kind of problem, I'm to inform that since I got TARGET to load upon Windows startup, I never faced the problem again.
This leads me to think that the issue might be caused by the loading order of the drivers. There might be some conflict with another device which I couldn't trace, but by loading TARGET automatically upon startup seems to get it to load properly at all times. Thrustmaster support suggested I should reinstall the OS. No way! Thanks to Drakoz and all involved in the development of a sigle script/multi profile solution, which was what actually made me set up Target to run upon windows start, now I have Target running smoothly all time, no issues. Thank you.

#4508313 - 02/24/20 06:56 PM Re: Thrustmaster Combined, OK, but the physical joystick is OK too... [Re: Joao Muas]  
SAPPER Offline
SAPPER  Offline

Portugal
I have this issue with the Warthog. Unpluging and replugging my devices after reboot sets me good to go.

#4508321 - 02/24/20 07:27 PM Re: Thrustmaster Combined, OK, but the physical joystick is OK too... [Re: SAPPER]  
Joao Muas Offline
Joao Muas  Offline

Portugal
Originally Posted by SAPPER
I have this issue with the Warthog. Unpluging and replugging my devices after reboot sets me good to go.
True, but after some time of unplugging and replugging your precious device and you start feeling the socket is not so tight as it used to be, you start questioning yourself why do I have to do this... try loading it on start up and see how your life change smile

#4509496 - 03/04/20 07:53 PM Re: Thrustmaster Combined, OK, but the physical joystick is OK too... [Re: Joao Muas]  
SAPPER Offline
SAPPER  Offline

Portugal
Originally Posted by Joao Muas
True, but after some time of unplugging and replugging your precious device and you start feeling the socket is not so tight as it used to be, you start questioning yourself why do I have to do this... try loading it on start up and see how your life change smile

I have now implemented this, it works... sort of... well it works but it's not bullet proof. Yesterday restarted my PC several times, would not work. Today is working again...

#4510092 - 03/09/20 10:24 AM Re: Thrustmaster Combined, OK, but the physical joystick is OK too... [Re: SAPPER]  
Joao Muas Offline
Joao Muas  Offline

Portugal
I have now implemented this, it works... sort of... well it works but it's not bullet proof. Yesterday restarted my PC several times, would not work. Today is working again...

Do you happen to use TeamSpeak? I read something regarding a conflict between Target and TeamSpeak...

Anyway, try this:

Navigate to /Thrustmaster/TARGET/x64 and find the DeviceManagementApp and delet… no, just rename it to Old_DeviceManagementApp or something else and then try to run target.

The original discussion came from here:
https://forum.teamspeak.com/threads...master-Target-to-Bug?p=443627#post443627

If it doesn't solve your problem or you get some side effects, go back and rename DeviceManagementApp to its original filename.
One thing I noticed is that if I try to load a target script when TS is running, it takes much more time, and the problem described at the first post on this thread happens (in my case, there will still be a T16000 together with the Thrustmaster Combined joystick, thus sending double inputs - the DX one plus the scripted one).

When I tried this "fix", Target always starts normally even if TS is running, and everything is fine, except that TS doesn't recognize Direct X input from the device, but if your keybindings are mapped to keyboard keys, the problem is solved.

Give it a try.

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
They wokefied tomb raider !!
by Blade_RJ. 04/10/24 03:09 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.