Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 19 of 31 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 30 31
#4499685 - 12/09/19 04:19 PM Re: Optional Cloud Mod [Re: BuckeyeBob]  
Becker01 Offline
Becker01  Offline

Only a short question for @PR and @BB:
Do you work on the optional cloud-mod for PE? The sky/cloud-grafic in PE is better than in UE, but I miss a few variants of your mods.

Thanks for answer.

Last edited by Becker01; 12/09/19 04:19 PM.
#4504917 - 01/24/20 11:07 PM Re: Optional Cloud Mod [Re: BuckeyeBob]  
BuckeyeBob Offline
BuckeyeBob  Offline

Ohio, USA
Sorry that I did not reply earlier. I haven't been monitoring this thread for a few months. So, Elephant and Becker01, let me see if I can answer your questions:

Originally Posted by elephant
Thaks guys, both explanations are valid!
Again, which is the actual difference between BB and PR? (in distance I suppose).

PS: I think I have BB option enabled at the moment.

There shouldn't be any difference in the horizon distance between most of the BB clouds and the PR clouds.The difference is that if you use JJJ's mission editor, there is a button you can click to enable "Buckeye Bob's Horizon fix." This extends the view distance by removing the foggy horizon from some of the original WOFF skies (good or fair weather conditions) at a cost of somewhat decreased framerates. Un-click the radio button if you prefer higher framerates.

“With Major Lawrence, mercy is a passion. With me it is merely good manners. You may judge which motive is the more reliable.”
#4504919 - 01/24/20 11:10 PM Re: Optional Cloud Mod [Re: elephant]  
BuckeyeBob Offline
BuckeyeBob  Offline

Ohio, USA

Originally Posted by elephant
orbyxP, has categorized this Mod, ias not compatible with PE.
What's the case?

Actually, I can't say, as I still don't have PE yet (Gasp)! However, there is nothing that I know of that should make the mod incompatible with PE. I think you can enable it without seeing any issues.

“With Major Lawrence, mercy is a passion. With me it is merely good manners. You may judge which motive is the more reliable.”
#4504920 - 01/24/20 11:12 PM Re: Optional Cloud Mod [Re: Becker01]  
BuckeyeBob Offline
BuckeyeBob  Offline

Ohio, USA
Originally Posted by Becker01
Only a short question for @PR and @BB:
Do you work on the optional cloud-mod for PE? The sky/cloud-grafic in PE is better than in UE, but I miss a few variants of your mods.

Thanks for answer.

Long story short, yes, I am currently working on an update of the cloud mod for PE. More details to follow, but for now, you should be fine using the current version.

And thank you for using my mod!

Last edited by BuckeyeBob; 01/24/20 11:13 PM.

#4505307 - 01/28/20 05:50 PM Re: Optional Cloud Mod [Re: BuckeyeBob]  
Becker01 Offline
Becker01  Offline

Hallo @BB,

thank you for answer and the very nice info about your mod-update in progress!!

I fly with your current version in PE because I can't do WOFF without your great cloud-mod and I haven't recogniced (significant) conflicts with PE so far.

Greetings!

#4505331 - 01/28/20 08:52 PM Re: Optional Cloud Mod [Re: BuckeyeBob]  
BuckeyeBob Offline
BuckeyeBob  Offline

Ohio, USA
Hallo, Becker01!

Thank you for your interest in the cloud mod.

A little background concerning my update. A few months ago, I thought I was only a few days away from releasing an update to the cloud mod when I learned that WOFF had just been updated to PE. This forced me to review my changes, and I realized that I had made a major mistake in my approach to updating the mod. Unfortunately, this would basically force me to start over on a project which had already consumed several months of my time. Right around that time, I also got hit with some work, health, and family issues which made it impossible for me to do any further work on the cloud mod. Hopefully, that has now passed, and I can go back to working on the update.

Instead of releasing the mod all at once, I now plan to release the mod in two stages. The first stage will contain several revisions to improve framerates and the appearance of some cloud types. This stage will also contain a handful of new cloud types. I may also revise a few of the very heavy cloud types so they aren't quite as dark and heavy or so you don't encounter them as much. This stage may also contain some revisions to the fog and mist files, but that may have to await the release of the second stage of the mod. Hopefully, I will be able to release this first stage in just a few weeks from now.

