Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
#4502109 - 12/31/19 04:00 PM Re: The other Football thread. [Re: KraziKanuK]  
Chaz Offline
For Whom the Bell Tolls
Chaz  Offline
For Whom the Bell Tolls

Originally Posted by KraziKanuK
SF vs Seattle was a nail biter, for sure.

Pete Carroll and his 1 yard line struggles..... hahaha

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4502120 - 12/31/19 05:00 PM Re: The other Football thread. [Re: NoFlyBoy]  
NoFlyBoy Offline
Hotshot
NoFlyBoy  Offline
Hotshot

The end of the SF v SEA game remind me of that one Super Bowl where...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Bowl_XXXIV#The_final_play

[Linked Image]
#4502161 - 12/31/19 09:59 PM Re: The other Football thread. [Re: NoFlyBoy]  
Alicatt Offline
Hotshot
Alicatt  Offline
Hotshot

Ice Cold in Alex or Eating in ...
Bills v Texans on Saturday in the first round of the playoffs
Go Bills smile

Now here's hoping Josh doesn't bottle it like Kelly, 4 times at the bowl and only leftovers frown

Chlanna nan con thigibh a so's gheibh sibh feoil
Sons of the hound come here and get flesh
Clan Cameron
#4502163 - 12/31/19 10:15 PM Re: The other Football thread. [Re: Alicatt]  
vonBaur Offline
vonBaur  Offline

Originally Posted by Alicatt
Now here's hoping Josh doesn't bottle it like Kelly, 4 times at the bowl and only leftovers frown

Not just four times, four years IN A ROW! I wouldn't mind if they won it this year.

Unless they're playing the Eagles.

SALUTE TO ALL!
#4502178 - 12/31/19 11:13 PM Re: The other Football thread. [Re: vonBaur]  
Alicatt Offline
Hotshot
Alicatt  Offline
Hotshot

Originally Posted by vonBaur
Originally Posted by Alicatt

Not just four times, four years IN A ROW! I wouldn't mind if they won it this year.

Unless they're playing the Eagles.

I discovered American Football at about the same time as Jim Kelly finally joined the Bills, and as my aunt lived in Buffalo that had to be the team I supported, the ribbing I got for following the Bills before they got to the playoffs and then the agony of four in a row of always the bridesmaid and never the bride Sigh!

Loved playing the game, and still would love to take part in a game but at 63 I think the knees have finally had it smile

Clan Cameron
#4502184 - 12/31/19 11:50 PM Re: The other Football thread. [Re: NoFlyBoy]  
KraziKanuK Offline
Veteran
KraziKanuK  Offline
Veteran

Ottawa Canada
A great matchup coming on Jan 13 in college football - LSU vs Clemson, both 13:0.

There was only 16 squadrons of RAF fighters that used 100 octane during the BoB.
The Fw190A could not fly with the outer cannon removed.
There was no Fw190A-8s flying with the JGs in 1945.
#4502685 - 01/05/20 04:30 AM Re: The other Football thread. [Re: NoFlyBoy]  
NoFlyBoy Offline
Hotshot
NoFlyBoy  Offline
Hotshot

A very fitting end to Tom Brady's career.

Tonight's wild card playoff game between the New England Patriots and the Tennesse Titans is Brady's last game as a Patriot.

He is now a free agent for the first time in his career and he can't stay in New England.

Whether he continues to play professional football for another team or he decides to retire,

tonight's Patriot's loss to the Titans, playing at their home in Foxboro, is a fitting end to Brady's career.

All those times they won games by cheating and also won games without cheating but were already enough points ahead that the opponent will never come back,

yet they kept scoring one TD after another just to rub it in because Brady and the Patriots head coach Belichick are two arrogant bastards MoFos.

Then they laugh about it when they see the facial expressions on the side of the losing team for being beat by them so badly.

How does it effing feel now to be on the losing side, Brady?

He hasn't been good this year especially the last 4 regular season game.

This being the first time since 2009 the Patriots made the playoffs by being in the wild card instead of being first or second seeded with a bye week.

All the regular weapons on offense Brady has are gone so he couldn't produce.

Further proof is not he QB that makes the team, it's the players on offense around the QB that makes the play.

So F U Brady!

Enjoy your future in the NFL with some crap team like maybe the Bengals or the Browns or better yet,

as a backup QB were most QB end up at after the leave the teams that made them famous.

I bet Gisele not going to talk to him or give him any meow for the next 2 weeks!!

[Linked Image]
#4502688 - 01/05/20 05:02 AM Re: The other Football thread. [Re: NoFlyBoy]  
vonBaur Offline
vonBaur  Offline

Did you see Bellichick nearly blowing a gasket when Vrable out-Bellichicked him late in the fourth quarter? The Patriots have been playing fast-and-loose with the rule book since the CCOAT (Cheatingest Coach Of All Time) took over. Now one of his students turns the tables and he throws a tantrum like a little baby. The best part of all was when HIS player jumped offside.

I've been saying for years that Brady is a good quarterback, at best. More the LPOAT (Luckiest Player Of All Time for playing under a great coach) than the GOAT. But after the Cincinnati cheating scandal and the subsequent implosion of the Patriots because, IMO, they couldn't afford to get caught cheating again, there's enough doubt to call into question every winning season under Bellicheater and all the achievements of ALL his players. They've been caught four times, so one has to assume that they've done it a lot without getting caught or they really suck at cheating because they get caught every time. My money is on the former.

**edit**
The Bills-Texans game was great. Hard-fought and had to go to overtime. Just what you want to see in the playoffs. I'd be surprised to see it repeated in the AFC games next week.

Last edited by vonBaur; 01/05/20 05:06 AM.

SALUTE TO ALL!
#4502698 - 01/05/20 06:25 AM Re: The other Football thread. [Re: NoFlyBoy]  
NoFlyBoy Offline
Hotshot
NoFlyBoy  Offline
Hotshot

After Deflategate, the NFL should had taken away the Patriot's AFC Championship game ring away where they won against the Colts by cheating.

Then the NFL should had let the Colts play whoever was the next higher seeded AFC game (too tired to go look it up now).

But the NFL and GOODELL are a bunch of sissies, all talk and no bite.

First time I heard about the Patriots getting caught cheating was against the Jets years ago.

It's like a thief.

For each time you didn't catch him stealing, how many times did he get away with it.

[Linked Image]
#4502708 - 01/05/20 08:02 AM Re: The other Football thread. [Re: NoFlyBoy]  
EAF331 MadDog Offline
XBL: LanceHawkins
EAF331 MadDog  Offline
XBL: LanceHawkins
Hotshot

Oslo, Norway
I love all the hate on the Patriots from people who can't handle that they've been the best team around for the last decade+. And Brady has been one of the best QBs around.

But haters got to hate biggrin

#4502745 - 01/05/20 05:41 PM Re: The other Football thread. [Re: NoFlyBoy]  
vonBaur Offline
vonBaur  Offline

Brady's NEVER been great. Average to good, but never great. Brett Favre, Aaron Rodgers, Roger Staubach, Bob Griese, Fran Tarkenton...those were GREAT quarterbacks. They didn't always have or need the kind of protection Brady's enjoyed most of his career and their abilities to make something out of nothing is legendary. Occasionally Brady's been able to salvage a play, but for the most part he folds like a roadmap if he's pressured. And if it happens a few times in a game he gets all sulky on the sidelines, just like Peyton Manning did. Sorry, MadDog, but the being in the spotlight so much means it becomes hard to hide your faults and weaknesses.

Earlier this season and up 33-0 in the 4th quarter Bellichick was smirking on the sidelines as his Patriots did the same thing to the Jets that Vrable's Titans did to him last night. But last night he wasn't smirking, or even acknowledging the fact that he'd been outgamed. No. This time he was fuming, yelling at the refs that they shouldn't allow it to happen. The cameras even showed him calling it "f---ing bull----t". His reaction when on the dishing-it-out side in the Jets game showed him to be conniving and mean-spirited. His reaction to the tables being turned and being on the receiving end show him to be a crybaby and a hypocrite.

Do you deny that the Patriots have been caught cheating...or at least being extremely shady...four times during their dynasty years? Are you saying that they're so inept that they get caught every single time they did? Do you think, after what happened last night, that Bellichick would be very forgiving if opposing coaches had been caught doing to his team what he's been doing to theirs all this time? The spotlight was on them after the Cincinnati incident (and, come on, you have to cheat to get an edge on the Bengals?) and what happened. They couldn't beat the Dolphins OR the Titans AT FOXBORO. How long has it been since they lost two consecutive games at home. You can believe what you want, but you won't convince me that their not being able to do the kind of "scouting and preparation" they're used to had nothing to do with it.

Haters gonna hate is your story. Mine is "There is none so blind as he who will not see."

SALUTE TO ALL!
#4502749 - 01/05/20 06:50 PM Re: The other Football thread. [Re: NoFlyBoy]  
Alicatt Offline
Hotshot
Alicatt  Offline
Hotshot

Was out at a birthday party last night so never got to see the Bills -Texans game but all through dinner kept getting updates and finally the 19-19 end of 4th quarter and a little while later the 22-19 final score, was most depressed and it didn't make the hangover any better either wink

Now to wait for the replay here to actually see the game.

Clan Cameron
#4502763 - 01/05/20 09:44 PM Re: The other Football thread. [Re: NoFlyBoy]  
KraziKanuK Offline
Veteran
KraziKanuK  Offline
Veteran

Ottawa Canada
Come now von Baur, you know the Cowboys are THEE Team. stirthepot

There was only 16 squadrons of RAF fighters that used 100 octane during the BoB.
The Fw190A could not fly with the outer cannon removed.
There was no Fw190A-8s flying with the JGs in 1945.
#4502776 - 01/05/20 11:53 PM Re: The other Football thread. [Re: NoFlyBoy]  
NoFlyBoy Offline
Hotshot
NoFlyBoy  Offline
Hotshot

I am not a Saints fan but I did expect them to win. That was an upset!!

[Linked Image]
#4502778 - 01/05/20 11:55 PM Re: The other Football thread. [Re: NoFlyBoy]  
PanzerMeyer Online centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Online Centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
So the Patriots are basically the NY Yankees of football. Got it.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4502781 - 01/06/20 12:40 AM Re: The other Football thread. [Re: NoFlyBoy]  
NoFlyBoy Offline
Hotshot
NoFlyBoy  Offline
Hotshot

Philadelphia lost at home to the Seahawks.

I wasn't expecting them to win.

Their team is all beat up due to injuries.

They are playing with a backup QB, aren't they?

Honestly they should never had beaten the Cowboys to get in the playoffs.

The Cowboys should had won that game.

[Linked Image]
#4502784 - 01/06/20 01:19 AM Re: The other Football thread. [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
vonBaur Offline
vonBaur  Offline

Originally Posted by KraziKanuK
Come now von Baur, you know the Cowboys are THEE Team. stirthepot

Steelers fan since the late 60's (basically, my mid teens, when I started getting interested in football). My brother-in-law is a big Cowboys fan. His son is so indoctrinated he named his first daughter Dallas.

Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer
So the Patriots are basically the NY Yankees of football. Got it.

I don't know, I don't follow baseball that much. It's more of a distraction to kill time between the Super Bowl and NFL preseason. I'm pretty sure they haven't intentionally deflated baseballs. Have the Yankees been caught videotaping other teams to steal signs...repeatedly? And even if they have, I do recall hearing teams other than the Bronx Bombers being called out for it, as well as corking bats and doctoring balls. George Brett was playing for Kansas City during the pine tar incident. The big difference is that it's ONLY the Patriots that pull this crap in the NFL and it's ONLY been since Bellichick took over.

Moving on, all in all all four games were exciting and in every game both teams were in position to win until the last minute or two. Very unusual not to have a single blowout. It was also the first time ALL FOUR visiting teams won in the Wild Card round. First time in a long while that you couldn't put at least one game on ignore before the fourth quarter.

And that definitely should have been called offensive pass interference on Minnesota.

SALUTE TO ALL!
#4502909 - 01/07/20 12:47 AM Re: The other Football thread. [Re: NoFlyBoy]  
NoFlyBoy Offline
Hotshot
NoFlyBoy  Offline
Hotshot

Jerry Jones hired a new head coach for the Cowboys already.

Kind of quick, isn't it?

Some old guy who was head coach of the Green Bay Packers who hasn't been working in the NFL since he was fired in 2018 by the latter.

Guess these past few weeks all that I have been reading about how Jones will interview and choose from a pool of college football head coaches with winning records was all speculation.

[Linked Image]
#4503443 - 01/12/20 04:40 AM Re: The other Football thread. [Re: NoFlyBoy]  
NoFlyBoy Offline
Hotshot
NoFlyBoy  Offline
Hotshot

Tennessee Titans stuns the Baltimore Ravens by pulling off an upset and knocking the favorite Ravens out of the playoffs.

So much for the Ravens' Lamar Jackson being the model of the new QB that every team wants one for their own:

a QB who can pass, rush and even catch TDs.

Ravens should be ashamed:

not only did they lose at home, they also had a bye week to prepare for this game.

[Linked Image]
#4503444 - 01/12/20 05:03 AM Re: The other Football thread. [Re: NoFlyBoy]  
vonBaur Offline
vonBaur  Offline

My favorite part of the game was:
Three minutes to go, fourth down for the Titans, who are up by 16 points and the Ravens are out of timeouts. Very similar circumstances to last week when Vrable's Titans burned a bunch of time by taking successive penalties. But this week, they just punt it away. No tricks. No penalties. Just punt it away. I bet Bellicheat was fuming when he saw that. It reinforces the "This one's for you, Bill" aspect of what they did to the Pats.

I wouldn't be too hard on Jackson for his lack of performance on the field. Everyone has days where it just doesn't go your way. Even Laurence Olivier got fumble-mouth on set from time to time. It happens. The more important thing to me was the way he handled it. The truly GREAT ones accept it for what it is, a temporary lapse. The ones that are only good at piling up statistics...P. Manning, Brady...get sulky on the sidelines. It gets into their heads and leads to more mistakes. That's what happened to Jackson. Somebody he trusts needs to have a talk with him, and fast. He's still good. He can have a great career. But he needs to learn how to deal with adversity effectively.

SALUTE TO ALL!
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.