Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4505228 - 01/28/20 09:39 AM Control WOFF with a PHONE or TABLET  
Evochron Offline
Evochron  Offline

Why is it good?

You can swap between games without needing to remember any keys at all as you can set one up for each game.Just run any game and go straight away.

If you haven't bought Wings Over Flanders Fields (WOFF) yet, don't hesitate as you only have to set up axis controls and a fire button - the rest are done for you!!

Quicker and easier than using a keyboard (not need to hold shift keys or look for a key).

For me a keyboard breaks immersion.

For Il2-1946, Xplane and Falcon BMS (just starting) I use 3 different third party tablet controllers that were made specifically for each one.

So I prefer using a tablet.

Its a bit like having a customized simpit for each one - if you try it you may agree.

Response time is fantastic and it doesn't disconnect or crash

How to install?

It is for Car Racing sims but if you download the app from google play and purchase ONLY the "Button Box" option for a few dollars then you can download button box templates from the community - these are free. The only other thing to do is to download the PC app.

to install sim dashboard and get it running takes only a few minutes:

1) PC - download and install the PC program
https://www.stryder-it.de/simdashboard/

2) Phone/tablet - install the app
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.stryder_it.simdashboard&hl=en_US

3) have both running

4) on the phone/tablet app press the 3 dots top-right for settings then choose "setup your pc" and there is a wizard.

5) Then - Note you need to make a SINGLE BUTTON BOX - then put in 3 BLANK PAGES (in Android app search for my name "Fang" - then for each page choose 1 of the 3 pages. That way a single press will take you to the next page eg I prefer to press the top left corner to go to each page.

You can edit easily, for example crank starting required me to change something in the keys file, you may wish to simply make it "E" for auto start

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Btw I initially made one for the greatest space game Evochron Legacy (like Elite Dangerous but without the time wasting and with far more content) which also works with its sister program Arvoch Alliance (think Wing Commander/Free Space like missions story) - can use TrackIR if you have it and joystick setup is easy - has great dogfighting - also has a community modpack:

https://www.starwraith.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=13484

Last edited by Evochron; 03/05/20 01:45 AM.
#4505242 - 01/28/20 11:37 AM Re: I made a SimDashboard - control WOFF with a tablet [Re: Evochron]  
Polovski Offline
Polovski  Offline

Hotshot

That sounds excellent Evochron, a lot easier to click "Drop Bomb" icon than work out which key represent that. Maybe I will make this a sticky.

Regards,

Polovski,
OBD Software, developers of immersive flight sims;
Wings Over Flanders Fields and Wings Over The Reich
http://www.overflandersfields.com
http://www.wingsoverthereich.com
#4505357 - 01/29/20 02:02 AM Re: I made a SimDashboard - control WOFF with a tablet [Re: Evochron]  
Evochron Offline
Evochron  Offline

Thanks!

I fixed the initial post so the pics show now.

#4505393 - 01/29/20 12:00 PM Re: I made a SimDashboard - control WOFF with a tablet [Re: Evochron]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man
RAF_Louvert  Offline
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man

L'Etoile du Nord

This looks very intriguing, I may just have to try it out. Thanks for sharing, Evochron.

Cheers!

Lou

[Linked Image]

Three RFC Brass Hats were strolling down a street in London. Two walked into a bar, the third one ducked.

Former Cold War Warrior, USAF Security Service 1974-1978, E-4, Morse Systems Intercept, England, Europe, and points above.
"pippy-pahpah-pippy pah-pip-pah"

#4505492 - 01/30/20 01:02 AM Re: I made a SimDashboard - control WOFF with a tablet [Re: Evochron]  
Evochron Offline
Evochron  Offline

You are welcome smile

You can edit easily, for example crank starting required me to change something in the keys file, you may wish to simply make it "E" for auto start.

#4510830 - 03/14/20 03:11 AM Re: I made a SimDashboard - control WOFF with a tablet [Re: Evochron]  
Evochron Offline
Evochron  Offline

Update notice will take up to 24 hours from now.

I have made a new 3 screen V2 as well using graphic elements (more on this later).

For both V1 and V2.
- Screen 1 - time does not cycle so I added a PLUS and a MINUS button instead.

Last edited by Evochron; 03/14/20 03:13 AM.

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford