Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#4498714 - 11/29/19 01:41 PM Re: epic games store reputation,my 2c. [Re: Zamzow]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Originally Posted by Zamzow

And I'm not happy to hear of such a thing with Epic

What did you hear, because I must be missing it. What I see is the OP made a purchasing mistake, asked Epic to fix it, and they said no as per their stated policy. We've all made a similar mistake I'm sure. It's no shame to have done so, especially if he liked the first two Metro games, it might be hard to know he wouldn't like Exodus (although this does intrigue me). But Epic's return policy is public, is fair in my opinion, and they have no obligation to make Tom feel better. Epic may be the worst company in gaming, though my experience with them has been fine. But they wouldn't deserve that rep based on this thread.

I had to get the Epic store for RDR 2 since I didn't want to wait for Steam. No trouble. Matter of fact I also got Borderlands 3, and plan to get Exodus. Borderlands 2 is at the top of my 'most underrated games' list, so buying the new one was a given. Mainstream reviews are decidedly mixed, but Borderlands 2 clicked with me on every level so I was buying it regardless. Glad I did too. It's a lot of fun.

RDR 2, Borderlands 3 and Exodus are all on sale on Epic right now as a matter of fact. They are trying to steal a march on Steam sales obviously, but a sale so soon after release is good for gamers.

No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4498832 - 12/01/19 01:04 AM Re: epic games store reputation,my 2c. [Re: Tom_Weiss]  
Raw Kryptonite Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Raw Kryptonite  Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran

MS
Stumbled across the Epic games roadmap for development. Not a bad list if they stick to it. Self service refunds coming soon, within guildelines as well as a limited time for price protection, which I really like the sound of. I hate buying a game just to have it go on sale the next day or two.

https://trello.com/b/GXLc34hk/epic-games-store-roadmap

Mod support coming soon too.

·Steam: Raw Kryptonite ·MWO & Elite Dangerous: Defcon Won ·Meager youtube channel
·Intel i5-9600K ·EVGA GTX1070 FTW 8GB ·EVGA CLC 120 Cooler
·16 GB Patriot Memory VIPER 4 3000MHz ·GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO WiFi Mobo
· CORSAIR CARBIDE AIR 540 case ·BenQ BL3200PT monitor
#4498848 - 12/01/19 12:15 PM Re: epic games store reputation,my 2c. [Re: DBond]  
Tom_Weiss Offline
Veteran
Tom_Weiss  Offline
Veteran

3rd Planet, Sun
Originally Posted by DBond
. It's no shame to have done so, especially if he liked the first two Metro games, it might be hard to know he wouldn't like Exodus (although this does intrigue me). But Epic's return policy is public, is fair in my opinion, and they have no obligation to make Tom feel better.

almost no action - I was listening to dialogue that went on an on.

example : right at the beginning you need to help steal a train and after a quick firefight I had to listen to a very long and quite uninteresting dialogue.

Epic is the kind of store that denies a request with a "sorry for the inconvenience, distress etc." copy/paste answer that is done without reading why you requested a refund.

#4498852 - 12/01/19 01:33 PM Re: epic games store reputation,my 2c. [Re: Tom_Weiss]  
PanzerMeyer Online centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Online Centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
I have not played Exodus but I have been told by several friends who have played it that one major change from the previous two games is that you spend the great majority of the time above ground instead of underground in the subway system.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4498858 - 12/01/19 02:36 PM Re: epic games store reputation,my 2c. [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Tom_Weiss Offline
Veteran
Tom_Weiss  Offline
Veteran

3rd Planet, Sun
Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer
I have not played Exodus but I have been told by several friends who have played it that one major change from the previous two games is that you spend the great majority of the time above ground instead of underground in the subway system.

first thing that happens is that - you get away from the Metro.

Could be kind of interesting if it were another game which is precisely what it should have been, if you never played any Metro then you can enjoy it more. The best game of the series still is the first one: claustrophobic, dark and short dialogues that moved the story to next chapter.

Another bothersome thing: they talk in fake-Russian accented English, I looked for a Russian language option with subtitles but there wasn't one.

#4498929 - 12/02/19 04:38 AM Re: epic games store reputation,my 2c. [Re: Tom_Weiss]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by Tom_Weiss

Another bothersome thing: they talk in fake-Russian accented English, I looked for a Russian language option with subtitles but there wasn't one.

I’m pretty sure the first two Metro games also only had Russian-accented English so why expect this latest one to be different?

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4498959 - 12/02/19 12:25 PM Re: epic games store reputation,my 2c. [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Tom_Weiss Offline
Veteran
Tom_Weiss  Offline
Veteran

3rd Planet, Sun
Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer
Originally Posted by Tom_Weiss

I’m pretty sure the first two Metro games also only had Russian-accented English so why expect this latest one to be different?

very short dialogues - did not bother me at all and then an extended level full of action.

but a 10 minute train ride listening to it was too much.

#4498964 - 12/02/19 01:19 PM Re: epic games store reputation,my 2c. [Re: Tom_Weiss]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
I like that part of the Metro games. Doesn't sound much different that how Last Light was done, but maybe I'll be annoyed by it too, once I buy the game. In LL you walked through the stations and had all the little conversations to overhear. If you stopped and listened to them all you gained moral points or whatever they were called, to get a better ending. If you listen closely you hear a sound like a distant train whistle and I think the screen flashed, but so quickly you could miss it.

I understand that Exodus has the same mechanic, but this time around the conversations are not factored in, but you can listen in to find info on stashes and the like.

No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!
#4498980 - 12/02/19 03:27 PM Re: epic games store reputation,my 2c. [Re: Tom_Weiss]  
Tom_Weiss Offline
Veteran
Tom_Weiss  Offline
Veteran

3rd Planet, Sun
in Exodus the game sort of pauses for the conversation ... maybe they should have gone the way Alien: Isolation did, let the game tell the story not have it told to you.

#4498981 - 12/02/19 03:28 PM Re: epic games store reputation,my 2c. [Re: Tom_Weiss]  
RSColonel_131st Offline
Lifer
RSColonel_131st  Offline
Lifer

Vienna, 2nd rock left.
Exodus does pick up (less talk, more action) once you get to the first open map (Volga/Winter).

There are a few "dark corridor" levels inbetween the more open sections too, so I personally liked that balance.

There definitely should be a Russian voice version, not sure if Epic is selling only localized versions...?

#4498983 - 12/02/19 03:33 PM Re: epic games store reputation,my 2c. [Re: RSColonel_131st]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by RSColonel_131st

There definitely should be a Russian voice version, not sure if Epic is selling only localized versions...?

I would think that a Russian language version exists for the Russian market so maybe it's a case of Epic (a US company) not bothering with offering the Russian language version since the assumption is that not too many players would be interested.

#4498998 - 12/02/19 04:39 PM Re: epic games store reputation,my 2c. [Re: Tom_Weiss]  
Tom_Weiss Offline
Veteran
Tom_Weiss  Offline
Veteran

3rd Planet, Sun
could be that that is the reason - but more likely it was the developer that did that. There is an option in game to translate Russian signs and markings in English.

#4500592 - 12/16/19 11:33 PM Re: epic games store reputation,my 2c. [Re: Tom_Weiss]  
Blade_RJ Offline
Simhq Weather man, dropping rain in your parade
Blade_RJ  Offline
Simhq Weather man, dropping rain in your parade
Hotshot

brasil
From december 19 until january epic store will give a free game per day to comemorate their one year aniversary

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.