Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 13 1 2 10 11 12 13
#4585305 - 11/16/21 07:05 PM Re: VonS "Casual Campaigns" WOFF Thread [Re: VonS]  
trustworthykebab Offline
trustworthykebab  Offline

Panama Red, would there be a way for you to share it? Or would I need to do it myself by picking every tile?

#4585306 - 11/16/21 07:13 PM Re: VonS "Casual Campaigns" WOFF Thread [Re: VonS]  
Polovski Offline
Polovski  Offline

Hotshot

Note you would need to own any of the programs involved in the making of the files in that mod so for Example WOTR and WOFF versions etc.

Regards,

Polovski,
OBD Software, developers of immersive flight sims;
Wings Over Flanders Fields and Wings Over The Reich
http://www.overflandersfields.com
http://www.wingsoverthereich.com
#4585308 - 11/16/21 07:53 PM Re: VonS "Casual Campaigns" WOFF Thread [Re: VonS]  
VonS Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac
VonS  Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac

@PR - an excellent idea biggrin , I think I now have a new side-project to create for myself varied seasonal terrains - will cherry pick through my BH&H2, WOFF PE, and also my WOFF UE terrains and will post some pics. here if I like the results.

@TWK - as Pol says, you would have to own those particular versions of WOFF (or WOTR), and then to create do-it-yourself JSGME-friendly packages as per my various posts (for sound, terrain, etc. mods). With sound and terrain mods. - files are technically not being modded on a per-file basis but simply re-arranged for loading into WOFF - so it's obvious therefore why such "unmodded" mods. are not available publicly since they would contain large chunks, unmodded, of WOFF or WOTR itself. Best is to extract such files from relevant WOFF versions that you own, and then to cherry-pick further from those files. Maybe also contact OBD regarding further details about that - perhaps a proof-of-purchase for a particular version of WOFF and then delivery of a sound/terrain mod. from that particular ver. of WOFF may be feasible - but I'll let you 'gents and OBD sort out such details.

Important info. (which I hope is obvious) -- I will not be posting any sound/terrain mods. or providing PM links to such mods. (those are for my private use since I own both WOFF UE & PE, also BH&H2) - but virtual fliers who own previous vers. of WOFF and would like to set up such do-it-yourself mods. are welcome to follow directions posted in the relevant "tinkering" posts of this casual campaigns thread.

Cheers all,
Von S smile2

Last edited by VonS; 11/17/21 06:38 AM. Reason: Edited post.

~ For my various FM/AI/FPS/DM Mods. for First Eagles 2, WoFF, RoF & WoTR, and tips for FlightGear, recommended is to check over my CombatAce profile (https://combatace.com/profile/86760-vons/) and to click on the "About Me" tab while there. ~
#4585312 - 11/16/21 08:33 PM Re: VonS "Casual Campaigns" WOFF Thread [Re: VonS]  
Panama Red Offline
Panama Red  Offline

Irmo, SC, USA
Not only do you need to own all the various Terrain tiles, but I spend most of the last 5 months "tweaking" a lot of the various Terrain tiles so the colors match and look realistic as they flow from month to month.

I would really like to post this mod for everybody else to use, but it is quite large since a number of months have more than half of their terrain tiles replaced from the BH&H2 terrain tiles and I would have to figure out how to get it all over to Sandbagger so he could post it.

When I say each month is different, the Monthly variables consist of four items:
1. Fields - as they go from fallow in the Winter, to growth in the Spring, to harvest in the Summer and back to fallow in the Autumn.
2. Grass - as it goes from green/brown in the Winter, to new growth in the Spring, to mature growth in the Summer and back to green/brown in Autumn. This means a lot of different grass shades as it progresses month to month.
3. Vegetation - as i goes from barren in the Winter, to budding and new leaves in the Spring, to mature leaves in the Summer, to Fall foliage (from green/brown to bright colored leaves to barren) in Autumn.
4. Civilization - Cities, towns and villages tiles as they match the surrounding terrain tiles throughout the 12 months.

