Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4504237 - 01/19/20 06:26 PM Hello - Some observations and a question  
MartinDavies Offline
MartinDavies  Offline

UK
Hi
I'm new to WOFF UE but a long time on and off player of flightsim's .I started out on CFS under the name Alcorn (yes i'm old lol ).Then did the il2 thing for many years.
Firstly I have to say what an enjoyable Sim this is .Yes there is no online element to it ;mainly I suspect due to the way it works.....but who knows what the future might bring(this kind campaign mode online where the aim is to keep your pilot alive , would for me be the holy grail lol ).Like all pc sims this one involves a little bit of system tweaking to get the best from it; but the advice is generally available in the FAQ and in various forums.Everybodys system and budget is varied so it is worth seeking out what works for you .I'm using an older pc that I resurrected with a radeon card and a simple flightstick ..Spending shed loads on equipment isn't really my bag lol 'as I have other commitments .Regarding frame rates ..I have no idea how many people manage to get phenomenal frame rates ,but I suspect it's costly ;-)Personally I find if it runs smooth and you are getting on or around or above 30 fps this game is just fine.For me adding a bit of salvaged RAM from an older pc I had really smoothed my gameplay out.I'm flying my 1915 campaign in real time(no compression ) for the RNAS in a BE 2 and have so far built up 25 hours or so of really enjoyable flights .No kills yet but a few scrapes along the way ;-)One thing I have noticed is if you jump in the gunners seat for a nose around and then go back to the cpit ..he may well go to sleep when you encounter an enemy ..i'm not sure why but I know this is an experimental view ;-).I am going to purchase P.E in a couple of weeks and am wondering if it has much impact on how the game runs for anybody else ?.As I've said i'm very happy with it at the moment but I do have space to add 25 percent more RAM if I need it ;-)
Cheers if you've read this far ...and happy flying to you all

#4504283 - 01/20/20 03:08 AM Re: Hello - Some observations and a question [Re: MartinDavies]  
HarryH Offline
HarryH  Offline

Welcome MartinDavies! PE is worth having for scenery improvements alone. For me it runs slightly smoother than UE, too. Rear gunners vary in alertness. Sometimes you'll get a great one, other times, not.

Once you get comfortable with things, come join us in a DiD campaign (see sticked post in the forum). That is campaign mode with a bunch of us sticking to the same flying dates and comparing stories. Closest you'll get to MMP campaigns with this old bird wink

System: i5 8600K @ 3.6GHz,16GB DDR4 @2666MHz. RTX2080, MSI Z370 mobo, Dell 27" G-SYNC @ 144Hz. 2560x1440

#4504317 - 01/20/20 01:52 PM Re: Hello - Some observations and a question [Re: MartinDavies]  
MartinDavies Offline
MartinDavies  Offline

UK
Thanks for the reply and the invite HarryH..I will most certainly have a shot at DiD :-)

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans