Page 12 of 14 1 2 10 11 12 13 14
#4496248 - 11/06/19 09:59 PM Re: DCS: F-16C Viper [Re: NineLine]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD
Originally Posted by NineLine
Actually both FLIR and A/G radar are having tasks done by the terrain team right now, these 2 issues along with a couple of others, such as night lighting have to go through them first.

With Razbam's Falkland map, will progress have stopped on the map while the terrain team complete the issues you have mentioned? Or do 3rd party map developers assist ED with maps like Nevada and the Gulf. This to me would be beneficial to share information between ED and 3rd parties.

For instance, Razbam work on Falklands, ED recode lighting for Nevada, Razbam then have to rewrite the lighting code to suit their map.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4496251 - 11/06/19 10:11 PM Re: DCS: F-16C Viper [Re: Winfield]  
NineLine Offline
ED Community Manager
NineLine  Offline
ED Community Manager

BC, Canada
Originally Posted by Winfield
Actually both FLIR and A/G radar are having tasks done by the terrain team right now, these 2 issues along with a couple of others, such as night lighting have to go through them first.

With Razbam's Falkland map, will progress have stopped on the map while the terrain team complete the issues you have mentioned? Or do 3rd party map developers assist ED with maps like Nevada and the Gulf. This to me would be beneficial to share information between ED and 3rd parties.

For instance, Razbam work on Falklands, ED recode lighting for Nevada, Razbam then have to rewrite the lighting code to suit their map.

As the 3rd party teams would be usiing ED's Terrain Tools, I am sure the info would be passed along in the form of updated tool, I am not sure that it would stop any work they are doing but may require some changes to how they are doing it.

#4496508 - 11/08/19 04:06 PM Re: DCS: F-16C Viper [Re: Sokol1]  
Paradaz Offline
Paradaz  Offline

UK
Originally Posted by "Open Beta Update"

Due to a statutory holiday in Russia this week, the team enjoyed a much needed day off to recharge and rest, because of this, we were only able to release a smaller update

It appears that a statutory holiday suddenly appeared our of the blue and completely took the project managers by surprise meaning that they couldn't release the update they wanted to. I do sympathise with them because how are they supposed to develop and integrate anything when obstacles completely out of their control are put in their way every 5 seconds?

This has got me thinking, it's currently in the planning phase but I'm looking at creating some sort of basic tool that allows multiple people to look at independently.....possibly a mechanism to share it and access or incorporate it within other planning tools and software applications. It could have project information on it, timelines, milestones and even combine resource information to identify what man-power is available at any point in time.

For the early-access phase, I'm going to call this new invention a CALENDAR.

#incompetence

Is it any wonder why these clowns can't develop a simulated ground radar when a national holiday surprises them?

On the Eighth day God created Paratroopers and the Devil stood to attention.
#4496511 - 11/08/19 04:21 PM Re: DCS: F-16C Viper [Re: Sokol1]  
IceecI Offline
1975-1997 R.I.P.
IceecI  Offline
1975-1997 R.I.P.

From the newsletter:
"Due to a statutory holiday in Russia this week, the team enjoyed a much needed day off to recharge and rest, because of this, we were only able to release a smaller update."
It's good that ED got their rest, unfortunately the holiday was just that day when most updates are done.

Instead of that nonsense you could also type:
"We only released a small update because we couldn't do better." No?

Give a man fish and he gets food, give a man a fishing rod and he asks for another one.
#4496517 - 11/08/19 04:39 PM Re: DCS: F-16C Viper [Re: Paradaz]  
NineLine Offline
ED Community Manager
NineLine  Offline
ED Community Manager

BC, Canada
Originally Posted by Paradaz

Is it any wonder why these clowns can't develop a simulated ground radar when a national holiday surprises them?

Where in there did it say we were surprised by a holiday, people asked why it was such a small update, we responded. Issues and features need time to be verified and merged, if we don't have the time, they don't make it into a patch.

#4496556 - 11/08/19 07:33 PM Re: DCS: F-16C Viper [Re: NineLine]  
reconmercs Offline
reconmercs  Offline

an island

Where in there did it say we were surprised by a holiday, people asked why it was such a small update, we responded. Issues and features need time to be verified and merged, if we don't have the time, they don't make it into a patch.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator....o5JqbJwzOAtMXP2UdnAfJdgb-WtXWQQnrrh8Dg_Q

This is a newsletter from 2017 that mentions trains, guess what still isn't implemented into DCS World over two years later? Do yall understand why a growing number of your customers are pissed? Is that clicking? Yall haven't even managed to implement AI trains in over two years, how are we supposed to trust yalls word on anything even remotely more significant...

Here is a Youtube vid from Matt's channel advertising an AI Scud launcher over a year ago...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPB...P14DVDflhTn8Ogw9OwsLq01NKC7vvlnLo1L2jils

guess what also still hasn't been implemented maybe they are held up with the cows nope ...

#4496572 - 11/08/19 09:28 PM Re: DCS: F-16C Viper [Re: reconmercs]  
Exorcet Offline
Exorcet  Offline

Originally Posted by reconmercs

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator....o5JqbJwzOAtMXP2UdnAfJdgb-WtXWQQnrrh8Dg_Q

This is a newsletter from 2017 that mentions trains, guess what still isn't implemented into DCS World over two years later? Do yall understand why a growing number of your customers are pissed? Is that clicking? Yall haven't even managed to implement AI trains in over two years, how are we supposed to trust yalls word on anything even remotely more significant...

The second point in that link you posted, the Hormuz map, went from in development to feature complete in that same amount of time. I'd say it's more significant than the trains. Along with APN missile navigation and a bunch of new units.

You can point out that ED has missed initial deadlines/date estimates because it's true, but the trains weren't well received by some and it wouldn't surprise me if part of their absence is due to that. I'm not sure they make a great example of ED's capability as a developer.

Here is a Youtube vid from Matt's channel advertising an AI Scud launcher over a year ago...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPB...P14DVDflhTn8Ogw9OwsLq01NKC7vvlnLo1L2jils

guess what also still hasn't been implemented maybe they are held up with the cows nope ...

From a newsletter around the same time:

"All terrains updated with improved file structure and adjusted shaders. In particular, the detailed area of the Persian Gulf map was expanded north and east. This includes the airfields at Shiraz and Kerman, higher resolution terrain mesh and textures, new and improved shaders for trees, expanded road and rail network, new agricultural areas, and new towns and cities. While the detailed area of the map is now complete, we do plan to add additional airfields and landmarks within the area over the next few months. Additionally, we are working on new units to populate this map like the SS-1 “SCUD”, Rapier and SA-2/HQ-1/S-75 SAMs, and the HY-1 “Silkworm” anti-ship cruise missile"

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3579278&postcount=152

Every unit except the SCUD has been released.

#4496614 - 11/09/19 12:41 PM Re: DCS: F-16C Viper [Re: NineLine]  
Paradaz Offline
Paradaz  Offline

UK

Exactly the point......why schedule a release around a statutory holiday when key resources won't be available? I suppose there will be a major release pencilled in somewhere around 26th December or 1st January? Honestly NineLine, introduce ED to a calendar.....it may come in handy one day and assist with their planning and they'll be able to pickout dates to avoid. Contrary to popular belief, it isn't rocket science and every single software developer (apart from ED obviously) tend to take these sort of things into account. Actually, given that ED don't have a road-map and don't have a clue when specific tasks will be initiated, employed and resourced a calendar is absolutely no use at all.

#4496650 - 11/09/19 06:03 PM Re: DCS: F-16C Viper [Re: GrayGhost]  
ricnunes Offline
ricnunes  Offline

Portugal
Originally Posted by GrayGhost
The hornet has a lot of capability now; A2G radar won't be complete this year IIRC.

Well, DCS Hornet doesn't have an A2G Radar and it also doesn't have a TWS A2A Radar mode. Those are two of the most (combat) important capabilities if not the most important capabilities of the real Hornet when it comes to real A2A and A2G combat.
So if a Hornet without such capabilities is considered by you to have "lot of capability" then I would really like to know what would be for you a Hornet that doesn't have a lot of capability?? rolleyes

#4496678 - 11/09/19 08:36 PM Re: DCS: F-16C Viper [Re: Paradaz]  
NineLine Offline
ED Community Manager
NineLine  Offline
ED Community Manager

BC, Canada
why schedule a release around a statutory holiday when key resources won't be available?

So now you are mad because we released something at all? There were some critical fixes in that patch, I really am trying to understand what you are mad at. The size and scope, and why where wasn't more module-specific issues addressed were due to a shorter week, but we had some critical fixes ready, one for a crash, and another for performance issues and we didn't want to wait to release those. So I am trying to understand why you are mad about this, I am just totally missing it right now.

#4496688 - 11/09/19 09:59 PM Re: DCS: F-16C Viper [Re: ricnunes]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD
Originally Posted by ricnunes
The hornet has a lot of capability now; A2G radar won't be complete this year IIRC.

Well, DCS Hornet doesn't have an A2G Radar and it also doesn't have a TWS A2A Radar mode. Those are two of the most (combat) important capabilities if not the most important capabilities of the real Hornet when it comes to real A2A and A2G combat.
So if a Hornet without such capabilities is considered by you to have "lot of capability" then I would really like to know what would be for you a Hornet that doesn't have a lot of capability?? rolleyes

Back in my day there was no such thing as radar. We used you hang out of the cockpit and drop sticks of dynamite on the target. Geez people these days have it easy, need a radar before even attempting a precheck. We used to whinge having to adjust the gun synchronization.....these days its "we can't even fly with out the radar"

Top Gun flies inverted to flip the bird and take a photo, in my hey day, Top Gun was flying inverted and dropping dynamite into the German Cockpits. We didn't need radar for that nor did we need a movie to reenact our war efforts.

#4496706 - 11/10/19 12:12 AM Re: DCS: F-16C Viper [Re: NineLine]  
Paradaz Offline
Paradaz  Offline

UK
why schedule a release around a statutory holiday when key resources won't be available?

So now you are mad because we released something at all? There were some critical fixes in that patch, I really am trying to understand what you are mad at. The size and scope, and why where wasn't more module-specific issues addressed were due to a shorter week, but we had some critical fixes ready, one for a crash, and another for performance issues and we didn't want to wait to release those. So I am trying to understand why you are mad about this, I am just totally missing it right now.

It's quite clear why ED and the mods struggle to understand the fundamentals if you can't comprehend what I'm getting at. No, I'm not mad 'something' was released.....I'm frustrated that ED still are not learning from previous mistakes. If ED know about about statutory holidays, then they know that the amount of resources are limited......so why even have a scheduled release in that time-window in the first place? That still shouldn't stop critical fixes though, they should be continued to be worked on as a priority.....however, ED wouldn't need critical fixes if they actually tested their releases and fixes properly because they wouldn't slip through the net in the first place.

If that's not bad enough, they have the gall to complain about the holiday preventing the bigger/scheduled release from happening in the first place. Seriously, which clowns are in charge over there, it's almost comical how incompetent they are.....I think I remember saying a similar thing about 5 years ago and guess what, ED still haven't made any improvements and like I said we'll probably see a carbon-copy of excuses come Christmas/New Year because ED didn't have the foresight to appreciate that people might just have a few days off work.

Are you not even the slightest bit embarrassed on their behalf?

#4496713 - 11/10/19 02:33 AM Re: DCS: F-16C Viper [Re: ricnunes]  
GrayGhost Offline
Hotshot
GrayGhost  Offline
Hotshot

Could it be the enormous SA enhancing capability of the data-link, the anti-radar capability with HARM, stand-off capability with JSOW and plenty of ability to drop guided weapons? Man, I just don't know.
Lately real pilots are telling us they call TWS 'Track while lie' and 'don't really use it' ... it's funny that you're trying to pawn these things off as the most (combat) important capabilities.

Originally Posted by ricnunes

--
44th VFW
#4496721 - 11/10/19 03:40 AM Re: DCS: F-16C Viper [Re: Paradaz]  
NineLine Offline
ED Community Manager
NineLine  Offline
ED Community Manager

BC, Canada

No, I am quite happy they were still able to get a patch out this week, even with it being a short week. But thanks for the feedback.

#4496732 - 11/10/19 06:30 AM Re: DCS: F-16C Viper [Re: Borsch]  
Blade_Meister Offline
Blade_Meister  Offline

Atlanta, GA, USA
Originally Posted by Borsch
Originally Posted by Blade_Meister

I was banned by you for asking the VEAO 3rd party contractor with ED where my P40 was and when it would be finished and released. They never did release it and anyone(like myself) that pre purchased the P40 never saw a product released. They never E-mailed me to let me know there was a refund available(1 week only) so I was the victim of what had every appearance of being a fraudulent transaction. When I posted the question to ED on the Forums about what they were going to do to compensate these customers I was banned again.
From this description it certainly sounds like you should not have been banned. As for 3rd parties... Did anyone sue Microsoft over problems with 3rd party software designed for their FSX platform? Honest question, my understanding is that as as customer you too have an obligation to do due diligence before spending your hard earned.Thus, trusting VEAO was likely your own fault, sorry.
So I am assuming you are either employed by ED or involved with the Forum or maybe just a Fan Boy, or maybe, and probably more likely, you are someone from VEAO. Either way, what you have written here is quite humorous. It is amazing that you think it is my fault for trusting and pre purchasing from a company(VEAO) which Ed contracted as a 3rd party. Well I hope everyone learns the lesson from you, don't trust ED or any of the 3rd party companies they contract with. Thanks for making that clear.

Hell I haven't even received the P47 or Me262 from the WWII debacle.

Mistakes do happen, but you can probably still write to support if you are eligible. I have put $1 towards Ilya Shevchenko's kickstarter and I got a Fw-190 Dora out of it. how much did you pledge?
How is this a mistake? It has been over 5 years hasn't it?I pledged 150$. I still have not received the P47 or the Me262. What is your point?

There is the rosy picture you paint of how ED has now woken up and really wants to listen to the customers and then there is the actual truth of how they (Ed and you) have run a disorganized, disreputable , disrespectful , borderline possibly fraudulent company and Forum.

With regards to ED forums, it is almost like there are two parallel universes - the English ED forums and Russian ED forums. Russian forums are super tolerant, you are talking to the devs directly with community managers being there for just as a sideshow. My feeling is that the Russian core of the team did not even know about the ins and outs of English forums politics, and having found out, they are trying to make things better.
After a decade of this treatment? It started slowly at first but in the last 3 years it has escalated exponentially. I seriously doubt what you just said, but you are entitled to your opinion.

If Ed finished one half of the Modules they already have sold and released, you guys would probably be the top Sim producing developer out there, but then there is reality. Reality shows a bunch of half finished products that will never see a customer approved finished state.

Come on! smile Ka-50, A-10C, P-51, Dora, Mig-15, F-86, F-5, Huey Uh-1, Mi-8, L-39, F-15C, Su-27, Su-25, Su-25T, Mig-29A/C/G - are ALL finished. That is not to say that there aren't some issues (temporary or semi permanent) wish some of them, but hey! A model of reality is always inferior, almost by definition and can be improved ad infinitum. But that does not mean that those models are not "finished"!
I own a lot of the aircraft above and they are all simply superb - their aerodynamic modelling is second to none, campaigns like "The enemy within" or "Georgian War F-15C" are an absolute blast.
I certainly am not going to go into each modules thread and give you an example. If you think all of those modules are finsihed and in good shape you are delusional. Again, that is your opinion.

