Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 23 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 22 23
#4499352 - 12/06/19 06:10 PM Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 Announced For PC *** [Re: WangoTango]  
Coot Offline
Pilgrim
Coot  Offline
Pilgrim
Veteran

These United States of America
I don't watch the Walking Dead so I think for me its got to be someone else he reminds me of.

I know the lady of which you speak. I think I helped her as much as I could. I do remember her being on the gallows but I can't exactly remember how mine turned out. I want to say that I think I intervened but something in my memory thinks that I actually did nothing since Arthur had been helping her more than once and she kept getting in trouble and now she's there to hang. I think I let it go and not help but then proceeded to engage in negative dialogue with the sheriff and deputies after the hanging and sort of or role played the situation.

Last edited by Coot; 12/06/19 06:11 PM.

John 10:1-30
Romans 10:1-13

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4499363 - 12/06/19 07:56 PM Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 Announced For PC [Re: WangoTango]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
I wanted to shoot the rope just as it went taught. I thought that might set her free and she'd take off running with half the town after her and me trying to hold them off. But maybe it wouldn't even work. I needed to be back another 30 or 40 feet from the crowd but it was one of those moments that just passed without the outcome I would have liked.

Another involved the photographer guy you meet. I went to meet him the second time and did the task required. I had gone there for that, but also to hunt a grizzly for the hunting challenge (skin three bears, and needed just one more). I moved off after finishing the photographer thing, leaving him to tend to his camera. Soon I had traversed a rise or two and he was no longer in sight. I called for my horse, but he didn't come. Whistled again, no horse. Hmm, wonder what's going on? I looked at the mini map and in the direction of my horse a red enemy dot blinked on and off at the edge, therefore showing azimuth but not range.

I decided to go see what was happening. As I crested the rise nearest the photographer I saw a grizzly lunge for him. I instantly went Dead-Eye and took aim at the bear's head just as he swiped in super slo-mo. My round hit his head a mili-second after he hit the photographer, who fell dead with the dead bear on top of him. Skinned the bear (a perfect pelt!) and said a few derogatory words about city slickers in grizzly country and went on my way.

Dead quest-givers are not ideal, but it happened and these sorts of moments I have to let stand.

And the actor who plays Shane in TWD is Jon Bernthal, and he's been in other things. Might not be the guy you're thinking of Coot, but I felt confident I had nailed it. This is the dude

Attached Files bernthal.jpg

No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!
#4499435 - 12/07/19 04:55 PM Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 Announced For PC [Re: WangoTango]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
No Steam bounce for this thread, I'm surprised. It appears the release went fairly well, still a number of complaints but aren't there always. Looks smoother than the first release anyway.

#4499473 - 12/07/19 11:20 PM Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 Announced For PC [Re: WangoTango]  
3instein Offline
3instein  Offline

Falkirk,Scotland
I've just completed the main story for RDR2, man what an ending.

Is that the only ending that happens or is there different one possible, like a win lose, if you know what I mean?

Just beginning to play the epilogue but noticed you can't buy anything from the store, because I'm working at the ranch, (catalogue is closed). I have ran out of ammo and am wondering how to get some more, or more of other stuff, weapons etc. Anyone help with this please.

Mick. smile

"An appeaser is someone who feeds the crocodile hoping he will be eaten last"

Winston Churchill

#4499502 - 12/08/19 05:04 AM Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 Announced For PC [Re: WangoTango]  
Coot Offline
Pilgrim
Coot  Offline
Pilgrim
Veteran

These United States of America
Nah that's not who I'm thinking of Dbond but thanks for trying to help. I'll keep scratching my head on that one.

3instein, I'm not sure how far you are into the epilogue but you will get all items and money back at a certain point. I don't want to spoil anything but after working at the ranch for awhile a mission will come up that has you contending with another enemy and you'll get access back and you'll have plenty of foes to loot again.

John 10:1-30
Romans 10:1-13

#4499557 - 12/08/19 08:08 PM Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 Announced For PC [Re: 3instein]  
Johan217 Offline
Johan217  Offline

Gent, Belgium
Originally Posted by 3instein
I
Is that the only ending that happens or is there different one possible, like a win lose, if you know what I mean?

I understand there are 2 endings depending on a choice you make in the final mission. And each of these endings has slightly different cinematics depending on Arthur's honor rating. Ultimately, the outcome is the same.

You can free roam in the epilogue and apparently even pick up some of the unfinished side quests you had going. Personally, I don't really feel like spending a lot of time in the epilogue since as far as I am concerned my story is finished. I never played RDR1 so I do not feel any particular attachment to the other characters that appear in the epilogue. However, it turns out that there is still a substantial area of the map that I had not discovered during my playthrough. Also, it may be interesting to check out some of the places to see if they evolved.

Last edited by Johan217; 12/08/19 08:11 PM.

Undercarriage lever a bit sticky was it, Sir?
#4499620 - 12/09/19 06:19 AM Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 Announced For PC [Re: WangoTango]  
Rick_Rawlings Offline
Rick_Rawlings  Offline

I picked this up on Steam after waiting like, what, six, seven years for the first one to come to the PC. It's pretty incredible so far and shows what lots of money in the right places can do for a triple A title. Much like the GTAs, but especially GTA V, the world is jam packed full of details that always invite you to peek around the corners. Just today I stumbled upon

a klan initiation that if not "Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?" epic was perhaps a little more suitably grounded.

I've played like 25 hours or so and am still in the second chapter. I can't even fast travel yet and actually have had no desire to do so as the world is such a marvel. I know some people expressed concern about the morality of the characters, I can't really speak to that other than to say that so far I really haven't had to fight anyone who couldn't be described as ostensibly bad.

This is a clip of part of one of the missions played at 2560x1440 with a lot of the effects on high at least. Shadowplay occasionally has a problem detecting the game from the desktop, which is what the occasional black flicker is from. Other than the fact that it is mission in the game, I don't think there is anything else spoilerish about it. There's also a little dose of the game's reality tacked on to the end. I have noticed there is something weird about the single action weapons in the game: sometimes the first mouse click cocks the gun and the second click fires it and sometimes it self-cocks and the first mouse click fires the gun.(let's see how that gets filtered...) So that throws me off if I am expecting to fire and the gun isn't even cocked yet...

I tried playing in 1st person but found it a bit clunky. Third person works fine although if you use the small reticle, you will occasionally lose it in the background noise, as I do in the video a few times. Overall it is very responsive and a joy to play.

*edit: eh, not filtered at all!

Last edited by Rick_Rawlings; 12/09/19 06:21 AM.

The older I get, the more I realize I don't need to be Han, Luke or Leia. I'm just happy to be rebel scum...
#4499630 - 12/09/19 09:36 AM Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 Announced For PC [Re: WangoTango]  
3instein Offline
3instein  Offline

Falkirk,Scotland
Cheers for the answers guys, appreciated.

Mick. smile

"An appeaser is someone who feeds the crocodile hoping he will be eaten last"

Winston Churchill

#4499738 - 12/09/19 10:36 PM Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 Announced For PC [Re: WangoTango]  
Blade_RJ Offline
Simhq Weather man, dropping rain in your parade
Blade_RJ  Offline
Hotshot

brasil
i just got it on steam, what a piece of #%&*$# ! if you take screenshot from steam, it hangs the system for full 6 seconds, and if you do too much it doesnt recover. Calling the menu while in game crashes the game, WTF !
im still in the first part so other than bench i didnt get any vistas yet, but from what i saw this looks like GTA V graphics, so there is no reason why its so heavy, im getting from 34 to 46 at 1512p on most ultra settings as lowering didnt really get my any improvements in smooth frametimes. Is ammo conservation a thing to worry ?
This game has a lot of problem with any overlay, problably because of its DRM
Also i was forced to use the anti aliasing, or suffer tree shimmering, now the game is blurry since i cant use nvidia filters

Last edited by Blade_RJ; 12/09/19 10:38 PM.
#4499802 - 12/10/19 12:21 PM Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 Announced For PC [Re: WangoTango]  
Johan217 Offline
Johan217  Offline

Gent, Belgium
Sorry to hear about those problems. I can only say that apart from the launcher problems in the very first week, I have not run across any issues myself. Runs smooth for me on 2560x1440 but that is with a Radeon RX 5700. I am using TAA rather than MSAA, however. Personally I cannot imagine playing anything without antialiasing.
The only graphical oddity that I am seeing is to do with tesselation I believe: tracks in snow and mud look very exaggerated.

Sadly, ammo conservation isn't really a feature. I never came close to running out of ammo for any of my weapons (except dynamite) and I never even had to buy ammo in a shop. Seems like you pick it up by simply walking past dead bodies.

Last edited by Johan217; 12/10/19 12:30 PM.

#4499844 - 12/10/19 04:01 PM Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 Announced For PC [Re: WangoTango]  
Outlaw Offline
One of the Original Four
Outlaw  Offline
One of the Original Four

The Great Northwest...
I run it on an I5 8600K with a RTX 2070 and I have no problems with frame rate at all. Most my settings outside of water and MSAA are set to Ultra.

Last night Arthur started coughing. Visited the Doc in Saint Denis...

Last edited by Outlaw; 12/10/19 04:02 PM.
#4499911 - 12/11/19 07:21 AM Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 Announced For PC [Re: WangoTango]  
Johan217 Offline
Johan217  Offline

Gent, Belgium
Finished the epilogue and it turns out I still have at least one town undiscovered. I'll leave that for a second playthrough. Will have a go at RDR Online out of curiosity but I'm not interested in multiplayer.

#4499924 - 12/11/19 01:51 PM Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 Announced For PC [Re: WangoTango]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
I enjoyed RDR 2 SP so much that I admit RDRO intrigues me, but I've given it a pass for now. My initial venture in to GTAO was a fustercluck, but I stuck with it and over time I grew to really like it. I ended up owning several businesses, a fleet of supercars, and a respectable 1:1 PvP kill ratio. But it had something that RDR doesn't, and that's the ability to play in a private lobby. Maybe they will add it? Until then I think I will give it a miss. I know for certain that I would have given up on GTAO without this ability. Once I had levelled, got good gear and learned the ropes, playing in populated servers was fun. But the experience getting started was lousy.

I have a clear vision of what my experience would be like in RDRO, I see spending way too much time being hogtied and left to rot, dragged through the streets behind a horse, and just generally trolled, ganked, griefed and one-shotted from across the map. My impression may be off the mark, but years of being a gamer have taught me that people basically suck, and cannot be counted on to play a game like this anywhere close to the spirit it deserves. Private lobbies are the only way I can see getting in to it.

I'd be curious as to your thoughts and reaction if you do venture in to it Johan.

#4500045 - 12/12/19 12:29 PM Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 Announced For PC [Re: WangoTango]  
Johan217 Offline
Johan217  Offline

Gent, Belgium
My first impressions after about 4 hours online:

- Stuff is expensive and many items are locked until you reach a certain level: that means no fishing and using a repeater for hunting until you reach level XX
- You can set your character, horse and camp to "Defensive": other players won't be able to attack you (or at least suffer severe penalties if they do so - not quite sure what these are), won't be able to steal your horse or raid your camp
- I only saw a handful of other players and they seemed to be as shy as me. Certainly not the chaos I was expecting. The only grief I got was a herd of wild boar overrunning my camp smile
- There does not seem to be any text chat and you can turn off all character labels, so visually there is no difference with single player
- It seems that when you die, you do not lose any money or inventory items, so no difference with single player
- As in single player, there appears to be no way to discard unnecessary weapons... For now it is not a problem (I only have 1 Cattleman and 1 Repeater), but I imagine it will be annoying later on

It seems to me that if you just want to free roam doing hunting and fishing and the occasional bounty hunting without the story constraints, RDRO is a good place to do it, but you'll have to spend some time first to get the gear that you want. From what I have seen, it should not take too long to level up (just do a few story missions and skin animals).

#4500048 - 12/12/19 01:36 PM Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 Announced For PC [Re: WangoTango]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Weapons were level-locked in GTAO as well. When I was playing it a year ago I made a post here that said the single best thing that could be done to GTAO, the single thing that would transform the gameplay and make it a much better experience, would be to remove the player dots on the radar. Without those griefbeacons it would be vastly improved, putting an emphasis on teamwork and planning. And crucially, it would mean the d-bags who fly around on the Oppressor would suffer as they would not instantly know where the shots were coming from or exactly where the next victim is. At the very least, I wanted it to be a server option, like free-aim is.

It would be so good in fact that I could see actually blending in. Imagine you wore an outfit not unlike the NPCs, and actually walked down the street with your weapons away. A sniper sitting on a random rooftop, scoping the streets would have a hard time sorting the players from the crowd. Disrupting another player's business or sales would require teamwork, with communication, and with lookouts posted to determine where the deal was going down. Instead, we get a flashing red dot that says the player whose time you want to waste is RIGHT HERE!

So RDRO has this? There are no player beacons or radar dots? That's quite encouraging.

And yes, somehow R* conspired to exclude text-chat from the game. It's a glaring omission, but honestly it's all sh!t anyway. Still, if you were to hook up with others and not have voice, this is a bad thing. I imagine they'll add it sooner or later.

#4500061 - 12/12/19 02:49 PM Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 Announced For PC [Re: DBond]  
Johan217 Offline
Johan217  Offline

Gent, Belgium
DBond, unfortunately the radar dots are there. What I meant is simply that the floating text above characters can be disabled, so your game does not have to look like Fortnite. Anyway, other than in the first story mission I only saw 1 or 2 people during free roam, and they were minding their own business and kept their distance.

#4500062 - 12/12/19 03:06 PM Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 Announced For PC [Re: WangoTango]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
I see, I misunderstood, or maybe more accurately, was dazzled by the possibilities smile

I really want to see those dots gone. I'd play it then. It would be great to not know who and where the players were straight away.

I've read a lot of comments and threads about the online, and these confirm most of my suspicions. But just like GTAO, there will be times when it all clicks and is a great time.

#4500105 - 12/12/19 09:30 PM Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 Announced For PC [Re: WangoTango]  
Chucky Offline
Veteran
Chucky  Offline
Veteran

UK
It's on sale on Steam @ 20% off. So soon?

Some Steam users are not happy (when are they ever?)

EV's are the Devils matchbox.
#4500106 - 12/12/19 09:39 PM Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 Announced For PC [Re: Chucky]  
theOden Offline
theOden  Offline

Originally Posted by Chucky

Yeah I read a sample of negative ones to see if it was complains for the sake of complaining but with so many having severe issues to even start it up I held short for purchase.
Will have another look in a few weeks

#4500127 - 12/13/19 12:45 AM Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 Announced For PC [Re: Chucky]  
Blade_RJ Offline
Blade_RJ  Offline
Hotshot

brasil
Originally Posted by Chucky

i am one of them, i DEMAND compensation, specially since i was going to hold after Christmas, but got it now because my card had already locked the bill.
i took a few screenes, nothing stellar havent fiddle much with photo mode yet, im surprised at the level of detail, to npc interaction to your actions and game work........i was greeted by a stranger saying i would have nice evening today when he saw the deer on my horse. also that i could carry a turtle carcass and place on the small boat to swim to the shore,console players complained this game was too slow.....with exception of aiming, i disagree i like games with this mechanic, like the classic tomb raider where momentum matters, player agency just make games look cheap. compare classic lara to CD lara and 2013 lara....original lara prep for the jump, both reboot lara sprint into the air from nothing as soon as you hit the button.
My complaint remains about aliasing, if you dont use the blurring techniques the game shimmer,so it was made with that in mind.
Playing at 1512p all ultra except, water,tree and shadows, ultra water eats 15-20 fps, trees eat around 8 for less visual fidelity up close (more bump map), shadow i dont like sharp shadows so unless its a game where med shadows looks like utter pixelated #%&*$# (GR wildlands), i will default it where its soft edge
im getting stable 35 fps to low 31 on demanding areas, i havent gone to a bog yet, but i noticed areas with water decrease the fps a lot.

rest of library is here im going to show the money shots
https://imgur.com/a/JsSiYS6

love the morning mist,yes a rainbow

[Linked Image]

all those years of farcry paid off,first try hs

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I got away with murder MUAHAUHAURHAAR

[Linked Image]

rode all night and discovered a new providence

[Linked Image]

My first wild horse, i saw the red hair and i just had to get it cos it reminded of a old cartoon show called cavalo de fogo (fire horse), i went online to see its original name aaaaaaand.....the show is called wild fire in english
well red hair, wild horse......fitted perfectly, now its my favorite mare

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Blade_RJ; 12/13/19 12:52 AM.
Page 10 of 23 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 22 23

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.