Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#4499262 - 12/05/19 04:33 PM Re: EECH Test build - Hover Mods ***** [Re: Javelin]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
BANITA
Unregistered

[align:left][/align]"These releases are test releases."
"Please leave comments here in the forum and I'll work on fixing any issues or features that you come up with.
Javelin"

Therefore i reported 4 bugs.
graphical errors in flir =Javelin "it's not bug its feature."
crash to desktop when ctrl x =Javelin"it's not bug its feature."
crash to desktop when flying mi28 ,crash AVCKPT_DISPLAY_LHS_MFD with mfd ASSERT 'texture' (E:\Temp\00_EnemyEngaged\EECHSourceCode\modules\graphics\f3d.c:513) Javelin="it's not bug its feature."or alternatively "you can fix it yourself."
what is the point of reporting bugs if i hear every time I'm wrong?
Do I as a complete layman must say to the outstanding programmer Javelin,that even if he did not touch a piece of code, the programming is so that there are errors that we do not expect?really?
if I say that this and this error has not appeared before, and I am convinced that it caused by him work in code and he says it's definitely not his bug? Really?
I will not say that I have reported about ctd several times, and after a few months we find out that Javelin does not know what a ctd is.REALLY? rolleyes
I don't understand something here.
I wish health everyone , all the best.
Bye

Last edited by BANITA; 12/06/19 08:44 AM.
#4499299 - 12/06/19 02:37 AM Re: EECH Test build - Hover Mods [Re: Javelin]  
Javelin Offline
Javelin  Offline

Idaho Falls, Idaho USA
I didn't ignore your bug reports, I just can't fix them.

The first one is a bug in the graphics rendering engine, Microsoft Direct-X something or other. I can't fix Direct-X, Microsoft has the source code for that. The error has always been there, you just couldn't see it until I fixed the Flir video.

The Ctrl-X crash to desktop I can't repeat, so how can I find it and fix it? Besides, exiting the program normally still works so you could simply not use Ctrl-X. Ctrl-X was meant as an emergency exit from the program anyway. It isn't closing things out cleanly like the program does when you exit normally.

Crash to desktop via the asserted texture, I'm not even sure how it happens because I just used an available texture, I didn't create or close it out. Nobody else has reported the problem, so I'm not sure how to fix it. I could try disabling the code for all of the exported MFD's. That's kind of going backwards, though. Has anybody else seen this error guys? Do you have the "Mi-28 Working Instrument Needles" upgrade installed? That is needed as well.

Besides, it's almost Christmas! Everybody is off having fun!

Last edited by Javelin; 12/06/19 03:09 AM.
#4500091 - 12/12/19 06:28 PM Re: EECH Test build - Hover Mods [Re: Javelin]  
Mr Elusive Offline
Mr Elusive  Offline

Originally Posted by Javelin
Crash to desktop via the asserted texture, I'm not even sure how it happens because I just used an available texture, I didn't create or close it out. Nobody else has reported the problem, so I'm not sure how to fix it. I could try disabling the code for all of the exported MFD's. That's kind of going backwards, though. Has anybody else seen this error guys? Do you have the "Mi-28 Working Instrument Needles" upgrade installed? That is needed as well.

Installing the instrument needles upgrade fixed my crashing.

Unfortunately. I've noticed some bigger problems. I'll be flying along just fine, then suddenly, the helicopter physics will flip-out saying "main rotor damaged", causing me to fall and crash to my death. I'm not over torque and I haven't taken any damage from enemy fire - this happens on free flight. I have absolutely no idea what's causing this.

Is there another patch I'm missing or some configuration step I've missed?

Also the Kiowa feels extremely heavy. I can't take off without over-torquing. Is that intentional?

#4500141 - 12/13/19 02:51 AM Re: EECH Test build - Hover Mods [Re: Javelin]  
Javelin Offline
Javelin  Offline

Idaho Falls, Idaho USA
Sorry, but there is something fundamentally wrong with the Kiowa code. I've hunted high and low and I've never been able to find the problem. It has something to do with the single engine power code which was customized for the Kiowa by one of the previous modders. It's spread out through so many modules it's hard to trace. I just don't fly the Kiowa anymore. Sorry about that. Was the Kiowa the one that flipped out with "main rotor damage"? That's the only helo in the sim that I know of that has a physics problem.

#4500228 - 12/13/19 05:32 PM Re: EECH Test build - Hover Mods [Re: Javelin]  
Mr Elusive Offline
Mr Elusive  Offline

Sorry, but there is something fundamentally wrong with the Kiowa code. I've hunted high and low and I've never been able to find the problem. It has something to do with the single engine power code which was customized for the Kiowa by one of the previous modders. It's spread out through so many modules it's hard to trace. I just don't fly the Kiowa anymore. Sorry about that.

Oh well, nevermind. I'm sure you can't fly the Kiowa in the vanilla game anyway - like they say, what you never had, you never missed lol.

Was the Kiowa the one that flipped out with "main rotor damage"?

I've had it with the Kiowa and the AH-64D Apache Longbow for sure. If I get the time I'll see if I can make a quick video to illustrate the problem. I might also do a test with just the mouse and keyboard to rule out if it's a joystick issue.

#4507357 - 02/14/20 12:07 PM Re: EECH Test build - Hover Mods [Re: Javelin]  
thealx Offline
thealx  Offline

I've made some tests with latest build and noticed issue with ceiling for several helicopters.
As I remember, when I've added flight model #2, helicopters ceiling in perfect conditions (almost empty fuel tank, no overtorque, positive forward speed) was pretty close to real performance values.
However, after your changes I was able to climb on AH-64D over 30 000 ft, and over 10 000 m on Mi-28.
Do you have time and interest to revise your air density changes? It may be something else - like dry weight calculation, lift forces issues etc. but I haven't checked latest commits yet so can't provide any clue.

Attached Files Untitled-2.jpgUntitled-1.jpg
Last edited by thealx; 02/14/20 12:08 PM.
#4507440 - 02/14/20 11:31 PM Re: EECH Test build - Hover Mods [Re: Javelin]  
Javelin Offline
Javelin  Offline

Idaho Falls, Idaho USA
I altered the air density because the helo's couldn't hover. I found that someone had gone in and divided the air density by 1.3 for all of the helo's so I corrected it back to 1.0. 30% lower and they couldn't hover, the air density equated to about 20,000 ft altitude. If the change I made increases the ultimate ceiling greater than it should be, then I would guess the 'get_air_density' command isn't set up correctly.

It's located in \aphavoc\source\misc\airspeed.c

float get_air_density (float altitude)
{
float
m = 0.0289644, // physics constants
r = 8.31447,
l = 0.0065,
p0 = 101325, // standard air pressure, Pa
t0 = 288.15, // standard temperature, K
t = t0 - l * altitude, // actual temperature, K
p = p0 * exp(- (G * m * altitude) / (r * t0)), // air pressure, Pa
air_density = p * m / (r * t); // kg/m^3

return air_density;
}

#4507482 - 02/15/20 08:58 AM Re: EECH Test build - Hover Mods [Re: Javelin]  
thealx Offline
thealx  Offline

I have added this precise air density formula to make ballistics calculator work.
After quick check I can say that it gives proper value unlike default function with simple array of values instead of real life calculations that was replaced in 2014.

As example, air density at 1500m (8*C base temp) is 1,06144106993015 given by this function, 1.061919 by random online calculator
in old function, at 5000ft density is 0.928

Another check - at 4572m = 0,794604829807298
15000 ft = 0.793

which is pretty close. Looks like wrong density values near to surface was accounted by original flight model, or hovering code. As result - helicopter lift too small at surface and fine at ceiling, or fine at surface and too strong above ceiling. Total headache.

BANITA, I can confirm game crash because of texture unload. It is not related with changes of this topic, but with Havoc instruments fix.

#4507513 - 02/15/20 05:01 PM Re: EECH Test build - Hover Mods [Re: Javelin]  
Javelin Offline
Javelin  Offline

Idaho Falls, Idaho USA
I think hovering at the surface is more important than a ceiling limit, wouldn't you guys? I don't ever fly at the ceiling myself anyway, not much up there in the sim. Hovering I use all the time.

Last edited by Javelin; 02/15/20 05:02 PM.
#4507515 - 02/15/20 05:03 PM Re: EECH Test build - Hover Mods [Re: Javelin]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
BANITA
Unregistered

thealx Yes i know its for gaues. Please if you have time do also editable mfds in mi28 like apache you did once,without this new cockpit for mi28 is impossible.

Last edited by BANITA; 02/15/20 05:08 PM.
#4507520 - 02/15/20 05:56 PM Re: EECH Test build - Hover Mods [Re: Javelin]  
thealx Offline
thealx  Offline

I think hovering at the surface is more important than a ceiling limit

Sounds reasonable. Just keep in mind something wrong there, I have no plans for flight model changes in near future.

#4509345 - 03/03/20 07:41 PM Re: EECH Test build - Hover Mods [Re: Javelin]  
thealx Offline
thealx  Offline

Me again. Get some FM tests while made code changes, overall it's fine except several moments, maybe my recommendations will be useful for you.

1. Coaxial russian helos became hard to control. Turn while hovering, using only pedals, is way too slow, like it's some superheavy Mi-26. Even worse with forward speed - at 50 km/h yaw rotation does not work at all, while in RL, because helicopter does not have tail rotor, it should work almost same easy as in hovering. video comparison attached.
2. Same for Mi-28, it's performance close to AH-64 but in the game it's like a pregnant cow. I was able to move around with damaged tail rotor for 5 minutes, something really wrong with drag forces values.
3. OH-58 is way too quick. I like how it wobbles like a pendulum, same happen for all small helicopters, but it's acting like RC model rather than 2 tons machine - triple barrel without altitude loose, I dunno... I've fixed it's unstable torque issue lately but it changes nothing.
4. You have removed yaw from CH-47, it may be fair in different situation but now there is no way to taxi. don't bother, power steering wheels added

Update

5. You have removed realism check in hover function, then bring it back, then removed again. Did it cause any problems? We should make the game as much flexible as possible - you probably have seen a lot of complaints about how difficult game became with years.

6. is it correct that ini value export_mfd_single_pos no longer usd and can be removed?

7. sometimes, when I control heavy helicopter like CH-47 or Mi-6, it's starting to shake right in the air and blow up a second later. I don't think it caused by "wrong" values in dyn files, as most of the time they fly normally, but some bug exist in the code which appear with your edits (or it was before - I don't know)

Last edited by thealx; 04/14/20 05:34 PM.
#4520453 - 05/11/20 01:05 PM Re: EECH Test build - Hover Mods [Re: Javelin]  
SimonAlonso Offline
SimonAlonso  Offline

spain
Hi guys!, after read all the posts here, I have a doubt, what FM do I select in eech.ini to test this mod?
Thanks un advance

#4520460 - 05/11/20 01:29 PM Re: EECH Test build - Hover Mods [Re: Javelin]  
thealx Offline
thealx  Offline

It's included in 1.16.1 by default - hover modes always works, Javelin's FM adjustments calls "1.16.1 DYN files" in allMods installer.

don't use EXE from this topic - game will be unstable and contain various issues.

#4526458 - 06/20/20 02:34 PM Re: EECH Test build - Hover Mods [Re: Javelin]  
SimonAlonso Offline
SimonAlonso  Offline

spain
Hi guys!
After test a lot, I think that old method and old keys to raise and down in hover mode its better. I think new method is good toó but using Alt + Q and Alt + A to raise and down five by five meterse, so its more easy, fast, intuitive.
I am speaking of both methods with old keys.
I cant adapt to new keys, I preffer dont use it.
I love to play this sim with keys, its lovely, please keep it.

Finaly I like new fly model, except how low the twin helos turns.
Thank for read it.

Last edited by SimonAlonso; 06/20/20 02:39 PM.
#4569942 - 05/26/21 12:57 AM Re: EECH Test build - Hover Mods [Re: thealx]  
Reticuli Offline
Reticuli  Offline

Dayton, OH, USA
Originally Posted by thealx
I can confirm game crash because of texture unload. It is not related with changes of this topic, but with Havoc instruments fix.

Is that fix integrated in with 1.16.2?

Are Javelin's dyn files the ones that are generated when you run FM 0 and FM 2 for the first time in 1.16.2?

The term "necroposting" was invented by a person with no social memory beyond a year. People with a similar hangup are those o.k. with the internet being transient vapor.

http://www.openfuelstandard.org/2011/12/methanol-wins-open-wager.html

Saitek X65 and X52, Glide, Winx3D, and GlovePIE Profiles http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=reticuli&CatID=miscmisc

http://library.avsim.net/register.php

X52 + Silicone Grease = JOY stick
#4570004 - 05/26/21 04:25 PM Re: EECH Test build - Hover Mods [Re: Reticuli]  
messyhead Offline
messyhead  Offline

Originally Posted by Reticuli
[quote=thealx]I can confirm game crash because of texture unload. It is not related with changes of this topic, but with Havoc instruments fix.

Is that fix integrated in with 1.16.2?

This was all integrated in 1.16.1 (so also in 1.16.2).

Originally Posted by Reticuli
Are Javelin's dyn files the ones that are generated when you run FM 0 and FM 2 for the first time in 1.16.2?

The dyn files generated with 1.16.2 are the same as the ones Javelin edited - it doesn't matter which FM is selected in the ini, the files are generated when the game is launched.

There is also a separate download for the previous version files

http://eech.online/mods/dynamics-config-files-1160/

#4570025 - 05/26/21 06:20 PM Re: EECH Test build - Hover Mods [Re: messyhead]  
Reticuli Offline
Reticuli  Offline

Dayton, OH, USA
Ok, on the Havoc fix.

On the dyn files, that's good news, then. It would seem I'm already using Javelin's dyn changes and that simplifies going forward. Thanks.

Javelin's tweaks, I presume both in the dyn files and the other deeper code stuff he did, overall improved flight model fidelity quite a bit in this sim, even if the in-sim and ini dynamics settings need major tweaks depending on the helo you're in or the crosscoupling setting, you need to limit available yaw in FM 0, can't fly coaxials in FM 2, and FM 2's taxiiing is busted. And of course, it's even better with PPJoy & GlovePIE for those with joystick or pressure sticks rather than long pole cyclics or FFB.

His altitude hold works reasonably-well compared to the broken original algorithm, and stable hover hold does work, too, though non-stable hover hold has torque problems. Heading turn to target lock could use substantially more authority yaw, too, as it's weaker than needed to be highly effective, but does yaw a little.

Last edited by Reticuli; 05/28/21 09:18 PM.

The term "necroposting" was invented by a person with no social memory beyond a year. People with a similar hangup are those o.k. with the internet being transient vapor.

http://www.openfuelstandard.org/2011/12/methanol-wins-open-wager.html

Saitek X65 and X52, Glide, Winx3D, and GlovePIE Profiles http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=reticuli&CatID=miscmisc

http://library.avsim.net/register.php

X52 + Silicone Grease = JOY stick
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
CD WOFF
by Britisheh. 03/28/24 08:05 PM
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.