I implore you to forgive ED's poor management of the English forums politics (hey, they are just a bunch of Russian aeronotics engineers, aviation geeks and programmers - that is pretty much exactly what became ED in the 1990's, and what remains ED today. ( BTW An Petrovich, the author of RiseOfFlight AFM-showcased in your avatar- was also originally from ED and his ground breaking Su-25 AFM is still amazing to this day). The Russian guys are unusually liberally minded too, english forums purges go completely against their spirit and I can only say that their language barrier was probably the main culprit in the whole situation. Wags, Nick Gray etc (with all due respect) are not what makes DCS tick.

I hold no grudge against Ed. I just post my story here and there so people will see that Ed is not to be trusted, as you said, and that after being a customer for over 10 years, probably more, I am over it and will not do business with them again unless something actually changes. As I said, right now there is over 400$ sitting on the table that ED will not see as part of their revenue, and that is actually a good thing as I am past due for a new build of an up to date Rig. So, there is a plus side to me not doing business with ED. If they actually take the modules I own to a finished release candidate state that would be a good start. If they actually made a commitment to each Module to have a set finish timeline with progress goal markers and then actually come close to fulfilling those commitments, that would be a good start. As ED is now with, pre purchase this and we will finish it when we get the time, that is just a disappointment waiting to happen.
Anyway, I respect what you are saying, I totally disagree with you and I will not buy anything from ED anytime soon. As far as the Forums getting better, I hope you are correct, but I seriously doubt it will happen, especially if nineline continues to be the lead moderator over there. It is not a problem though as I very, very, very rarely open that Forums anymore.
So know this. The only time you will see me post a message like this is when I see someone posting how great ED or DCS is and how they are such a reputable company and that DCS World is such a great Sim. Through my OP you can see that this is not my experience and I just like to share that so that maybe someone else will not make the mistake I made and waste their money.
No hard feelings anymore, it is just life in the big city. winkngrin

Thanks for showing me that it is really only any customer's(in this case it is my fault) fault if they trust ED and then get ripped off. I think this will help a lot of people to see just how Ed operates and that the customer is ultimately in control of keeping themselves from being taken by the likes of ED or any of the third party contractors working for ED. Sorry this response is so late, but then again I very, very, very rarely come into the DCS thread on SimHQ.

S!Blade<><

#4496736 - 11/10/19 07:44 AM Re: DCS: F-16C Viper [Re: Blade_Meister]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD
I hope you are correct, but I seriously doubt it will happen, especially if nineline continues to be the lead moderator over there. It is not a problem though as I very, very, very rarely open that Forums anymore.

S!Blade<><

Blade (and other's)

all points considered, VEAO are long gone. Yes I am still upset about the hawk that never got finished but I did not blame ED for that one. I never got involved with the kickstarter or lay down any money for VEAO's snatch and grab antics on kickstarter. I saw 1st hand how the IL2 dev kickstarter project went south which led to DCS continuing the development for the WW2 fighters (and honoring the kickstarter). Venting over at the ED forums about the IL2 dev pulling the pin and ED picking up the pieces earned me a warning. I can honestly say that if I posted the same comment I did back then now I would not be warned.

However, the condemnation of NineLine in these forums has gone on long enough. I am actually surprised that Force10 has not already stepped in to warn members here for the barrage of attacks that NineLine has had to put up with, yet he comes back and weather's the storm.

I have been warned several times in the past not to directly attack members but to counter with what has been posted. Long time members would know I have previously been critical of ED's moderation team and I have had moderators here at SimHQ tell me to pull my head.

NineLine agrees here and elsewhere that the moderation team have sometimes got it wrong. SkateZilla (thankfully) has come back and posted in these very forums after a long hiatus but you don't see me attacking him outright for his previous moderation stance that saw me banned at ED's forums.

Personally, disagreements are going to happen here and every where else on the internet, let's try and be civil about it and not personally attack other members. After all, NineLine is a registered member here and has been for some time.

Last edited by Winfield; 11/10/19 08:33 AM. Reason: **added the word "thankfully"**
#4496764 - 11/10/19 02:13 PM Re: DCS: F-16C Viper [Re: GrayGhost]  
IceecI Offline
1975-1997 R.I.P.
IceecI  Offline
1975-1997 R.I.P.

Lately real pilots are telling us they call TWS 'Track while lie' and 'don't really use it' ... it's funny that you're trying to pawn these things off as the most (combat) important capabilities.

I'm sure your 'real pilots' are correct, now ED only needs to deliver the news to air forces around the world. It's sad that they have been using such an inferior technology, idiots! I suggest a formal letter to air forces of the world with big red title "TWS SUX NOOBS" on it.
These the same pilots, I assume tell ED how aircrafts' behave and suggest flight models, yeah those flight models which after being 'correct' in initial release must be tweaked 10 times in next two years?

...it's funny that you're trying to pawn these things off as the most (combat) important capabilities.

Another letter needed to tell AFs that A2G radar isn't also worth investing to aircrafts. Man what were they thinking when designing these planes?!

I'm glad that ED steps up and sets the priorities correct, that should show them.

Give a man fish and he gets food, give a man a fishing rod and he asks for another one.
#4496765 - 11/10/19 02:16 PM Re: DCS: F-16C Viper [Re: NineLine]  
Paradaz Offline
Paradaz  Offline

UK

No, I am quite happy they were still able to get a patch out this week, even with it being a short week. But thanks for the feedback.

Well, that pretty much confirms to me regardless of any bluster about improving things and making the communication better that things aren't going to change. If you and ED still can't acknowledge that things can improve and errors of the past won't be used as a lesson to learn from then you're never going to improve and won't be turning this sinking ship around. More and more people are voting with their wallets now and demanding that the products are actually finished. It's quite clear there is no intent to do this, it's certainly never been mentioned as far as I'm aware. If you're just happy to see basic fixes getting pumped out and excuses made why progress isn't being made then that becomes a glowing reference to the mindset and ineptitude on show by the company and people associated to it.

I'll bow out, I hope you enjoy your time as one of the community managers while it lasts because as long as the mindset described above and the continuation of the ridiculous early-access strategy continues then the pincers of administration will get ever closer. You all have yourselves to blame.

Personally, disagreements are going to happen here and every where else on the internet, let's try and be civil about it and not personally attack other members. After all, NineLine is a registered member here and has been for some time.

Nineline requested feedback and he's getting it. ED are allegedly trying to improve things......but as you can see, they still refuse to accept critiscism. Given that Nick Grey is blinkered into the strategy of early-access being the only way they can fund the continuation of the 'World' it's pretty clear things aren't ever going to change.....other than more and more customers will not buy into it until it reaches the point that it becomes unworkable as a business. They're clearly not far off it or they wouldn't have been forced down this route in an attempt to make it look like they've suddenly come to their senses.

#4496781 - 11/10/19 05:59 PM Re: DCS: F-16C Viper [Re: Winfield]  
Blade_Meister Offline
Blade_Meister  Offline

Atlanta, GA, USA

Blade (and other's)

all points considered, VEAO are long gone. Yes I am still upset about the hawk that never got finished but I did not blame ED for that one. I never got involved with the kickstarter or lay down any money for VEAO's snatch and grab antics on kickstarter. I saw 1st hand how the IL2 dev kickstarter project went south which led to DCS continuing the development for the WW2 fighters (and honoring the kickstarter). Venting over at the ED forums about the IL2 dev pulling the pin and ED picking up the pieces earned me a warning. I can honestly say that if I posted the same comment I did back then now I would not be warned.

However, the condemnation of NineLine in these forums has gone on long enough. I am actually surprised that Force10 has not already stepped in to warn members here for the barrage of attacks that NineLine has had to put up with, yet he comes back and weather's the storm.

I have been warned several times in the past not to directly attack members but to counter with what has been posted. Long time members would know I have previously been critical of ED's moderation team and I have had moderators here at SimHQ tell me to pull my head.

NineLine agrees here and elsewhere that the moderation team have sometimes got it wrong. SkateZilla (thankfully) has come back and posted in these very forums after a long hiatus but you don't see me attacking him outright for his previous moderation stance that saw me banned at ED's forums.

Yes VEAO is long gone with mine and many others money. Ed could have, and still could, reach out to those who were taken advantage of and make some apology and/or some offer of reconciliation for the bad alliance that occurred under the Ed/DCS umbrella of DCS World. They did nothing, but the people that were upset by the whole episode and posted on the Forum about it were given various bans. Of course my posts, and many others were not very polite and nineline was probably correct in handing out some of the bans that he did. To keep this clear, my posts were not vicious attacks on any one person at VEAO, but they were quite blunt and black and white as to how I viewed the situation. The point is that ED did nothing but ignore the situation, not even an apology. They just shrugged it off and kept rolling on and locked the threads and banned the users to stifle the anger this caused. That is bad business and really bad PR with your customers.

As far as nineline, I have no personal vendetta against him or any other moderator at Ed. I have made no personal attacks against him, but I do not have confidence in what he says at this time. The proof is in the pudding and I will observe and see if he and ED can make good on what they are saying now. Not that what I think makes any difference, it is just where I am at personally with observing ED/DCS/Forums. If they can turn the ED Forums around and make that Forum a place where the Community can correspond and help to make DCS a better sim, then more power to them. That would be a step in the right direction for Ed & the Forums. I am a diehard lover of all things CBFS and even FPS and Tank Sims. I wish nineline nothing but good fortune in turning the Forum around and also ED good fortune in figuring out that they must complete their modules to make a customer out of me and probably many others. I am always lurking in the shadows and watching, no that that matters, but I will come back if the right things happen. You have to earn a customer's trust back within your Forum and your business practices.

BOS is a good case study for them. I was an early access customer of BOS and despised it and felt completely ripped off. I was quite outspoken about it on the Forums. Once Jason took over and they used the next 4 years(Bearcat's prediction) to turn BOS and then BOM around, I was an ardent supporter. I am still an ardent supporter even with TGBS prevailing flaws in AI. In all fairness they have acknowledged the need for AI changes and Jason has an employee working on it. The reason I am a supporter is that Jason and that Community can have the discussions of what TGBS is doing great along with what is needing to be changed. TGBS Forum had a very similar lock down as ED has had on Forum members posting, and Jason has maneuvered himself and their Forum moderators through this and there is quite good communication going on over there now. This has been a very good demonstration of how to turn a hostile customer base around and win the approval of that customer base back while taking your product into a top tier successful business. I hope Ed can follow suit, but to be fair and honest, they are not in that position now and IMHO I think they know it. Back to the shadows

S!Blade<><

Last edited by Blade_Meister; 11/10/19 06:03 PM.
#4496782 - 11/10/19 06:07 PM Re: DCS: F-16C Viper [Re: IceecI]  
GrayGhost Offline
Hotshot
GrayGhost  Offline
Hotshot

Originally Posted by IceecI
I'm sure your 'real pilots' are correct, now ED only needs to deliver the news to air forces around the world.

Yeah, you just babble on sir.

--
44th VFW
Page 12 of 14 1 2 10 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
CD WOFF
by Britisheh. 03/28/24 08:05 PM
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.