Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4508165 - 02/23/20 08:35 AM Fury just obliterated Wilder for the WBC HW belt, anyone watch?  
Ajay Offline
Ajay  Offline
Veteran

Brisbane OZ

Good scrap, boxer v puncher and totally different to their first fight where Fury danced around and Wilder got a couple of massive right hand bombs in. Fury took it to him, looks like he blew Wilders eardrum in round two and Wilder was all over really, although he managed to last until 7 when his corner (thankfully) threw the towel in. All the Heavy Weight belts are now owned by the poms, and to rub it in Fury looked like he hardly broke a sweat and busted into a rendition of American Pie with the whole stadium joining in! The dude is an absolute mad man. This fight also finally surpassed the Lewis v Hollyfield gate record set in '99 which is no mean feat. Now we just need Fury v AJ and will finally have an undisputed heavyweight champ after 20 years. The last was Lewis after defeating Hollyfield in the '99 match.

Tyson Fury man, the guy is really next level stuff and just keeps on surprising me. Beating Klitscho to become heavyweight champ in 2018, where he sung an Aerosmith song to his missus in the ring lol. Going on a couple of years cocaine and booze bender and blowing out to 400 pounds and thinking about suicide then making a boxing comeback against and rising from the dead in their first match up, the only guy who had survived Wilders bombs and then to thoroughly batter him like he said he would today. Total Hollywood script.

My il2 page
Seelowe Campaign
Cliffs of Dover page
CloD
My Models
Tanks/Planes/Ships

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4508198 - 02/23/20 06:40 PM Re: Fury just obliterated Wilder for the WBC HW belt, anyone watch? [Re: Ajay]  
TerribleTwo Offline
Hotshot
TerribleTwo  Offline
Hotshot

I'm continually disappointed with modern heavyweights, the last great was Lewis and Klitschko fight.

Wilder fought stiffs. Tyson fought stiffs. These guys are clumsy and open, dropping their hands, tired after a few rounds. Horrible display.

The olds would have destroyed these amateurs. Frazier, Holmes, and yes Iron Mike in his prime.

"College graduates should not have to live out their 20s in their childhood bedrooms, staring up at fading Obama posters and wondering when they can move out and get going with life" - Paul Ryan
#4508199 - 02/23/20 06:55 PM Re: Fury just obliterated Wilder for the WBC HW belt, anyone watch? [Re: Ajay]  
vonBaur Offline
vonBaur  Offline

I don't watch boxing any more, more interested in MMA, now. Fighters have to be aware of a lot more. Saw a good ending last night on Bellator. Fighter A caught fighter B with two fast, solid rights, the second one turning out the lights. In MMA you don't stop when the other person goes to the ground, you keep fighting until the ref steps in. So fighter A landed two more hammerfists, which brought fighter B back to his senses just as the ref waved it off. Fighter B protests to the ref because he doesn't realize he was out. The ref explains it to him but, still unconvinced, he goes to his cornermen who are now entering the cage. He starts telling them that he wasn't out and one of them looks right at him and says, "We'll talk about it later."

Translation: "Dude, you were OUT!"

SALUTE TO ALL!
#4508201 - 02/23/20 07:33 PM Re: Fury just obliterated Wilder for the WBC HW belt, anyone watch? [Re: Ajay]  
Crane Hunter Offline
Veteran
Crane Hunter  Offline
Veteran

Master Meme-er
Fury is wasted on such a talent poor heavyweight era.

Wilder is so technically limited, he's like a poor man's Earnie Shavers.

#4508203 - 02/23/20 08:06 PM Re: Fury just obliterated Wilder for the WBC HW belt, anyone watch? [Re: Ajay]  
Ajay Offline
Ajay  Offline
Veteran

Brisbane OZ
Tough crowd biggrin

My il2 page
Seelowe Campaign
Cliffs of Dover page
CloD
My Models
Tanks/Planes/Ships

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.