Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4500570 - 12/16/19 07:40 PM DCS: F/A-18C Hornet – Track While Scan (TWS) Radar Mode  
NineLine Offline
ED Community Manager
NineLine  Offline
ED Community Manager

BC, Canada

FOR 18 DECEMBER 2019 OPEN BETA

In the next Open Beta for the DCS: F/A-18C Hornet, we will be including the Track While Scan (TWS) acquisition radar mode. This is a powerful mode to create situational awareness, engage multiple targets at the same time with the AIM-120 AMRAAM, and break-out targets in close formation. It also integrates with the data link and IFF systems.

Important commands:

Undesignate button [S] = cycle L&S, swap L&S and DT2, and
TDC designate [ENTER] = set L&S or DT2, set AUTO/BIAS center

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4500630 - 12/17/19 08:47 AM Re: DCS: F/A-18C Hornet – Track While Scan (TWS) Radar Mode [Re: NineLine]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD
well worth the wait, thank you for posting NineLine,

Absolutely amazed at the amount of time that must have gone into coding this behind the scenes to make it work and function

#4500760 - 12/18/19 12:17 AM Re: DCS: F/A-18C Hornet – Track While Scan (TWS) Radar Mode [Re: NineLine]  
LOF_Rugg Offline
LOF_Rugg  Offline

We're not sure if it's bugged, Winfield.

#4500766 - 12/18/19 01:18 AM Re: DCS: F/A-18C Hornet – Track While Scan (TWS) Radar Mode [Re: NineLine]  
mdwa Offline
mdwa  Offline

Way over in Perth, Western Aus...
Nice! Once it has working AG radar I'll get the Hornet. Hopefully that won't be another 2 years...

mdwa
#4500929 - 12/19/19 03:23 PM Re: DCS: F/A-18C Hornet – Track While Scan (TWS) Radar Mode [Re: NineLine]  
rollnloop. Offline
rollnloop.  Offline

France
This is great news !

Also longing for air to ground radar tho, but at least progress has resumed.

Have a question for nineline though, after reading some comments from a flying community quite upset by the post patch inability to join a flight if not in flight leader slot in multiplayer.

I quote:

"it litterally means they do no QA."

After 20 years of ED I came to asking this myself, is there a QA up and running at ED ?

I mean, unpaid closed beta testers are not supposed to catch every bug on short notice, openbeta paying testers (that's us) will almost inevitably catch them over a few days.

But really, is there any quality control at ED internally ? If yes, how many people do work there ?

#4501024 - 12/20/19 10:41 AM Re: DCS: F/A-18C Hornet – Track While Scan (TWS) Radar Mode [Re: rollnloop.]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD
Originally Posted by rollnloop.
This is great news !

Also longing for air to ground radar tho, but at least progress has resumed.

Have a question for nineline though, is there any quality control at ED internally ? If yes, how many people do work there ?

Minus the other crap that you posted, this is about the only part of your post that deserves an answer. I read your entire post as I did the person in the previous thread within the same context.

"I can't map views so I'll whinge and carry on"

Then end the discussion with something along the lines of "I still expect an answer even though I don't care for an answer because I went back to FSX"

SkateZilla is an ED tester, he can choose to answer how many testers there are and what they actually test before release, however flaming the situation and then still expecting an answer is probably why NineLine or anyone else has not answered the question.

Just saying.

#4501027 - 12/20/19 10:59 AM Re: DCS: F/A-18C Hornet – Track While Scan (TWS) Radar Mode [Re: Winfield]  
Paradaz Offline
Paradaz  Offline

UK
Originally Posted by Winfield

SkateZilla is an ED tester, he can choose to answer how many testers there are and what they actually test before release, however flaming the situation and then still expecting an answer is probably why NineLine or anyone else has not answered the question.

Just saying.

But he's not asking about testing....he's asking about QC/QA. Anyway, I can answer that for him. Of course there isn't. There's clearly no strategy in the testing, no regression testing and no QA overseeing it or these simple bugs that get through in every single release/alpha/beta/EA would have been spotted.

On the Eighth day God created Paratroopers and the Devil stood to attention.
#4501036 - 12/20/19 11:54 AM Re: DCS: F/A-18C Hornet – Track While Scan (TWS) Radar Mode [Re: NineLine]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD
Originally Posted by Paradaz
Originally Posted by Winfield

Just saying.

But he's not asking about testing....he's asking about QC/QA. Anyway, I can answer that for him. Of course there isn't. There's clearly no strategy in the testing, no regression testing and no QA overseeing it or these simple bugs that get through in every single release/alpha/beta/EA would have been spotted.

Fair point Padadaz, I misinterpreted the QA/QC part and assumed the following part of rollnloop's post as being viewed by a 3rd party quoting a conversation from a gaming clan, whilst he has no 1st hand experience of the gripe that took place therein.
Basically rollnloop is posting as though he is a '3rd wheel' listening to the white noise and coming here to ask on someone else's behalf a question regarding 'paid on the books testers not testing anything"

Originally Posted by rollnloop

After 20 years of ED I came to asking this myself, is there a QA up and running at ED ?

I mean, unpaid closed beta testers are not supposed to catch every bug on short notice, openbeta paying testers (that's us) will almost inevitably catch them over a few days

I have stated the same as rollnloop at various times over the years here at SimHQ, one post I made was with the cockup release that Nevada was and it took ChuckOwl to post the solution of having him download the map and creating his own seeding file of the torrent rather than using the bawked 'official ED' release download.

if the question is from a 3rd person then it comes across as a flaming. Had rollnloop said "my flight sim clan whinge about the QA\QC and this is the reason why" then yes, his post would hold merit. Posting as someone who is blatantly eavesdropping on a conversation makes only partial of the post deserving of an answer.

#4501038 - 12/20/19 12:13 PM Re: DCS: F/A-18C Hornet – Track While Scan (TWS) Radar Mode [Re: NineLine]  
rollnloop. Offline
rollnloop.  Offline

France
One member of my flight squadron belongs to two communities and reported us the thoughts of his other community, they were affirmative there is no QA/QC at ED.

I don't think that is the case, but I wonder what QA/QC considers as "ready for release" and how many people are in charge, hence the question, prolly not formulated as clearly as intended.

Now being accused of flaming by winfield is something I'd never have expected, I don't know if I should be proud or ashamed tbh dizzy

#4501039 - 12/20/19 12:20 PM Re: DCS: F/A-18C Hornet – Track While Scan (TWS) Radar Mode [Re: rollnloop.]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD
Originally Posted by rollnloop.
Now being accused of flaming by winfield is something I'd never have expected, I don't know if I should be proud or ashamed tbh dizzy

It's a compliment. I look forward to reading the answer to your question when NineLine posts here.

Last edited by Winfield; 12/20/19 10:44 PM.
#4501054 - 12/20/19 02:21 PM Re: DCS: F/A-18C Hornet – Track While Scan (TWS) Radar Mode [Re: NineLine]  
rollnloop. Offline
rollnloop.  Offline

France
thumbsup

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
CD WOFF
by Britisheh. 03/28/24 08:05 PM
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.