Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
#4502141 - 12/31/19 06:33 PM Re: Should I call the Police? [Re: NoFlyBoy]  
Blade_RJ Offline
Simhq Weather man, dropping rain in your parade
Blade_RJ  Offline
Simhq Weather man, dropping rain in your parade
Hotshot

brasil
Since this is a reincident issue going for months i recommend you go to the sherriffe, police distrinct,station, whatever it is called in your part of america and talk to a officer what are your options, so when you do file something it already has weight, if you feel threatened you can ask to go back scorted.........and worse case if he murders you ,at least they will have a suspect and you know they will catch him eventually. Cos sound like he is either stashing drugs or body parts to me

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4502143 - 12/31/19 06:44 PM Re: Should I call the Police? [Re: NoFlyBoy]  
NoFlyBoy Offline
Hotshot
NoFlyBoy  Offline
Hotshot

So he may be a Ted Bundy?

[Linked Image]
#4502146 - 12/31/19 07:03 PM Re: Should I call the Police? [Re: NoFlyBoy]  
Crane Hunter Offline
Veteran
Crane Hunter  Offline
Veteran

Master Meme-er
If you get the police involved, it'll make it far more difficult to pursue the matter by other means in the likely event that it doesn't get the desired results.

#4502159 - 12/31/19 09:45 PM Re: Should I call the Police? [Re: NoFlyBoy]  
Zamzow Offline
Zamzow  Offline

Cops are useless for this unless you're a woman doing the calling.

I just went through the same problem for the past 4 months. Except I'm UPSTAIRS, but the noise downstairs was such that I may as well been living downstairs from extremely noisy neighbors, at all hours.

I basically started retaliating (with noise of my own, and to serious extremes, and acting like a complete psychopath (well after a while it was only half acting!).

They moved out, and even said to my face it was because of me. Whatever, I won, they lost.

#4502174 - 12/31/19 11:00 PM Re: Should I call the Police? [Re: NoFlyBoy]  
NoFlyBoy Offline
Hotshot
NoFlyBoy  Offline
Hotshot

Cops are useless.

They are good for showing up after the fact.

Women get restraining orders and still get killed or hurt because Cops can't help them.

Cops nowadays are good for stopping people for petty traffic violations and issuing them tickets to generate money for the department and cities they represent,

[Linked Image]
#4502181 - 12/31/19 11:25 PM Re: Should I call the Police? [Re: NoFlyBoy]  
Raw Kryptonite Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Raw Kryptonite  Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran

MS
If it's a condo there should be an association you can file a complaint with that could fine the owner. He’d be under pressure to get the guy in line or find another tenant. Document, document, document.

·Steam: Raw Kryptonite ·MWO & Elite Dangerous: Defcon Won ·Meager youtube channel
·Intel i5-9600K ·EVGA GTX1070 FTW 8GB ·EVGA CLC 120 Cooler
·16 GB Patriot Memory VIPER 4 3000MHz ·GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO WiFi Mobo
· CORSAIR CARBIDE AIR 540 case ·BenQ BL3200PT monitor
#4502183 - 12/31/19 11:43 PM Re: Should I call the Police? [Re: NoFlyBoy]  
NoFlyBoy Offline
Hotshot
NoFlyBoy  Offline
Hotshot

We call the owner and got voice mail and left a message and never got a call back.

But it's the holiday and he could be out of town.

If he doesn't return our call by the end of the week, we will call the HOA.

Idiot upstairs is still quiet today.

He is not even slamming the front door several times as he always does when he goes in and out of the unit.

Hopefully his new quietness will be permanent.

[Linked Image]
#4502485 - 01/02/20 11:40 PM Re: Should I call the Police? [Re: NoFlyBoy]  
ricnunes Offline
ricnunes  Offline

Portugal
I don't know how the laws regarding neighbor noise work where you live but from according to my personal experience and the laws where I live, I would say that if your neighbor continues with the same "noisy behavior" then definitely call the cops since you already did 'everything' you could which was to reason with your neighbor.

There's one thing you could try beforehand (before calling the cops) which is to talk with the owner of your neighbor apartment (something that I noticed that you're been trying) and tell him that you will call the cops if your neighbor continues with the same behavior. Maybe he could be a kind of owner that doesn't like cops to be called at his condos (not good for his rep) and therefore he will take action to solve the problem at hands.

Anyway, if the above doesn't work then by all means you should call the cops and if I were you I would call them when you see the noise problems stating up or resuming I wouldn't wait an extensive amount of time to call them - The reasoning for this is that this way there's a bigger chance that when the cops arrive that they will witness firsthand your neighbor's behavior.

