Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 23 of 23 1 2 21 22 23
#4453894 - 12/19/18 11:55 AM Re: DCS: F-14A/A+/B By Leatherneck Simulations [Re: SkateZilla]  
Haukka81 Offline
Haukka81  Offline

Kemij�rvi,Finland
Cant wait, Looks really good.

Viggen is awesome, gets updates steadily and is quality product, my favorite module least until tomcat is out.

There is something in cold war birds that really gets me. Even hornet is not so sexy as these old birds.

I5 8400 , 16gb , GTX 1070 oc , Win10 64bit . Virpil T-50 27" monitor with 2560x1440 rez ... DCS + Oculus CV1 + Samsung Odyssey . (odyssey is better for flight sims)
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4453905 - 12/19/18 02:27 PM Re: DCS: F-14A/A+/B By Leatherneck Simulations [Re: Haukka81]  
Paradaz Offline
Paradaz  Offline

UK
Originally Posted by Haukka81
Cant wait, Looks really good.

Viggen is awesome, gets updates steadily and is quality product, my favorite module least until tomcat is out.

Yep, very 'steady' updates given that the early release was close to 2 years ago. When will it be considered 'finished'. I'd guess approximately 'never' given the length of the bug list and the additional line items that get added each time there is an update.

On the Eighth day God created Paratroopers and the Devil stood to attention.
#4455112 - 12/28/18 08:18 AM Re: DCS: F-14A/A+/B By Leatherneck Simulations [Re: CJ Martin]  
Wolfhound Offline
Wolfhound  Offline

I know I'm responding to a very old post but, it
Originally Posted by CJ Martin
Not sure where you heard they test fired the AIM-120, as far as I know that is not true. Would have required a software update and that didn't happen. Captive carry is possible, but I never saw that at Pax and we did all the wep sep work here.

Some other myths I can bust:

* the TF-30s turned out to be pretty decent motors once the kinks were worked out. Actually faster in the top end, although the F110 would blow it away off the line

* AIM-54 rocket motor issues were almost always caused by improper adjustment of the missile rail. Mess that up and you create the notorious "Phoennie bomb"

* After the Shah got run out of Iran, commercial "fuzzbuster" radar detectors were mounted in the front cockpit to provide some warning a Hawk battery was lighting up the jet. By the mid 80s we were pulling those out as the EW gear had been updated.

* AWG-9 was an immensely powerful radar but that power came at a cost - poor reliability. The system would stay up pretty good if you flew the crap out of it, but if it sat for a couple of days it would take some work to get back up. The downside of port visits!

-CJ

I know I'm responding to a very old post, but I stumbled across it accidentally and the topic 'EW' has been on my mind recently. It's funny you mentioned the fuzzbuster because a few years ago I was sent an article about that and the background story (pretty funny). In any event it was to do with the old ALR-45 & ALR-50 that couldn't detect CW emitters. With the A-6 and I'm guessing it was similar for types sharing the same EW equipment, a pretty rudimentary system was installed in the cockpit under AFC 493 listed as urgent. The 'fuzzbuster' only provided a visual left or right warning indication for the crew, with the B/N having an identical set of warning lights. The entire system was place on the glareshield.

Last edited by Wolfhound; 12/28/18 08:40 AM.

*********I have quite a large collection of Flight, Weapon Systems, Tactical & Supplementary Aircraft Manuals for Jets, Helicopters & some Props, spanning the Vietnam era to present. If you're interested in trading Flight Manuals, mainly for modern military aircraft, send me a PM.*********
#4455142 - 12/28/18 02:19 PM Re: DCS: F-14A/A+/B By Leatherneck Simulations [Re: SkateZilla]  
ST0RM Offline
ST0RM  Offline

Ten Mile, Tn
Seems that Mr Martin is incorrect. Looks like a launch to me

F-14A AMRAAM shot

Last edited by ST0RM; 12/28/18 02:20 PM.
#4456682 - 01/09/19 06:58 PM Re: DCS: F-14A/A+/B By Leatherneck Simulations [Re: SkateZilla]  
Vaderini Offline
Vaderini  Offline

Well somebody takes "I can't wait!" a bit to literally....

[Linked Image]
behindcouch

#4464649 - 03/09/19 06:08 AM Re: DCS: F-14A/A+/B By Leatherneck Simulations [Re: SkateZilla]  
heat2151 Offline
heat2151  Offline

NY
Hi everyone,

So unless you have been living under a rock, a far off cave or the other side of the moon. The long awaited news of the DCS-F-14 Tomcat release date will finally land on March 13, 2019.!!! In a little over 4 years since the first announcement, the light at the end of the tunnel is finally here.!!! To Cobra and the Heatblur team: I'll go ahead and say it!! 'Thank you for all the hard work..!!! To everyone else, see you in the skies..and check six!!! thumbsup :

From our friends at Heatblur Simulations:

The Heatblur DCS: F-14 will launch into Early Access on March 13th!

