Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4499548 - 12/08/19 05:48 PM 160 and other EAW versions help site thread  
MrJelly Offline
Veteran
MrJelly  Offline
Veteran

Montagnac, L'Herault, France
To start with there is a link below to another forum page with installation downloads of earlier versions .
You can use the links on it to install different working versions of EAW from 1.26e to 1.29:
Right click on the link and open it in a new tab smile

Earlier full installations of EAW

The files that you download are 7-zip self-installers which create stand-alone versions of EAW.
No previous installations of EAW are needed.
Some have file-managers that may need the installation of runtime files- contact me if you need help.

***********************************************************************************
The UAW160 trial version (Part 1):

160InstallationPart1

The file you download is named "UAW160.exe" and it is a 7-zip self installer.
When you run it it creates a "UAW160" folder, which has the minimum files and folders for a working installation test.

Make sure that your joystick is plugged in before you run the eaw.exe

When you run the "eaw.exe" (but with your own "eaw.ini" file if you have one from another installation) it should give you the UAW default ETO theatre and aircraft.

This will be a test to see if UAW160 works with your operating system smile
************************************************************************************

If you have any questions just post in this thread wink

Fly EAW online at GameRanger: GameRanger Site

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

Mark Twain: I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.

I am now of an age at which I no longer need to suffer fools gladly
#4499631 - 12/09/19 09:38 AM Re: 160 and other EAW versions help site thread [Re: MrJelly]  
MrJelly Offline
Veteran
MrJelly  Offline
Veteran

All of my editors and file-managers are written in Visual Basic 2006. For some "controls" such as data grid tables they use files which need the VB runtime files.
There is a link in this copy of a post in another thread:

**************************************************************************************
Some time ago I received a PM from Shogun about the Mission Editor generating this error message when he tried to run it:

Run-time error 713 Class not registered. MSSTDFMT.DLL

I hit this problem a few weeks ago when I was away in Lyon and I tried to run the Mission Editor on my new laptop.
When I got back I made a VisualBasic installer program for the mission editor, which correctly installs the " MSSTDFMT.DLL" file during the installation process.

"MissionEdPackage.exe" is available here:
Mission Editor Runtimes

If you get that error then download it, and run it on your desktop.
This will create a folder named "MedPackage" and in this folder there is a "Setup.exe" file.
[Linked Image]

Run the "Setup.exe", let it install the mission editor anywhere (as the reason for running it is to install the missing file), but do not let it overwrite newer versions of files with older ones.

Re-boot and the Mission Editor should now work.

wink Jel
**************************************************************************************

Last edited by oldgrognard; 12/10/19 12:33 AM.

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

Mark Twain: I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.

#4499677 - 12/09/19 03:24 PM Re: 160 and other EAW versions help site thread [Re: MrJelly]  
CyBerkut Online content
Administrator
CyBerkut  Online Content
Administrator
Hotshot

Florida
Thread is temporarily locked until oldgrognard can review it.

#4499775 - 12/10/19 12:47 AM Re: 160 and other EAW versions help site thread [Re: MrJelly]  
oldgrognard Offline
Administrator
oldgrognard  Offline
Administrator
Lifer

USA
I have deleted a few posts. The reason is that they were unnecessarily provoking flame wars.

Look, I am not going to accept vindictive posting. If you are not adding to civilly cooperating in improving EAW then don’t post. Everyone is allowed and encouraged to promote their own work without making denigrating remarks about others work.

There is too much interwoven past problems that I am not going to try and rectify. Things are where they are and the past can’t be undone. If you can’t post civilly, then don’t post.

The moderators are not on 24/7 watch here. Sometimes it takes a while for an issue to be addressed. Show a little maturity. Don’t step into an ongoing fight. Use the Report button and you will probably get quicker response. And we don’t need fans coming out of the stands to add to the turmoil. Just Report it and let the moderators deal with it. Those who did report it did the proper thing.

I appreciate all of your work. Everyone’s. And I’m not going to take sides.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Someday your life will flash in front of your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
#4500356 - 12/14/19 09:14 PM Re: 160 and other EAW versions help site thread [Re: oldgrognard]  
RIBob Offline
RIBob  Offline

Not sure what happened in the time between my original post and now.

To return to the original topic, I will follow your instructions to the letter, and as-provided in this topic. I will proceed step-by-step, and refer to you as required. I have high hopes of getting this game up and running on a fairly modern system, which will allow the highest possible graphics settings. Stay tuned.

FWIW, I will install V1.60 onto my Master, Win 10 Pro drive. Nglide program installed. All the other components of the computer are far, far, in excess of what any version of any EAW-based game requires. If you desire further info, ask, and it will be provided.

I will wait a few days until I hear back from you before proceeding.

I look forward to playing ALL versions of the game, as I'm sure most others do. Playing them on my modern computer will allow the full visual impact of the game to be displayed, and that is what all this about.

Last edited by RIBob; 12/14/19 09:33 PM.
#4501146 - 12/21/19 05:40 PM Re: 160 and other EAW versions help site thread [Re: RIBob]  
MrJelly Offline
Veteran
MrJelly  Offline
Veteran

I have just returned from a week in the snow

Originally Posted by RIBob

I will wait a few days until I hear back from you before proceeding.

Why wait? The instructions have not changed, and it is me who is waiting for feedback from you smile

***********************************************************************************
The UAW160 trial version (Part 1):

160InstallationPart1

The file you download is named "UAW160.exe" and it is a 7-zip self installer.
When you run it it creates a "UAW160" folder, which has the minimum files and folders for a working installation test.

Make sure that your joystick is plugged in before you run the eaw.exe

When you run the "eaw.exe" (but with your own "eaw.ini" file if you have one from another installation) it should give you the UAW default ETO theatre and aircraft.

This will be a test to see if UAW160 works with your operating system smile
************************************************************************************

What happens when you follow those instructions and then try to run the eaw.exe?

Also, which versions of EAW are running on your " Master, Win 10 Pro drive"?

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.