Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13
#4507013 - 02/11/20 05:31 AM Re: VonS "Casual Campaigns" WOFF Thread [Re: VonS]  
VonS Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac
VonS  Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac

(Note: "4RingDim" patch was used for the latest missions; also installed now are the BuckEye Bob clouds (ver. 2.9.2), but without JJJ's Mission Editor; see post above this one for the latest ver. 1.3 addon to the GPU Tuner Patch.)

[Narrative removed - see relevant update in the very first post of this "casual campaigns" thread for more info.]

Von S smile

[Linked Image]

Attached Files 1pic.jpg2pic.jpg3pic.jpg4pic.jpg5pic.jpg6pic.jpg
Last edited by VonS; 06/02/22 12:17 AM. Reason: Edited post.

~ For my various FM/AI/FPS/DM Mods. for First Eagles 2, WoFF, RoF & WoTR, and tips for FlightGear, recommended is to check over my CombatAce profile (https://combatace.com/profile/86760-vons/) and to click on the "About Me" tab while there. ~
#4507014 - 02/11/20 05:39 AM Re: VonS "Casual Campaigns" WOFF Thread [Re: VonS]  
BuckeyeBob Offline
BuckeyeBob  Offline

Ohio, USA
VonS, you are a machine!

I wish I could explain the micro-stuttering issue that sometimes occurs with the RingDim values. Unfortunately, it may be one of those individual system type of things. I'll post my personal settings tomorrow for you to have a look at, but I completely understand if you want to get back to enjoying the game instead of constant testing and tweaking.

“With Major Lawrence, mercy is a passion. With me it is merely good manners. You may judge which motive is the more reliable.”
#4507016 - 02/11/20 05:51 AM Re: VonS "Casual Campaigns" WOFF Thread [Re: VonS]  
VonS Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac
VonS  Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac

[Narrative removed - see relevant update in the very first post of this "casual campaigns" thread for more info.]

Von S smile

[Linked Image]

Attached Files pic1.jpgpic2.jpgpic3.jpgpic4.jpgpic5.jpgpic6.jpgpic7.jpgpic8.jpg
Last edited by VonS; 06/02/22 12:18 AM. Reason: Updated post.

~ For my various FM/AI/FPS/DM Mods. for First Eagles 2, WoFF, RoF & WoTR, and tips for FlightGear, recommended is to check over my CombatAce profile (https://combatace.com/profile/86760-vons/) and to click on the "About Me" tab while there. ~
#4507018 - 02/11/20 06:01 AM Re: VonS "Casual Campaigns" WOFF Thread [Re: BuckeyeBob]  
VonS Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac
VonS  Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac

Originally Posted by BuckeyeBob
VonS, you are a machine!

I wish I could explain the micro-stuttering issue that sometimes occurs with the RingDim values. Unfortunately, it may be one of those individual system type of things. I'll post my personal settings tomorrow for you to have a look at, but I completely understand if you want to get back to enjoying the game instead of constant testing and tweaking.

I'd be happy to look over your compositescenerybudgets file Bob - might help me out if I decide to do any future tweaking to the files.

Von S smile

#4507076 - 02/11/20 04:42 PM Re: VonS "Casual Campaigns" WOFF Thread [Re: VonS]  
Redwolf Offline
Redwolf  Offline

Maple Ridge, B.C., Canada
Thank you so much for your GPU Tuner Patches! Most excellent and well done. smile
Although mileage is going to vary depending on operating system, CPU, graphics card, and driver here are some stats for my system that I calculated based upon as standardized bench marking I could do (though imprecise as there was no set "track" for testing - but these were formulated by 3 run averages of each condition in identical weather, identical enemies, doing basically the same thing each time over 3 min frap logs):

Comparison to PR v2 (Quality)

PR v3 (High): - 10.99% fps average
VonS v1.2: - 1.01% fps average
VonS v1.3: - 2.54% fps average

So for me, both VonS versions I tested (sorry, didn't do v1.1) were better than PR (High) and quite close to PR (Quality), while looking better overall. Also, imho, VonS v.1.3 looks the best compared to VonS v1.2 and is only a very minor sacrifice in fps (at least for me).

Win10/ i5-7600/ 16GB RAM/ GTX1660 Super
#4507106 - 02/11/20 07:09 PM Re: VonS "Casual Campaigns" WOFF Thread [Re: Redwolf]  
VonS Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac
VonS  Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac

Originally Posted by Redwolf
Thank you so much for your GPU Tuner Patches! Most excellent and well done. smile
Although mileage is going to vary depending on operating system, CPU, graphics card, and driver here are some stats for my system that I calculated based upon as standardized bench marking I could do (though imprecise as there was no set "track" for testing - but these were formulated by 3 run averages of each condition in identical weather, identical enemies, doing basically the same thing each time over 3 min frap logs):

Comparison to PR v2 (Quality)

PR v3 (High): - 10.99% fps average
VonS v1.2: - 1.01% fps average
VonS v1.3: - 2.54% fps average

So for me, both VonS versions I tested (sorry, didn't do v1.1) were better than PR (High) and quite close to PR (Quality), while looking better overall. Also, imho, VonS v.1.3 looks the best compared to VonS v1.2 and is only a very minor sacrifice in fps (at least for me).

Thank you for the feedback - I'm very pleased that the GPU Tuner Patch is helping with fps/smoothness of flight, and other good things. As you've noticed, ver. 1.3 slightly improves graphics at great distances, and also - theoretically - should give slightly crisper ground textures at low-alts., since it introduces several extra "ringdim" levels - although it slightly reduces fps compared to ver. 1.2. Ver. 1.1, visual-quality-wise, is somewhere between vers. 1.2 and 1.3. Overall, my patches are slightly less-gpu intensive than the PR level-3 and level-4 (high and highest) quality patches - but, in general, good visuals have been maintained - with an absolute minimum, sometimes absence, of micro-stuttering.

Happy flying all,
Von S smile

#4507231 - 02/13/20 04:54 AM Re: VonS "Casual Campaigns" WOFF Thread [Re: VonS]  
VonS Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac
VonS  Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac

(Note: the next 5-6 missions will follow adventures in the Fokk. Eindecker E.IIa; will also run some future missions with ver. 1.3 of the GPU Tuner Patch, currently running ver. 1.2 and pleased with the fps and smoothness.)

Von S smile

[Linked Image]

Attached Files pic1.jpgpic2.jpgpic3.jpgpic4.jpgpic5.jpgpic6.jpgpic7.jpgpic8.jpgpic9.jpg
Last edited by VonS; 06/02/22 09:56 PM. Reason: Updated post.

#4507322 - 02/14/20 03:53 AM Re: VonS "Casual Campaigns" WOFF Thread [Re: VonS]  
VonS Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac
VonS  Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac

Quick interlude regarding the GPU Tuner Patch - while it works wonderfully with WOFFpe, I don't recommend using it with WOTR.

Have now tested all three of the vers. in WOTR, and, much like with the Panama Red level-3 and level-4 tweaks when tested in WOTR, I'm getting noticeably blurry textures in the distance, at high alts., with little to no benefit to the fps. Yes there are no blue triangles but, still, at this point I recommend either running WOTR stock, or, if you don't mind occasional blue triangles at low alts. - but would prefer all-round crisp textures, especially at alts., and an improvement by about 10-15 fps over stock ratings, implement the following tips ------>

1. use the budget numbers listed, in text, under my long WOFF on a Mac thread, for the compositescenerybudgets file in WOTR

2. use the ring numbers listed, in text, under my long WOFF on a Mac thread, for the compositetexturebudgets file in WOTR (the info. for the compositetexturebudgets file is located further below the info. regarding the compositescenerybudgets file there, in that long thread/post)

3. in the Terrain file, under /shaders30, set the floating point size to 512 (leave the patch pixel dim value at stock, 256, in the compositetexturebudgets file, and also leave at stock value in the two d3d8 ini files)

If I stumble onto a trick that eliminates blue triangles fully in WOTR, without giving me fuzzy textures in the distance, I'll post results under this "Casual Campaigns" thread. The trick lies somewhere in the compositetexturebudgets file since that is the one that eliminates blue triangles but brings in fuzzy distance textures unfortunately. The crisper the distance textures, the greater the risk of blue triangles at low alts. Fortunately the blue triangles are not seen regularly - but you do get more fps with the tips listed above.