The second stage (if successful) will contain some changes that will hopefully reduce some of the left over cloud banding or popping problems. However, this part of the project will take much longer, so I don't have an estimated time when it might be ready yet. Hopefully, just a month or two, but who knows?

#4505399 - 01/29/20 12:25 PM Re: Optional Cloud Mod [Re: BuckeyeBob]  
Becker01 Offline
Becker01  Offline

Thanks for more details @BB!

Take the time you need for it. Job, health and family are more important!

Greetings!

#4505403 - 01/29/20 12:40 PM Re: Optional Cloud Mod [Re: BuckeyeBob]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man
RAF_Louvert  Offline
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man

L'Etoile du Nord

Thanks for applying your talents and time to this project BB, it is much appreciated. Your cloud work in the past has been stellar. PE is wonderful, but it did throw a kink into a fair number of the mods out there. Ah well, the price of progress I suppose.

Cheers!

Lou

[Linked Image]

Three RFC Brass Hats were strolling down a street in London. Two walked into a bar, the third one ducked.

Former Cold War Warrior, USAF Security Service 1974-1978, E-4, Morse Systems Intercept, England, Europe, and points above.
"pippy-pahpah-pippy pah-pip-pah"

#4505454 - 01/29/20 06:49 PM Re: Optional Cloud Mod [Re: BuckeyeBob]  
BuckeyeBob Offline
BuckeyeBob  Offline

Ohio, USA
Thank you for the words of encouragement! At the time I started, I didn't realize how much work I would wind up putting into the cloud mod and the historical weather mod. However, they have both turned into labors of love, and that keeps me going. It can become overwhelming, however, especially when real life intervenes.

Speaking of the historical weather mod, I am almost ready to release a new version which I hope will be even more historical than the existing version. Basically, the new version will reduce the number of flights in rainy (particularly heavy and medium rain) and extremely cloudy conditions by about 25%. I've also managed to sprinkle in a couple of weather changes for days in which i found references to the weather in the historical record. There are a number of additional changes, as well. All in all, this should mean your pilot will spend less time battling inclement weather, and more time battling enemy aircraft.

(Note: changes in the new version will probably be the most noticeable for those who also use my cloud mod, as there is a greater variety of heavy weather clouds in my mod than in the stock version. However, even users of the stock clouds should benefit from the updated weather files).

#4505469 - 01/29/20 08:28 PM Re: Optional Cloud Mod [Re: BuckeyeBob]  
elephant Offline
elephant  Offline

Patras-Greece
Thank you, BuckeyeBob
for this essential mod as well as your detailed answers to my questions.

cheers

WOFF UE, BOC member, Albatros pilot.

#4506837 - 02/09/20 09:47 PM Re: Optional Cloud Mod [Re: BuckeyeBob]  
BuckeyeBob Offline
BuckeyeBob  Offline

Ohio, USA
Version 2.00 of the historical weather mod is now ready for download. You can find a link to the latest update and the included readme file at the end of my first post in this thread. These files are JSGME ready. Please note that this mod is separate from, but can be used in conjunction with my optional cloud mod. I hope to have an updated version of the cloud mod available sometime in the next month or two.

Enjoy!

#4506846 - 02/09/20 11:14 PM Re: Optional Cloud Mod [Re: BuckeyeBob]  
hoongadoonga Offline
hoongadoonga  Offline

Thanks BuckeyeBob but I don't see a link to the new version of the historical weather mod in the first post.

I love your cloud mod and am looking forward to the upcoming revised one.

Last edited by hoongadoonga; 02/09/20 11:18 PM.
#4506847 - 02/09/20 11:39 PM Re: Optional Cloud Mod [Re: BuckeyeBob]  
mandrews Offline
mandrews  Offline

South Carolina
Originally Posted by BuckeyeBob
Version 2.00 of the historical weather mod is now ready for download. You can find a link to the latest update and the included readme file at the end of my first post in this thread. These files are JSGME ready. Please note that this mod is separate from, but can be used in conjunction with my optional cloud mod. I hope to have an updated version of the cloud mod available sometime in the next month or two.

Enjoy!

I'm confused. The link to the weather mod in the first post of the thread leads to the 1.45 version of the weather mod. Is it ready the 2.00 version?

i7-7700 @ 3.6GHz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSD (OS) + SSD (Games), GTX 1070 Ti, Acer Predator Z35p 3440x1440 GSync
#4506848 - 02/10/20 12:08 AM Re: Optional Cloud Mod [Re: mandrews]  
BuckeyeBob Offline
BuckeyeBob  Offline

Ohio, USA
Originally Posted by hoongadoonga
Thanks BuckeyeBob but I don't see a link to the new version of the historical weather mod in the first post.

I love your cloud mod and am looking forward to the upcoming revised one.

Originally Posted by mandrews

Enjoy!

I'm confused. The link to the weather mod in the first post of the thread leads to the 1.45 version of the weather mod. Is it ready the 2.00 version?

Just checking to see if you were paying attention! Seriously, I think old age is creeping galloping up on me. I thought I had edited the page, but I guess I forgot to click on the update post button. Anyways, the link at the bottom of the first post should be working now. Please note that the file on Sandbagger's web site has not been updated yet.

#4506850 - 02/10/20 12:21 AM Re: Optional Cloud Mod [Re: BuckeyeBob]  
Fullofit Offline
Fullofit  Offline

Ajax, ON
Bob, it is not the old age. It is the giddiness of a schoolgirl showing through due to this new release. Congrats on another fine version of this awesome mod.

"Take the cylinder out of my kidneys,
The connecting rod out of my brain, my brain,
From out of my arse take the camshaft,
And assemble the engine again."
#4506862 - 02/10/20 01:07 AM Re: Optional Cloud Mod [Re: BuckeyeBob]  
BuckeyeBob Offline
BuckeyeBob  Offline

Ohio, USA
Tee, hee, giggle, giggle! You are SO right, Fullofit! I mean, gag me with a spoon! Whatever!

#4506957 - 02/10/20 09:51 PM Re: Optional Cloud Mod [Re: BuckeyeBob]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

Ive been away for a while but just wanted to pop by and say thanks Bob for yours and others continued modding work on this phenomenal title...Cheers pal

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.
#4506974 - 02/10/20 11:24 PM Re: Optional Cloud Mod [Re: BuckeyeBob]  
Robert_Wiggins Offline
BWOC Survivor!...So Far!!
Robert_Wiggins  Offline
BWOC Survivor!...So Far!!
Hotshot

Lindsay, Ontario, Canada
Hi Bob;

Just ran the latest update of your mod and it run very nicely. No negative impact on my performance so far. thumbsup

(System_Specs)
Case: Cooler Master Storm Trooper
PSU: Ultra X3,1000-Watt
MB: Asus Maximus VI Extreme
Mem: Corsair Vengeance (2x 8GB), PC3-12800, DDR3-1600MHz, Unbuffered
CPU: Intel i7-4770K, OC to 4.427Ghz
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 240M Liquid CPU Cooler
Vid Card: ASUS GTX 980Ti STRIX 6GB
OS and Games on separate: Samsung 840 Series 250GB SSD
Monitor: Primary ASUS PG27AQ 4k; Secondary Samsung SyncMaster BX2450L
Periphs: MS Sidewinder FFB2 Pro, TrackIR 4

#4506993 - 02/11/20 02:30 AM Re: Optional Cloud Mod [Re: BuckeyeBob]  
mandrews Offline
mandrews  Offline

South Carolina
Originally Posted by mandrews

Enjoy!

Just checking to see if you were paying attention! Seriously, I think old age is creeping galloping up on me. I thought I had edited the page, but I guess I forgot to click on the update post button. Anyways, the link at the bottom of the first post should be working now. Please note that the file on Sandbagger's web site has not been updated yet.

It's galloping up on more than just you -- that's why I assumed I was confused smile. Thanks for the great work.

i7-7700 @ 3.6GHz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSD (OS) + SSD (Games), GTX 1070 Ti, Acer Predator Z35p 3440x1440 GSync
#4507011 - 02/11/20 05:28 AM Re: Optional Cloud Mod [Re: BuckeyeBob]  
BuckeyeBob Offline
BuckeyeBob  Offline

Ohio, USA
Thanks, mates!

Robert, if the mod causes any negative impact on the game's performance, then something is seriously wrong!

Page 19 of 31 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 30 31

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
CD WOFF
by Britisheh. 03/28/24 08:05 PM
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.