Heatblur was founded with the goal to be an absolute leader in the flight simulation space and the F-14 represents another step on our journey to achieve that goal. Over the past few years, we’ve assembled an immensely talented and dedicated team of engineers, physicists and artists to bring our chosen airframes to life. The F-14 represents a generational step forward for Heatblur, one where we not only try to push the bar in an aircraft’s flight modeling, systems or visual representation - but one where we introduce new, novel features into the sim and create entirely new pieces of modular technology that we can leverage in the future.

We’re immensely proud of what we’ve achieved so far. With a flight and systems model that has been engineered over the course of several years and carefully vetted through hundreds of combined flight hours by F-14 legends, we lay the foundation for an F-14 simulation that hopes to acknowledge and honor the men and women of the Tomcat community and all of their hard work. Throughout this journey, we’ve been blessed to work with many fantastic people and subject matter experts who have been absolutely invaluable in bringing the aircraft to life. Thanks to all of you!

This will be the beginning of our Tomcat journey. Our sole focus will now become the absolute perfection of our Viggen and Tomcat products through their Early Access periods, as we continue towards release versions of both modules and add new, exciting AI content into the skies of DCS World.

Thank you all for your support over these past years. We can't wait for this amazing community to finally join us on our Tomcat journey.

See you in the skies on March 13th!

.***********************************************************

We’re incredibly nervous and excited to hear your thoughts and to begin this shared journey of Tomcat development as we steam full speed ahead towards full release.

Our goal has been to ship the F-14 in a major feature complete state for Early Access, and we’re incredibly proud to have achieved our goal to do so.
That said, there are some specific items that have been either purposefully deferred until post-EA (due to potential for complications) and/or that we simply were unable to implement in time.
Some of these will be implemented very quickly post release, especially that may be useful in conducting flight operations, while others constitute less important systems that serve merely as a future curiosity and will be added down the line. Most of the items on this list fall into the latter category.

We’d very much like to commit to a timeline in which you will see these features, but due to the uncertainties of release and the potential for new, unexpected issues to arise due to the much wider user base, we’d like to hold off on doing so until things settle in the two weeks post early access release. That will give us a much better picture of where we stand and what to expect, so that we can make an accurate assessment that you can count on.

We hope to adhere to your ideal idea of an Early Access development process, and hope you’ll all stay involved in giving feedback and helping us build the most realistic Tomcat of all time.
Have faith in us as we jump in together!

Without further ado, here’s a non-exhaustive list as of today (few days prior to going Gold):
Visuals:
AA-1 Interrogator Control Panel.: This panel will serve no purpose in DCS, but it will be missing visually on day 1.
Ejected Pilot: Upon ejection, the Pilot’s will transform into the F-15 pilot in DCS.
Dynamic Modex Numbers: Due to the extreme variance (!!!) in F-14 squadron modex placement, font choice, size and more- we’re still working on implementing this in a performance friendly way.
In-Cockpit Pilot: We know this is a frustrating feature to be missing for those of you in VR, so this is a top priority and you will not be waiting long (that goes for you Viggenites too, we know!).
LAU-7 / LAU-138: Sidewinder adapters on shoulder stations will currently appear as LAU-7 but will behave as LAU-138 (additional chaff available). LAU-7/138 will be selectable in the ME.

Functionality & Systems:
TWS Auto steering centroid and automatic scan volume controls: Allows for steering indication to center of targets selected for AIM-54 engagement and also allows the WCS to control the radar scan volume for maximum target track coverage. This has been implemented some time ago, but due to unresolved issues this might not make it in on Day 1.
AN/AWG-9 slaved to TCS functionality: Allows the radar to be slaved to the TCS lock allowing the radar to lock the TCS target in STT. Of limited use in DCS, and wasn’t used IRL according to SMEs.