As a result of these four variables, no two months (other than Jan-Feb, i.e. deep Winter) look exactly alike so when you are flying on high and look down, it looks exactly as it would in real life on the Western Front. woot

CPU = i9 11900K
GPU = RTX 3080 Ti
Monitor = ASUS ROG Swift PG32UQX 2160p G-sync
#4585316 - 11/16/21 09:26 PM Re: VonS "Casual Campaigns" WOFF Thread [Re: VonS]  
trustworthykebab Offline
trustworthykebab  Offline

Fair enough, I didn't think of all the issues with sharing such a mod when I asked. Maybe an extra excuse to get WOTR?? I also read about the new war period being worked on -- biggrin

#4585450 - 11/19/21 05:36 AM Re: VonS "Casual Campaigns" WOFF Thread [Re: VonS]  
VonS Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac
VonS  Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac

And a few more, final pics. regarding my terrain/scenery tweaks in BH&H2 - for this casual campaigns thread. Did a bit more mixing and matching of trees, and also applied many of the 4L0M seasonal terrains from his mod. (from the WOFF UE era) over the terrains from my previous WOFF PE install, over the last several days - then loaded them all via JSGME into BH&H2 patch 1.17 - and I am pleased with the results. With the tweaked, cherry-picked WOFF UE and PE terrains and my WOFF UE sounds loaded in BH&H2, I think I will now just retire my FrankenWOFF 4.18 install to an external hard drive, for safe keeping, and will focus on some BH&H-ing instead. Flies and looks now just like 4.18 biggrin but with the added benefit of engine popping noises, vibrations, and animated guns.

Cheers all and happy do-it-yourself modding for that retro WOFF feel in BH&H2,
Von S smile2

Autumn in the Alsace (near Belfort)

[Linked Image]

More Autumn in the Alsace

[Linked Image]

Light Autumn Snow on Some Trees in the Alsace

[Linked Image]

Winter Full Snow in the Alsace is a middle-of-the-road mix between my "medium winter" and "full winter" folders from WOFF 4.18 (there is no "medium winter" option in BH&H2 by the way, only full and light winter - so I went with this compromise with a few green patches showing, similar to results for Flanders in the pic. further below)

[Linked Image]

Autumn in Flanders (near Bailleul), no snow

[Linked Image]

Winter in Flanders, no snow

[Linked Image]

Winter in Flanders, light snow

[Linked Image]

Winter in Flanders, full snow (as a variation on medium and full snow from WOFF 4.18)

[Linked Image]

Attached Files 01_fallAlsaceJPG.jpg02_fallAlsaceJPG.jpg03_winterlightsnowFlandersJPG.jpg04_winternosnowFlandersJPG.jpg05_falllightsnowAlsaceJPG.jpg06_winterfullsnowAlsaceJPG.jpg07_winterfullsnowFlandersJPG.jpg08_fallnosnow_FlandersJPG.jpg
Last edited by VonS; 11/19/21 05:43 AM. Reason: Embedded representative pics.

~ For my various FM/AI/FPS/DM Mods. for First Eagles 2, WoFF, RoF & WoTR, and tips for FlightGear, recommended is to check over my CombatAce profile (https://combatace.com/profile/86760-vons/) and to click on the "About Me" tab while there. ~
#4585615 - 11/20/21 09:53 PM Re: VonS "Casual Campaigns" WOFF Thread [Re: VonS]  
Becker01 Offline
Becker01  Offline

@PR,

that's great, a 12 months-terrain! But it would not be fair to offer it for free. I don't know a flight-sim with such a feature and you have invested very much time.
+ IMHO the best idea is to offer the 12-months-terrain to OBD. It would be an absolut stand-alone-feature for this sim. Of course I can't say anything about the work / use - quotient in relation to the WOFF-development
+ And maybe it is possible to integrate medium winter in BH&H2 in one of the next patches.

And please let me say, that OBD has made the terrain better and better from version to version in my eyes. And if so, the actual BH&H2-terrain should be the base for both points I have mentioned.

Greetings!

Last edited by Becker01; 11/20/21 09:55 PM.
#4585620 - 11/21/21 12:20 AM Re: VonS "Casual Campaigns" WOFF Thread [Re: VonS]  
VonS Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac
VonS  Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac

@Becker, good points.

As far as I know, PR has cherry-picked and modified older terrains dating from OFF 3 all the way to WOFF PE, as well as some terrains from WOTR, and has made his custom terrains mod. that way. I on the other hand have cherry-picked from WOFF UE and PE-era terrains, also borrowed several painted terrains from the excellent 4L0M seasonal textures packs (for WOFF UE), and have then JSGME-loaded such a mixed pack into my BH&H2 install. So, technically, we are both using older terrain mixtures that we like to see (since we also own those previous versions of WOFF, and WOTR). But I agree that such custom terrain modifications would also be possible with stock BH&H2 terrains providing that willing modders decide to hand-paint those textures for more varied seasonal changes.

I have the feeling, however, that 4L0M has disappeared from terrain modding in WOFF - and I am no good at painting terrains - so perhaps some of our other enthusiastic WOFFers will eventually tinker with hand-painting of BH&H2 terrains for more seasonal variations. Also a +1 to integration of the "medium winter" level into future BH&H2 patches, obviously if possible. In terms of OBD offering such a custom terrains patch, or allowing it as an add-on -- I think the simplest route at this point would be if someone (who owns BH&H2) hand-painted stock BH&H2 terrains for further variations, in the same way that 4L0M tackled seasonal terrains in WOFF UE way back when --- this would then not require that WOFFers also own older versions of WOFF, prior to BH&H2, if they want to load terrain mods. --- much simpler that way from many different points of view.

On another note, I am pleased to see the Italian front looking good in BH&H2 as well (I briefly loaded Lou's excellent Italy mod. in BH&H2 yesterday, to see how it works and looks). Representative pics. below (with my custom terrains mod. loaded). Here's hoping that the Italian front will eventually get fleshed out in BH&H2.

Cheers all and happy WOFFing,
Von S smile2

Views at Novaledo

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Also went for a stroll above the 'drome biggrin

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Attached Files 01Italy.jpg02Italy.jpg03Italy.jpg04Italy.jpg05Italy.jpg06Italy.jpg
Last edited by VonS; 11/21/21 12:25 AM. Reason: Embedded representative pics.

#4585623 - 11/21/21 01:48 AM Re: VonS "Casual Campaigns" WOFF Thread [Re: VonS]  
Panama Red Offline
Panama Red  Offline

Irmo, SC, USA
Becker01:
I would love it if OBD wanted to ever use my 12 Month Seasonal mod.

I create my mods for the whole WOFF community to use, since I have used other peoples mods over the years too (give and receive by the community just makes the game so much better).

I too wish OBD would bring back the Medium Winter setting (it's more work for them which is why I think they dropped it). But I have figured a "half work around" so I still have Medium Winter tiles show up in January-February.

I just have to "get off my butt", package it up and get it over to Sandbagger to post.

VonS:
There is one piece of my mod that is not OBDs directly and that is the same 4L0M Autumn November trees that you show in some of your pictures. OBD has yet to match his tree colors for November so I still use 4L0M's version.

CPU = i9 11900K
GPU = RTX 3080 Ti
#4585675 - 11/22/21 10:55 AM Re: VonS "Casual Campaigns" WOFF Thread [Re: VonS]  
Polovski Offline
Polovski  Offline

Hotshot

Thanks, Panama Red, and your work is much appreciated. The problem with 12 months of terrain tiles is the massive problem with updating each time. So that would be 21 sets of terrains that would need tweaking and fixing each time.
It's already 7 terrain sets for snow etc for the current 4 seasons.

It's best to keep it as a personal mod, as we would not want that released with all the textures from all our OBD releases in 1 place.

If you make your own textures new, or photo realistic version etc, then of course that would be OK, and we'd be interested but very wary as we could not update it easily.

Regards,

Polovski,
#4585688 - 11/22/21 02:23 PM Re: VonS "Casual Campaigns" WOFF Thread [Re: VonS]  
Panama Red Offline
Panama Red  Offline

Irmo, SC, USA
Pol:
I understand exactly what you are saying and in reality agree because OBD is only a three man team and your limited time is better utilized improving WOFF and WOTR versus "painting" a bunch of tiles.

The only thing that would be nice though is the ability to "automatically" advance the 12 Seasonal Months like your 4 Seasonal Tiles in the game like you have for JJJ's ME mod or Third Party Missions in the Workshop settings versus using the JSGME all the time to activate or deactivate each month. biggrin

And thanks again for your great games. thumbsup

CPU = i9 11900K
GPU = RTX 3080 Ti
#4585700 - 11/22/21 04:25 PM Re: VonS "Casual Campaigns" WOFF Thread [Re: VonS]  
Polovski Offline
Polovski  Offline

Hotshot

Hi PR, WM says yes he may have a look at that later, after WOTR stuff.. no worries.

Regards,

Polovski,
#4585714 - 11/22/21 08:30 PM Re: VonS "Casual Campaigns" WOFF Thread [Re: VonS]  
Panama Red Offline
Panama Red  Offline

Irmo, SC, USA
Pol:
That would be greatly appreciated when WM get a chance. boing cheers yeah

CPU = i9 11900K
GPU = RTX 3080 Ti
#4585755 - 11/23/21 06:49 AM Re: VonS "Casual Campaigns" WOFF Thread [Re: VonS]  
VonS Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac
VonS  Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac

Exciting discussions there gents' on possible terrain/tile expansions in BH&H2 - looking forward as always to further developments in the sim. that keeps on giving. To quote the young Mr. Grace again from Are You Being Served - "You've all done very well!"

On another note, please find below - recopied from the WOFF threads on CombatAce, some brief info. regarding a further, small tweak I have included and that accompanies (as optional addon) the FrankenBHAH Enhancement Package Ver. 1.1. (It's an alternative simulation.xml file that accompanies the already, slightly modified simulation.xml file located within the FrankenBHAH Package, and should be installed after that package.)

Happy flying,
Von S smile2

-----
The FrankenBHAH Enhancement Hardcore Addon Ver. 1.15 for the BH&H2 Enhancement Package (not for the WOTR Package) is now included under this post. Install directions may be found in the "Read Me" file that accompanies this very small addon. In short, the Hardcore Addon makes for more challenging regular flying, and dogfights, in BH&H2 (more engine failures, more wiry opponents, etc.).
-----

Representative Pic. of a Real Tight Dogfight with the Hardcore Addon Ver. 1.15 Loaded (for white-knuckle excitement and daily sedentary exercise for the virtual armchair flier yep)

[Linked Image]

Attached Files FrankenBHAHhardcoreaddon.jpg
Last edited by VonS; 11/23/21 06:53 AM. Reason: Embedded representative pic.

#4585759 - 11/23/21 10:28 AM Re: VonS "Casual Campaigns" WOFF Thread [Re: VonS]  
Becker01 Offline
Becker01  Offline

@PR and @Pol,

that's a great thing thumbsup thumbsup !

Greetings!

#4585802 - 11/23/21 06:53 PM Re: VonS "Casual Campaigns" WOFF Thread [Re: VonS]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

Cheers VonS il certainly take a peek at your FrankenBHAH mod thumbsup

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.
#4586097 - 11/29/21 11:09 AM Re: VonS "Casual Campaigns" WOFF Thread [Re: VonS]  
SebToombs Offline
SebToombs  Offline

UK
Thanks VonS! Superb … I look forward to trying it out.

Seb

#4587077 - 12/14/21 07:58 AM Re: VonS "Casual Campaigns" WOFF Thread [Re: VonS]  
VonS Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac
VonS  Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac

Getting ready to do some FM tweaks for a Benz-powered (150 hp) Alby D.I and also the Spad 17, so I first did some casual flying in my FrankenWOFF 4.18 install - will do the FM tweaks in 4.18 and then upgrade for BH&H2 - saves time that way. BH&H2 1.17 clouds looking nice when backported into 4.18 too, by the way - so I'm posting a few pics. below. Winter terrains are a custom tweak of the mid-winter option in 4.18 - with a few extra tiles taken from full winter, and popped into the mid-winter folder. Will maybe do a brief vid. or two once the Benz Alby and Spad 17 FMs are up and running, either in 4.18 or BH&H2, or both.

Cheers all and happy flying (also happy holidays to all if I don't post again before the new year),

Von S smile2

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Attached Files 01.jpg02.jpg03.jpg04.jpg
Last edited by VonS; 12/14/21 08:05 AM. Reason: Embedded pics.

#4587278 - 12/16/21 06:55 AM Re: VonS "Casual Campaigns" WOFF Thread [Re: VonS]  
VonS Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac
VonS  Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac

Early Alb. D.I Benz-powered (150 hp) tweak now complete, as well as for the Spad 17 (300 hp). Recommended service dates for the Benz Alb. D.I, for those who like historical WOFFing, are Sept/Oct 1916 or so; switch to the standard Alb. D.I by about Nov/Dec of '16, and feel free to upgrade to the 170 hp "field-mod" Alb. D.I by about the spring of '17 if you are still stuck with the D.I then (instead of being upgraded to the D.II at least by the opening of '17). SPAD 17 tweak also now complete - feel free to use from about August of 1918, especially if you have ace-status by then (even rarer than the 235 hp SPAD 13 and goes only to the best pilots). Will upgrade the Benz Alby and SPAD 17 for BH&H2 before publicly releasing the tweaks both for WOFF UE/PE and BH2.

(All Alb. D.I variants, including SPAD 13/17 variants, should be loaded one at a time via JSGME, since otherwise the last-loaded variant replaces the previous-loaded variant of the same type.)

A couple of representative vids linked to under the relevant pics below (other mods being used in FrankenWOFF 4.18 are BB's excellent ver. 2.9.2 clouds pack, the enhanced clouds from BH2 1.17, also several 4L0M clouds - see two pages prior in this thread for directions regarding cloud mods - also loaded, as always, is my subtle bloom variant for the Bucksnort SweetFX mod for UE 4.18 and earlier ... as well visible is Olham's Albatros cockpit mod, being used without his pilot face-mask mod, etc.).

Any minor stutters/FPS hits in the vids are largely thanks to my video capturing method (MSI Afterburner). Take note that a couple of mins from each clip are not playable via the DropBox window (max streaming limit of 15 mins for free DropBox accounts - to view the whole clips, download to device, but keep in mind that each clip is about 1 GB in size - originally 10 Gigs per clip biggrin but I reduced the size via VLC Player).

Also of note is the SPAD 17 pilot - both he and his alter ego jumped out late during the dogfight - WOFF never ceases to amaze me, with always a new surprise when flying. The alter ego had more style than the pilot and appeared to salute before dropping in a series of exceptional somersaults. yep

Cheers all and happy flying in obscure and well-known 'crates in WOFF of any vintage,
Von S

[Linked Image]

Video Removed

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Video Removed

Attached Files Spad17Benz_1.jpgBenzSpad17_1.jpgBenzSpad17_2.jpg
Last edited by VonS; 05/17/22 07:42 PM. Reason: Edited post.

#4587410 - 12/18/21 06:10 AM Re: VonS "Casual Campaigns" WOFF Thread [Re: VonS]  
VonS Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac
VonS  Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac

And one more post for this casual campaigns thread before the new year - the latest FM Addon Packages for BH&H2, also for WOFF UE/PE, and that contain the Benz-powered (early) Alb. D.1, as well as the SPAD 17 (300 hp), may by found under the relevant WOFF/WOTR thread linked to in my contact/signature file below. Scroll up/down under that thread to find the relevant packages (the BH&H2 FM packages are located towards the bottom of that thread, and included there is a link to the WOFF UE/PE FM packages too).

Also find included below the pic. in this post links to vids. of the Benz Alb. D1 and SPAD 17, as flown in BH&H2 patch 1.17. Mods. being run in my BH&H2 install include my custom WOFF UE-era sounds package, the scenery package that mixes UE/PE terrains, as well as 4L0M's custom terrains, my ReShade preset file for BH&H2, the FrankenBHAH Enhancement Package and other various addon tuners included under the WOFF/WOTR mods. thread, etc. Also visible in one of the clips is a nice panorama of clouds courtesy of beta3 of the latest BB Clouds Pack that is being tested. (Apologies for leaving Classical Radio Venice running in the background in the two clips, although it goes well with WOFFing.)

I will leave my (minor) upgrade of the RFC-Nieups for a final, later version of the FM packs for WOFF UE/PE and BH&H2 - maybe a mini-project for when I find more free time.

Happy upcoming holidays to all fellow WOFFers,
Von S smile2

[Linked Image]

Videos Removed

Attached Files BH2_117_SPAD17andBenzAlbD1.jpg
Last edited by VonS; 05/17/22 07:43 PM. Reason: Edited post.

Page 12 of 13 1 2 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Headphones
by RossUK. 04/24/24 03:48 PM
Skymaster down.
by Mr_Blastman. 04/24/24 03:28 PM