From my perspective/personal experience I also had months ago similar problems with neighbors residing on the condo/floor below mine (late nigh parties with loud music, loud conversations/laughing, etc... this at late hours in the night) and as such so I called the cops! They told me that they would talk with the neighbors. Silence for the next couple of days then the noise returned and then I called the cops a second time! They told me that they would talk with the neighbors but now with threatening to fine them. Silence for the next couple of weeks this time. But then again the noise returned and called the cops a third time! This time they were being quite loud when the cops arrived (even louder compared with the 2 previous times). The cops fined my neighbors! Several months forward and afterwards and now the problem seem to have been solved.

Bottom line and despite laws being different from place to place or country to country, I would say that it's quite possible that calling the cops a first time won't immediately solve the problem and neither or probably calling them a second time will but keep insisting (if necessary) they should inevitable have to take an action.

I would definitely not recommend retaliatory measures (threats and such) against your neighbor since IMO you will lose your argument but that's my humble opinion.

#4502488 - 01/03/20 01:11 AM Re: Should I call the Police? [Re: NoFlyBoy]  
NoFlyBoy Offline
Hotshot
NoFlyBoy  Offline
Hotshot

Update:

so far he has been quiet.

The owner never returned my call from 12/30.

I will call him tomorrow and also call the HOA regardless whether the noise starts back up or not.

Thank you again everyone.

[Linked Image]
#4502598 - 01/04/20 12:32 AM Re: Should I call the Police? [Re: NoFlyBoy]  
Dart Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Dart  Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Lifer

Alabaster, AL USA
Maybe the toilet is no longer a volcano and the floor is no longer lava.

The opinions of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

More dumb stuff at http://www.darts-page.com

From Laser:
"The forum is the place where combat (real time) flight simulator fans come to play turn based strategy combat."
#4502604 - 01/04/20 01:51 AM Re: Should I call the Police? [Re: Dart]  
NoFlyBoy Offline
Hotshot
NoFlyBoy  Offline
Hotshot

Originally Posted by Dart

I don't understand.

Still quiet.

Hoping it's permanent.

[Linked Image]
#4502607 - 01/04/20 02:31 AM Re: Should I call the Police? [Re: Dart]  
Mr_Blastman Online content
Hotshot
Mr_Blastman  Online Content
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
Originally Posted by Dart

The floor is always lava; stay off the floor!

#4502720 - 01/05/20 12:40 PM Re: Should I call the Police? [Re: NoFlyBoy]  
Lucky_1 Offline
Lucky_1  Offline

Mehlingen, Germany
This reminds me of my earlier college days. I used to have this guy who loved playing his guitar between 2 or 3 o'clock in the morning, during weekdays and weeknights, it was totally random. I would bang on the ceiling, it would stop for a few minutes, then start up again. When I would get up in the morning, I would knock on the door and never got anyone to answer. This went on for quite some time until I decided I had had enough. I happened to have a CD called "Jet Sounds" which had high-quality recordings of various jet aircraft. I then duct-taped my speakers to the ceiling and selected two choice tracks, first was the SR-71 engine start procedure, followed by a C-5 Galaxy take-off. For those unfamiliar with the SR-71 engine start, it had to use a "start cart" that was powered by two V-8 Engines that would accelerate to about 3500-4500 RPMs.

I waited and had everything set up, ready to go. He started playing guitar again. I knocked on the door upstairs, no answer. Then, I went back downstairs and let it rip. It sounded like the apartment was about to get by a 747 Jumbo jet. Peace and quiet that night.

The next morning, as I left for school, I heard the upstairs door shut, so I waited to catch the guitar playing dude and confront him. To my horror and surprise, I noticed that a sweet old lady in her 80s or 90s came out of the apartment!!! I realized then that the guitar player had actually been next door to me instead of upstairs. That poor lady, she probably thought a dump truck with nitro-glycerin was crashing through her apartment.

Moral of the story, be careful when confronting people about noises in an apartment and do some research to make sure you are certain who is making the noise. I admit, what I did was
irresponsible and immature, but, I do have a great story to tell for years to come! hahaha

#4502856 - 01/06/20 04:47 PM Re: Should I call the Police? [Re: Lucky_1]  
ricnunes Offline
ricnunes  Offline

Portugal
Originally Posted by Lucky_1

The next morning, as I left for school, I heard the upstairs door shut, so I waited to catch the guitar playing dude and confront him. To my horror and surprise, I noticed that a sweet old lady in her 80s or 90s came out of the apartment!!! I realized then that the guitar player had actually been next door to me instead of upstairs. That poor lady, she probably thought a dump truck with nitro-glycerin was crashing through her apartment.

Moral of the story, be careful when confronting people about noises in an apartment and do some research to make sure you are certain who is making the noise. I admit, what I did was
irresponsible and immature, but, I do have a great story to tell for years to come! hahaha

LOL, that's hilarious! rofl

#4502943 - 01/07/20 01:53 PM Re: Should I call the Police? [Re: NoFlyBoy]  
bones Offline
Hotshot
bones  Offline
Hotshot

Earth
In our last residence, it was a 2 unit townhome and the townhome attached to us had a couple that would have really loud and obnoxious sex very frequently. Their bedroom shared a wall with ours. It was very awkward seeing them during the day knowing what was going on and it was annoying. But it's like, what do you say to not have it be awkward? And if they get offended or upset by the complaint, well, we live literally right next to them and it would be very uncomfortable having to live there and deal with repercussions.

One time we came back home from our nightclub and it was like 3 am and from the driveway you can hear them going at it. My wife yelled out, "From outside, REALLY?!?!?" and that was kinda funny. Other times, I would point the speakers at the wall and play the hardest industrial music I had at full blast. My wife and I would dance to our enjoyment at their expense.

But what really go them to stop? When we had our son. We had the crib in our room and I had it against the wall that was shared with them. Many many times through the night he would wake up crying to be fed, or be changed, or whatever--you parents know how it goes. Nothing ruins libido like a crying baby reminding you of what your activity could result in, or make you feel guilty for doing it while a baby is trying to sleep.

v6,
boNes

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
#4502950 - 01/07/20 03:39 PM Re: Should I call the Police? [Re: NoFlyBoy]  
NoFlyBoy Offline
Hotshot
NoFlyBoy  Offline
Hotshot

Those noisy neighbors stories y'all shared are funny.

Thank you for sharing,

Update:

Still quiet.

He is still up there.

I saw him/run into him twice over the weekend.

Once at the mailboxes and once at the trash dumpster.

He didn't say anything to me.

[Linked Image]
#4502965 - 01/07/20 04:33 PM Re: Should I call the Police? [Re: NoFlyBoy]  
Mr_Blastman Online content
Hotshot
Mr_Blastman  Online Content
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
You should have pretended to sniff the air around him at the mailboxes, and muttered something such as, "Eh, so that's what dismembered bodies smell like..."

Heh heh heh.

Who knows what he's doing up there.

Last edited by Mr_Blastman; 01/07/20 04:33 PM.
#4503030 - 01/08/20 09:45 AM Re: Should I call the Police? [Re: NoFlyBoy]  
BD-123 Online content
Old Scroat
BD-123  Online Content
Old Scroat

Naunton Beauchamp Worcestershi...
I should think the silence is almost as stressful as the noise in some ways FB!

To paraphrase 1950's war movies.

"It's quiet...too quiet"

#4503228 - 01/09/20 09:42 PM Re: Should I call the Police? [Re: NoFlyBoy]  
Mad Max Offline
survivor
Mad Max  Offline
survivor
Hotshot

NSW, Australia
The natives are restless.

"You'll never take me alive" said he,
And his ghost may be heard if you pass by that billabong
"Who'll come a Waltzing Matilda with me?"

#4504177 - 01/18/20 02:22 PM Re: Should I call the Police? [Re: NoFlyBoy]  
NoFlyBoy Offline
Hotshot
NoFlyBoy  Offline
Hotshot

The owner of the upstairs unit was here yesterday evening checking on his tenant.

Then he came knocking on our door and he told us if the guy causes a disturbance again, to call the Police and to call him.

He never returned my phone call from 12/30 but he knew who I was because I identified myself in the voice mail I left him.

I also called the HOA at the time and the HOA notified him.

The guy has been quiet since that day he dared me to call the PD on him.

We hear footsteps but they are normal footsteps from normal walking, nothing like the ceiling is going to fall on our head sound that we been hearing for months.

So it is possible for him to walk without causing a racket.

Makes me wonder if all those 4 months he did that, he did it on purpose to disturb his downstairs neighbors?

We never did anything to him.

We saw him when he moved him and we said hi.

After that we never had any contact with him until his noise required us to go upstairs to talk to him.

[Linked Image]
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.