JAM/JET functionality, indication of jam strobes Allows the RIO to set at what level a pulse doppler target is jamming at and then display it as a JAM strobe on the TID.
Improved AIM-54 control Allowing for better optimization of lofting and seekerhead modes, such as when to go active and to be fully SARH in STT. This feature is pending DCS API changes for 3rd parties to allow us to more directly control missile behaviour.
TID, DDD, VDI, HUD Some minor indications will be missing at EA. These include, for example, the AVIA display mode and Nav Grid. These are minor and non-critical omissions.
In Flight Training System. Used for in flight crew training (e.g. programs that generate fake target returns on radar). Of limited use in DCS.
Circuit Breakers. We don’t expect to implement a full simulation of every CB in the F-14, but critical and often used ones will be added continuously throughout EA, as well as an expansion of the electrical systems modeling.
Radar Further small enhancements will be added over time and if feasible in the DCS engine. These include sidelobe modelling, returning signal strength trace on DDD (including jamming), clouds/weather and Jet Engine Modulation (JEM)
Missing BITs (Built-In Tests):
BITs serve limited purpose in DCS- but these (and more) missing BITs will be implemented with time:
DECM BIT.
WCS BIT Sequences.
OBC (On-Board Checks)
LANTIRN IBIT
Missing Systems:
TARPS
This system was always intended to be launched post-EA, and we’re still conceptualizing how deep we want to go.
JESTER
We will continue to improve and add functionality during EA- especially with your feedback!
One significant piece of functionality that we plan to add is JESTER being able to operate the LANTIRN TGP.

Content
Campaigns: As noted in our purchase pages, the two free campaigns will be available post launch.
Training Missions: We will expand the amount of training missions during the course of EA.
A-6, Forrestal, F-14A: We will detail our plans regarding these ASAP. The Forrestal will be priority #1.

Founder & Lead Artist
Heatblur Simulations

Welcome Back, Baby!

Heat2151
USN Retired'08 salute
"Mr, We could use a man like, Ronald Reagan again, those where the days.

Last edited by heat2151; 03/09/19 06:47 AM.

My World is simple, I answer to the CINC House: My Wife, my Kids, my troops: 2 German Shepherds.
I just love Flying Flight Sim's, and driving my 2017 Challenger SRT .

My Dark Blue Beast.
Cooler Master HAF X Blue-Liquid Cooled
Windows 10 64 Bit
Intel i7 6950X 10c@4.0 Ghz
Asus Rampage V X99
Asus GTX 980 GDDR5 4Gb
Corsair 64 Gb DDR4 (8x8Gb)
Corsair AX 1500 Watt P/S
2 SSD's (1 Tb)
2 WD Velociraptor's(1 Tb)
2 Spin point F4(2 Tb)
2 WD Green(6 Tb)
Track iR Pro, X-55 HOTAS & Pro rudder pedals.
#4502072 - 12/31/19 10:57 AM Re: DCS: F-14A/A+/B By Leatherneck Simulations [Re: SkateZilla]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD
Old thread revival.....

I had the pleasure of testing this aircraft for 2.2 days (as everyone did if they fired up DCS and saw the download option) and I must say, Heatblur have released an exceptional aircraft for DCS.

In the past, I may have wrote some heated words regarding this module here in these forums out of spite, however, after testing this aircraft for myself I take back my words said herein.

Chris Frishmuth summed up his review of the F-14 in the Sep\Oct edition of PC Pilot and I quote "This is truly one of the greatest simulation modules ever created for a PC flight simulator and Heatblur deserves all the praise that has been heaped on them"

I could not have summed up my opinion after testing this aircraft for myself Chris.with out 'borrowing' your own interpretation\review of this module

**note** this is not a paid presentation.

in summary, would I buy this module? Yes I would.....Have I bought this module....No I have not. Why? my wife controls the family accounts. I have no intention of filing for divorce over a module, otherwise I would have left her when CA was released smile

#4502077 - 12/31/19 11:58 AM Re: DCS: F-14A/A+/B By Leatherneck Simulations [Re: SkateZilla]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD
.....who would have guessed that a post by Winfield would crash the website.

Don't everyone log in at once and we won't have drama

#4502087 - 12/31/19 01:16 PM Re: DCS: F-14A/A+/B By Leatherneck Simulations [Re: SkateZilla]  
mdwa Offline
mdwa  Offline

Way over in Perth, Western Aus...
Happy New Year Winfield!

mdwa
#4502393 - 01/02/20 04:36 PM Re: DCS: F-14A/A+/B By Leatherneck Simulations [Re: SkateZilla]  
Art_J Offline
Art_J  Offline

Warsaw, Poland
#%&*$#, if Winfield says it's good, I'm getting more and more tempted to take advantage of ongoing winter sale biggrin. I've been rather waiting for F-4E honestly, but since that one has been put on hold, the Tomcat might be just the thing I need for my late-coldwar-style, analog western jet fix.

#4502404 - 01/02/20 04:59 PM Re: DCS: F-14A/A+/B By Leatherneck Simulations [Re: SkateZilla]  
rollnloop. Offline
rollnloop.  Offline

France
Sure is, and if you don't load phoenix, you get mostly a phantom experience I bet.

Page 23 of 23 1 2 21 22 23

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.