Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
#4507374 - 02/14/20 02:01 PM Re: What's your rarest Steam achievement? [Re: DM]  
PanzerMeyer Online centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Online Centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by DM
Haven't checked, but I've got ~700 hours or so in ArmA3 and I don't believe I've achieved a single thing biggrin

Unless there's some sort of low-hanging achievement like just opening the editor.

Do you play it mostly single-player or multiplayer? I've noticed most of the achievements are for the single player campaigns and missions.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4507377 - 02/14/20 02:17 PM Re: What's your rarest Steam achievement? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
DM Offline
DM  Offline

Prague
Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer
Do you play it mostly single-player or multiplayer? I've noticed most of the achievements are for the single player campaigns and missions.

Single player, but I've never touched any campaigns or included missions. Always my own missions.

"They might look the same, but they don't taste the same."
#4507384 - 02/14/20 02:57 PM Re: What's your rarest Steam achievement? [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
The lowest hanging one is probably for checking out a showcase, if I recall.

GPL is one of my favorites. Used to run leagues, mostly at Frugals and before that at a site called Crash Test Dummies. At least three guys I used to race with are members here, Nimrud, McGonigle and Semmern. Man that was fun. Few things I've done have I approached with as much determination as GPL.

Edit: Oh, and Durrie and xjussix too.

Last edited by DBond; 02/14/20 03:11 PM.

No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!
#4507386 - 02/14/20 03:07 PM Re: What's your rarest Steam achievement? [Re: DBond]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by DBond
Few things I've done have I approached with as much determination as GPL.

Hands down, GPL has been the most challenging sim I've ever played. Some of the plane modules in DCS World are a close second place.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4507391 - 02/14/20 03:58 PM Re: What's your rarest Steam achievement? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
David Kennard Offline
David Kennard  Offline

Northern Virginia, USA
The lowest hanging one is probably for checking out a showcase, if I recall.

GPL is one of my favorites. Used to run leagues, mostly at Frugals and before that at a site called Crash Test Dummies. At least three guys I used to race with are members here, Nimrud, McGonigle and Semmern. Man that was fun. Few things I've done have I approached with as much determination as GPL.

Edit: Oh, and Durrie and xjussix too.

Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer
Few things I've done have I approached with as much determination as GPL.

Hands down, GPL has been the most challenging sim I've ever played. Some of the plane modules in DCS World are a close second place.

ADC is still running GPL races if anyone wants to dust off the game: http://forums.speedgeezers.net/index.php?s=03fe3797706cb9ab491266086ee70cea&showforum=27

"I'm a hundred miles away son, ready to strike"

GPL Racing: Average Drivers Club

SimHQ Motorsports: SimHQ Motorsports

EVGA Z170 Classified K MB, Intel i7-6700K CPU, EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW2 GPU, EVGA 850 G3 PSU, Bitfenix Dawn TG Case, Windows 10,
32gb T-Force Delta RGB DDR4 3600MHz Memory, 500gb WD Black SN750 NVMe Boot Drive

#4507394 - 02/14/20 04:10 PM Re: What's your rarest Steam achievement? [Re: DBond]  
David Kennard Offline
David Kennard  Offline

Northern Virginia, USA
Still poking through games on web interface and found a much lower one but it does not make any sense

Project Cars -

[Linked Image]

One More For The Road
Earned all other Trophies/Achievements

1% achieved this including me? which is weird because it is the only 1 of the 45 achievements listed that I have highlighted on achievement board

calling this one a glitch

Last edited by David Kennard; 02/14/20 04:13 PM.

"I'm a hundred miles away son, ready to strike"

GPL Racing: Average Drivers Club

SimHQ Motorsports: SimHQ Motorsports

EVGA Z170 Classified K MB, Intel i7-6700K CPU, EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW2 GPU, EVGA 850 G3 PSU, Bitfenix Dawn TG Case, Windows 10,
32gb T-Force Delta RGB DDR4 3600MHz Memory, 500gb WD Black SN750 NVMe Boot Drive

#4507395 - 02/14/20 04:14 PM Re: What's your rarest Steam achievement? [Re: David Kennard]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Originally Posted by David Kennard

ADC is still running GPL races if anyone wants to dust off the game

It's been alotta years, alotta years.

Don't know if you're on GPL Rank, but mine is -40.336, and a monster of -133.810. Nimrud is the fastest GPL driver I have raced with. He is an alien. So fast in fact that he would drive the Cooper or the BRM so we could have a shot at it smile

Eagle was my ride. But I ran one season in the Brabham, and we also ran a season with '65 cars.

#4507397 - 02/14/20 05:00 PM Re: What's your rarest Steam achievement? [Re: DBond]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA

Eagle was my ride. But I ran one season in the Brabham, and we also ran a season with '65 cars.

I drove the Lotus and the Ferrari exclusively. The only track I ever really learned how to drive well was Monza.

#4507411 - 02/14/20 07:17 PM Re: What's your rarest Steam achievement? [Re: David Kennard]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Originally Posted by David Kennard

calling this one a glitch

Are you saying that this achievement is awarded for getting every achievement, yet it's the only achievement you have?

PM, we had guys in those cars, but I didn't use them. I mean I drove them alot in chasing the GPL monster rank thing, which is a rating sort of like a score relative to par as in golf, but for all cars on all original tracks. But I didn't drive the Lotus or Ferrari in the leagues. The Lotus was clearly the fastest chassis, but had a tendency to blow up at the worst times biggrin

And everyone knows the Eagle is the finest Formula One car of all time.

'Par' in GPL Rank is the laptime of each replay for each track that Papy included with the sim. So if you beat it by a second, you're -1 under par if that makes sense.

#4507444 - 02/14/20 11:52 PM Re: What's your rarest Steam achievement? [Re: DBond]  
Ajay Offline
Ajay  Offline
Veteran

Brisbane OZ
Not the rarest at 1.8%, but my favourite..

[Linked Image]

From The Forest, survive 100 days without finding your son biggrin

Rarest is Confederate hero in Battle of Chickamauga at .7% for the game Ultimate General- Civil War. Seems to be the only game i have clocked on all difficulties.

[Linked Image]

My il2 page
Seelowe Campaign
Cliffs of Dover page
CloD
My Models
Tanks/Planes/Ships

#4507495 - 02/15/20 01:25 PM Re: What's your rarest Steam achievement? [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Well, maybe he didn't want to be found smile

These numbers are an odd thing at times. I bought Hitman 2 last night and got it installed, but have yet to play. I moused over some of the achievements that show on the home page on Steam. It said that 38% have completed the Prologue. I think that was the number. But how do less than half of the people complete the opening? Maybe it's optional or something. I'll dive in to it over the weekend.

#4507497 - 02/15/20 02:09 PM Re: What's your rarest Steam achievement? [Re: DBond]  
Lieste Offline
Lieste  Offline

Mine are from KC:D - three quite close together Pilgrim 0.4%, Infernal Justice 0.4%, Voyeur 0.3%, plus a bunch of others at 0.5% 0.6% and more ... Mind you fewer than 12.5% even completed it, so not surprising that so many of the later game achievements are rare.

I still have some of the rarer ones which I didn't and probably won't bother pursuing, but the ones I got I met in normal play.

#4507499 - 02/15/20 02:23 PM Re: What's your rarest Steam achievement? [Re: DBond]  
Chucky Online sosad
Veteran
Chucky  Online Sosad
Veteran

UK
Nothing rare here.

I got one in Miscreated that only 2% of players have and then a load of 2% ones for Killing Floor.

EV's are the Devils matchbox.
#4507502 - 02/15/20 03:00 PM Re: What's your rarest Steam achievement? [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
2% is very rare I would say Chucky.

What are those awarded for?

so not surprising that so many of the later game achievements are rare.

True, but I still am surprised by what I see sometimes. Like in Subnautica for example, 8% have completed the game. But like 20% have done the thing right before the end. So 12% of players played all that way just to drop it so close to completion. Odd, that.

#4507510 - 02/15/20 04:18 PM Re: What's your rarest Steam achievement? [Re: DBond]  
Chucky Online sosad
Veteran
Chucky  Online Sosad
Veteran

UK
Oh ok. I was seeing figures of 0.XX in this thread,2% didn't seem that rare.

Mine are...

Miscreated - Working on your tan. (You have to kill yourself by standing in fire. Not sure why that isn't more common but there you go.

Killing Floor - Amnesia. (Beat Forgotten map on Suicidal Difficulty)

Killing Floor - No Time for Love, Dr. Jones. (Win a short round (get it?) on KF-Hell map playing as or with Harchier Spebbington)

Killing Floor - Squire. (Beat Stronghold map on Hard Difficulty)

Killing Floor - Fractional Neutron Activator. (Beat Steamland map on Suicidal Difficulty)

Killing Floor - Advanced Omega Wave Resonance Explorer. (Beat Steamland map on Hell on Earth Difficulty)

There may be more 2% ones but I can't get them to display.

Just out of interest I have 212 of 285 (74%) of achievements earned in this game (898 hours played).

Last edited by Chucky; 02/15/20 04:18 PM.

#4507531 - 02/15/20 07:38 PM Re: What's your rarest Steam achievement? [Re: Chucky]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Originally Posted by Chucky
Oh ok. I was seeing figures of 0.XX in this thread,2% didn't seem that rare.

True, but I wanted to know what your most rare was, not who had the rarest. Thanks for the reply

Just out of interest I have 212 of 285 (74%) of achievements earned in this game (898 hours played)

Wow, I don't think I have that many in any game. Most I can think of is EU IV with 100 out of like 295. According to Steam I have 30% of what's available, but that's watered down by the fact that I have a number of games I never really got going in. Games where I got like 1 achievement then stopped playing.

In most games I don't pay too much attention, especially shooters where you get them just for playing. But some, especially like EU IV, are great, because they get me to play nations that I probably would not have otherwise. Or the requirements force me to do things I never would have like

Sinaasappel! (1.4%)
Get Orangists in power with 100% Republican Tradition, and owning a province in China.

I mean, if you are the Netherlands, you're probably not focused on land grabs in China.

Or,

The Burgundian Conquest (0.9%)
As Burgundy, own the Low Countries region as core provinces and have France and Austria as your subjects.

This one is fun, because you'd normally be looking to ally or destroy these nations, not beat them down enough to make them your subjects. So these achievements give me goals, which is vitally important for me, and force me to forge paths I probably would never have considered.

Or this one

Baltic Crusader (1%)
As Teutonic Order or Livonian Order, own all of Russia as core provinces and convert it to Catholic.

I mean, come on! biggrin

Speaking of EU IV, a few years ago I wrote an AAR for one of these achievement hunts. Some light reading should you ever find yourself bored smile

EU IV Consulate of the Sea

Last edited by DBond; 02/15/20 08:28 PM.

#4507533 - 02/15/20 07:58 PM Re: What's your rarest Steam achievement? [Re: DBond]  
Chucky Online sosad
Veteran
Chucky  Online Sosad
Veteran

UK
Yeah,I got quite engrossed in that game. I like to chase achievements,it makes it worth doing I think. Some of those levels,like the 'Hell on Earth' difficulty are nigh on impossible unless all the players are competent. You can't carry a mediocre player,they become a liability.

I have 353 hours on Elite in Steam and maybe the same again before I moved my account there. The joys of early retirement. Both a blessing and a curse in equal measure.

Last edited by Chucky; 02/15/20 08:09 PM.

#4511049 - 03/16/20 03:22 PM Re: What's your rarest Steam achievement? [Re: DBond]  
Chucky Online sosad
Veteran
Chucky  Online Sosad
Veteran

UK
I didn't see a need to create a separate thread for this so I'll pop it in here.

What brought this up was the other thread about games you couldn't get into and I listed Subnautica as a game I initially couldn't get too engrossed in. So I decided to re-install it and see what progress has been made and as it was installing I checked out my achievements. No surprise,I only have one, 'Getting Your Feet Wet' which you get by first diving in the water,something that you have to do to progress in the game.

Imagine my surprise when I see that only 74.3% of players have that achievement. That means that 25% of players have surely never played the game?

#4511052 - 03/16/20 03:34 PM Re: What's your rarest Steam achievement? [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Subnautica happens to be my only 'perfect' game, with all achievements attained. Thereare only 17 of them IIRC.

Yeah I see lots of this stuff. My guess is that some folks buy it and never play it, and maybe others get it as a bundle or free game for whatever reason and weren't interested to begin with.

#4511054 - 03/16/20 03:38 PM Re: What's your rarest Steam achievement? [Re: Chucky]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by Chucky

Imagine my surprise when I see that only 74.3% of players have that achievement. That means that 25% of players have surely never played the game?

Correct. What is unclear is whether that is 25% of people who have installed the game and never played it or 25% of people who have bought the game but haven't even installed it yet. Either way, it's an interesting insight into the purchase patterns of Steam members. I know several people who are "game hoarders" who buy games frequently when they are on sale but either never get around to playing them or they take a year or two before actually playing them.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying British Prime Ministers
by Tarnsman. 04/24/24 01:11 AM
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.