Hope to have a mission up in a few days.

Happy flying,
Von S smile

Last edited by VonS; 06/02/22 12:20 AM. Reason: Edited post.

#4507752 - 02/18/20 05:38 AM Re: VonS "Casual Campaigns" WOFF Thread [Re: VonS]  
VonS Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac
VonS  Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac

Did some more tinkering, this time for WOTR, and I think I've managed to come up with a few tweaks that I'm happy with for WOTR. Fuzzy/blurry distance graphics at higher alts. have been eliminated, no blue triangles are present at low alts., and the tweaks give a slight increase over stock fps in WOTR (although not as great a difference as fps improvements in WOFFpe). Those who enjoy running my GPU Tuner Patch for WOFFpe, and also have a copy of WOTR, might want to check out the patch and install instructions at the link here:

https://SimHQ.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4507751/gpu-tuner-patch-for-wotr

The trick to getting rid of fuzzy distance textures at higher alts. in WOTR is to include the following two entries, under the rings sections, in the compositetexturebudgets file:

<Ring PatchWorldDim="16384" ... MinMaskRadius="53248"/>
<Ring PatchWorldDim="8192" ... MinMaskRadius="40960"/>

The trick for getting rid of blue triangles at low alts. in WOTR is, in the same file, to avoid including the following two entries at the bottom of the rings sections:

<Ring PatchWorldDim="64" ...>
<Ring PatchWorldDim="32" ...>

Further, "minmaskradius" nos. for the 128 and 64 "patchworlddim" levels, at stock values of 768 and 384, seem to cause trouble (better is a value of 256 "minmaskradius" for 128 "patchworlddim," etc.).

Hope to get back to flying casual campaigns in WOFFpe very soon. The Eindecker E.IIa awaits!

Von S smile

Last edited by VonS; 02/18/20 05:58 AM. Reason: Added info.

#4507932 - 02/19/20 11:18 PM Re: VonS "Casual Campaigns" WOFF Thread [Re: VonS]  
VonS Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac
VonS  Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac

(note: ver. 1.2 of the GPU Tuner Patch for WOFF was run for this mission; also installed are BB's clouds (ver. 2.9.x); as well, the latest ver. 2.1 of JJJ's MultiMod is being used)

Von S smile

[Linked Image]

Attached Files pic1.jpgpic2.jpgpic3.jpgpic4.jpgpic5.jpgpic6.jpgpic7.jpgpic8.jpg
Last edited by VonS; 06/02/22 12:21 AM. Reason: Updated post.

#4508157 - 02/23/20 05:15 AM Re: VonS "Casual Campaigns" WOFF Thread [Re: VonS]  
VonS Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac
VonS  Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac

Hello fellow WOFF flyers,

The latest ver. 1.4 of the GPU Tuner Patch for WOFF is now available under the following post:

https://SimHQ.com/forum/ubbthreads....casual-campaigns-woff-thread#Post4505865

Ver. 1.4 includes an improved compositetexturebudgets file that further improves far textures at high alts., although with a slight fps drop (see the instructions/info. under the relevant post). It is an optional patch that goes on top of any of the other three patches. Also modified is the base patch, now at ver. 1.1.1 - the base patch includes an improved preload.xml file (more extensive than the previous preload file).

Hope to fly the latest mission soon. smile

Happy flying,
Von S

Last edited by VonS; 06/02/22 12:22 AM. Reason: Edited post.

#4508375 - 02/25/20 06:35 AM Re: VonS "Casual Campaigns" WOFF Thread [Re: VonS]  
VonS Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac
VonS  Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac

(note: ver. 1.2 of the GPU Tuner Patch loaded, also BB's clouds ver. 2.9.x, and JJJ's MultiMod ver. 2.1)

Von S smile

[Linked Image]

Attached Files pic1.jpgpic2.jpgpic3.jpgpic4.jpgpic5.jpgpic6.jpgpic7.jpgpic8.jpgpic9.jpgpic12.jpg
Last edited by VonS; 06/02/22 09:57 PM. Reason: Updated post.

#4508397 - 02/25/20 01:41 PM Re: VonS "Casual Campaigns" WOFF Thread [Re: VonS]  
Rick_Rawlings Offline
Rick_Rawlings  Offline

Great story! I have to say that first picture looks pretty cold and lonely!

The older I get, the more I realize I don't need to be Han, Luke or Leia. I'm just happy to be rebel scum...
#4508404 - 02/25/20 02:35 PM Re: VonS "Casual Campaigns" WOFF Thread [Re: VonS]  
carrick58 Offline
Hotshot
carrick58  Offline
Hotshot

Well told story. It sucked me right in after the opening lines.

#4508443 - 02/25/20 06:38 PM Re: VonS "Casual Campaigns" WOFF Thread [Re: VonS]  
VonS Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac
VonS  Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac

@RR and Carrick,

Much appreciated gents' - didn't think these stories were as well-read as they are. WOFF is one of the most "yarn friendly" biggrin sims I've ever had the pleasure of flying, well done OBD. Will tinker with repainting the E.IIa before taking it up on the next mission. yep

Von S

Last edited by VonS; 06/02/22 12:24 AM. Reason: Edited post.

#4508455 - 02/25/20 07:52 PM Re: VonS "Casual Campaigns" WOFF Thread [Re: VonS]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

Great stuff VonS,I'm really enjoying reading your stories pal.

Also a big thank you for your GPU tuner patches..I use both the WOFF and WOTR versions thumbsup

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.
#4508875 - 02/29/20 04:29 AM Re: VonS "Casual Campaigns" WOFF Thread [Re: Adger]  
VonS Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac
VonS  Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac

Originally Posted by Adger
Great stuff VonS,I'm really enjoying reading your stories pal.

Also a big thank you for your GPU tuner patches..I use both the WOFF and WOTR versions thumbsup

Thank you Adger, and glad to hear that the Tuner Patches are working well for you.

Von S smile

#4508876 - 02/29/20 04:32 AM Re: VonS "Casual Campaigns" WOFF Thread [Re: VonS]  
VonS Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac
VonS  Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac

(note: ver. 1.2 of the GPU Tuner Patch for WOFF installed; also BB's clouds ver. 2.9.2; JJJ's MultiMod ver. 2.1; "aircraft stress damage" settings are at default in the MultiMod when flying my modded FMs, as for the E.IIa - they are set slightly higher when flying the stock FMs such as the M.S. Parasol types)

Von S smile

[Linked Image]

Attached Files pic1.jpgpic2.jpgpic3.jpgpic4.jpgpic5.jpgpic6.jpgpic7.jpgpic8.jpgpic9.jpgpic11.jpg
Last edited by VonS; 06/02/22 09:58 PM. Reason: Updated post.

#4508944 - 02/29/20 08:01 PM Re: VonS "Casual Campaigns" WOFF Thread [Re: VonS]  
SebToombs Offline
SebToombs  Offline

UK
Hi VonS,
I've been playing with all the tuners 1.1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4 and they are superb! Thank you so much for your great work!

Seb

#4508960 - 02/29/20 11:14 PM Re: VonS "Casual Campaigns" WOFF Thread [Re: SebToombs]  
VonS Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac
VonS  Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac

Originally Posted by SebToombs
Hi VonS,
I've been playing with all the tuners 1.1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4 and they are superb! Thank you so much for your great work!

Seb

Pleased to hear that all the various patches of the GPU Tuner are working well Seb - I'm currently running ver. 1.1.1. with the 1.2 "4ringdim" addon applied, and fps hardly ever drop below about 100, especially at higher alts. Will try out the other two patches (ver. 1.3 and 1.4) eventually in the campaigns.

I hope that the German pilot's C.O. likes the new paint job on the Eindecker when he gets back to Ghistelles - otherwise I have a more toned-down skin in store for him that he'll probably appreciate. biggrin Hope to fly the latest mission soon.

Von S

Last edited by VonS; 06/02/22 12:26 AM. Reason: Edited post.

Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM